• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 |OT| Procedural Chaos

Yeah, I'll echo what people are saying in that there are definite issues with the game (PS4 version), however they're not really bothering me.

I can't even count the amount of times this game has made me say WOAH since I started playing. It's dumb fun and I'm having a blast. :)

vypek

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Lol. Great. : )

I've been doing a few flying car things or attempting to. I turned a car on its side and placed 4 boosters under it and then placed it. It flew upwards surprisingly well. About the only time I noticed that the propulsion seems decent.

So awesome

Oh, right! We have those now.

I've been doing it old school with some... varying results.

vypek

Oh, right! We have those now.

I've been doing it old school with some... varying results.

Sometimes the car rises straight up for me and other times I guess I misplace it by a small amount and the car 360s and goes off in some angle. The best result I was actually on it as it went straight up and I didn't jump off in time. Was still pretty cool. I just wish that when a booster was on a person that it would send them into the sky while the number placed on them determines how crazy their flight path is.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Sometimes the car rises straight up for me and other times I guess I misplace it by a small amount and the car 360s and goes off in some angle. The best result I was actually on it as it went straight up and I didn't jump off in time. Was still pretty cool. I just wish that when a booster was on a person that it would send them into the sky while the number placed on them determines how crazy their flight path is.

Try giving them an initial boost with a well placed sling shot ;)

I think one of my morbidly favourite moments has been spotting an EMT providing aid to an elderly man on the side of the road, and me waiting on top of the ambulance to hook a passing car and then the old man LOL

sKiTz

My wife bought this for me the other day when she went shopping, I've installed it but after reading this thread I think I'll wait for the first patch, anyone know if they've given us a time frame? I'm on Xbox One by the way.

danowat

Banned
My wife bought this for me the other day when she went shopping, I've installed it but after reading this thread I think I'll wait for the first patch, anyone know if they've given us a time frame? I'm on Xbox One by the way.

You've got it, why not just play it and see how it performs for you?

You aren't going to lose out on anything be trying.

I've heard the patch is coming next week though.

Hey people, ( sorry for my future bad english haha! )

Like i already said here, i love doing funny ( or trying to be funny ) video. In the past days, i "worked" for making the most "Humans Rockets" Possible. By "insert" Explosive Booster in/on their butts... lol

The results is pretty funny i think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xohI7o5438

I would like feedback, like is my music ok ? (sometime i think i make bad music, so it turn people off haha, my Todd Howard mini-rap didnt get love). I dont want the video to suffer from a too bad music.

Is it funny? Jokes are ok ? and not "too much text" ?

If you have ideal for a other title "ala reddit" or even jokes if it's worthly i will re-edited it maybe lol.

If you dont want to risk a "youtube click" , here a gif!
( i will try to post this gif tomorrow on reddit. If you think a other moment would be better for gif tell me too!).

http://gfycat.com/SevereContentDarklingbeetle

If someone take the time to check it out thx! You can check out for my typos too in these video. I know it's bad maybe haha!

SJRB

Gold Member
Flew 15 minutes to Boom Island, only to find out there was
absolutely nothing. What a fucking letdown.

Haha yeah that was kind of a dick move.

From what I understand it people can play and mess around on that island while the game fully installs. I'm not sure why they kept the island in after installation was done, it takes forever to get there and there is literally nothing to find.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

Like i already said here, i love doing funny ( or trying to be funny ) video. In the past days, i "worked" for making the most "Humans Rockets" Possible. By "insert" Explosive Booster in/on their butts... lol

I would like feedback, like is my music ok ? (sometime i think i make bad music, so it turn people off haha, my Todd Howard mini-rap didnt get love). I dont want the video to suffer from a too bad music.

If you have ideal for a other title "ala reddit" or even jokes if it's worthly i will re-edited it maybe lol.

( i will try to post this gif tomorrow on reddit. If you think a other moment would be better for gif tell me too!).

If someone take the time to check it out thx! You can check out for my typos too in these video. I know it's bad maybe haha!

Awesome video, man. Made me laugh a few times! Wouldn't really change anything.

Awesome video, man. Made me laugh a few times! Wouldn't really change anything.

Nice!! And the gif is a good choice of a scene? It's spoiled the end a bit, but it's the most "impressive" or complex feat of the video. Haha, i had to "rush it down" to 15 seconde. So maybe it's too much on fast-forward?

My sensitivity to frame rate dips must be non existant because i don't see anything in that clip that would make the game remotely unplayable for me. I've destroyed tons of bases thus far both big and small and i've never felt like my performance has been hampered. Naturally, that's not me suggesting that there aren't real issues that people are experiencing with the framerate but for me the game has been playing normal or atleast fluid enough where framerate dips aren't evident to me

Breh seriously? That clip is basically in slow motion lol. If I didn't know any better I'd be wondering if JC3 has a bullet time equivalent.

Undead

Has anyone found the F1 car yet?
I've watched the videos and searched all around where it shows repeatedly but it never spawns

Great music and pretty damn funny quips. I laughed at the MLG part.

Loved it!

Aerocrane

Has anyone found the F1 car yet?
I've watched the videos and searched all around where it shows repeatedly but it never spawns

There is a land race in Citate di Ravello, Regno province in the southern coast of Insula Striate that uses the F1 car. When you exit the challenge after completing it, you should be still driving the F1 car. Then you can just drive it to the nearest garage.

Is anyone else having any booting up the game issues? I'm playing on XB1 and when I press A to "play as BluenoseGames" the loging in .... screen keeps flashing and won't load.

NVM, I rebooted the console and it has fixed itself.

NotLiquid

Taking a bit of a break with the game until I get a new GPU. I need a new one in general and even though I've heard mixed things about even higher ones running the game I really want a smoother 1080p experience, which will hopefully be likely alongside a new patch.

Undead

There is a land race in Citate di Ravello, Regno province in the southern coast of Insula Striate that uses the F1 car. When you exit the challenge after completing it, you should be still driving the F1 car. Then you can just drive it to the nearest garage.

Thank you

Lego Boss

Just play it now, if you don't like it what have you lost?

I think some people are way too sensitive to technical issues, if you're like me the fun in the game transcends all of that.

Enjoy!

brau

7CD72F9A6C8C5CE7D96FF9A36A38124E5B512F56

lol

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I had a lot of fun with the game last night (PS4) but since rewards and upgrades are tied to completing trials (which take way too long to load between tries) the loading times definitely hurt the momentum of the game. Otherwise it's been a mindless, silly fun action game that's a nice change of pace from all the dead-on serious stuff that's been released lately. But yeah, those loading times.... That shit needs to be fixed badly, Avalanche.

I had a lot of fun with the game last night (PS4) but since rewards and upgrades are tied to completing trials (which take way too long to load between tries) the loading times definitely hurt the momentum of the game. Otherwise it's been a mindless, silly fun action game that's a nice change of pace from all the dead-on serious stuff that's been released lately. But yeah, those loading times.... That shit needs to be fixed badly, Avalanche.

Try the "offline" tactic if you can.

There is a "trick" too, maybe it's just "mental". But if you are on PS4, press the PS Home button to go back on the main menu. Wait 5 second and go back to the game.

It seem to work, the bug in loading seem to be with network connectivity.

sKiTz

Just play it now, if you don't like it what have you lost?

I think some people are way too sensitive to technical issues, if you're like me the fun in the game transcends all of that.

Enjoy!

I don't care about the dips, just the load times really seems to be a big complaint, I'd just rather wait if the patch is coming out soon then to jump in and get pissed off.

I've got other games to keep me occupied for the time being so I'm not in a rush.

SJRB

Gold Member
After liberating the umpteenth village by doing the exact same thing over and over, the novilty of it all wears a bit thin. In fact, I''m already getting kinda bored.

The core gameplay elements in this game are extremely unrewarding. I mean, there's no point to anything, really. Gameplay-crucial upgrades are locked behind tedious mini-games that should never have made it past alpha stage in this form. Who the hell thinks it's a good idea to have a wingsuit but then lock important mechanics like a brake/stop behind doing who knows how many mini-games? It's just so bizarre. Not to mention the removal of sprint, dodge rolling and crouching. What is even the point of removing this?

Spent 30 minutes destroying this massive base? Well GG, here's a funny 10-second radio bit from David Tennant. How the game lacks any meaningful progression system is beyond me. Where are all the weapons? I'm still using the same AR and akimbo Deagles I equipped at the start simply because they're by far the most useful/powerful weapons. The much-advertised dual tethering is useless, because in the heat of battle it's 10 times faster to just throw some explosives or use your rocket launcher. Tethering is a novelty gimmick that has little purpose other than a light chuckle at the wonky physics when you tether someone to a building or something.

The garage and collecting cars is a massive waste of time. Not only do all cars handle like garbage so you'll wreck your car in moments, the lack of any form of customization makes collecting and owning cars meaningless.

I could go on, and I don't even know why I'm ranting this much, I'm just so confused at how this game turned out. The geography is beautiful, the lay of the land excellent. The wingsuit is a perfect addition and the soundtrack is incredible. The potential is obviously there, but there's so much weird stuff.

Arttemis

Awesome video!

atomsk

Party Pooper
There is a "trick" too, maybe it's just "mental". But if you are on PS4, press the PS Home button to go back on the main menu. Wait 5 second and go back to the game.

It seem to work, the bug in loading seem to be with network connectivity.

This is exactly how to fix the PS4 "10 minute load of death" that you'll seem to encounter every couple of retries.

When you notice it happening, hit the PS Home button, then try to open another game. Press "no", and then jump back into JC3

Then it will load up in the usual 20-40 seconds.

So far this has worked for me every time

Nokterian

You get a achievement when you mod the game haha that is cool! Finally installed the mod that removes the starting intro and just goes to the in log screen that makes it so much better also installed full tether and wingsuit mods.

Lego Boss

This is exactly how to fix the PS4 "10 minute load of death" that you'll seem to encounter every couple of retries.

When you notice it happening, hit the PS Home button, then try to open another game. Press "no", and then jump back into JC3

Then it will load up in the usual 20-40 seconds.

So far this has worked for me every time

How does that work?!

That's some mad skillz, wonder if it works on XBOX.

atomsk

Party Pooper
How does that work?!

That's some mad skillz, wonder if it works on XBOX.

Speculation is that making the system prepare to open another app kills whatever the memory leak bug is doing.

In any case it's a good stop-gap solution until they get a patch out

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, so this seems like the place to mention this but in a couple of days I am going to be interviewing some people from Square Enix Europe about among other things Just Cause 3. It seems prudent to ask in this thread if you have questions that you wish to have asked?

hollomat

Banned
Just got the game on Xbox one due to the Best Buy buy 2 get 1 free.

I was wary at first because of all the reviews and issues everyone seems to be having, but I'm 2 hours in and having a blast. Seems like the natural progression from Just Cause 2.

Top Bottom