• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kazzy

I'm, not actually really sure. lol
I just like the fact that they look cute and they're small enough to fit easily on a desk. Their posability is great too, and they're one of the few possable figures that actually look good.
Though I suppose on the downside to all this is that you need to find a place to put all the extra pieces.

You just put them with all the others

ziqi-2009may7-nendoroid-galore-31.jpg

Not a fan of those big clear plastic stands. Thankfully the K-ON nendoroids don't come with those.
lPoe1.gif

Though I suppose that's another downside to them, they can't stand on their own. For obvious reasons. They need a little stand or something to prop themselves onto. Though the one that came with my Mio figure is just small and inconspicuous enough for me to not be to bothered by it.

And I'm already finished with the 3rd volume.
hsTDD.png

The third volume goes up to the part Azusa Jun and Ui go to the pool. While a lot of what's there gets covered in the anime, the anime fills in a lot of their own stuff, but I guess being that it stretches out what is basically the same amount of content as the last season had only in twice as many episodes. There's also quite a few things that get moved around chronologically from the manga going into the anime. Mio's maid cafe training, Megumi Sokabe is a stalker, Azusa's Valentines Day chocolate, and Club room spring cleaning chapters all happen before their third year starts, which is when the second season of the anime actually starts.
Another thing about the Megumi chapter, In the anime they make it a flash back to a point in the girl's first year, so that would make her two years older than them, but in the manga it makes her only one year older. Funny enough, Azusa makes no appearance in that chapter anyways, so it makes no difference when it happens.
On the note about Azusa, she is much less important here than she was in K-ON!! She seems to have the same role she did before. The whole episode where they follow Azusa while the other girls are on a trip to Kyoto isn't in the manga at all. And save for the trip to the pool part, the episode where Azusa has really weird dreams is an original anime episode too. The manga seems more interested in Azusa X Mio than Azusa X Yui
Ton-chan is not in the manga at all.
The episodes about Azusa and Yui performing a duet in a contest and Sawako's reunion with her old bandmates seem to be missing, or at least they aren't in this volume.
Besides all that, it's still the cute K-ON! that I've grown to love. Now I just need to find that last volume...

Madao

i guess that the question that will eventually be asked is,
is there enough material for another season with the other manga series that came after the graduation?

i guess that the question that will eventually be asked is,
is there enough material for another season with the other manga series that came after the graduation?

Well there are 2 volumes of the relaunch, and considering that's about how much they had to work with for each season, they definitely could do it. The real question is if they ever would.

patapuf

Well there are 2 volumes of the relaunch, and considering that's about how much they had to work with for each season, they definitely could do it. The real question is if they ever would.

If they ever do a third series i'd prefer for them to write the script themselves.

wonzo

Banned
Share Your "K-On!" Appreciation With Your Favorite Pooch
TBS sells Ho-kago Tea Time dog cosplay t-shirt

"Do you have a dog who loves light music? Is your pooch a Ho-kago Tea Time fanatic? Well, TBS is now selling the perfect item to share with the otaku pet in your life. The dog K-On! cosplay shirt comes in five sizes from 20cm neck x 30cm height x 20cm waist to 34cm x 52cm x 35 cm. Pre-orders are being taken for ¥2,980 ($37.87) ahead of an early to mid November shipping schedule."​

k-ondogs.jpg
k-ondogs2.jpg

That's quite a lot of money for someone who would probably just chew it up anyways...
If they ever do a third series i'd prefer for them to write the script themselves.

The movie turned out fantastic, so I wouldn't mind more of that. They could always make more movies.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Share Your "K-On!" Appreciation With Your Favorite Pooch
TBS sells Ho-kago Tea Time dog cosplay t-shirt

"Do you have a dog who loves light music? Is your pooch a Ho-kago Tea Time fanatic? Well, TBS is now selling the perfect item to share with the otaku pet in your life. The dog K-On! cosplay shirt comes in five sizes from 20cm neck x 30cm height x 20cm waist to 34cm x 52cm x 35 cm. Pre-orders are being taken for ¥2,980 ($37.87) ahead of an early to mid November shipping schedule."​

What about cats ? Cool people have cats, not dogs.

That's quite a lot of money for someone who would probably just chew it up anyways...

The movie turned out fantastic, so I wouldn't mind more of that. They could always make more movies.

I would take anything K-On. I trust them to make more quality original K-On material.

Cats suck.
I would take anything K-On. I trust them to make more quality original K-On material.

Yes, the more K-ON! the better. And really, I wouldn't mind seeing the colledge years/Azusa's last year be animated, regardless of whether or not they follow the manga or not.

Madao

speaking of weird crossovers, i had this weird dream the other day with the K-on girls replacing the characters in the final part of the Aizen fight in Bleach.

it was like this:

Yui = Rangiku
Gin = Gitah
Ritsu = Aizen
Mio = Ichigo
Azusa, Jun and Ui = Ichigo's friends
Mugi = Urahara

and the final battle progressed about the same as how it did in Bleach, but with club rants instead of the usual Bleach stuff. i couldn't help but just laugh a lot when i woke up.
the K-on cast lends itself easily for crossovers :p

I guess they kinda do. I guess maybe it has to do with the fact that K-ON! is pretty much all about the characters and a lot less about the setting, so you could place the characters into basically any story and it would still feel like K-ON! in a way. Or I could be making all this up, I have no idea...
Q7WHm.gif

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I guess they kinda do. I guess maybe it has to do with the fact that K-ON! is pretty much all about the characters and a lot less about the setting, so you could place the characters into basically any story and it would still feel like K-ON! in a way. Or I could be making all this up, I have no idea...
Q7WHm.gif

No you are right. That's why K-On! is so good and why i like it so much. It's all about the characters.

You don't watch it for the story, or fan service or whatever, you watch it because the characters are cute and funny, and you like watch them do cute and funny things.

Esura

Banned
speaking of weird crossovers, i had this weird dream the other day with the K-on girls replacing the characters in the final part of the Aizen fight in Bleach.

it was like this:

Yui = Rangiku
Gin = Gitah
Ritsu = Aizen
Mio = Ichigo
Azusa, Jun and Ui = Ichigo's friends
Mugi = Urahara

and the final battle progressed about the same as how it did in Bleach, but with club rants instead of the usual Bleach stuff. i couldn't help but just laugh a lot when i woke up.
the K-on cast lends itself easily for crossovers :p

Don't you got these...backwards? lol

I got S2 on bluray, so I've been watching that. I totally forgot that they go to the gathering. Okay, it wasn't the gathering, but in a different episode they totally dress up as juggalos.

Chet Wars: Transformers

All the Transformers had huge boobs!
It was more like The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest virtual world bits.
I got S2 on bluray, so I've been watching that. I totally forgot that they go to the gathering. Okay, it wasn't the gathering, but in a different episode they totally dress up as juggalos.
You're talking about the episode where Mio wears a shirt that gives instructions on how to properly rub her boobs, right?
VYtual.jpg

eGyEr.gif

i'm rewatching K-On S1 and that scene made me laugh like twice as much as the first time.

Farewell Lieutenat Ricchan!
Yeah, I love that scene.
Then there's the episode where Azusa keeps falling asleep and having really weird dreams. Love that one too.
yui has awesome expressions in the movie.
She always gets the crazier faces, but that's of course because it fits with her personality. Ritsu gets her fair share too.
Well, they all get cutesy faces, but that's besides the point.

thanks to this thread I started watching S2 which I never had the chance to go through.

holy god, though, I am really not feeling the intro tune. Yui's voice on that track is just too much.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
thanks to this thread I started watching S2 which I never had the chance to go through.

holy god, though, I am really not feeling the intro tune. Yui's voice on that track is just too much.

The second opening of the second season is the best though!

Ritsu's crazy faces you say ?

7DKcx.gif

Yeah, the song is the weakest song on the whole show. The ED makes up for it though.
Then halfway through the season they change to a much better OP and ED. They're incredible.

oh alright cool I will watch out for them. Yeah not trying to be a hater, it's just so... squeaky sounding and all over the place haha.

in other news, just finished E3. AM CRY. Makes me want to put together my drum set again.

Top Bottom