• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience |OT|

royalan

Better than these atrocities:
images

51uYZuG6PCL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Go fuck yourselves, POPGAF.

Why do people keep coming for PopGAF like we're invading the thread of a non-Pop artist?

Most of us were referring to Justin as "The New King of Pop" until this putrid album dropped.

Just admit you guys are stanning for a Pop artist.

YOU ARE NOW POPGAF

i2CLHFw83SWpA.gif

andymcc

Banned
of course valuable discussion won't happen here with a majority of pop-gaf present and accounted for. it's going to be a regurgitation of bad tumblr gifs and the most generalized reductions of criticism.

Why do people keep coming for PopGAF like we're invading the thread of a non-Pop artist?

Most of us were referring to Justin as "The New King of Pop" until this putrid album dropped.

Just admit you guys are stanning for a Pop artist.

YOU ARE NOW POPGAF

i2CLHFw83SWpA.gif

thank you for succinctly proving my point.

royalan

thank you for succinctly proving my point.

ibcmwASdH8E2em.gif

Ummm...only if you choose to ignore the last few pages of discussion. One has to wonder about the validity of your point if it took 13 pages to prove it. And don't come for me, I've contributed to the discussion in here plenty.

My response was perfectly appropriate. JT is a Pop artist, yet people are coming for PopGAF like we're somehow not qualified to have an opinion on a Pop artist. And not just any Pop artist. One of the most manufactured men to grace the genre in years.

My point's not dissolved just because I also posted a gif.

bud

"don't hold the wall" is my favorite song off the album. at this point, i do think i love futuresex more, though, but i've only given this one just one listen so far.

Pavaloo

Justin needs to make an entire album that sounds like the outro to Strawberry Bubblegum. After 20/20 touring and whatnot is all said and done, he can ditch the suit and tie and use this as the thematic for the next album:

tj hazuki

JT's projections have been increased, PER HDD

ALL EYES ON JUSTIN: The TV blitz setting up next Tuesday’s release of Justin Timberlake’s RCA “comeback” album The 20/20 Experience culminates at 8 p.m. that night with a one-hour special on The CW, the network has announced. The performance-and-interview special will be taped at the El Rey Theatre during the Monday night release party and will include the premiere of J.T.’s latest video. The show’s title--Target Presents the iHeartRadio Album Release Party With Justin Timberlake—tells you all you need to know about the alliance formed by the label’s Peter Edge and Tom Corson to max out the album’s launch, which first-week estimates now ramped up to a hefty 600k. (3/13a)

Damn it warms my heart to see some Timbaland love around these parts!

Can We - SWV
Beep Me 911 - Missy
She's A Bitch - Missy
Hey Papi - Jay-Z
We Need A Resolution - Aaliyah

^ These are all better than yours (imo of course)
Good shout on Wake Up, beat is phenomenal but strangely overlooked.
Ice Box isn't really Tim by the way, sure he's credited but..... yeah.

Kad5

So i've been hearing some positive things about this.

Is this album is good as they say it is?

I've heard people say it's a contender for album of the year.

DjRoomba

Banned
I only like what has been released soo far like Mirrors, Pusha Love, suit n tie. 3rd track was ok too. But rest of album is kind of slow and sucky. This is no Future Sex

AHA-Lambda

This this this this this

Don't get me wrong, this is a great album. But I didn't know it was going to be so mellow and sleepy and I can't help be disappointed. I'm not saying it's bad, and I can't knock it for not being what I imagined it would be, because it is great, great music. But from JT, I was expecting at least a couple tracks that were more up-tempo singy-rappy dance pop tracks. Maybe the Target bonus tracks will be more "typical pop JT" that wouldn't otherwise fit on the album?

Mirrors, though, that track is without a doubt my favorite. Suit & Tie in second place if only because of that awful JayZ verse that tanks the entire song.

I have to agree with this, it's definitely a well made album but it's not what I am looking for.

My expectations were too high, this is a very average CD. No standout tracks for me at all. Tunnel Vision is the best song on the album, and thats just because of the production value. damn near 10 minutes a song and 80% of them are 5 minutes too long.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Strawberry Bubblegum is definitely the best song on here. Theres way too many moments in that song and chorus alone where I break out and start singing aloud.

when the beat drops and the mellow mellow mellow begins
the start of every verse
tell me you wanna get close somewhere far away far away
cause sheeeeeeeeeeeees just like NOTHIN
baby pleeaaaaaaaaaaaase don't change NOTHING
hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey
smacking that strawberry bubblegum

It's audio ecstasy.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I love Pusher Love Girl, but I prefer his Grammy performance of it to the studio version.

overcast

This album is pretty fucking awesome. Full write ups later.

How is Justin more "fake" then any other pop artist? It's like rap, who gives a damn. Come on.

Top Bottom