• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience |OT|

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This album is fantastic. It's growing on me as well, even Suit & Tie, which I wasn't into initially.

tj hazuki

The 20/20 Experience

#1 United States
#1 United Kingdom
#1 Argentina
#1 Armenia
#1 Australia
#1 Austria
#1 Azerbaijan
#1 Barbados
#1 Belarus
#1 Belize
#1 Bermuda
#1 Brazil
#1 Brunei Darussalam
#1 Bulgaria
#1 Canada
#1 Chile
#1 Cyprus
#1 Czech Republic
#1 Denmark
#1 Dominican Republic
#1 Ecuador
#1 El Salvador
#1 Estonia
#1 France
#1 Germany
#1 Greece
#1 Guatemala
#1 Honduras
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Hungary
#1 India
#1 Indonesia
#1 Ireland
#1 Kazakhstan
#1 Kenya
#1 Lebanon
#1 Luxembourg
#1 Macau
#1 Malaysia
#1 Mexico
#1 Mozambique
#1 Netherlands
#1 Nicaragua
#1 Norway
#1 Paraguay
#1 Peru
#1 Philippines
#1 Poland
#1 Qatar
#1 Romania
#1 Russia
#1 Singapore
#1 Slovakia
#1 South Africa
#1 Spain
#1 Sweden
#1 Switzerland
#1 Taiwan
#1 Thailand
#1 The Bahamas
#1 Turkey
#1 Ukraine
#1 United Arab Emirates
#1 Venezuela
#1 Vietnam

#1 on iTunes 65 countries. What a comeback. Hey, I thought he was going to flop?

tj hazuki

We deeeeed it

Here's all of the songs on US iTunes overall
4. Suit & Tie - Justin Timberlake
11. Mirrors - Justin Timberlake
22. Suit & Tie - Justin Timberlake
34. Pusher Love Girl - Justin Timberlake
89. That Girl - Justin Timberlake
98. Don't Hold The Wall - Justin Timberlake
103. Strawberry Bubblegum - Justin Timberlake
104. Tunnel Vision - Justin Timberlake
105. Let The Groove Get In - Justin Timberlake
117. Blue Ocean Floor - Justin Timberlake
126. Spaceship Coupe - Justin Timberlak

y2dvd

Picked it up this morning around 8:15. Most of it was sold with maybe 10 copies left. Impressive. Loving this album. So smooth!

JeTmAn81

Are Justin's songs usually 7-8 minutes long? Seems like every track on the album is around that length. Most of them don't feel overlong, but the consistently way-longer-than-radio-length thing is interesting. Anyway, I liked the album. Not a huge fan, but it was some good R&B. Made me want to listen to Michael Jackson, since so much of it is reminiscent of his songs.

Trigger

Are Justin's songs usually 7-8 minutes long? Seems like every track on the album is around that length. Most of them don't feel overlong, but the consistently way-longer-than-radio-length thing is interesting. Anyway, I liked the album. Not a huge fan, but it was some good R&B. Made me want to listen to Michael Jackson, since so much of it is reminiscent of his songs.

No.

Trigger

Most tracks on FS/LS and Justified aren't that long. He's done it before, but I wouldn't call it the norm for JT.

Not that I'm complaining of course. ;)

Wickerman

Is it me or did Amazon raise the price of new music?

The CD version of 20/20 costs less than the MP3 album. It used to be the other way around.

Crazyorloco

I played the songs on my ride to work this morning. The bonus tracks are nice too. I especially like Dress On. Body count sounds too much like a sped up Like I love you, but it's still good.

My Favorites:

Mirrors - I think the chorus is way too long (longer than the verses), but overall it's enjoyable. Best song of the album for me. I Love the latter half of the song. I don't feel like it's up to Cry Me A River, or My Love quality, but it's great.
Tunnel Vision - "I know you likeeeee. I know you like it. it." One of the best songs on the album.
Don't Hold The Wall - great song. It feels so smooth.
Dress On - Good song. Great sound and melody. I like when the beat drops 20 seconds in...I feel bad ass listening to this.
Strawberry Bubblegum - Interesting lyrics. ;-) The second half is great...It reminds me of another song though. I think a Kanye song.
Blue Ocean Floor - Nice slow tempo song. I like the beat/melody. I wish the lyrics were stronger and catchy.
Suit & Tie - I like it still. The Jay-Z verse doesn't bother me.
Let the Groove Get In- Good, but repetitive. Justin Timberlake channelled Gloria Estefan here.
Body Count I like this, although it reminds me too much of Like I love you from his first album.

I don't really like the other songs on the album as much. Maybe after more listens...

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Are the Target bonus tracks worth it or should I just amazon prime buy the CD? Don't feel like wasting gas/time/sales tax going to target.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's only $7 on amazon right now. Solves the dilemma for me.

Chairhome

Are the Target bonus tracks worth it or should I just amazon prime buy the CD? Don't feel like wasting gas/time/sales tax going to target.

Don't forget that you should have the album free in your Amazon MP3 library after purchasing the CD. I don't know how long you have to wait though.

I love Dress On, but I don't like Body Count. (bonus tracks)

And I can't really get behind the Spaceship Coupe love. Sounds a bit like "Til the End of Time" groove, but the lyrics just kill it for me. Too cheesy. Still decent to listen to. Great album.

I bonus tracks aren't good compared to any of the tracks that made it on the album, nor do they really fit the sound of the album

CloudWolf

I have to thank PopGAF for hating on this album. Because of their dislike I decided to give Timberlake a chance and found that I like the new album more than anything he put out before this.

nib95

Banned
Good album. Doesn't blow e away, but it grows on you, and seems fresh compared to what most people churn out on the market today. Success is well deserved.

Trigger

I have to thank PopGAF for hating on this album. Because of their dislike I decided to give Timberlake a chance and found that I like the new album more than anything he put out before this.

Our impact.
1Oymt.gif

Preloaded the itunes version last night so I ended up listening to this on the way to work.

Love it.

May need to head to target during my lunch hour to see if they have the cd in stock...

Pavaloo

Wow you guys were totally right about Spaceship Coupe being a good headphone jam. Can definitely hear the bass much better, liking this song way more now.

pre-ordering itunes albums is cool like that, did same thing

Yep. I was like waiting for the stupid email and then once it popped up, I just preloaded since I wanted to savor it for the commute to work.

Worth it.

...Now waiting to go on lunch so I can head out to target here in Downtown San Francisco. Hopefully they still have copies left.

Zoom, zoom, zoom
Zoom, zoom, zoom
In on you, in, in on you!
I only see you!
Zoom, zoom, zoom
Zoom, zoom, zoom
In on you, in, in on you!
I only see you!

Ruze789

Damn, worked from home today due to 10-14" of snow, hoping Target will still have the exclusive disc tomorrow.

But I did dig out Justified a couple nights ago, which I hadn't listened to in several years, and have been listening to that and FSLS while shoveling today. I guess I'll make it one more day without owning 20/20...

Is the Target deluxe version censored? I didnt see the Parental Advisory sticker, so I got scurred (havent bought an actual CD in a long while). Thought i'd check it out online, but then i don't even see any sort of explicit warning anywhere...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is the Target deluxe version censored? I didnt see the Parental Advisory sticker, so I got scurred (havent bought an actual CD in a long while). Thought i'd check it out online, but then i don't even see any sort of explicit warning anywhere...
There are no explicit tracks on the album. I had the same worry. No versions of the album have an explicit label and none of the tracks on itunes are labeled as explicit.

Chairhome

There are no explicit tracks on the album. I had the same worry. No versions of the album have an explicit label and none of the tracks on itunes are labeled as explicit.

Nope, uncensored. he be on his suit and tie SHIT.

Sleepy

This album is insanely good. Anyone digging the extended outros more than the actual songs, though? Not a knock, by the way, as the actual tracks are great.

Just came back from my trek to City Target in San Francisco. They were probably at about less than 15 copies when I got there, most of the stacks were down to 1-2, so guess lots of people have been grabbing copies as well.

Top Bottom