• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

WTF? I didn't look through it closely, but where the hell is Azumanga Daioh? That's one anime every otaku has to watch.

Hmm, it's not on there. Odd that Azumanga wouldn't be there considering that they have Pokemon on there.
The Pokemon anime is not a show I'd suggest to anyone who isn't a huge fan of the games, and even that would be pushing it.

Esura

Banned
YuruYuri is gdlk. Girls all up on each other in sexually suggestive manner. Oh, and its funny like K-ON! too and its a blast to watch when Im down in the dumpers. Lets not forget beginning every episode sans one with "AKARIN!!!" Puts a smile on my face every time.

Is it wrong that I say it at the exact same time they say it? Its my thing now. When they say it, I go "AKARIN!!" like I'm five years old or something.

I love this shit. It's K-ON!! 2.0.

YuruYuri is gdlk. Girls all up on each other in sexually suggestive manner. Oh, and its funny like K-ON! too and its a blast to watch when Im down in the dumpers. Lets not forget beginning every episode sans one with "AKARIN!!!" Puts a smile on my face every time.

Is it wrong that I say it at the exact same time they say it? Its my thing now. When they say it, I go "AKARIN!!" like I'm five years old or something.

You and I.... we can be friends

Does not compute.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Yeah, K-On! is really tame in that regard. Part of why it's that good.

But it's not like i don't appreciate some animes with sexually suggestive stuff in them, but i'm happy K-On! is the way it is.

Esura

Banned
You and I.... we can be friends

This is good...isn't it?

Kyoko is a bro.

Does not compute.

YuruYuri is what I thought K-ON! was gonna be like when I first watched it.

Yeah, K-On! is really tame in that regard. Part of why it's that good.

But it's not like i don't appreciate some animes with sexually suggestive stuff in them, but i'm happy K-On! is the way it is.

Its always a plus for me, never something I outright demand or anything in my slice of life. My love for the K-ON! wouldn't change whether it did or it didn't. It's starting to get that way for YuruYuri too. Love that stuff, but it still got other stuff going for it so if they didn't have all the sexually suggestive stuff in it I'd still enjoy it cause it's still funny.

Kyoko would be like the ultimate "bro" to hang around with.

Kazzy

A little off-topic but is anyone in here good with the photoshop (type) programs? I was just getting a little annoyed that I can't make my own avatars, and how my skills learnt in college seem to have deserted me. I was messing around with Pixlr and I can't seem to get my head around correctly cutting out the image. I make the additional layer and everything, but when it comes to using the magic wand to remove the background, too much of the image is being selected, and that's even after messing with the tolerance. It's probably because the image itself contains too much hard black lines, but I assume someone has a handy solution.

This was mainly born out of me trying to make an avatar for myself but I've always wanted to get a better technical mind for this sort of stuff. Any help is appreciated!

Right, time to make use of my final day-off...

Series->EoE

Rebuild is awful, avoid.

Ah, okay, the Rebuild stuff was just in my Amazon basket. I guess there is reason that the Blu-Rays are so affordable.

What's the best release of the series? I was just browsing and there seems to be a ton of different sets on offer.

Its always a plus for me, never something I outright demand or anything in my slice of life. My love for the K-ON! wouldn't change whether it did or it didn't. It's starting to get that way for YuruYuri too. Love that stuff, but it still got other stuff going for it so if they didn't have all the sexually suggestive stuff in it I'd still enjoy it cause it's still funny.

Kyoko would be like the ultimate "bro" to hang around with.

tumblr_m9n190IxfJ1qkqah0o1_500.gif

Interesting, I don't watch YuriYuri for the Yuri (I know!), although there is very little of that anyway. Which is just as well, I probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

OceanBlue

You can always use the magnetic lasso tool or the pen tool if you want more control in what you're cutting away. It takes a little bit longer, especially if you're not used to it, but eventually the process becomes a lot faster and your cuts are a lot cleaner as a result. There are a lot of tutorials, so a quick Google (or Youtube, but I haven't checked) search should come up with some results. There's also things like Color Range select if you want to select one certain color to remove.

I usually use the magic wand for the big selection, then clean the selection up with the lasso tool. Remember that holding shift lets you add more to the selection, and holding alt removes parts from the selection.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
She sings so much better here though.
Aki Toyosaki's voice for Medaka was so different from what she normally does. Though Medaka being kind of an airhead is pretty much on cue with what her normal roles are.

This video contains content from TV Tokyo, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

tPKdP.gif

Nope.

This video contains content from TV Tokyo, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Found a working link i think.

edit: I still prefer Yui's voice, she sounds too plain and boring in that one!

Well you and Pounch can go be friends then.
I like Utauyo!!! MIRACLE, so we're good

Esura

Banned
Listening to Yui's singing is like...like listening to a goddess' voice.

Its impeccable. Delectable. Incredible.

Perfect.

Kazzy

What was that? Something about crazy people?

Huh? You mean my
redacted
post?

That was just me spectacularly back-pedalling, after realizing I have an range of My Love Is A Stapler named accounts.

And what were we talking about? Oh yeah, Mugi, the only character to appear in two KyoAni shows.

Kazzy

The that I haven't got round to watching it is pretty damning on my part, especially when I consider how much I liked regular K-ON!

I blame Hyouka, which I wasn't expecting to like quite so much. That certainly ate into my designated anime time.

I wanted to marathon K-ON!! which was was the main thing, but I haven't found the time.

Kazzy

I would but I have to plan weekly lessons for the next 3 months, its quite time consuming!

Most of my time on GAF is spent on my phone nowadays.

I'll maybe try to fit in a few episodes at a time instead. I'm definitely going to be reading the books in the meantime.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Wait what ? You didn't watch the second season yet ? Crazy talk!

Also the second season is better just for the fact that it's longer!

Top Bottom