• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
They don't. It's hilarious when they change from the U.S. voices to the original voices for singing.

Their english voices sound so weird, especially when you are used to their original voices.

Here's some cute to liven up the thread!

oYXlt.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, I thought I'd ask here:

Does anyone know what how the K-On! app on iOS works?
D2W5Dl.jpg

And also, does anyone know if you can transfer PSP save data to the PS3 in the K-On game? I seem to remember reading that they were interoperable, but I have no idea how to do it.

Oh, I thought I'd ask here:

Does anyone know what how the K-On! app on iOS works?
D2W5Dl.jpg

And also, does anyone know if you can transfer PSP save data to the PS3 in the K-On game? I seem to remember reading that they were interoperable, but I have no idea how to do it.
Looks like an alarm clock to me.

[Settings!]
[Alarm] Off... >
[Time] 00:01 >
[Repeat] Just Once >
[Sound] Bass >

Kazzy

I've yet to hear the dub cast, and I think I'll keep it that way.

Not to start this discussion up again, but I personally don't mind dubs, despite rarely watching any show with them. If its a means to expose something to a new audience, that's great. However, my main issue comes with the dissonance I feel with the setting, that's to say that I generally dislike a foreign VA clashing with the atmosphere of a show. Which is something I feel would apply to K-ON!

There are exceptions, obviously, but then you run into the problems faced with localization and adaptation.

Madao

for me, the policy is to watch whatever i watch in its original language. if i don't understand it, there's a reason subs exist.

it extends far beyond anime. i watch hollywood movies in english because they were made in that language. i watch cable and pick original audio for everything. movie is in french? there's the subs right there. watching a gag series made in mexico? i watch it in spanish.

one thing that killed disney movies for me is that they were always dubbed in my country with no option to see them in english. you lose so much in translation because the translators try to localize several puns and idioms and it falls flat (for me it is even worse since a lot of the recent dubs don't fit with the spanish i'm used to). i got a few on DVD and watching them in their original language adds a lot to them (not to mention i keep my english in good form).

Madao

shall i take over as Mugi overlord and have everyone as my maids? you could all do the work while i go on a trip to chill at cool places.

sorry Ritsu.

Madao

i went googling for mugi pics and there were a lot of ritsu pics in the mix.

coincidence?

i was too lazy to grab a pic and post it here.

this reminds me, the only instrument i have ever played is a keyboard since my dad had one. i was too little to get any music out of it though.

Top Bottom