• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

patapuf

I don't know about Yuru Yuri, but Lucky Star has pretty much no sexual content. You're stretching, dude.

yuru yuri has a lot of jokes centering around sex and imo this is to the shows detriment. They are often drawn out, of poor quality and repeated a hundred times (not that the show is particularly graphic). The show has its funny moments and it would be much better if they cut a decent amount of the pervy stuff.

Kazzy

Isn't it rather self-evident? Yuri-yuri (the title gives it away) consists of lesbian elementary schoolers getting off with each other. Lucky Star decides to use the character style associated with elementary schoolers (although they're 17 so that makes it all ok and above board!). One of the girl's dads (naturally the most effed up one) spends all his time spying on little girls and even played hentai games around her when she was growing up. Lucky Star feels as if it was designed by committee, making sure to tick all the boxes for creepy schoolgirl perving.

Anyway I decided to watch minami-ke. Some good original animation seqences. I AM BOSS.

I'm not going to refute that the focus may be the lesbians for some, but it's hardly something to lambaste a show for, would you think of it differently if it was a straight representation? Not that I'm necessarily trying to saying you have a problem with that, but you did outline it at the offset. As for the content itself, correct me if I'm wrong, but you never actually see anything, its more or less all implied or simply a preservation of a particular character.

And you're using one stick to beat another, why should Lucky Star's (proposed) problems be used to tear down YuriYuri? Some of the examples that you're drawing from are not even present in the Anime, and I feel you're being overly reductive to fit your particular agenda.

I haven't seen YuruYuri, so I can't really say one way or the other about it. Nothing I've seen of it makes it look like it would be a show like To Love-Ru or anything of that sort.
K-On! boring
K-On!! good
K-On movie awesome

The movie is awesome, and I would encourage people who didn't even like the original show to watch it.

Esura

Banned
I got Crunchyroll on PS3 and I watch that YuruYuri. Feel like K-ON!, but with yuri overtones. I accept.

Kyoko is the truth. :D

Kazzy

Need to get that bluray! I strangely liked the movie of Haruhi Suzumiya a lot better than the shows aswel, strange. :p

That's a hardly surprising sentiment, the film is like a celebration of what made Haruhi so appealing in the first place, and it puts Yuki firmly in the spotlight. Although the movie is fantastic, its so intrinsically linked to what has come before it, that it doesn't really work as a standalone piece.

At almost 3 hours runtime, though, its maybe a little too long.

The K-ON! movie really does work well on it's own. Though knowing the characters more would only really help the movie, all you ever really need to know is done so well in the movie.
It's just a hyper condensed dose of K-ON!!
I got Crunchyroll on PS3 and I watch that YuruYuri. Feel like K-ON!, but with yuri overtones. I accept.

Kyoko is the truth. :D

Their uniforms are still dumb looking.

That's a hardly surprising sentiment, the film is like a celebration of what made Haruhi so appealing in the first place, and it puts Yuki firmly in the spotlight. Although the movie is fantastic, its so intrinsically linked to what has come before it, that it doesn't really work as a standalone piece.

At almost 3 hours runtime, though, its maybe a little too long.

Indeed, I watched the movie in 2 nights. :)

Oh hell no. Shit just got real.

In all seriousness this is probably due to popularity and since K-On is newer than Evangelion it is no surprise.

As for my personal opinion, the two realy shouldn't be combined as their specific genres differ drastically. If I had to make the choice I would choose Evangelion for its liquid/fluid like mecha style/combat and the general mindfuck it is known for.

Oh hell no. Shit just got real.

In all seriousness this is probably due to popularity and since K-On is newer than Evangelion it is no surprise.

It is a popularity contest, and there are the new Rebuild movies still slowly coming out.

I'm not a huge fan of Evangelion like shows, I prefer things like Gurren Lagann as far as mecha shows go.

I can see the quality, but I've never been to much of a fan of depressing shows.
And I hate Shinji.

I dislike him too but Rei and Asuka make up for it.

I've never watched any form of Evangelion, and have no idea on how to approach it. And then there is the fact that its impossible to watch it without preconceptions, so much hype.

Just watch it with an open mind but beware of the ending (the series got financially cut during the end, this is where the movies come in).

u4NrB.jpg

Evangelion by Kakifly

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
It works!

Which reminds me, I now own the first couple of K-ON books. Indoctrination complete.

Sucker.

I bought them too

Also, new Hyouka avatar ? Guess i need to continue watching it, i think i stopped at like episode 6 or 7. Also, still need to go back and finish Nichijou too....

Haven't watched much anime recently, and dropped a lot of them, at least for the time being. Been playing too much again during my free time! And the pile of anime is growing up so much that it would take so many days dedicated to it to watch it all.

Still like the anime art more so.

Yep.

Kazzy

Exactly.
It's only their fault they didn't release a better stream of it. I won't settle for less.

I only became aware of its existence earlier today, but it has no bearing on the actual overarching narrative.

Sucker.

I bought them too

Also, new Hyouka avatar ? Guess i need to continue watching it, i think i stopped at like episode 6 or 7.

It's good! I won't go overboard and gush about it, but its KyoAni, so you know the spiel...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I only became aware of its existence earlier today, but it has no bearing on the actual overarching narrative.

It's good! I won't go overboard and gush about it, but its KyoAni, so you know the spiel...

It looked okay, but just didn't have time to watch. To be fair, while the premise of the anime was interesting, i started to watch mostly because of KyoAni.

Also just noticed your PSN ID. Ah!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Ha! Yeah, making a new ID for the Vita came about at the right time. Feel free to add me!

Added you! Rocking that Prinny i see.

And if any other fine people from K-On! community wants to add me on 360/PS3-Vita/Steam, my id is exactly the same as my GAF username. Can't remember my 3DS friend code though!

Top Bottom