• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/97kOSaYT5TpCCxUWN-/browse/item/85876/4/0/0

If that don't work, go to right stuf and search Afterschool Tea Time.

EDIT: or I could just post it.

It worked this time, and that's a sweet shirt. I want it, but man, I already hear enough crap from my friends for just watching One Piece.

Poor Azucat

22bub.jpg

What do you guys talk about in here? Isn't the series over? There's over 100 pages in this thread so I'm really confused.
The movie just released on blu ray like a few months ago, and since K-ON! is the next Evangelion, merchandise everywhere!
There's also new people who start watching the series that want to talk about it.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/97kOSaYT5TpCCxUWN-/browse/item/85876/4/0/0

If that don't work, go to right stuf and search Afterschool Tea Time.

EDIT: or I could just post it.
ItemDescription
I, I actually want that now...
Poor Azucat

She starts her own band with Ui and Jun and Mugi's lesbian maid/friend.

MikeMyers

From the first page of that thread

You can post clean fanart here, but try to restrain yourself from posting too much and diverting discussion. Current rule is a maximum of three images per post. You are free to post to your heart's desire in the Pokémon Art Thread. It shouldn't need repeating, but even slightly dirty fanart is not welcome here. There is a "one strike" rule for those posting pervy fanart, meaning post it and I'll be PMing a mod. Don't do it.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
well that's mean

I mean that was official art.

Yeah, that's not even fan art. And it's not exactly "pervy". They are not even wearing swimsuits or showing skin.

I wonder if Andrex snitched and PMed a mod about it. And which mod would actually carry it, since there was nothing against the rules in that OP.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I really don't think it is a good idea to make this a witch-hunt against who may have gotten him banned or not, kandrick. People get banned all the time. It's really not that big a deal.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
All i am saying is, there was nothing against the rules in the OP in that Pokemon thread. That was not fanart, and not "pervy". Still, if they still wanted to ban to make a statement, they could have banned him for a few days. But two months ?

Whatever. I'm done talking about this subject here.

Uraizen

Banned
All i am saying is, there was nothing against the rules in the OP in that Pokemon thread. That was not fanart, and not "pervy". Still, if they still wanted to ban to make a statement, they could have banned him for a few days. But two months ?

It's a tragic moment for all of us, I need to pour one out for him. He was one of my favorite members here. =(

Kazzy

Chet banned, I wasn't expecting to wake up and see that.

And, although I agree with you, what constitutes that criteria is entirely subjective, and I can understand why some wouldn't like that sort of stuff being posted. It is the Pokemon thread after all, but I'm not entirely qualified to talk on what flies there, having only posted a couple of times. But it does seem like something you should be confident about before putting out there, as some of the community threads differ wildly in tone.

The 2 months thing is harsh, but I'm not going to pretend I know how the GAF hierarchy works. He'll be back before we know it, and I guess there is always the IRCs to haunt.

EDIT: I can see where you are coming from, Kandrick. Skimming through that thread pretty much highlights that wasn't anything more egregious than that what had previously been posted.

Anyway, let's keep the thread active. I will be sure to post my thoughts on K-ON!! as I continue to make my way through it. Which is something I should remember to do, especially as as Chet was the only one who discussed it with me in the Anime thread (daw).

:( Chet. I pretty much have lurked this thread up till now, but I see him over in AnimeGAF too...cool guy :). I am a pretty big K-On fan as it is, so perhaps I'll participate over here more often.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I wonder if Andrex snitched and PMed a mod about it. And which mod would actually carry it, since there was nothing against the rules in that OP.
The point when people in a thread start talking about snitching is the point the existence of the thread itself comes into question.

Edit: In general and within reasonable limits, community threads are allowed to have their own ground rules, like with the different ways spoilers are handled in the anime, manga, and pony threads. If there's disagreement then that's something people in a thread need to work out, rather than continuing to cause problems for everyone else. That a mod has to be brought in indicates a breakdown. As it stands, the Pokemon thread drew a hard line on what kind of art is acceptible, and that's not really an unreasonable request especially with a companion IRC channel around to let loose. Further review will be made, but also keep in mind that Chet has been given many warnings in the past for pushing acceptible limits in various threads.

Anyway, I don't mean to imply nasty things here, but when a thread happens to enjoy salutary neglect don't abuse it, as the unfamiliarity will cause mods to assume the worst if something happens.

Above all else, if you don't want mods to see something then don't do it on the forum.

Kazzy

The point when people in a thread start talking about snitching is the point the existence of the thread itself comes into question.

Fair enough, and I don't profess to know all the details. Any discussion on my part was mainly me trying to understand what had occurred, and not an attempt to cast dispersions onto anyone.

No idea if you're actually referring to me, but just thought I'd make my stance clear.

This thread is amongst the most laidback on the forum, and I'd hate for it to lose that charm. Anyway, enough of that!

Top Bottom