• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 3 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
God, that Raylan and Loretta scene was great. God damn Last Man Standing for stealing Loretta from us. All I want is Loretta weekly.

Amazing episode, but there's still a sense that Raylan is not as immersed in the storyline as I'd like. Though I understand that's part of the design of this particular narrative.

Al-ibn Kermit

Now hold on a second, how did Jimmy fall down? Quarles was able to get up after the car exploded so the shock wave definitely wasn't big enough to knock over somebody who was already sitting down 50 feet away.

Maybe Wynn ran around the back and pushed him over? People are asking who shot the trooper, but the real question is who pushed Jimmy!

Nobody's seen Arlo...

- Adam WarRock takes on "Justified"
In honor of this week’s Justified season finale, I rewatched all of Season 3 of Justified this weekend. So I (predictably) made a song about it. Three verses vaguely recapping all 3 seasons, though there’s no spoilers, really. What, you aren’t watching Justified? What are you, an idiot? Here’s, I swear, FX should pay me for this:

Season finale tonight!
Slaughterhouse

Raylan is a man on fire as he goes after everyone he holds responsible, on the way to a bloody final showdown.

JTzXi.jpg

Fry

Can't wait. My predictions:

Quarles: killed by Boyd with a headshot
Limehouse: apprehended by Raylan
Duffy: manages to escape

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Can't wait. My predictions:

Quarles: killed by Boyd with a headshot
Limehouse: apprehended by Raylan
Duffy: manages to escape

Good predictions.

Have a feeling about the bartender, was it Lindsey? Either she'll kill someone to protect Raylan, or be a victim. Having a full scene the last couple of episodes, leads me to think she'll have some role. Unless it's to have some sort of scene with Wynonna (if she shows up this episode).

Likelihood of seeing Tim or Rachel??

Coop

I finally caught up with this season and it's been great. Looking forward To the finale. Hoping duffy doesn't die but I don't see him surviving.

Btw, Did the show get picked up for another season?

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
I'm gonna be extra pissy if they keep Dickie on ice for nearly an entire season only to slay him at the end.

It kinda felt like they closed his story line, at least for the time being. They explained where the money went and Dickie's going back to jail. So I dunno what else they can do with him. Guess he's an option to bring back in future seasons.

Excited and sad at the same time about the season finale. The wait for the next season is going to be brutal yet again.

Lonestar

It kinda felt like they closed his story line, at least for the time being. They explained where the money went and Dickie's going back to jail. So I dunno what else they can do with him. Guess he's an option to bring back in future seasons.

Excited and sad at the same time about the season finale. The wait for the next season is going to be brutal yet again.

Feel the same way about Dickie.

He's still alive, but off the board. Only question is, when do the producer's figure out a way for him to be back on the street.

Though, now with no Family and no Money, he doesn't have much going for him. Any storyline would be him going after Loretta, and staying away from Boyd.

Quarles: 100% dead.

As a result of this, I don't think they'll kill Limehouse either. He existed in seasons 1 and 2 of Justified and he can continue to exist in 4 onwards without being a major player, because he only got involved in this season's story due to Quarles and Dickie. I don't think he needs to die, although maybe he could get arrested?

Duffy will get off scot free, I reckon.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hasn't each season premiered less than a year after the prior season? What are the odds that happens again?

Lonestar

What's the best Justified finale title so far?

"Bulletville", "Bloody Harlan", or "Slaughterhouse"?

All 3 are great titles, though the I'd put the 1st 2 before the 3rd.

I keep wanting to say Bloody Harlan, but Bulletville has that certain "je ne sais quoi" about it.

I'd believe they just start with the season finale title and write the entire season backwards from there.

Very possible.

Gotta wonder, of all the potential shootouts involving Raylan, how many of them might have "henchmen" involved, for body count? Limehouse has them, sure enough. But will that escalate into a shootout? Quarles is pretty much alone. Unsure if Duffy and Bodyguard will be on his side or not. Will the Detroit Mafia come back down? Will Zombie Coover come out of the mine for revenge?

Lonestar

I'm going to post a solid wall of that gif for the moment Quarles "gets it", whatever "it" is.

Almost want to do it now....

Lonestar

6lQAS.gif

Heh, live viewing tonight is going to be fun.

Strangely, if it's not Touch or Game of Thrones, live viewing for TV shows are pretty lightweight. Only 3 or 4 of us might do it here. Hell, I was live chatting with myself for Person of Interest. That show is fantastic, but has 3 people talking about it.

This show is incredible, and has 23 posts on the day of the season finale. I'm sure Lost had a billion posts on the day of the finale.

VanDerWerff on the finale:
tvoti said:
Just a reminder that tonight's Justified is tremendous, and retroactively gives the season some of the thematic heft it's been lacking.

Strangely, if it's not Touch or Game of Thrones, live viewing for TV shows are pretty lightweight. Only 3 or 4 of us might do it here. Hell, I was live chatting with myself for Person of Interest. That show is fantastic, but has 3 people talking about it.

This show is incredible, and has 23 posts on the day of the season finale. I'm sure Lost had a billion posts on the day of the finale.
Honestly, it doesn't bother me too much. I'd love it if the show had more viewers, but I prefer the smaller tv threads like this one. GoT and TWD get a little out of hand on a regular basis.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Only thing that bothers me about the lightness around here is I know SO MANY PEOPLE would LOVE this show and they just don't watch it. It's fucking amazing TV.

gdt

Super excited for this. Wonder if Winona will play into this, at all. Probably not, she'll come back when its baby making time.

Lonestar - you'll be amused to hear that some people are describing the Petrino firing as "#Justified" on Twitter, so we can piggyback on that hashtag tonight. :jnc

I don't post in here very often, but I could not be more excited for the finale tonight. More people should watch this show. Everyone I've suggested it to has liked it, it's just on a 'weird' channel with little cross channel advertising, which is really a shame. This is really the only show I bother watching live, everything else just gets recorded.

From the People Magazine tv critic:
Jason Lynch on Twitter said:
Tonight's Justified finale is pretty much everything you could want. At least 6 different character faceoffs that made me giddy.

No spoilers, but Jere Burns has one of his all-time best moments tonight.

Raxus

I look forward to this finale if only to thin the herd of an excellent cast to a smaller size so they can focus on their excellent (surviving) cast.

Lonestar

Shotgun blast.

Right to the gut.

Courtesy of Zombie Coover.

I'm telling you.

Zombie Coover

Ratings gold

Originally Posted by tvoti:
Just a reminder that tonight's Justified is tremendous, and retroactively gives the season some of the thematic heft it's been lacking.

Wonder if he means a closer look on both Arlo's senility and Raylan coming unglued with people shooting (they kept bringing up him being weirded out from shooting the Nurse)

Plissken

Pumped for tonight! I actually watch this "live", one of the few shows I do. Problem is, it doesn't air until 11:00 pm here, then I watch Daily Show and Colbert, and then I'm off to bed. So I can't comment until the next day, but I look forward to reading everyone's impressions tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom