• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Happy Thanksgiving, K-ON GAF!!

And with that, my attempt at a self-imposed Internet Radio Silence has already failed on the first day. That said, not much else to do here home alone besides my work that I've gotta make up.

And re-reading my manga.

And playing the new demos on my PS3 or playing all the other attractions on Nintendo Land in my Wii U.

And watching the rest of K-ON!! on Blu-ray.

I'm doomed.

~

Does anybody else here ever think about the English subtitles whenever one reads them as a scene plays out and notices spelling or grammatical errors? It bugs me a bit, but I kind of ignore it in the end because I understand the intent of the scene. It's almost like a little game being played in my mind, one of inference or something. Anyway, your thoughts?

Uraizen

Banned
Why must you taunt me so?

Because you started it!

trnhE.gif

I really could use some cute, happy videos right now.

Nyan dance again?

Does anybody else here ever think about the English subtitles whenever one reads them as a scene plays out and notices spelling or grammatical errors? It bugs me a bit, but I kind of ignore it in the end because I understand the intent of the scene. It's almost like a little game being played in my mind, one of inference or something. Anyway, your thoughts?

Well, I turn on subtitles for most things and do notice when the subtitles don't match up with what's currently being spoken. Does that count?

Uraizen

Banned
For those of you who are smart and stay away from Gaming side:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500933

Executive Summary:
Noon PST Friday on Amazon.com
PS Vita White WiFi + AC3 Liberation + 4 GB memory card + download voucher for Sony Smash Bros. + $10 credit towards AC3 360/PS3 + 3 months PS+
$179.99

Vita means Life
after death

I'm debating getting one just for Persona 4 Golden.

Apparently I'm not smart, but I'm smart enough to know that's a damned good deal. Remember, PSN+ has Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout, Jet Set Radio, etc. all for free right now. You'll definitely need a bigger memory card, but that's a really good deal.

cjkeats

I've bought two Vitas, I highly recommend it. Persona 4 is so good on it. My solid gold finally shipped like a few hours ago.
Also, the white Vita is sexy as all hell.

Kazzy

My copy of P4G still hasn't arrived,
despite sitting at the door like an expectant puppy.

Tomorrow, people, tomorrow!

Uraizen

Banned
I've bought two Vitas, I highly recommend it. Persona 4 is so good on it. My solid gold finally shipped like a few hours ago.

My copy of P4G still hasn't arrived,
despite sitting at the door like an expectant puppy.

Tomorrow, people, tomorrow!

Damn, you two are hyped, can I assume you two will be legally dead for a week? Also, can I show off my Thanksgiving dinner to cjkeats?

cjkeats

Uraizen

Banned
I saw, we should take our little food spat to the ring later ;)
I'll get stomped, I'm not good at fighting games
Here's a video of me getting whipped in the GAF tournament

Yu vs Yu is always lulz, but man, 'dat Oki. Looked annoying as hell to deal with. Hope you enjoy fighting an Akihiko/Aigis. Jello will probably be joining us if twitter is any indication. Given how you played, I might have to refresh my memory on some BnBs.

I hate you so much.

8v1SU.gif

Looks very tasty :)

Danke.

cjkeats

Yu vs Yu is always lulz, but man, 'dat Oki. Looked annoying as hell to deal with. Hope you enjoy fighting an Akihiko/Aigis. Jello will probably be joining us if twitter is any indication. Given how you played, I might have to refresh my memory on some BnBs.

Oh there's more. Beats went on to win the tournament, and another fun fact, I played in the Giant Bomb tournament on launch week and got knocked out in the first round, the guy who beat me went on to win that tournament there too. So I'm blaming it on bad starting bracket luck. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

I was so hyped for the game because I love Persona so much, and I was going to use it as an intro to fighting games and get in the community. I bought two copies of the game(one for each console) and even two fight sticks. I still have't used the 360 stick and the ps3 one is just a permeant remote.

Uraizen

Banned
I was so hyped for the game because I love Persona so much, and I was going to use it as an intro to fighting games and get in the community. I bought two copies of the game(one for each console) and even two fight sticks. I still have't used the 360 stick and the ps3 one is just a permeant remote.

This would probably be the one to do it with since it's pretty easy to get into. The game seems to be very shallow, imo, but that doesn't mean it still can't be fun. I sure as hell can't go wrong with $30, but you better believe I'll drop it the absolute moment BBCP arrives. If you play more than just P4A, I'll make sure that stick of yours gets one hell of a workout.
Oh my.

EDIT: Odd, I don't see you going for lows. That doesn't give him any reason to block low, ever. Do you just keep using his auto-combo? I didn't see you using his 2B in block string pressure either along with his Persona's low, which is what I see every Yu do, I think?

cjkeats

This would probably be the one to do it with since it's pretty easy to get into. The game seems to be very shallow, imo, but that doesn't mean it still can't be fun. I sure as hell can't go wrong with $30, but you better believe I'll drop it the absolute moment BBCP arrives.

I've got two of the BB games, CT on 360 I bought to prepare for P4A, because I figured they'd be simliar, but got called away on business the next day, so I grabbed what ever one was on Vita for the plane, ended up not playing much because my Evangelion DVD's arrived just before I left for the airport and I brought them with me too and watched them during the trip. It was the same trip I started watching K-on! and thus, returned to anime with a hunger for everything I missed in the last 5-7 years.

I'll make sure that stick of yours gets one hell of a workout.

I'm flattered you feel that way.

EDIT: Odd, I don't see you going for lows. That doesn't give him any reason to block low, ever. Do you just keep using his auto-combo? I didn't see you using his 2B in block string pressure either along with his Persona's low, which is what I see every Yu do, I think?

See, what happens is, I get smacked around and I panic, start mashing auto-combo hoping for an opening, once that hits, I take a second to think and try some other stuff.
Also, I'm bad at fighting games and half of what you just said was russian.

Uraizen

Banned
I've got two of the BB games, CT on 360 I bought to prepare for P4A, because I figured they'd be simliar, but got called away on business the next day, so I grabbed what ever one was on Vita for the plane, ended up not playing much because my Evangelion DVD's arrived just before I left for the airport and I brought them with me too and watched them during the trip. It was the same trip I started watching K-on! and thus, returned to anime with a hunger for everything I missed in the last 5-7 years.

CT to prepare for P4A? Ouch, they're nothing alike, but I guess you know that now. I always thought the main appeal of P4A was just the fact it has Persona characters. That opinion still has not changed, but for $30... why the hell not.

I'm flattered you feel that way.

I won't give just anybody's stick a workout.

UDaEP.gif

See, what happens is, I get smacked around and I panic, start mashing auto-combo hoping for an opening, once that hits, I take a second to think and try some other stuff.
Also, I'm bad at fighting games and half of what you just said was russian.

If you're willing to voice chat, I am more than willing to explain anything and everything you could want to know. I'm a talkative little bastard and love chatting up a storm.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

The blue one is sexier.

Yeah, sure, why not.

That looks perverted.

Madao

Sawa-chan is the master of the flash step.

in my country, there's no such thing as thanksgiving, so for me it's been a normal week sprinkled with Wii U stuff (though i didn't use it today because i was playing MK7 and Crashmo)

I'm bad with spelling and grammar, so I usually never catch it unless I look a screen cap of it or something. And it's not like I know Japanese either.
Thread needs more Nodoka.
That reminds me, I drew something esterday, but since it was for someone I probably shouldn't just post it here. Unless that someone would stop lurking and post it/give the blessing.
Sawa-chan is the master of the flash step.

in my country, there's no such thing as thanksgiving, so for me it's been a normal week sprinkled with Wii U stuff (though i didn't use it today because i was playing MK7 and Crashmo)
You could always eat some turkey anyways.

cjkeats

CT to prepare for P4A? Ouch, they're nothing alike, but I guess you know that now.

They were both Arc systems 2d fighters. *shrug*

If you're willing to voice chat, I am more than willing to explain anything and everything you could want to know. I'm a talkative little bastard and love chatting up a storm.

One of these days. It's gotten busy at work. Also, I don't think I have a mic for PS3 because I've never actually played online outside of P4A.

Someone out there with Animal Crossing 3DS has gone to great lengths to recreate some familiar scenery...

I can't wait for this game. That's quite an attention to detail.

I ate too much turkey again this year. I'm just sitting here half in a coma wondering why Mark Sanchez is like the worst NFL QB on Earth.

No turkey for me (vegetarian) but plenty of other food. And some excellent wine. Had a good time with the fam yesterday :). Today it's phone shopping for my mom on the schedule.

Yep, the Jets' performance was pretty lol-worthy. So was Rex Ryan's press conference explaining the whole mess :p. I do sympathize with you though...I'm a Browns fan, and have had to put up with the likes of Derek Anderson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Garcia and Tim Couch (among others) over the years. Well, that's just since '99...

I saw, we should take our little food spat to the ring later ;)
I'll get stomped, I'm not good at fighting games
Here's a video of me getting whipped in the GAF tournament.

We should certainly play sometime after I get home next week...you'll be pleased to know that I'm way out of practice and terrible.

untitled-18xzr84.gif

Too funny.

Seeing this in .gif format I just can't help but keep watching and laughing :p

Saw a pic you had on twitter with the white vita in it...I kinda want one now. Does look sexy indeed :D

I'm both! and I was always terrible, but now I'm terrible and out of practice!

That's what'll makes this more fun :D.

Kazzy

That reminds me, I drew something yesterday, but since it was for someone I probably shouldn't just post it here. Unless that someone would stop lurking and post it/give the blessing.

Well, since you asked so nicely:

KOQVD.gif

I don't know how my mind works, either.

I grabbed that Vita bundle even though I still don't know what the hell I'm going to do with a Vita. I'm not that motivated to listen to the English voices in P4G.

Does anyone know where I can get a memory card and not be horribly ripped off? $80 for a 32 GB memory card, Sony really does hate us. :(

Top Bottom