• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

darkwings

Banned
butsomuch said:
1273305817_jc3.jpg

Just Cause 3: The Fall of Rico?

lol it is missing the avalanche logo. Fake.

3QUidkhchTNWoSlIxiplTX

WHOIS information for justcause3thegame.com said:
Domain Name: JUSTCAUSE3THEGAME.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.JUSTCAUSE3THEGAME.COM
Name Server: NS2.JUSTCAUSE3THEGAME.COM
Updated Date: 05-may-2010
Creation Date: 05-may-2010
Expiration Date: 05-may-2011

Compare and contrast with

WHOIS information for justcause.com said:
Domain Name: JUSTCAUSE.COM
Registrar: CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.corporatedomains.com
Referral URL: http://www.cscglobal.com
Name Server: DNS1.CSCDNS.NET
Name Server: DNS2.CSCDNS.NET
Updated Date: 06-apr-2009
Creation Date: 21-nov-1997
Expiration Date: 20-nov-2016

Nice try though, hope someone didn't spend too much time and money

Sanic

butsomuch said:
http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_205498/201005/1273305817_jc3.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://www.justcause3thegame.com/"]Just Cause 3: The Fall of Rico?[/URL][/QUOTE]

That subtitle :lol. Someone didn't try very hard.

Darklord

Banned
Pandoracell said:
That subtitle :lol. Someone didn't try very hard.

For a second I was like "Rico?". Yeah, not really the game to have a characters name in the title.:lol

In fact, fuck Rico off. He's useless and boring. Bring in a Saints Row 2 styled character creator.

Brizzo24

I went from absolutely loving this game to finding myself getting frustrated as hell. How did this happen? Well, for one thing (and i know I'm not alone on this) going through the many areas and obtaining the armor pickups does jack squat for your health. You need to locate 5, and when you do, your health improves by an insignificant sliver. WTF?

So now, after 16 hours, and completing an ample amount of fractions and strongholds, the enemy is so f-ing aggressive that it becomes nearly impossible to not die. I'm constantly taking cover and evade rolling, but it never seams like it's enough. Those asstards spawn right behind me, with shotguns, and next thing i know my health is down to a quarter as i rush to find a med pack in the area.

eXistor

Brizzo24 said:
So now, after 16 hours, and completing an ample amount of fractions and strongholds, the enemy is so f-ing aggressive that it becomes nearly impossible to not die. I'm constantly taking cover and evade rolling, but it never seams like it's enough. Those asstards spawn right behind me, with shotguns, and next thing i know my health is down to a quarter as i rush to find a med pack in the area.
I found myself improving a lot after really using the grappling hook to kill enemies. I rarely died after I got the hang of that.

I finshed it a few days ago. Really liked it, but the game is too big for its own good and the ammount of stuff to do is ridiculous. There's just too much. I played about 25 hours in total, really focusing on doing Faction missions ans finding upgrades and stuff, not dicking around too much and in the end I got about a 31% completion ratio. They have to really dial it down and come up with more diverse stuff for JC3, but all in all I did have a great time playing it.

Brizzo24 said:
I went from absolutely loving this game to finding myself getting frustrated as hell. How did this happen? Well, for one thing (and i know I'm not alone on this) going through the many areas and obtaining the armor pickups does jack squat for your health. You need to locate 5, and when you do, your health improves by an insignificant sliver. WTF?

Some people theorize that getting armor upgrades still helps even after it appears that it doesn't, I can't remember either by taking less damage or by regenerating quicker. I don't know how you'd test that though, that's just what I heard.

By the way, when I'm just trying to 100% areas and the heat level gets unmanageable, I just save, then load that save. Heat gone, all you have to do is extract to where you just were. Saves time.

Sanic

UFRA said:
Just got platinum on this game today.

Feels good, man. :D

Congrats! I took (another) break and haven't played in a bit. Maybe i'll get some time in tomorrow, we'll see. I'm on the last Agency mission finally.

methane47

Ok i just started playing the game last week... And the game is HUGGEEE i'm addicted to 100%'ing every village I see... But i'm playing the game on Experienced ... sooo either like a town is just wayyy too conjested for me to safely find everything without getting blown to bits first... ORrrr i've reached 96% and i can't for the LIFE of me find that last thing i gotta pick up or destroy :(

Like for example... The Airport in that Ular boys mission... I found it... and started taking out everything.. now its 96% and i CANNOT FIND ANYTHING LEFT TO DESTORY :( it sucks...

Bizzyb

Banned
eXistor said:
I found myself improving a lot after really using the grappling hook to kill enemies. I rarely died after I got the hang of that.

I finshed it a few days ago. Really liked it, but the game is too big for its own good and the ammount of stuff to do is ridiculous. There's just too much. I played about 25 hours in total, really focusing on doing Faction missions ans finding upgrades and stuff, not dicking around too much and in the end I got about a 31% completion ratio. They have to really dial it down and come up with more diverse stuff for JC3, but all in all I did have a great time playing it.

This is so true. I could literally spend 60 hrs with this game and end up at only 65% complete. Although in the end, I like a game that I can come back to and see or do something different. I know the basic stuff is repetitive but when don in different areas with different topography it makes it feel different in some way.

eznark

Banned
FYI

Just picked this up, brand new and sealed on the PC, for $12.50 at gamestop. No clue if that is a promotion or anything, just had a 75% off sticker on it. Mass Effect 2 was the same.

eznark said:
FYI

Just picked this up, brand new and sealed on the PC, for $12.50 at gamestop. No clue if that is a promotion or anything, just had a 75% off sticker on it. Mass Effect 2 was the same.
Sometimes I forget Gamestop even sells PC games.

Drewsky

eznark said:
FYI

$12.50 well spent, sir.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
eznark said:
FYI

Damn that is an insane deal. Anyway, Im still crawling my way to 75% done. I will finish that up this weekend before Red Dead comes tuesday. This game is still amazing fun and well worth the full price i paid.

rc213

Put in a bunch of hours on this game already, Did they tweak the controls? I remember having a few issues with the controls in the demo but I picked up the retail copy and didn't miss a step.

Loving it so far, Can't get enough.

i switched to playing the pc version since i wasnt too far on the ps3 version....whats the best way to unlock agency missions quickly (ie. cause the most chaos in the least amount of time)....ive been blowing stuff up on the oil refinery mini island but the bar still goes up really slowly

Sanic

nolookjones said:
i switched to playing the pc version since i wasnt too far on the ps3 version....whats the best way to unlock agency missions quickly (ie. cause the most chaos in the least amount of time)....ive been blowing stuff up on the oil refinery mini island but the bar still goes up really slowly

Faction missions I imagine? To be honest, I never really noticed what gave me the most chaos. I just played the game.

BeeDog

Finished the game the other day, and am hovering around 35% completion percentage on Mercenary Mode. Overall, the game's good and highly addictive, but as said, there's a bit too much stuff filled in, which in turn makes the game a bit repetitive. Too much of the game completion percentage relies on picking up all the resource items and blowing antennas and generators up, and it quickly becomes tedious.

Mesijs

I got the Platinum trophy lately, had to do another playthrough on hardcore, took me 10 hours.

Overall this has to be the most fun gaming experience I've had this year. It's the free-roaming game I put the most hours in, even more than San Andreas that I completed 100%. :lol It's just so incredibly fun and honestly, I could go up to 100% and still enjoy it, although I decided that it's maybe better to read a book or something.

I'm eagerly waiting for a new island DLC, that would be a day one buy. And I don't really buy DLC at all.

mintylurb

BeeDog said:
Finished the game the other day, and am hovering around 35% completion percentage on Mercenary Mode. Overall, the game's good and highly addictive, but as said, there's a bit too much stuff filled in, which in turn makes the game a bit repetitive. Too much of the game completion percentage relies on picking up all the resource items and blowing antennas and generators up, and it quickly becomes tedious.
Yup it does get a bit tedious after a bit. I've put in about 40 hours so far, I know tedious...:lol, and I think I'll take a break from it.

edbrat

yeah i'm up to about 40 hours in this, absolutely loving it so far. Have been saving the agency missions and tearing through the settlements, going for 100 per cent on each. This can drive me nuts at times :) But the radar for items is excellent, its just the generators, transformers and propaganda vans I can so easily miss. Left Panau City until today and have 91 per cent in the docks bit, not too sure how i will find the last few.

maxed out the sub machineguns as dual wielding them is great, and also the rocket launcher, grenades. Have a few vehicles maxed out too but hardly ever purchase them.

Enemy definitely gets noticeably trickier. The one tactic which works well is to not get surrounded, as long as all the shit is coming from one direction its usually easily handled. And flying aircraft into colonels bailing just before the crash is great fun.

Two agency missions left but I am going to save them until I am utterly sick of terrorising settlements, bases etc. RDR on preorder for next weekend so I think the end is in sight one way or another :)

Played it for the first time yesterday. This has spoiled me on sandbox style or open world games. It pisses me off that this game has a better overworld than Oblivion and it's an action game!

The scope of the game is just awesome. Playing it in glorious HD.

You know, I'd say this is my GOTY so far. It's just so damn fun.

I tried out the demo for the first Just Cause today just to see how it compared to JC2, and holy christ is it bad. It looks and plays horribly. I can't believe the difference between JC1 and JC2. It's like the difference between Street Fighter 1 and Street Fighter 2. Just imagine JC3.

Salaadin said:
Where else can they go with the series? Space is the next logical step :lol
seriously, though, Just Cause 3 better have a map so large that other open-world games won't be able to match its size for years and years to come.

BeeDog

Figured I'd ask in this topic, since it's only happening when I play this game. Anyway, when I play this game on my PS3, some strange graphical glitches occur. While checking the world map (SELECT), parts of the map sometimes flash black for a split second before turning back normal. Also, sometimes while playing, the water will also flash in a strange, solid-color way for a split-second before returning to normal.

I figured it could be that my BC PS3 is dying (artefacting) :(, but no other game I've been playing lately (3D Dot Game Heroes, Tekken 6, Battlefield: Bad Company 2) has this problem. What gives? Anyone else have these problems?

BeeDog said:
Figured I'd ask in this topic, since it's only happening when I play this game. Anyway, when I play this game on my PS3, some strange graphical glitches occur. While checking the world map (SELECT), parts of the map sometimes flash black for a split second before turning back normal. Also, sometimes while playing, the water will also flash in a strange, solid-color way for a split-second before returning to normal.

I figured it could be that my BC PS3 is dying (artefacting) :(, but no other game I've been playing lately (3D Dot Game Heroes, Tekken 6, Battlefield: Bad Company 2) has this problem. What gives? Anyone else have these problems?
Similar problems, like I see something that looks like flat blue texture and then it pops and becomes a lake. This is on the 360 though.

MNC

It better be goddamn space

OH MY GOD

SPACE TO EARTH TRANSITIONS

WHY AM I HYPING MYSELF FOR A GAME THAT'S NONEXISTANT :lol

BeeDog

Neuromancer said:
Similar problems, like I see something that looks like flat blue texture and then it pops and becomes a lake. This is on the 360 though.

Hmm, what you are describing sounds more like some streaming error... or does it manifest itself more like a graphical artefact?

Bizzyb said:
Does this game really need to get any bigger though? Its insanely huge as is.

No it doesn't. They need to focus on fixing some of the core gameplay design issues that people complain about, and making the game world feel more alive. If there's one thing that sticks out when thinking about Just Cause 2 in comparison to Red Dead Redemption for example if the way Red Dead's world has personality. The people, the animals, the random events, etc. I wouldn't want a bigger game in JC3 if it was just as static as JC2.

artist

Banned
Just bought this game ... how do I do the faction missions? How about the actual story missions? I'm creating chaos but the meters seem to be stuck .. the only other thing I can do right now is explore the area and kill colonels.

Help?

artist

Banned
irfan said:
Just bought this game ... how do I do the faction missions? How about the actual story missions? I'm creating chaos but the meters seem to be stuck .. the only other thing I can do right now is explore the area and kill colonels.

Help?
Anyone?

Top Bottom