• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience |OT|

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
He did? Shiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

My body is not ready for Part Dos, JT.
r4CiE.png

Yea right at the end of his iheart radio release party/performance he said he wanted to clear up rumors going around and said "it's true, 20/20 part two is coming" said we all had to wait for the release date.

Something tells me we will get the official date soon. I'm sure it's Nov though.

Trigger

What if 20/20 part 2 is all club bangers!?! Best of both worlds sort of deal perhaps...

Eh, I'm down if they're of the same quality as Tunnel Vision/Don't Hold the Wall. I don't want him to go too far into the club scene musically.

Yea right at the end of his iheart radio release party/performance he said he wanted to clear up rumors going around and said "it's true, 20/20 part two is coming" said we all had to wait for the release date.

Something tells me we will get the official date soon. I'm sure it's Nov though.

Awesome! :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
He also said "Blue Ocean Floor" took him out of his comfort zone the most on the album and he was listening to a lot of Thom Yorke/Radiohead's OK Computer with that song.

I f-ing love the song.

In track to be my album of the year. Part two eh? Makes sense. He's going for total domination. I'm down for the ride. This is what a real musician looks like folks.

Servbot24

Banned
Which song do you guys think is the weakest on the album? For me its Mirrors but my friend thinks Im crazy.

Very tough to say. I'm going to go with

1. Don't Hold the Wall
2. Pusher Love Girl
3. Blue Ocean Floo
4. Suit & Tie
5. Strawberry Bubblegum
6. Mirrors
7. Tunnel Vision
8. Spaceship Coupe
9. That Girl
10. Let the Groove Get In

But it's all so good.

In track to be my album of the year. Part two eh? Makes sense. He's going for total domination. I'm down for the ride. This is what a real musician looks like folks.

It's my current AOTY, but Knife and Actress stand good chances of topping it, plus my lists are always dominated by new-to-me artists.

Which song do you guys think is the weakest on the album? For me its Mirrors but my friend thinks Im crazy.

Mirrors is the most redundant for sure.
I think a lot of people jumped on it as their favourite simply because it was familiar, there are much better tracks on the album.

Oh, he's not that bad. He doesn't really change it for better or worse.

Exactly. Some of the hate for the verse is ridiculous, there are some decent lines in it.
It just fails to elevate the song in any way and just remains... there.

It's really hard to cali out one particular song as the weakest. I can point out weak parts in songs but the songs are so diverse and long that there are usually parts I like in every song as well as some bad parts. I think Mirrors is the strongest track and is one of his best personally.

1. Mirrors
2. Tunnel Vision
3. Blue Ocean Floor
4. That Girl
5. Don't Hold The Wall
6. Spaceship Coupe
7. Suit & Tie
8. Pusher love girl
9. Get in the Groove
10. Strawberry bubblegum

Oh, he's not that bad. He doesn't really change it for better or worse.
I think in context of the whole album is does feel really out of place to me.

I really like the consistent tone and quality of 20/20. While it lacks something like My Love or SexyBack, everything is on the same wave length. Kinda sucks that there isn't a song like Cry Me a River or What Goes Around with the emotion of heartbreak.

If the 20/20 Experience Part 2 is what I think it is (album with My Love / SexyBack type fire) then it's going to blow minds.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I really like the consistent tone and quality of 20/20. While it lacks something like My Love or SexyBack, everything is on the same wave length. Kinda sucks that there isn't a song like Cry Me a River or What Goes Around with the emotion of heartbreak.

If the 20/20 Experience Part 2 is what I think it is (album with My Love / SexyBack type fire) then it's going to blow minds.

I feel that Mirrors is that song. I think it's awesome.

I'm of mixed feelings. On one hand artistically I love 20/20 experience and I think the mellow tone to the album is where he really is in life right now. A lot of the album, I think represents where he is right now in life with more maturity and seems content where he is in life and is happily married. Suit & Tie, Tunnel Vision, That Girl, Mirrors and Blue Ocean Floor seem indicitave of that theme.

On the other hand, the tempo never really changes and it seems to stay right around the same moods and theme. It feels like its missing a track that spices things up.

Although I think Mirrors is his next cry me a river in terms of big single.

Yup. Next up is Blue Ocean Floor, but only because of the contrast with the rest of the album. The song itself is great.
Blue ocean floor fits perfectly in with don't hold the wall, tunnel vision, and mirrors in terms of production and its tempo is similar to all other songs. Don't hold the wall and get into the groove seem the most out of place songs on the album.

Pavaloo

I think if Dance Central had JT DLC and I got to learn the moves to Strawberry Bubblegum, I would totally plug my Kinect back in.

remnant

Banned
I wonder if pt 2 will be as laser focused on the happily married love theme as pt1 was. Its rare to see an album approach a subject like that so much, but 20 songs about it?

Chairhome

I still don't like Spaceship Coupe that much. Its okay, but the lyrics are kinda dumb. I think its the weakest track, even though its catchy.

Still have Strawberry Bubblegum and Tunnel Vision at the top, though, I've been listening to those over and over all last week, and now that I have the CD, I'll continue to do so. haha.

My listing:
1. Tunnel Vision
2. Strawberry Bubblegum
3. Mirrors
4. Pusher Love Girl
5. That Girl
6. Suit & Tie
7. Don't Hold the Wall (the only part I really love is the chorus)
8. Let the Groove Get In (too repetitive, but a good dance track)
9. Spaceship Coupe
10. Blue Ocean Floor

Top Bottom