• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience |OT|

Servbot24

Banned
Many members on PopGAF enjoyed Warrior, but to criticize someone saying Unapologetic was more memorable than The 20/20 Experience by saying Rihanna sounds like a corpse, and then writing THAT about a KESHA album?

Take a seat.

K$ is interesting. It's ugly and it's active. It grips.

Rihanna just sits there like a turd. You can practically see her reading off the lyric page when she sings, glancing at her producer for cues.

DominoKid

Rihanna just sits there like a turd. You can practically see her reading off the lyric page when she sings, glancing at her producer for cues.

interesting my ass. the music fucking sucks. pop stans seem to love a good trainwreck though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ke$ha is the human cookie cutter of music. She even looks like a gingerbread man dough cutter. ke$hainbikini.jpg

I don't really listen to pop or R&B much but I think this album is really damn good. His performances on SNL last Saturday were what got me interested in this album. They were amazing. I did enjoy the singles off of Futuresex/Lovesounds.

There is a song on this album about wanting to take a girl for a romantic trip in a spaceship. That is brilliant.

That Girl is awesome.

royalan

Are people ready to admit that this album is head and shoulders better than channel ORANGE?

Haha! I don't even like Channel ORANGE and I would never say that. Frank is overrated, but at least his album is uniquely him and fresh.

Justin in comparison is soulless and completely uninspired. I think my problem with JT is that his idea of creating a throwback soul-inspired album is to copy/paste from artists who came before. I shouldn't be able to trace so many of his vocal moments (from runs to phrasing to melisma, etc) to Robin Thicke moments or D'Angelo moments or Al Green or Marvin Gaye, but I can - and often note for note. So much of Justin's vocal performance here feels borrowed. I feel 20/20 lags behind Justin's other albums when it comes to giving us a unique take on R&B/Pop. The only unique stamp comes from Tim's production. Justin feels phoned-in.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Overall it's solid. Will re-listen.

Pusher Love Girl - 6/10 with a 8/10 outro

Suit and Tie - 6/10 - Funky but forgettable. Even Jay-Z is not saving this one.

Don't Hold the Wall - 8.5/10 - Love it. Outro takes it to the next level.

Strawberry Bubblegum - 9/10 - This is my jam.

Tunnel Vision - 8.5/10 - Timbaland showing off.

Spaceship Coupe - 7.5/10

That Girl - 6/10 - Just boring.

Let the Groove Get In - 4/10 - Not feeling this latin stuff at all. Waste of a track. Outro maybe adds another point.

Mirrors - 9/10 - A banger, but we already knew this one.

Blue Ocean Floor - 5/10

DMeisterJ

Banned
I like how if you don't like his album it's "hahaha POPGAF sucks" versus reading what was actually critiqued. Shame that the album is only worth of being discussed if you're fawning over how amazing it is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haha! I don't even like Channel ORANGE and I would never say that. Frank is overrated, but at least his album is uniquely him and fresh.

Justin in comparison is soulless and completely uninspired. I think my problem with JT is that his idea of creating a throwback soul-inspired album is to copy/paste from artists who came before. I shouldn't be able to trace so many of his vocal moments (from runs to phrasing to melisma, etc) to Robin Thicke moments or D'Angelo moments or Al Green or Marvin Gaye, but I can - and often note for note. So much of Justin's vocal performance here feels borrowed. I feel 20/20 lags behind Justin's other albums when it comes to giving us a unique take on R&B/Pop. The only unique stamp comes from Tim's production. Justin feels phoned-in.
The hyperbole in this post, my god.

SMAKIN THAT STRAWBERRY BUBBLEGUM

so good. shit is just on replay.
yessssssss. This song has hook of the year IMO.

cause she's just like NOTHIN

Nothing in this post is correct, astonishing.

I like how if you don't like his album it's "hahaha POPGAF sucks" versus reading what was actually critiqued. Shame that the album is only worth of being discussed if you're fawning over how amazing it is.

Funny how perspectives work. 'Cause (especially after the other threads concerning his return) it seems like the other way around. But whatever, you like it or don't... move on. No need to keep attempting to validate your opinion and shit. Say your piece (share your thoughts, etc) and let it be.

Servbot24

Banned
I really do hate posting about K$ in JT's thread but plz ppl

Just because you heard Tik Tok and didn't like it doesn't mean you know everything about K$.

I've listened to over 100 songs by her. It runs deep. It's varied.

Ok.

Anyways listened to 20/20 5 times now and completely loving it. Gonna give it a little break so I don't ruin it but for now giving it 8.5/10. :)

Alternate covers

iNe7uaAEFJqbk.jpg

izxvnCN1vlh1H.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
SMAKIN THAT STRAWBERRY BUBBLEGUM

so good. shit is just on replay.

Yes Sir

That shit has been on loop since last night

Almost a Summer Jam

Timbo put an amazing beat

When JT just says "mellow, mellow, mellow, mellow... day" I turn to jelly, like Oh Shit!

remnant

Banned
let Janelle release a good album first. Archandroid was a good practice run.

Are you crazy?

i don't get the suit and tie hate. it's a great little combination of marvin gaye esque soul and pop.

Doesn't help that she releases albums like EA releases versions of madden

Tunnel Vision is hot fire. That should have been the first single. The last song is also really weird and good at the same time. It sounds like an acoustic rock song sung by JT.

Top Bottom