• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience |OT|

whitehawk

Banned
I really hate deluxe editions. It's just an excuse to charge the fans more. It also takes away from the art of the album format.

I really hate deluxe editions. It's just an excuse to charge the fans more. It also takes away from the art of the album format.

The bonus tracks are usually weaker or don't fit the album so it's not a total bummer

As is the case with both the deluxe edition tracks

whitehawk

Banned
The bonus tracks are usually weaker or don't fit the album so it's not a total bummer

As is the case with both the deluxe edition tracks
Sometimes, but one of the bonus tracks from Beyonce's 4 is one of my favourite songs from the album. (Lay up under me). All 3 bonus tracks were incredible songs actually. They deserved to be on the "real" album. It wasn't that it didn't fit within the theme of the album, they just wanted an excuse to charge a few extra bucks

I wanted to like this since this is the first JT album I got, but I must say that I'm not liking it very much. I cannot even see myself growing to like it over multiple listens like some music can require. I think JT has a good voice, but in the end I'm not into his style of music.

At first hearing pusher-love girl I felt that this was a going to be really good album and my expectations rose. But goddamn, the song is 8~min. while I was hoping for a track change at the 4min. mark.

Mirrors is pretty good and pretty much what I expected to hear from him being in a boy-band, but I was hoping he would've evolved this sound. (And my god what is with that horrible beat-box lip-smacking sound in the background. What was he thinking?)

DominoKid

that one's groovy live. i think i like that the most so far. which is odd because its the one i listen to least on the album.

Nilaul

I wouldnt be so excited. Its not gonna have any thing like sexy back; or anything like that.

Its a relaxing affair; stuff you would listen to with a girl in your arms. Well its mostly disappointing (if your expecting really rhythmic and upbeat stuff). Its disappointing. The first track? well dunno? I think I cant stand it (I think the it was way better live then in the studio version in the album).

Mirrors stands out, blue ocean floor stands out (its possibly the best in the album) and maybe dress on (but the chorus really ruined the song). These 3 songs are perhaps worth paying for; nothing else is.

Blue Ocean floor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl5lijp8Ycg (skip the first 15 sec.)
Dress on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7P2bZZS1hg

overcast

I more than okay that it's not just dance tracks. Really love the sound of the album. Not too much like FS/LS. (Even though I would have been cool with that).

Pavaloo

Said it before and I'll say it again: JT needs to make a throwback album that sounds like the Strawberry Bubblegum outro.

Such a good damn groove.

D23

last day at fallon :(
been an amazing week, his live performances are amazing!!

im guessing hes gonna close it with suit n tie

RedAssedApe

Banned
I've liked what I've heard but I'm really not a fan of the super long tracks.

I've only gotten up to spaceship coupe but I think its my favorite so far. Lyrics are so silly it could almost be a lonely island/SNL digital short track JT is performing with Samburg. I can imagine the music video now. :)

Chairhome

Woah. Woah. WOAH!!! Your "friend" Lyle Beniga? THE LYLE BENIGA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH HIM?!?!

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm. But yeah. Not like best buds or anything, but I used to be in a dance group that performed with an old dance group he was in and I keep in mild touch with him and his girlfriend.

Moobabe

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm. But yeah. Not like best buds or anything, but I used to be in a dance group that performed with an old dance group he was in and I keep in mild touch with him and his girlfriend.

This isn't sarcasm at all! What group were you with?

Chairhome

This isn't sarcasm at all! What group were you with?

It was a small group in Florida called Under A Groove, but two of our directors had strong ties with Culture Shock DC so we met a bunch of times. I recently saw Lyle and his gf here with Movement Lifestyle when they were teaching workshops, we took them and the instructors out the night before the workshops and I felt like a groupie, haha.

Moobabe

It was a small group in Florida called Under A Groove, but two of our directors had strong ties with Culture Shock DC so we met a bunch of times. I recently saw Lyle and his gf here with Movement Lifestyle when they were teaching workshops, we took them and the instructors out the night before the workshops and I felt like a groupie, haha.

I knew there were other dancers on GAF!! I would kill to go to some mL classes - and I'd be the biggest groupie around those guys ever!

Edit

So which is you?

Chairhome

I knew there were other dancers on GAF!! I would kill to go to some mL classes - and I'd be the biggest groupie around those guys ever!

Edit

So which is you?

Oh man. you found that video? Such a weird performance, we even called the theme of it "WTF?"haha. I'm in the close up here. I'm not very good though, haha. I'm a bit better after 7 years though, I think. Fun fact though, I choreographed the "Date with the Rain" Piece in this performance. Geez, watching this is embarrassing.

Anyways, yeah, if you get a chance to go to some mL classes, do it. They are awesome. The funny thing with Lyle is that when I met him, he hated teaching. He would get other people to teach his choreography for him. And look at him now!

IceCold

Justin is a lucky dude. This album is getting promoted like crazy. Must be nice having powerful friends in the industry.

Trigger

RCA is definitely putting their full weight into promoting it.

Also: I heard Dress On and Body Count for the first time. Great songs. I'd trade them for Let the Groove Get In and That Girl.

Top Bottom