• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Toradora... man... 'dat ending... damn.

Yes, they're... different, but not in a bad way ... I think? I'm not even sure myself.

Did you finish it already ? The ending is sweet, especially the very last scene in the schoolroom after the ed/credits.

One of my favorite anime.

Uraizen

Banned
Did you finish it already ? The ending is nice, especially the last scene in the schoolroom.

I watched more than I intended to in such a short amount of time. I dunno about the ending, I like my endings to have a little more... closure. Kind of like how the final episode of season two for K-On played out. Now that was a great ending and made me feel the second season is worth at least one watch. That, or I was just sour and wanted more.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I watched more than I intended to in such a short amount of time. I dunno about the ending, I like my endings to have a little more... closure. Kind of like how the final episode of season two for K-On played out. Now that was a great ending and made me feel the second season is worth at least one watch. That, or I was just sour and wanted more.

What ? Toradora has the perfect closure for this type of anime, moreso than most animes of that genre that end nowhere with the guy wondering what life is about and other crap.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Nooo, I want to know more!

Well yeah, i can agree with that, but as far as closure for a series go, especially one on the romantic side, it's pretty good. All the main characters get some closure. There isn't much to wonder about, it all get resolved by the end, and they all go on with their lives.

Uraizen

Banned
Well yeah, i can agree with that, but as far as closure for a series go, especially one on the romantic side, it's pretty good. All the main characters get some closure. There isn't much to wonder about, it all get resolved by the end, and they all go on with their lives.

In retrospect, you're right, but something like
a girl you're supposedly with leaves then comes back much later
doesn't happen without anything changing. I'm probably just looking at this the wrong way, which is why I want more answers!

K-ON!! Episode 2

This episode decided to give a brief history on guitars. Considering the character design, I always find it striking just how much detail is lavished upon the actual instruments. It was also notable in that Sawako didn't act like a complete crazy person for once, maybe even acting her age. The middle of the episode played like an after-school special, with the group trying to decide how to use their windfall from an antique guitar. Remember kids, honesty is the best policy!

Yes, the attention to detail on the guitars and other instruments is incredible. It's even like that in the manga. Say what you want about his knowledge about how they actually work, but Kakifly knows how to draw instruments.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I wanted to learn piano when i was around like 7-8 i forgot, but the NES had just been released. And i never even started piano lessons.

Uraizen

Banned
I played the saxophone during highschool, but now I don't play anything.

Impressive.

I wanted to learn piano when i was around like 7-8 i forgot, but the NES had just came out. And i never started piano lessons.

Legitimate excuse.

I played drums in high school, but I wasn't very good. I know less than S1 Yui now when it comes to anything music related. Hell, even what little terminology Ritsu spit out left me confused.

Jintor

All my skills have atrophied. Nowadays I just poke around on the guitar and ukelele. Also, I don't care what they say, ukelele is fun as hell to play.

I kinda want to take up the bass though

LayLa

do it! if you've played guitar before then bass will be no problem. deciding between fingers & pick is hard, but at the start its probably best to make a choice & stick with it.

Kazzy

Violin, although enough time has passed that its something of an empty claim!

Learning an instrument properly has always been an aspiration of mine, as I'm sure it is for most people. Its below the list on learning another language, and I'm about to get under-way with that shortly.

cjkeats

When I was in high school it was the time when everyone wanted a guitar and wanted to be Tom Delonge, so I jumped on that train. I never really got into it, couldn't tell you a cord to save my life, but I can still play a few songs that I picked up. I'll still buy a new guitar every few years, more so just to have a nice looking one and I keep telling myself "I'll get back into it".

One day I will get a left handed Fender jazz bass, just so I could say I have Mio's bass.
Though this "one day" probably won't happen anytime soon.

I want to learn to play guitar but I'm horrible at it.

._.

All of those instruments were easy to pick up.

nQn8T.gif

LayLa

I want to learn to play guitar but I'm horrible at it.

._.

All of those instruments were easy to pick up.

I really want to play the drums but find the coordination between feet & hands impossible, i don't know how you do it! Guitar is so much easier for me.

I played the clarinet in secondary school, then I picked up the saxophone but didn't get very far before I switched schools. Haven't really touched an instrument since then.

Poyunch

I missed the Oreimo talk. Ever since I lost my K-on gif source and changing Internet providers I've stopped coming here. I am sad.

Top Bottom