• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Poyunch

Xsang.gif

lj167

Season 2 is better than Season 1, but the best moment in the series as a whole is the concert at the end of Season 1. I just rewatched it, it really is fantastic.

Poyunch

TWF1K.gif

Season 2 is better than Season 1, but the best moment in the series as a whole is the concert at the end of Season 1. I just rewatched it, it really is fantastic.

The episode in season 2 where they actually had a concert was perfect. For once they really felt like a band.
Even though that's not really the point of the show...

Kazzy

You should finish watching season 2!

Which reminds me, I should post my thoughts on K-ON!! I have been watching it, honest!

And while it has just occurred to me, and seeing as though most of you are going all K-ON (Chet) with their avatars, has anyone got something that I can use? Solidarity and all that...

K-ON!! Episode 3

The death of a musician. It was cool that the personality behind the instruments was desconscruted here. Just like it was previously, the reflective nature of the episode once again came about because of Ritsu, whose dedicated moment in the first season probably ranks as my favourite, so far.

gSJT9.jpg

I fear change, make it go back!

There was some genuine emotion here, and as expected, Ritsu's sunny despipostion is somewhat of a mask for her insecurities. Because these sort of moments aren't simply dragged up to elicit some melodrama, they have a tendency to be impactful when they eventually do arise. Hm, Mio wants the attention, but with the minimum of effort, sounds about right. Seriously though, I get that she is introverted, but that's one aspect I feel really needs to get worked through, as it's become a little irritating. I can see that being precisely the reason why she is such popular character (particuarly in Japan), but its often a recurring theme in anime, one that almost always breaks any semblance of reality in a character. At least, that's the way I've always felt about it.

K-ON!! Episode 4

Nice little fakeout with Yui and Ui to start the episode off with, even KyoAni are aware that a lot the faces are interchangeable.

Just as I made a point to lambast the character of Mio, this episode highlights her detachment from the rest of the group. It wasn't even the central focus, but it was a moment that was expressed succinctly in the the two contrasting train journeys. Which is neat to see, as the show seems to becoming increasingly self-referential, something I always appreciate in a second season. Although, Mio's laughing fits towards the end reminded me of a similarly quirky character.

q6Sy5.jpg

All these little bittersweet moments are building towards something, aren't they?

I'm also starting to like Sawako's new role as their homeroom teacher, and her desperate struggles to try to remain professional in the face of all the chaos that brings. I also really liked the night scene, there was something completely naturalistic about the way all their laughter and sniggering came across there. Other than that, it was your typical school trip episode, with some really nice shots and details to be found. Not that I'm complaining.

K-ON!! Episode 5

I really liked this episode, it was a nice dynamic with the prospective new group. It's sometimes hard to know whether a tone of show is intended to permeate through its entire world, at least the one past what we see, what with the bias that invariably comes through the perspective of the protagonists. So it was funny to see that everyone else views the Light-music club as aloof and disorganized as the audience probably does.

With new characters, there is always the fear their inclusion will suddenly be at odds with the rest of the cast, and maybe even be resented, simply by virtue of their artificial nature. This doesn't seem to a problem with the 'new' characters, though. There has enough foresight to have these characters constantly on the periphery, especially in the case of Jun, whose total dialogue thus far had been restricted to little asides. They do feel like actual characters, and I look forward to what, I can only assume, will be an increased presence in the future.

Yes, they all share traits of the main group, but clearly that's by design. Azusa needs to stop being such a downer, nearly everything she does carries a hint of mild irritation. It makes sense in terms of the story being told here, but it's almost been her defining trait at certain points.

K-ON!! Episode 6

cODAs.jpg

Flawless logic.

A fun little episode that was centred around the bad weather, as well as Yui's disconcerting devotion towards her guitar. But that was a good thing, because it meant that we were given lots of lovingly rendered shots of the actual instruments themselves, which do look pretty damn amazing. And to further the buyer's guide feel, we are provided with tips on how to properly maintain and care for our instrument (quiet, now).

Things happened here, guitars were named, songs were sang, and Sawako's gonna sawa.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
It's always nice to read others impressions about K-On!

It's making me want to watch all the episodes and movie again sometime soon. It's been a while since watched both seasons.

Esura

Banned
Aww, Chet is gone. Hope he comes back soon, he's the lifeblood of the thread. :(

I'm gonna watch a few episodes of K-ON! in honor of him.

Aww, Chet is gone. Hope he comes back soon, he's the lifeblood of the thread. :(

I'm gonna watch a few episodes of K-ON! in honor of him.

Chet is the only reason I know what K-On! is.

You need to post in the Pokémon Community Thread so everyone can see your avatar! Haha!

Mio for everyone!

JwZgW.png
gLgwX.png
7sxzW.png
cLW6R.png

nvEak.png
GViLu.png
bM39f.png
oBxFz.png

Esura

Banned
This thread will become harder, better, faster, stronger, in his absence. Believe!

We jus gotta! T_T

Chet is the only reason I know what K-On! is.

You need to post in the Pokémon Community Thread so everyone can see your avatar! Haha!

Mio for everyone!

JwZgW.png
gLgwX.png
7sxzW.png
cLW6R.png

nvEak.png
GViLu.png
bM39f.png
oBxFz.png

Luckily, after three seconds I realized how everyone got those avatars and cooked some up myself after reading
Faithful Tepig 2
but I digress.

Chet got me interested in K-ON! Nendoroids. Didn't even care about those things until now.

cjkeats

I had a Yui avatar for a while and got my first PM on this site ever from chet titled "Best Thread on GAF" and the body was simply a link to here.

I like it here.

Boney

Banned
since I'm in charge we'll do it just like pokegaf. There if there's any comment about gen 3 that isn't negative you'll get banned

let's all talk about how bad season 2 cause it's just lame jokes instead of awesome moments like yui running to get her guitar

All of K-ON is awesome! I'm probably gonna rewatch it all at some point, I have plenty of free time on evenings now I'm living at college.
I also enjoy reading other peoples impressions about things, so keep it up, Watanabe! Also, are you gonna watch the movie when you finish up with season 2, or have you already saw it?

Edit: Also, is anyone here god with photoshop or anything? OR does anyone have a decent Ritsu or Azu avatar lying around on the spare? It would be much appreciated :)

since I'm in charge we'll do it just like pokegaf. There if there's any comment about gen 3 that isn't negative you'll get banned

let's all talk about how bad season 2 cause it's just lame jokes instead of awesome moments like yui running to get her guitar

Do you have a degree in wrong or something?

cjkeats

Has anyone watched the dub? Did they bother to translate the songs? I always find it fascinating when they try and do that for anime music.

Has anyone watched the dub? Did they bother to translate the songs? I always find it fascinating when they try and do that for anime music.

Subbed is Always better. I'm not sure if they did, and tbh, I don't see why they try to :( It always makes waaay less sense after translation, especially if they keep the same actual music, just swap the voice out.

The dubbed version doesn't dub the songs,there are versions sung by the english cast but they aren't in the show I know this without any assistance from ghosts.

Kazzy

All of K-ON is awesome! I'm probably gonna rewatch it all at some point, I have plenty of free time on evenings now I'm living at college.
I also enjoy reading other peoples impressions about things, so keep it up, Watanabe! Also, are you gonna watch the movie when you finish up with season 2, or have you already saw it?

Of course!

I'm looking forward to it, not least of all because I've yet to read a negative opinion about it. I've still to enjoy the remainder of season 2, though.

Mio, Mio, everywhere!

Madao

i'm shelving rhythm heaven for a bit. gotta join the craze but i'll use my own twist.
Ritsu was taken and my paint skills are bad

also, i'm almost done rewatching S1. even though i'm going slow on purpose, it feels like time goes by fast.

Top Bottom