• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
And please you do!
[IMGhttp://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt217/TawnyStar/tumblr_mcx73xJvWa1rby56yo1_500.gif[/IMG]

FINALLY! Good job.

jgnFN.png

Dog Days' (Dash)

Seven Arcs basically faced a pretty straightforward choice when making the second season of Dog Days. The first season was very light and fluffy, much like the collection of tails the various characters have. For the second season, it simply came down to whether they should take it in a more serious direction, or just keep it mindbreakingly fun. To sum it up: Seven Arcs chose option 2.

So the second season of Dog Days is just like the first, only even more. Despite the already healthy ensemble cast of the first season, the second season manages to overstuff the cast with a huge number of new characters. There's pretty much a tail for everyone in the second season, in addition to the dogs and the cats, this season adds squirrels. Naturally the number of new faces in the cast earn a significant amount of screen time, and some of the side characters in the first season often find themselves reduced to little more than cameo roles. This is unfortunate, especially if you were a fan of the Wakamoto-voiced Godwin in the first season.

The cast of Dog Days' (Dash) would like to see you soon!

All pretenses of a serious story that were briefly seen in the first season are now thoroughly wiped away in season 2. The whole 13 episodes run feels like a big party where the viewer is invited to enjoy as much of calling out your moves, energy blast explosions, very fluffy tails, and light harem and romantic comedy as you can handle. And then the show just pours on even more. Idoru Millhi does a concert three times this season. If you are incapable of enjoying yourself at least a little during this show, I'm sorry but you'd better check your pulse. You're probably dead.

As an aside, this show has very strange and random attention to detail. For whatever reason, Flonyard has it's own entirely defined written language, which you can see throughout the show. I don't even know why exactly such a thing is necessary, but there it is. If you wanted to learn the language of the many kemonomimi races of Flonyard, you most certainly can. Then you can write your love letters to any or all of Millhi, Rico, Eclair, Brioche, Yukki, Leo-sama, Gaul (?), Couvert, Noir, Jaune, Vert, Violetta, and anybody else in their language. Ah, the wonders of Japan.

I can't imagine myself recommending Dog Days' to anyone who hasn't at least seen the first and enjoyed it. It's more of the same, with an emphasis on more. If you did enjoy the first season, well chances are you already watched this second season while it was airing. If you haven't seen the first or second seasons, well, you should. Anyone who is still capable of just enjoying anime, and who still loves watching anime, owes it to themselves to take a look. Just don't come back and blame me when you want to touch some fluffy tails too.

Dog Days' (Dash)
Final Rating: 9 out of 10 Fluffy Tails

I should not fail to mention that the voice of Yukikaze (Kana Asumi) is the voice of Nyaruko. She's also the voice of Yuno in HidaSketch.

Fun fact: a number of the characters in Dog Days have a sentence-ending catchphrase or distinctive way of speaking.

Rico - de arimasu
Brioche and Yukki - de gozaru
Leo-sama - masculine tone
Couvert - Kansai-ben
Hero King Adele
- nano-desu (similar to Rika Furude from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

I wanna draw something new, but I've already got like 2 things I need to finish already. I'll probably go back to the swimsuit one just because it would probably take less time than the Paper style ones.

Kazzy

I wanna draw something new, but I've already got like 2 things I need to finish already. I'll probably go back to the swimsuit one just because it would probably take less time than the Paper style ones.

I really want the Mugi PM to be done but you never have too many drawings!

I was too busy to attempt anything last week, but I still want to get something done.

Uraizen

Banned
This
That was a lot longer ago than I thought though. And looking back, I wonder what ever happened to AnathemicOne.

Not quite as bad as what I was picturing after Watanabe's comment. I guess some people just really like the characters? Uh... whatever floats your boat and all that good stuff.

I kinda want to draw something Christmas-y, but if I want to get it done in time, I'd have to start on it now. lol

Not quite as bad as what I was picturing after Watanabe's comment. I guess some people just really like the characters? Uh... whatever floats your boat and all that good stuff.

Did you see the next one?

Gr0VD.gif

I knew I liked you!

Likewise...especially considering you post all of these great Mugi pics and gifs :). More to add to the collection.

If Chet's absence was any indication I'd be up against an army before I could ever see a paper Ritsu.

I'm sure the Mugi army would be benevolent enough to allow for a paper Ritsu to happen. In due time, of course.
And after Yui since she's my second favorite :D.

Kazzy

Ehhh? But I kinda wanted to fight the Mugi army
in Third Strike Online.

Another time, another place. You won't find us, we'll find you!

And the only recent fighter I own is DOA5,
and seeing as its a sealed limited edition, I'm not keeping it.

That kinda reminds me of the little sketch I did of Mugi yesterday. To lazy right now to find it.

*Looks off into the distance, wistfully*

Uraizen

Banned
Ewwww. Don't play shitty fighting games.

I said Third Strike, that's about as good as it gets. Clearly you misread it, all is forgiven. I still love you.

That kinda reminds me of the little sketch I did of Mugi yesterday. To lazy right now to find it.

*waits*

And the only recent fighter I own is DOA5,
and seeing as its a sealed limited edition, I'm not keeping it.

If only there were gifting on PSN...

Anyone wanna do some fighting game fighting hit me up in DOA5 and get Ayane-d!

Didn't you used to have a Noel avatar? What about 'das BlazinBlues?

Esura

Banned
^ I do. I change my avatar every 2 days lol. I suck at Blazblue and free. I'm mostly invested in the series because of the story.

I said Third Strike, that's about as good as it gets. Clearly you misread it, all is forgiven. I still love you.

Nope, she didn't misread. :p

Uraizen

Banned
See, I don't understand, because you go and say something like this:

I do. I change my avatar every 2 days lol. I suck at Blazblue and free. I'm mostly invested in the series because of the story.

Then you go and say something like this:

Nope, she didn't misread. :p

Which is just factually wrong in every possible instance of time. You and me, Esura, we're gonna throw down!

4YpFD.jpg

Madao

Ehhh? But I kinda wanted to fight the Mugi army
in Third Strike Online.

LOz1R.jpg

i'm such a bad commander for not picking one of them clearly.

i'll probably be in Mugi mode by the time the drawings are done due to how slow i'm going with my k-on rewatch (i'm at like s2 ep 9 but i began in early september lol). though, if i get in gear and reach the JuRitsu eps earlier, it is more likely i'll be in Ritsu mode.

Top Bottom