• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

^ I do. I change my avatar every 2 days lol. I suck at Blazblue and free. I'm mostly invested in the series because of the story.

Same here, except replace Blazblue with every fighting game ever. Which is sad to me since I still love playing them. Maybe my old man reflexes just can't keep up anymore.

Uraizen

Banned
Not Smash Bros. so it sucks.

Oh, right, you don't really like the genre itself. Eh, that's cool, not every genre can appeal to everybody.
RPGs
Off topic, but does this mean you're picking up All Stars?

Same here, except replace Blazblue with every fighting game ever. Which is sad to me since I still love playing them. Maybe my old man reflexes just can't keep up anymore.

Then why don't we play them? You guuuuys.

AgkEY.gif

Esura

Banned
See, I don't understand, because you go and say something like this:

Then you go and say something like this:

Which is just factually wrong in every possible instance of time. You and me, Esura, we're gonna throw down!

4YpFD.jpg

I hate parries, it completely negates the zoning game typical of SF games. And I hate how most matches is just throwing out random whiffed pokes until you get your Super up then proceed to get said Super off on the opponent. That's pretty much the entirety of Chun Li's game and there is no reason to pick anyone else besides her, Yun or Ken because whatever the other cast can do she does it better, and easier.

Emitan

Oh, right, you don't really like the genre itself. Eh, that's cool, not every genre can appeal to everybody.
RPGs
Off topic, but does this mean you're picking up All Stars?

I played the beta of All Stars and was blown away... by how mediocre it was.

If I was hanging out with 3 friends and a copy of the game magically appeared I'd play it with them. But actually purchasing it? lol

Esura

Banned

I'm not good at fighters (my execution is....eh....) at all but I find myself getting used to Soul Calibur 5, Arcana Heart 3, and UMvC3.

I'm not old (only 22) so I guess my reasons for lower reflexes in fighting games is something else. I tend to have to rely on basic strings and punishing my opponent's mistake because of my execution weakness.

Madao

i feel so lost. haven't played a fighting game in a while.

the most recent ones i remember are the Jump Superstar ones and the Bleach ones in DS and that was like last year.

Uraizen

Banned
I hate parries, it completely negates the zoning game typical of SF games. And I hate how most matches is just throwing out random whiffed pokes until you get your Super up then proceed to get said Super off on the opponent. That's pretty much the entirety of Chun Li's game and there is no reason to pick anyone else besides her, Yun or Ken because whatever the other cast can do she does it better, and easier.

3s wasn't that type of game and shouldn't be seen as a zoning heavy game. Parries are yomi at its finest and it's not just about just throwing out random whiffed pokes unless you've only ever played chun. I'll whup chun's ass all day with my Makoto if she gets predictable with that cr.mk.

I played the beta of All Stars and was blown away... by how mediocre it was.

If I was hanging out with 3 friends and a copy of the game magically appeared I'd play it with them. But actually purchasing it? lol

Really? I thought it was better than Smash Bros. solely because of the consistent hit stun. Oh well, to each their own I suppose.

Uraizen

Banned
I'm not good at fighters (my execution is....eh....) at all but I find myself getting used to Soul Calibur 5, Arcana Heart 3, and UMvC3.

I'm not old (only 22) so I guess my reasons for lower reflexes in fighting games is something else. I tend to have to rely on basic strings and punishing my opponent's mistake because of my execution weakness.

Well... at least you like AH3, I don't meet too many people who do.

i feel so lost. haven't played a fighting game in a while.

the most recent ones i remember are the Jump Superstar ones and the Bleach ones in DS and that was like last year.

The Bleach DS ones were actually good. Treasure <3.

Like I said, really little...
I also drew this a few days ago.

Lightning legs Mugi, lol.

Esura

Banned
^ You got AH3 on PSN? I haven't played it in like almost a year because I don't have too many ppl to play with. I got the import copy from Japan too.

Hated all the Elsa players online.

3s wasn't that type of game and shouldn't be seen as a zoning heavy game. Parries are yomi at its finest and it's not just about just throwing out random whiffed pokes unless you've only ever played chun. I'll whup chun's ass all day with my Makoto if she gets predictable with that cr.mk.

Makoto's execution barrier prevents me from doing anything worthwhile with her. I used Chun, Elena, and sometimes Yun on GGPO but mostly Chun.

The SFIII series is just not what I wanted from SF after Alpha 3.

I'm not good at fighters (my execution is....eh....) at all but I find myself getting used to Soul Calibur, Arcana Heart 3, and UMvC3.

I'm not old (only 22) so I guess my reasons for lower reflexes in fighting games something else. I tend to have to rely on basic strings and punishing my opponent's mistake because of my execution weakness.

I've been bad ever since Street Fighter II came out. You would think that I would be better with 20 years of experience...

I just have a hard time thinking on my feet in a fast paced match. I might be better if I had more time to practice, but I have such a huge backlog that it's mostly casual play. That said, I've been playing a lot of SFxT on Vita and still need to do the the story on Blazbue Continuum Shift Extend. Oh, and more Persona 4 Arena.

The next K-ON game should be a fighter :).

Uraizen

Banned
Makoto's execution barrier prevents me from doing anything worthwhile with her. I used Chun, Elena, and sometimes Yun on GGPO but mostly Chun.

The SFIII series is just not what I wanted from SF after Alpha 3.

The SFIII series is the only iteration of SF that I actually like. Alpha 3 was better than ST, but still didn't do it for me.

Okay, so you played Yun but couldn't deal with Makoto's execution barrier? The true kara palms are hard as hell to do, those are no joke.

^ You got AH3 on PSN? I haven't played it in like almost a year because I don't have too many ppl to play with. I got the import copy from Japan too.

Hated all the Elsa players online.

Lilica here, but I never got to play AH3 much because, well, who am I going to play with?

I've been bad ever since Street Fighter II came out. You would think that I would be better with 20 years of experience...

I just have a hard time thinking on my feet in a fast paced match. I might be better if I had more time to practice, but I have such a huge backlog that it's mostly casual play. That said, I've been playing a lot of SFxT on Vita and still need to do the the story on Blazbue Continuum Shift Extend. Oh, and more Persona 4 Arena.

You really need to add me on PSN if you play fighters.

K-On as a fighter would be hilarious, I demand that parries be in it.

cjkeats

The only fighting game I've ever gotten into was Persona 4 Arena, and that was just because of the story and Giant Bomb/GAF tournaments.

I'd play a K-on! fighting game. I bet someone, somewhere has put them into that PC fighting engine thing you always see on youtube.

Esura

Banned

Not necessarily. You would have to consistently practice and play fighters for those 20 years before you get better.

My backlog is huge as well. Got CT DS to play but I rather play SCV or something...

The SFIII series is the only iteration of SF that I actually like. Alpha 3 was better than ST, but still didn't do it for me.

Okay, so you played Yun but couldn't deal with Makoto's execution barrier? The true kara palms are hard as hell to do, those are no joke.

...well I never said I was good with Yun. :p

I was able to cheese some matches on GGPO with some well timed parries and dive kick but I wasn't able to do any of his good stuff. Links are not my strong suit at all.

The only fighting game I've ever gotten into was Persona 4 Arena, and that was just because of the story and Giant Bomb/GAF tournaments.

I'd play a K-on! fighting game. I bet someone, somewhere has put them into that PC fighting engine thing you always see on youtube.

I was just thinking that. This might warrant some Youtube investigation...

Arcana Heart 3 was pretty good. I'm actually excited to hear more about AH3 Love Max.

Thanks for remind me that I still have Arcana Heart 3 sitting on my shelf. Paid all that money for the Japanese import but it kept getting pushed aside in favor of other games.

Btw, very cute drawing Chet :).

Uraizen

Banned

K-On in MUGEN? Alright, I have to go look this up now.

Oh my god, it's a thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTxNJxUmfKQ

Arcana Heart 3 was pretty good. I'm actually excited to hear more about AH3 Love Max.

Respect +1

...well I never said I was good with Yun. :p

I was able to cheese some matches on GGPO with some well timed parries and dive kick but I wasn't able to do any of his good stuff. Links are not my strong suit at all.

It's okay, I used to be able to do Makoto's instant kill combo, but now? lol

Esura

Banned
Alrighty, tomorrow we should have a K-ONGAF OFF! AH3, SSBB, or whatever fighting game the general K-ONGAF populace have! I'll even play a few matches of 3SO! Anything but playing Chrono Trigger.....

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah. Although I own every single fighting game out on current gen consoles (no joke) so you guys can choose as I would most likely have that game.

It'd probably be fair if it's something that nobody really plays, but still enjoys. You're still playing 3sO with me, I want some new competition. I'm actually hoping you kick my ass up and down so I have a rival.

Esura

Banned
It'd probably be fair if it's something that nobody really plays, but still enjoys. You're still playing 3sO with me, I want some new competition.

Eh, don't mind popping in 3SO. If we avoiding games that one is ok in then we should avoid SCV. I cheese hard with Pyrrha. :p

Uraizen

Banned
Eh, don't mind popping in 3SO. If we avoiding games that one is ok in then we should avoid SCV. I cheese hard with Pyrrha. :p

There's no popping in to be had, it's digital. =O

I'd totally own a physical copy of it if I could, though.

My desire to fight the Mugi army has completely derailed the thread. I'm sorry. =(

EDIT: What's that, Vita? You want me to add people who recently posted with a PSN ID in their profile? Sure! Why not!

It'd probably be fair if it's something that nobody really plays, but still enjoys. You're still playing 3sO with me, I want some new competition.

Ha, 3sO would be a complete disaster for me in all likelihood. I like it, but it's easily my worst SF.

I am probably going to pick up Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the Wii U as one of my launch games.

You can see what all I have here: http://www.backloggery.com/amishpriest. Need to make some edits (got rid of some 360 stuff, including VF5 and SCIV) but it's mostly up to date.

Esura

Banned
There's no popping in to be had, it's digital. =O

I'd totally own a physical copy of it if I could, though.

My desire to fight the Mugi army has completely derailed the thread. I'm sorry. =(

EDIT: What's that, Vita? You want me to add people who recently posted with a PSN ID in their profile? Sure! Why not!

I know its digital. Just an expression. :p

I got the 3SO theme and all that.

But, I derailed long enough. I want to see Yui kick Mio's ass.

Esura

Banned
I remember that being posted. And it's nice to see more people enjoying K-On.

Where were you guys back in 2009!

Getting denied in my registration here because the email I used to register before (I had a paid premium membership on devilmaycry.org that came with an email account) stop being valid because my premium status got canceled. :(

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Getting denied in my registration here because the email I used to register before (I had a paid premium membership on devilmaycry.org that came with an email account) stop being valid because my premium status got canceled. :(

Awww :( But you are here with us now!

Only watched stuff like One Piece back then, never touched anything close to K-On.

I like when people are willing to try new stuff and don't just say "not watching, it's moeshit".

t27yg.gif

Uraizen

Banned
I like when people are willing to try new stuff and don't just say "not watching, it's moeshit".

I'll usually try anything at least once, even if I say I'll pass on it I eventually end up trying it. Even if I don't end up liking something, I'll at least end up seeing why others like it. In this case I really enjoyed the show and would gladly recommend it to anyone with an interest in anime.

Link...game....NAO!!!! T_T
I wish.
I remember that being posted. And it's nice to see more people enjoying K-On.

Where were you guys back in 2009!
For like 2 years I did nothing but lurk GAF, which I was introduced to by my brother. Eventually around 2010 he asked me why I didn't just join myself, so I registered like the beginning of the year, but didn't get approved until like September of that year. That's where I met the likes of Gravijah, Boney, and ILikeFeet (RIP). And the rest is history.
Only watched stuff like One Piece back then, never touched anything close to K-On.

Massive upgrade then. One Piece almost killed my love for anime. K-ON! is what brought me back.
and Manyuu Hikenchou, but that's a story for another time.

Uraizen

Banned
For like 2 years I did nothing but lurk GAF, which I was introduced to by my brother. Eventually around 2010 he asked me why I didn't just join myself, so I registered like the beginning of the year, but didn't get approved until like September of that year. That's where I met the likes of Gravijah, Boney, and ILikeFeet (RIP). And the rest is history.

Oh, GAF origin stories? Sure, why not! I registered back in 2006, forgot I ever registered and came back to find out that my account was activated. Saw the people who posted here, cringed, and left. Came back after a few years and found you guys!

Massive upgrade then. One Piece almost killed my love for anime. K-ON! is what brought me back.
and Manyuu Hikenchou, but that's a story for another time.

I still love One Piece.

9bVNw.jpg

Esura

Banned
Awww :( But you are here with us now!

Yep. Oddly enough years later when I used the email that came with my ISP and this exact same username, it only took me a few weeks to get registered. Weird.

I like this board, particularly K-ON!GAF! Sucks the other parts can't be like us. :(

Metrotab

Banned
So what's K-On-GAF doing on US Election Night?

I'm blasting Beethoven's Seventh while reviewing my exam of Analytical Chemistry tomorrow.

Top Bottom