• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kazzy

I had it, but not anymore. Was on 360 too anyway.

On the subject of games, do people here actually play games ?! Or are there people in the "Neogaf, we talk about games but don't play them" group already.

No, I actually enjoy playing games! I find the whole "pile of shame" trend to be quite odd. I use the term occasionally, but only jokingly, whereas it seems to be a badge of honour for a lot of Gaf.

And I agree with Kandrick, Chet. If you're going to play one Persona game, make it 4.

Esura

Banned
No, you play P3FES and 4.

Both are good. 4 is considerably improved over 3 FES gameplay wise (fact) and character/story wise (imo) though.

If you only got the time for one though, go 4 but do try to play FES afterwards.

Hm, I'm onto you...

Iya3r.gif

A new volume cover appears:

ipkUq.jpg

The final high school volume cover should show up in about a month.

Nothing really fancy about them, but it's a nice cover as it are. I can only assume the cover with the Wakaba Girls is going to be pretty similar to this one.
What I'm really interested in seeing is what Kakifly does now after K-ON! Will he pen basically the same thing, like different cute girls doing cute things in a different club. Or will he do something completely different, like a historical drama or battle shonen. My guess would be the former, but it would be interesting to see.
This is of course assuming he does anything after this.

Kind of off topic, so I apologise in advance.
Do any of you guys know where the best place to get light novels and manga would be in the UK? I live near Newcastle if that helps at all. I've been to the Forbidden Planet, but their selection is somewhat limited. Are there any decent websites that have a sizable range, or would I be best off sticking to amazon?

I'd like to help, but I'm no Englishman. There are a few people here that are though, if they are willing.
Are light novels like light music?

They're basically novellas with stories that span multiple volumes, often times with illustrations. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Oreimo was originally a LN

They're basically novellas with stories that span multiple volumes, often times with illustrations. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is what I understand them to be. To be honest, I've only recently started buying manga and the like, was mainly into anime but I thought I should check that side of it out seeing as though almost everything I've watched has been adapted from LNs or Manga.

Kazzy

Do any of you guys know where the best place to get light novels and manga would be in the UK? I live near Newcastle if that helps at all. I've been to the Forbidden Planet, but their selection is somewhat limited. Are there any decent websites that have a sizable range, or would I be best off sticking to amazon?

Amazon are your best bet, as good prices as anywhere else, and you can actually trust them. Forbidden Planet specialize in niche products, and their pricing reflects that.

Oreimo was originally a LN

Pretty much, minus those few minor differences, they are essentially the same in structure. Obviously, it also has a bearing on the actual content too.

LayLa

i buy all mine on amazon or ebay, haven't found anywhere else that comes close to those.
only downside to amazon.co.uk is they also list all the stuff that has German/French translations for which there is no English translation - so frustrating! dammit i want Amanchu books :/

Amazon are your best bet, as good prices as anywhere else, and you can actually trust them. Forbidden Planet specialize in niche products, and their pricing reflects that.

Thanks :) I bought around 8 volumes earlier on, and it came to somewhere in the region of £75. Looking at the prices on amazon, I could save an absolute fortune and get way more variety :D

Heh, I read waaay too much. Unfortunately, I'm moving away from home to go to college soon, so I figured I'll probably only have time for shorter novels. If they're anything like the anime adaptions, the creativity blasts alot of western authors out of the water.

Ok, this has been bugging me for some reason for a while now.
What is Uppix, and why do your images always link to it?

edit:Ok, the way I worded that makes me sound like I'm angry... I'm just curious.

Articalys

Ok, this has been bugging me for some reason for a while now.
What is Uppix, and why do your images always link to it?

edit:Ok, the way I worded that makes me sound like I'm angry... I'm just curious.
It's just another image rehosting service like Imgur, Abload, etc.
As for why the images link, that's because the main BBCode that Uppix provides is set up that way, like so:

http://uppix.net/5/f/e/5e6fa1419e50dd5a0d92f47450554.gif[/img.][/url.]

(though without the dots at the end)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I have been using it since it went up and never had problems with it regarding bandwidth, etc... and kept using it. As for why it link to it, by default it has a url code, and i'm too lazy to copy paste just the image link and add/click the img tag on GAF.

Also uppix was made by a friend that lives in France, that i know from a french fps website/forum.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Ah, no wonder I've never heard of it.

Yeah, that make sense that you never heard of it! Also everyone uses imgur now it seems, until it starts being shit and people move to another one.

Also fun fact, while people talk about neogaf as being hard to get approved, the forum there is only for adults to avoid trolls and the like, and you have to provide a ID to register and they keep only your name and birth date, but the forum itself is still anonymous with the use of usernames. The two person that own the website are officialy declared as an association. They also declare the file to the CNIL ( basicallly french state commission for computer law and liberties).

So technically, if you get banned, the only way to get back in is to use someone's else ID, and obviously, that's highly illegal and would get the cops to knock on your door.

That's what I figured, but decided to ask instead of just keep assuming. It was mostly the fact that I've only seen Kandrick use it is what got me curious.

What is that fake K-On! ?

Hyouka is only half decent by the way

Yeah, that make sense that you never heard of it! Also everyone uses imgur now it seems, until it starts being shit and people move to another one.
Yeah, I use Imgur after tinypic decided to block everyone but America from it for a bit. That was of course before GAF banned that site officially.
I use pretty much Imgur for all images save for huge .gifs and .pngs, or it's down. Then I go to Abload.
So technically, if you get banned, the only way to get back in is to use someone's else ID, and obviously, that's highly illegal and would get the cops to knock on your door.
lol, nice.
Oooohhh nice

You're not Gravijah.

Kazzy

Also fun fact, while people talk about neogaf as being hard to get approved, the forum there is only for adults to avoid trolls and the like...

So it's an internet tree-house, gotcha.

And I like Hyouka, but that's after 2 episodes, hardly enough time to formulate a proper opinion. Its style alone buys it a lot of points with me, though.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
So it's an internet tree-house, gotcha.

And I like Hyouka, but that's after 2 episodes, hardly enough time to formulate a proper opinion. Its style alone buys it a lot of points with me, though.

What's a tree-house ?

Also, it needed to be adult only anyway, because legally, minors would need the parents permission to sign up.

Also Hyouka is "okay". I stopped watching around episode 6 or 8, something around there. I'll watch the rest someday probably.

Top Bottom