• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
I like this board, particularly K-ON!GAF! Sucks the other parts can't be like us. :(

I like K-On GAF.

Small group of people >>>>>>>> Large group of people

Get to know each other better, joke around, talk about what we like in addition to the topic, etc.

So what's K-On-GAF doing on US Election Night?

I'm blasting Beethoven's Seventh while reviewing my exam of Analytical Chemistry tomorrow.

Funny, I'm studying for a test as well. I'm just not doing a very good job. Some of my friends want to play RE5 versus later for laughs, but seeing how late the update is today doesn't give me much hope... =(

cjkeats

I'm blasting Beethoven's Seventh while reviewing my exam of Analytical Chemistry tomorrow.

Surfing around the web, doing my best to ignore the election. Thinking about going out to get a froyo. Wishing I didn't have to get up so damn early for work.

Typical week night.

I still love One Piece.

9bVNw.jpg
Not everyone is perfect.

After voting I watched the last episode of Joshiraku and now I don't know what to do anymore...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

Browsing GAF, and playing games, actually it's more like trying to figure out what i want to play hmm.

Relaxing, watching some anime. Had two tests today, so I needed a break :p

Not much really, then. But I am from the UK, so the election isn't that much of a big deal.

Uraizen

Banned
Well, I like Manyuu Hikenchou, so you can make fun of me if you want.
[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/MQXrB.gif[/IMG]

In this current era, breasts mean everything. If you have breasts, you are guaranteed wealth and popularity. If you lack them, you are rarely considered “human”. Members of the Manyuu Clan help raise the future big breasts. Written on a secret scroll possessed by the clan, there is said to be various techniques on how to grow big and beautiful breasts.

I'm not even sure how to feel about that, but I can't make fun of you for something I know nothing about! Besides, I laughed my ass off at your comment based on the shock value alone, so I'm happy.

Urghh, somehow I always end up really liking series that seem to end on, or take a sudden and harsh drop in tone towards the end.
Man, it's pretty depressing :( Why no happy ending?! (Or at least more than 3 seconds worth of happy to try and offset 2-3 eps of harshness.)
I'm going to bed.

Uraizen

Banned
Urghh, somehow I always end up really liking series that seem to end on, or take a sudden and harsh drop in tone towards the end.
Man, it's pretty depressing :( Why no happy ending?! (Or at least more than 3 seconds worth of happy to try and offset 2-3 eps of harshness.)
I'm going to bed.

They can be better than happy endings if tastefully done. Despite saying that, I can't think of one good example, go me.

Emitan

Well right now I'm watching Sekirei, only one episode left of the first season. After that I was going to watch Dog Days or some other furry anime that Billiechu said to watch.
Uh... I PM'd you a recommendation from Hitokage. I have no idea what it is or if that's what you mean. I've never watched a furry anime.

I know that feeling all too well... retail by any chance?

Work in the deli at a grocery store.

Madao

i lurked GAF back in 2005 and registered much later. the thing that stopped me initially was the hole banning thing since it looked like juniors got banned very easily.

heh i never had to work at retail. i dodged a bullet.

my day ended bad yesterday since my car's fan broke. now i need a new one (had to borrow my brother's car today)

Late to answer (sorry K-ON GAF) but had NBC's live stream on my 360 while playing some random VITA/3DS stuff, then sleepy time. And for some reason I'm still sleepy.

i lurked GAF back in 2005 and registered much later. the thing that stopped me initially was the hole banning thing since it looked like juniors got banned very easily.

my day ended bad yesterday since my car's fan broke. now i need a new one (had to borrow my brother's car today)
The whole banning juniors thing kinda spurred me to post a lot. I was member'd pretty quickly.
Late to answer (sorry K-ON GAF) but had NBC's live stream on my 360 while playing some random VITA/3DS stuff, then sleepy time. And for some reason I'm still sleepy.
Nothing late about that!
oc0ga.gif

Work in the deli at a grocery store.

I did that for a couple of summers while I was in college. Wasn't actually that bad.

I pretty much lurked for a really long time before starting posting. Found GAF to be a bit intimating/overwhelming for similar reasons. Then I found K-ON GAF and now all is right with the world. I like it here.

Retail sucks. I did that for about three years after I graduated from college due to a dismal job market. The worst was Rent A Center - working collections for them was truly soul crushing. That actually spurred me to move from Ohio to the DC area to find a better opportunity.

Esura

Banned
Grew up in a small town halfway between Toledo and Cleveland, and lived in Dayton for a couple of years. The latter was especially sucky. But at least there was no shortage of Walmarts :p.

Ah. I was born and raised in Cincinnati. I never been to the other parts of Ohio too much except for when I went to Dayton for a field trip back in the day.

They can be better than happy endings if tastefully done. Despite saying that, I can't think of one good example, go me.

I'm not saying they're bad :p It was just a major mind fuck, like, out of nowhere. Completely not expecting it. But still, I guess I kind of prefer plots/stories that mess with you and actually have an effect, cause it means you're actually invested in the characters, which is nice.

What show(s) are you talking about?

I watched all of Kamisama no memo-chou in the space of 2 nights. Just threw a bit of a curveball when
one of the main characters throws herself off the roof of the school cause she'd been drugged (which you don't find out till later.) She then spends all of the last 2 episodes in a coma. You get a 2 second shot of her opening her eye at the end, but it's still from nowhere :p

There have been quite a few others I've watched in the past year or so that have had completely random twists in them, but most of them were plot related.
I kind of like stuff like this to be honest, but it only ever evokes the right emotional response if you can actually get behind the characters. Pretty luckily, I haven't really came across any series where the character development has been terrible though.

Very true. And this is considering I was born there :p.

Wonder how the K-ON movie would have went if the girls decided (for some insane reason) to go to, say, Detroit instead of London.

Haha, the movie would have lasted about 20 minutes. Or it would have been survival horror or something.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
No, but I've been found out. Took longer than I thought it would. :lol

God forbid he finds out that watanabe might get me to play P4G, now that would be even more shocking.

P.S. Join us, jello

My mind is so full of fuck right now.

(That was actually the first time I saw Uraizen post on GAF.)

Top Bottom