• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
WEGGLES said:
My Parachute is not working.

At all.

Tried restarting my xbox. Reloading saves. Nothing.

Go up high in an airplane. Doesn't work.

Grapple to something. Doesn't work.

Speeding in a car. Doesn't work.

Speeding in a boat. Doesn't work.

"Stunt Position" on the nose of a jet. Doesn't work.

REALLY fucking kills the game. Help!
Did you check the control options?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I keep trying to enjoy this game and then I keep getting pissed off at it because my imagination keeps wanting the game to be a really cool fantasy setting rather than this bullshit generic modern warfare tripe.

How cool would it be if it was the same exact open world but instead of some dumb modern warfare story you were flying around on dragons and shit? Or even a Lost game, IDK. Something else.

Kodiak said:
I keep trying to enjoy this game and then I keep getting pissed off at it because my imagination keeps wanting the game to be a really cool fantasy setting rather than this bullshit generic modern warfare tripe.

How cool would it be if it was the same exact open world but instead of some dumb modern warfare story you were flying around on dragons and shit? Or even a Lost game, IDK. Something else.
Dude what

No

WEGGLES

Kodiak said:

Oblivion?

outsida

Kodiak said:

I don't get it...

Sanic

Kodiak said:

Wouldn't mind either way, honestly.

UFRA

Kodiak said:

Huh?

Doesn't sound like that's the games fault at all...sounds like you just bought the wrong game for your preferences.

Mesijs

I'm SO addicted to this game! Almost 70 hours in now! :lol

I just collected all the trophies EXCEPT the hardest difficulty ones. So, what's the very quickest way to gather as much chaos as possible to be able to beat the story mode as quick as possible on the highest difficulty setting?

Thanks for the help, and if anybody needs any tip on any trophy, just ask.

Sanic

Does anyone have any recommendations as to a plane and location to use for getting the low flyer achievement/trophy? I've tried the G9 and the silverbolt over both water and the desert but... I just can't do it! With the water I have trouble judging how close I am to it, and when on land, I can never get a long enough stretch of completely flat land.

Mesijs

Pandoracell said:
Does anyone have any recommendations as to a plane and location to use for getting the low flyer achievement/trophy? I've tried the G9 and the silverbolt over both water and the desert but... I just can't do it! With the water I have trouble judging how close I am to it, and when on land, I can never get a long enough stretch of completely flat land.

Go to the airfield north at x20904, y5569 and enter the fighter yet. Fly eastwards, slightly to the left and you should go over water only. Just practice a few times with judging the closeness of the water and you should be fine.

Sanic

Mesijs said:
Go to the airfield north at x20904, y5569 and enter the fighter yet. Fly eastwards, slightly to the left and you should go over water only. Just practice a few times with judging the closeness of the water and you should be fine.

I'll try, but as I said water has been a problem for me :( I've tried many many times now. Maybe I just need to practice that much more.

Filldough

Pandoracell said:
I'll try, but as I said water has been a problem for me :( I've tried many many times now. Maybe I just need to practice that much more.

Good to know I'm not the only one having problems with this one. Sounds so easy but the insta-explosions from water and tree tops make it really aggravating... maybe more so since it seems like it would be easy.

Vid I found that seems easy enough and person gets way over the necessary 30 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8mXMucIU0

Sanic

Filldough said:
Good to know I'm not the only one having problems with this one. Sounds so easy but the insta-explosions from water and tree tops make it really aggravating... maybe more so since it seems like it would be easy.

Vid I found that seems easy enough and person gets way over the necessary 30 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8mXMucIU0

Thanks, i'll try that. It looks easy enough :lol

Kodiak said:

Your imagination is obviously so small that you can't even ground it in reality.

Sanic

What is up with Rico's clothing dynamically changing based on location. Never noticed before.

I also had some awesome glitching going on where if I aborted a mission, when the game started back up I was in a totally different location then where I was, while being launched across the map, fast, high in the air.

Pandoracell said:
What is up with Rico's clothing dynamically changing based on location. Never noticed before.
Yeah I wonder about that, whether his clothes change color, or if it's just snow and dust accumulating.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Kodiak said:

Dragons? Dragons?!

I think this game would be perfectly fine having dragons actually. No need to change the fact that it's set in the present day either. That's just how awesome this game is. Add some dinos while you're at it.

Sanic

rataplein said:
In this location i did it in 2 tries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ow5Nq0KTwU

Just remember to keep throttle to the max all the way up

Where can I find a slow moving plane like that? I can't think of any location off the top of my head at the moment.

Neuromancer said:
Yeah I wonder about that, whether his clothes change color, or if it's just snow and dust accumulating.

After watching it a couple of times, its definatley his clothes changing color.

Where is the airport? I just received the game yesterday and put about 7 hours into it. I can't seem to find the airport! Also, can someone tell me what you're suppose to do on the Lost island? I went there and perhaps I am too early in the game to do the missions but I have no idea. I went to the top of each 'building' but wasn't able to actually do anything.

Sanic

LovingSteam said:
Where is the airport? I just received the game yesterday and put about 7 hours into it. I can't seem to find the airport! Also, can someone tell me what you're suppose to do on the Lost island? I went there and perhaps I am too early in the game to do the missions but I have no idea. I went to the top of each 'building' but wasn't able to actually do anything.

Wait, you never owned the game all this time? :lol

The airport is just to the right of the large 'city' area, which is located to the left of the middle of the map.

As for the Lost island,
you will eventually go there, towards the start of the game, via a mission from the Ular Boys. You can't do anything with those buildings/towers until you take on that mission.

Pandoracell said:
Wait, you never owned the game all this time? :lol

The airport is just to the right of the large 'city' area, which is located to the left of the middle of the map.

As for the Lost island,
you will eventually go there, towards the start of the game, via a mission from the Ular Boys. You can't do anything with those buildings/towers until you take on that mission.
Lol yea I was waiting on Goozex. Thanks for the info.

UFRA

Pandoracell said:
After watching it a couple of times, its definatley his clothes changing color.

Are you sure? I notice that the snow/dust also accumulates on his elbows and forearm which are exposed. It seems like they just went for a basic cosmetic dirt accumulation effect on his clothing, so it doesn't actually add any 3D clumps of snow, but just 2D discoloration.

Just my observation though, not 100% sure.

mintylurb

WEGGLES said:
My Parachute is not working.

At all.

Tried restarting my xbox. Reloading saves. Nothing.

Go up high in an airplane. Doesn't work.

Grapple to something. Doesn't work.

Speeding in a car. Doesn't work.

Speeding in a boat. Doesn't work.

"Stunt Position" on the nose of a jet. Doesn't work.

REALLY fucking kills the game. Help!
Did you try clearing your system cache? It just crashed on me while I was playing it on my newly purchased jasper unit. What's amusing is that it never crashed when I played it on my falcon unit. :lol

Is there a glitch that will cause locations discovered and locations completed to not be the same? I have 369 locations discovered and 368 completed and I don't see anything on the map that hasn't been done.

bridegur

This is easily the best open-world game I've ever played. It feels far more open-ended and less tied down than GTA4. Being able to do missions the way you want is incredibly refreshing, and the vastness of the world is amazing. It's also nice not having to deal with some overbearing, C-rate mafia story.

UFRA

I <3 Memes said:
Is there a glitch that will cause locations discovered and locations completed to not be the same? I have 369 locations discovered and 368 completed and I don't see anything on the map that hasn't been done.

Yup, same thing happened to me. I reported the glitch on the Eidos forums.

bridegur said:
This is easily the best open-world game I've ever played. It feels far more open-ended and less tied down than GTA4. Being able to do missions the way you want is incredibly refreshing, and the vastness of the world is amazing. It's also nice not having to deal with some overbearing, C-rate mafia story.
Yeah best of all if you really want to you can use pretty much any vehicle/equipment you want for any mission. Contrast that with GTA4 where your car you used to drive to the mission often disappears, and in chase scenes you can't kill your target until the developer decides you can.

I <3 Memes said:
I think I ended up with 369/368 locations discovered and completed. I was missing one for a long time, but it was hiding under the blue dot for one of the faction items.

JDSN

Banned
Kodiak said:

I love how you hate the game cos its some generic setting....and then proceed to request for a dragon and something that reminds you of badly edited show.

Sanic

WickedLaharl said:
is the dlc still coming out today?

Yes, it's up now on XBLM at least. Anybody have any impressions? I'm not sure if i'm gonna buy it or not. I can't find any videos, and after reading some impressions, the only think I would be interested in are the dual thrusters and I don't know how...useful they would be.

Roelatie

found this @ forum of justcause.com

Dual Parachute Thrusters ($50K)

These are situated just above Rico's head, either side of the square formed by the parachute chords in a halo position over his head.

There's a rising thermometer on screen right hand side to show how hot they're getting. You get about 4 seconds continuous usage before filling the gauge. It then takes about 6 secs of non-usage to reduce the temperature all the way to zero again. Only 2 seconds of non-usage to get out of the 'red zone' and be able to use it at all again, though, which feels reasonable. You get used to the rhythm of it.

The sound effect when you boost is the same as the hot air balloon burner noise.

The speed is pretty nice! It's kind of like the Rowlinson Level 1, and the motion feels like using that when fully tilted forward. You can go pleasingly fast; definitely not going to beat any planes, but I look forward to flying around hovering enemy choppers and watching them try to keep up! It's especially useful to not have to zig-zag grapple up really tall buildings (you know, when you've tried to parachute up but have lost momentum so end up spiderman-ing instead ). You can essentially use this to travel quickly from base to base, and it feels like a nice addition to use.

You can simulate parasailing; grapple-and-hold onto a boat, then use these to keep up. Nowhere near as cool as real parasailing (i.e. being pulled along by the vehicle) would have been, but you can pretend, at least :p

You can hold down the button to use these (R1 for my X360) before you open a parachute, and it gets you going very quickly immediately. Just hold the button down, then zip towards something with grapple, then open parachute, you'll see what I mean. Equally, while stunt jumped on a moving car, hold the thruster button then press your parachute button (so on X360 that's hold R1, then press A).

Rico's Standard Parachute ($0K)

The normal in-game parachute. Released in preparation for the other parachutes they're going to give us, I suppose, so you can switch back to default.

Multi-lock Missile Launcher ($50K)

This is *way* more fun than I thought it'd be! You just hold down fire, move the reticule over multiple targets to fire, then release once you've locked onto up to 4 targets. It'll shoot up to 4 rockets at them, one per target, all homing in perfectly. The weapon comes with 12 missiles.

When locked onto an enemy, you get a white square with a diamond inside over the locked target even when you're not focused on them. A slight disappointment is that it only seems to lock onto military targets, i.e. "enemies". Civilians and their vehicles won't lock on. Having said that, the benefit becomes clear when you're fighting in civilian-heavy areas, since given you only have 12 rockets and fire 4 at a time, you want to make sure they all hit the military guys around you!

Combine this with the parachute thrusters to rain down some serious mayhem from above This is where the "way more fun" bit comes in. Locking on is perfect for firing from the air, since you can just "smear" the reticule over some enemies without needing to stay on them. It's extremely satisfying and cool to watch! Just a shame you only get 12 rockets, and have to land to get more ammo.

You can refill with normal rocket launcher ammo. If you're ordering from BM, you may as well just order another multi-lock launcher though, since it's cheaper than the standard rocket launcher by $30K.

F-33 DragonFly Jet Fighter ($100K)

It's very fast, I'll give it that. But it's not VTOL, and tbh is a bit disappointing. Handling is sluggish, maybe slightly moreso than a Leopard, pretty close to that anyway. It has only dual rocket launchers, the usual machine guns. It needs a fairly long runway to take off, more like a Leopard than the Pell Silverbolt 6, despite the similar colour scheme.

Overall, the pack seems worth the points. I think the multi-lock launcher and parachute thrusters are the real attraction here, they steal the show when combined Here's hoping they give us a "rocketman" outfit one day; it's the first thing you think of when you start using the thrusters and seeing how manouevrable they can be.

Sanic

I don't know, all of the DLC released or announced to me seems kinda...meh. I guess i've just been spoiled looking at all of the awesome things modders have been doing on the PC.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I think my game might be broken, I can't look right or left, and my audio is severely muffled. It all happened when my game got interrupted to tell me that my video capture had reached its limit (which is weird, as I had it set to auto capture) - and when I went back - nada. I tried loading older games, and I tried fiddling with settings. Now I just deleted my game data and hopefully that fixes, i'll get back with the results.

Edit: Fuck me, I just realized that my controller settings WERENT fine, and my audio went nuts too - I should pay more attention. Still, how the hell did that happen?

Top Bottom