• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

How about a bonus one too?
nQn8T.gif

Touche, Mr. Rippo, my gifs fail in comparison to yours.
I almost wanted to call it the "Charlie Brown Ritsu" GIF in my last post there. Thanks, both of you for posting the GIFs. MORE RITSU!!

Another random aside, Cassandra Lee had some livestream chat thing last night or so, which was fun to participate in. Certainly made me wanna check out the dub tracks for both seasons, but that might have to wait until I get the DVD versions of the anime or my own TV to watch the Blu-rays on when dad's not home to monopolize the TV in the evenings.

Uraizen

Banned
How about a bonus one too?
[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/nQn8T.gif[/IMG]

I feel like I'm in a post-KO combo.

Oh God those dub voices. No.

I had my headphones off when I saw it, are there language track options?

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/km2To.gif[/IMG]
[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/bcZAD.gif[/IMG]
[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/2RCzi.gif[/IMG]
[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/hN1BD.gif[/IMG]

Did you eat your 4GB card yet?

Wait, I missed this somehow. Is Ritsu your favorite?
Oh no, I feel like I'm in a minefield now.

Screw it, yeah she is. Aaaaand I was about to type stuff out here about how she seems like someone that you could totally bro out with about games or whatnot but she's also omega-cute with her hair down and she happens to be the only character CD that I bought so far oh there it is. So yeah, Ritsu.

Uraizen

Banned
Except Chet. Fuck off Chet.

Nailed it, Chet.

Oh no, I feel like I'm in a minefield now.

Screw it, yeah she is. Aaaaand I was about to type stuff out here about how she seems like someone that you could totally bro out with about games or whatnot but she's also omega-cute with her hair down and she happens to be the only character CD that I bought so far oh there it is. So yeah, Ritsu.

You're amongst friends here, well... I'm your friend. <3

Kazzy

I was just going based off of what happened in Watanabe's video.

It varies, you choose. The anime gloriously inverts this.

Oh God those dub voices. No.

No! It is great, but there are some voices that I have preference over in both versions, though. English,Kanji, Yosuke, Rise, Teddie, Nanako and Dojima are awesome. Watching the anime brought me round on the original voices, I feel Naoto is much easier to voice for them.

Was she accurate?

I'm sure you could come up with a much better story.

I think this episode was a great ending to K-ON!! even more so than the actual graduation episode. Maybe because the episode is less sad than anything.
I love the rendition they play of Fuwa Fuwa Time they do at the end. They really should have had Ui play the organ in the manga. [/qouote]

They are both excellent endings but this was one was more about everyone. The original was Azusa's episode, no doubt. It's the same pattern of the first season, the first ending being the logical narrative conclusion, with Yui signposting her progression, whereas the concert one is more satisfying on a personal level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okdk72I6U4U
Love this episode.
And there is like a 4 inch difference in height between Mio and Azusa
Mio is 160cm tall and Azusa is 150cm tall.

Yeah, I love that kind of fanservice.

Yup, having seen all of those covers in the thread before, I did appreciate the nods. I mean, the second season in general was full of them, with items reappearing in much later episodes (Sawako's charm, amongst others), and other continuity, like Ritsu putting her hand on Yui's shoulder, that originally happened in what, episode 3?! There are a lot more, and I probably should have kept the pictures of the shots they replicated between episodes, but yeah, a lot of love in there!

And the film to watch later today! Oh gawd!

Here is a picture I forgot to include in my summary:

Kazzy

I've really got into Chuunibyou, so that's another box set I'll be buying if it gets licensed over here =\

I can't see that happening (I base this on nothing), but I would like to own pretty much every KyoAni show that I've watched. Japanese prices though, ugh!

I'm enjoying it too, although I think I'm looking for a bigger narrative push then maybe others are. But I need to catch up anywho.

I can't see that happening (I base this on nothing), but I would like to own pretty much every KyoAni show that I've watched. Japanese prices though, ugh!

I'm enjoying it too, although I think I'm looking for a bigger narrative push then maybe others are. But I need to catch up anywho.

That's whats stopping me from importing a load of dvds :( The price, plus the cost of getting it shipped to the UK is insane.
I'm planning on taking a lengthy holiday (Approx 3months) over there once I've finished my training and my first contract at sea, but that's about 4 years away =\ I'll probably end up coming home with a suitcase full of dvds and other stuff.

Kazzy

That's whats stopping me from importing a load of dvds :( The price, plus the cost of getting it shipped to the UK is insane.
I'm planning on taking a lengthy holiday (Approx 3months) over there once I've finished my training and my first contract at sea, but that's about 4 years away =\ I'll probably end up coming home with a suitcase full of dvds and other stuff.

I too will be similarly throwing a lot of money at buying shiny things, maybe I can act as the intermediary when I get out there.

I too will be similarly throwing a lot of money at buying shiny things, maybe I can act as the intermediary when I get out there.

That would be cool :p Once you've been, you should recommend some places to visit! I'll probably be doing a month or so in one of the larger cities depending on how much it'll set me back for accommodation, then another month or so just travelling around. I wanna do both the touristy things, and explore some of the more out of the way places. It seems to have a lot of natural beauty, what with the mountainous regions, and foresty things and the like.

Kazzy

I started reading the manga today. I'm on chapter 10. It's hard to adjust to the vertical order.

Oddly enough, I just started reading in earlier on today.

I read like 5 pages in the wrong order, the genius that I am!

I want to watch movie now, but having just finished another assignment, I'm about to go out for Bonfire Night. Weirdest holiday ever...

cjkeats

Oddly enough, I just started reading in earlier on today.

I read like 5 pages in the wrong order, the genius that I am!

I want to watch movie now, but having just finished another assignment, I'm about to go out for Bonfire Night. Weirdest holiday ever...

I find myself reverting back to right->left every few pages instead of right->down. I've noticed a few cells that were put directly into the anime, like the gif above. That stuff always fascinates me.

Bonfire Night? You guys have a holiday celebrating bonfires? I wish we had a holiday that involved large fires.

Kazzy

I find myself reverting back to right->left every few pages instead of right->down. I've noticed a few cells that were put directly into the anime, like the gif above. That stuff always fascinates me.

Bonfire Night? You guys have a holiday celebrating bonfires? I wish we had a holiday that involved large fires.

Yes, a lot of the stuff (at least early on), is pretty much replicated slavishly during the first season. Though, It obviously carries better in the series.

Well, "Guy Fawkes Night" if you want to get technical about it. I always thought it was weird to celebrate a failed assassination attempt, but we are a macabre nation.

Top Bottom