• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

And now I'm done with it... K-ON! manga time it is then!
Kc1H4.png

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
If you want more anime that looks like K-on there's Sora no Woto.

image.php

Need new anime to watch (though I'm still watching Yuru Yuri)

K-On GAF, list suggestions, GO!

Let's see, recent (or not) ones that i enjoyed that come to mind.

- Toradora
- Kannagi
- Saki ( both seasons )
- Acchi Kocchi
- Shinryaku! Ika Musume ( both seasons )
- Hanasaku Iroha
- Another
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
- Mitsudomoe ( both seasons )
- Ano Natsu de Matteru
- Hourou Musuko
- Aoi Hana

image.php

Let's see, recent (or not) ones that i enjoyed that come to mind.

- Toradora
- Kannagi
- Saki ( both seasons )
- Acchi Kocchi
- Shinryaku! Ika Musume ( both seasons )
- Hanasaku Iroha
- Another
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
- Mitsudomoe ( both seasons )
- Ano Natsu de Matteru
- Hourou Musuko
- Aoi Hana

Bolded one sounds familiar, gonna watch it o.o

So how do you like the manga Chet ?
37RjF.png

Over the weekend I read through the first 2 volumes, which basically span what is the first season.
The first volume, which is everything before Azusa shows up, is pretty much exactly how the anime adapts it. The castanets, Ritsu's boob envy, the Christmas party at the Hirasawas', it's all there. Though, in a more fan service way.
The second volume is where it diverges a lot. Azusa is a lot different, at least the way they introduce her. She's all excited about the light music club before she even sees them perform at the freshman reception. She still gets all frustrated with how lazy the club is, but she never has that part where she wanders the city night questioning why she joined the club or not. They actually do more chapters about taking and studying for tests, and since they are in school, I guess that makes sense. The whole Ritsu and Mio fight never happens in the manga, with the anime taking parts from the manga that seem to have nothing to do with each other and beautifully crafting one of the better episodes in the first season. The part where after Yui gets better after her cold and she forgets her guitar at home, in the manga it's used as a gag where Ui brings her Gitah and telling her she forgot it, instead of the weird running back home and self reflection Yui does then. Episode 13 never happens, and the live house OVA doesn't happen either except for the New Years party.
And maybe it's just me, but did all the girls boobs get bigger in the second volume? Not that I'm complaining.
So basically most of the drama, save for Yui getting sick is pretty much just made for the anime.
I also noticed a lot of the small little animations and images of the girls in the OP are taken from the manga in parts that never made it into the show, for example Ritsu presenting a cake box is a running joke with her trying to bribe Nodoka or Mio into doing something.
Besides that though, the manga is just like the K-ON! I fell in love with. I need to get that last volume.

Also this past weekend I got some K-ON! sketches worked on, but I'll have to show those at another time.

Thanks!

So the first season is a straight adaptation of the manga. Nice to see the small differences to the second season though.

Well, I was only talking about the first two volumes which are covered in the first season of K-ON! The third volume, which I haven't started yet, is where K-ON!! starts. Taking a quick peek though, it seems to be quite a bit different, at least in how the chapters are ordered.

Oh and Ritsu looked quite different in the first few chapters.
PKine.png

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Well, I was only talking about the first two volumes which are covered in the first season of K-ON! The third volume, which I haven't started yet, is where K-ON!! starts. Taking a quick peek though, it seems to be quite a bit different, at least in how the chapters are ordered.

Oh and Ritsu looked quite different in the first few chapters.
PKine.png

Ah, so the first anime season covers the first two volumes basically ? I see.

Also, that's not Ritsu.

Esura

Banned
I think you should, as someone who has one already. I think some of them cost a pretty penny though, just as a warning.

Ever since that day you bragged about your Mio Nendoroid I've been on a hunt for the coolest Nendoroid yet. Price isn't an issue (unless its like 100 bucks then I just go buy a statue instead lol) but just finding that right character I want to have on my desk....tis hard.

Besides a ton of unofficial ones, they do have these. Of course, they're quite a bit less risque than your average body pillow..

Thats....eh.

$300 bucks for a pillow cover! that's practically a steal!
Ever since that day you bragged about your Mio Nendoroid I've been on a hunt for the coolest Nendoroid yet. Price isn't an issue (unless its like 100 bucks then I just go buy a statue instead lol) but just finding that right character I want to have on my desk....tis hard.

The Yui nendoroid isn't to expensive from what I can see. And she looks pretty cool too.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
$300 bucks for a pillow cover! that's practically a steal!

And it's not even that great!

Thats....eh.

The Yui nendoroid isn't to expensive from what I can see. And she looks pretty cool too.

I need to buy more things too, Ritsu related things. I also need more money.

Kazzy

What makes Nendoroids so appealing?Though, I must admit, the Sonic one from a while back did look pretty cool.

I shall soon find out anyway, I ordered the Teddie one!

I'm, not actually really sure. lol
I just like the fact that they look cute and they're small enough to fit easily on a desk. Their posability is great too, and they're one of the few possable figures that actually look good.
Though I suppose on the downside to all this is that you need to find a place to put all the extra pieces.

Top Bottom