• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

LayLa

I have no idea why this made me laugh so much. What is it from?!

yeh watch Joshiraku, it's written by the same guy who did Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei - there are a few K-On references too!

I grabbed that Vita bundle even though I still don't know what the hell I'm going to do with a Vita. I'm not that motivated to listen to the English voices in P4G.

Does anyone know where I can get a memory card and not be horribly ripped off? $80 for a 32 GB memory card, Sony really does hate us. :(

i'm in the same boat, ordered the amazon.de Vita deal (£121! thats like £79 cheaper than normal!) and now trying to figure out if 4GB is doable or if 16GB is the way to go - i will not be buying much retail stuff, mainly PS+.

Kazzy

16GB is manageable, 4GB is just asking for trouble. That could handle about 1 normal sized Vita game, maybe. And even if you buy the boxed version (like I do), you'll still need room for PSP games and the like.

Uraizen

Banned
BlazBlue alone is over 3GB, my 8GB card just isn't cutting it. I have only three games on it and it's full. A 4GB card is going to be destroyed on day one.

LayLa

If i'm downloading and playing one game at a time from PS+ it shouldn't be a problem though?
are there any games over 4GB?

Kazzy

God damn, I'm slipping, too long without cool art. Must restore the natural order:

Ynwjm.jpg

I too, will one day fulfill my dream of having a Sgt. Peppers costume.

Considering that you can draw clear parallels between the personalities of HTT and The Beatles (which I always thought was pretty cool), the colours of the uniforms don't match up right in that picture.

Mugi should be the opposite to George Harrison. Red.

LayLa

Nah, you should be fine then, just don't forget to "purchase" them all before they get taken down. Not that I know of, retail games are usually between 1.5GB to 2.5GB.

thanks for the info. here's a picture of some official xmas merchandise in exchange!

MrNdM.jpg

Kazzy

Fuck that. The JP voice cast of P4G features Rie Kugimiya and Kana Hanazawa!

And? I've heard plenty of that cast, and I don't like their respective versions of the characters. Rise isn't as likeable, and Teddie just sounds like a dick.

Having not played P4G, I have no idea what Marie sounds like.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
And? I've heard plenty of that cast, and I don't like their respective versions of the characters. Rise isn't as likeable, and Teddie just sounds like a dick.

Having not played P4G, I have no idea what Marie sounds like.

I wouldn't say he sounds like a dick, but his JP voice IS annoying as fuck.

Then again, any character who has some little quirk about saying the same thing at the end of every line they speak is annoying as fuck.

Joshiraku. You should watch it.

Cool, thanks guys :) I shall certainly look into getting hold of it.

yeh watch Joshiraku, it's written by the same guy who did Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei - there are a few K-On references too!

I started watching this a while ago, but for some reason I stopped. I think the art style was way different than what I was used to?
I'll have to watch this through too! I have a lot of free time when I'm not in college :p

4ekTpl.jpg

God damn, I'm slipping, too long without cool art. Must restore the natural order:

Considering that you can draw clear parallels between the personalities of HTT and The Beatles (which I always thought was pretty cool), the colours of the uniforms don't match up right in that picture.

Mugi should be the opposite to George Harrison. Red.
I've always been a fan of that picture.
thanks for the info. here's a picture of some official xmas merchandise in exchange!

MrNdM.jpg
Those are great. I wonder how much they'd be.

Manga spoilers, etc.

I think a lot of people might be disappointed
since Azusa never sees the other four again in the manga. =(

The manga ended pretty abruptly though. Had it continued, maybe that would have happened.

I ended up canceling my Vita order. I already have a DS and PSP sitting in a drawer gathering dust. In the end I couldn't come up with a justifiable use case to spend $180 + $80 for a 32 GB memory card, I just wouldn't play the damn thing. It would be just throwing money away for me. ;_;

Uraizen

Banned
The manga ended pretty abruptly though. Had it continued, maybe that would have happened.

That's what I don't understand, if it's such a big money maker then why would they end it so abruptly? I was waiting the entire time for that to happen.

I ended up canceling my Vita order. I already have a DS and PSP sitting in a drawer gathering dust. In the end I couldn't come up with a justifiable use case to spend $180 + $80 for a 32 GB memory card, I just wouldn't play the damn thing. It would be just throwing money away for me. ;_;

Shame.

Kazzy

I ended up cancelling my Vita order. I already have a DS and PSP sitting in a drawer gathering dust. In the end I couldn't come up with a justifiable use case to spend $180 + $80 for a 32 GB memory card, I just wouldn't play the damn thing. It would be just throwing money away for me. ;_;

Boo!

Here is a concelation gift:

r46q9.png

The way it should be.
Obviously for in preperation of the next season!

I certainly hope so!

:(. But understandable.

I'm thinking about getting one, but to be honest, I'll probably just wait a year or so until the price drops to a reasonable one.
I'm also thinking about picking up a DS second hand or something, I just wanna play the newer pokemans :D

Oh, look at that, L4D2 is on sale for $5 ... again.
And I paid full price for it less than two weeks ago!
tumblr_lh1gl7D2Es1qe0mf4o1_400.gif

You guys should get some characters started in Vindictus. My Fiona is already level 17 after like 3 days of play!

The game is F2P, and as with most F2Ps, you can pay money for cosmetic stuff. I've been thinking of grinding out some free NX at the Nexon site for cosmetic stuff like hairstyle.

That's what I don't understand, if it's such a big money maker then why would they end it so abruptly? I was waiting the entire time for that to happen.

He probably just didn't want to do K-ON! anymore. If anything, the only reason he came back to it in the first place seems to be because it was such a hit.

You guys should get some characters started in Vindictus. My Fiona is already level 17 after like 3 days of play!

The game is F2P, and as with most F2Ps, you can pay money for cosmetic stuff. I've been thinking of grinding out some free NX at the Nexon site for cosmetic stuff like hairstyle.

D=

What's it like for hackers? I used to play Combat Arms, which is also Nexon, and that was horrendous for them.
Obviously its an RPG? What's the deal with it? Gimmie a synopsis type thing? :D

Uraizen

Banned
And I paid full price for it less than two weeks ago!

But... why?

I played that for an entire 9 minutes before I decided to delete it.
I needed room for Max Payne 3, good lord, what a glutton of a game.

He probably just didn't want to do K-ON! anymore. If anything, the only reason he came back to it in the first place seems to be because it was such a hit.

Still, would have been nice if it happened.

D=

What's it like for hackers? I used to play Combat Arms, which is also Nexon, and that was horrendous for them.
Obviously its an RPG? What's the deal with it? Gimmie a synopsis type thing? :D

It's pretty much like playing Phantasy Star Online. You meet people in a shared lobby, then you start a party and go with up to 4 people into an instanced dungeon. The dungeons are procedurally generated out of pre-made pieces and mobs spawn there. You beat the shit out of them and take their stuff. Then you run through it until you reach the boss, beat the shit out of him, and take his stuff. Repeat until you're level capped or don't want to anymore.

The combat is based on comboing your basic attack into smash attacks, you can pick up almost anything and use it to bash the mobs, there's a dodge skill like in Tera, and the bosses are pretty fun in terms of figuring out their patterns and learning to avoid them. Or, you can just pick up bits of the environment and chuck them at the boss to stagger them and then whale on them until they get up.

I'll dl it and give it a try, at least.

Deadly

Early levels go by fast. Later on it's a painful grind.

Still, would have been nice if it happened.
It's nice to want things.
It would have been nice, so would another season.
Chet, Kandrick, I don't know if you want to use these but here:

OcQQs.png
VGN9u.png

That's lovely, but I took an oath that I'd only use avatars that I've personally drawn on GAF.
But I'll save this and maybe use it somewhere else. Otherwise, someone else could use it.
Any one?

Kazzy

That's lovely, but I took an oath that I'd only use avatars that I've personally drawn on GAF.
But I'll save this and maybe use it somewhere else. Otherwise, someone else could use it.
Any one?

I might just use it, seeing I've lost the rights to the Mugi one!

EDIT: Nope. He changed. Well I guess chickdigger802 did me a favour. If you're reading this, I wasn't being serious! But thanks anyway.

Madao

i haven't decided what to do to my mugi for chistmas. i suck at editing so i'd have to ask someone to edit the avatar or would need to look for an appropiate one.

better to end it like that if he was tired of it. it would have been worse if the series suffered Dragon Ball's fate.

This does make me want to draw a festive avatar though.
better to end it like that if he was tired of it. it would have been worse if the series suffered Dragon Ball's fate.

Kakifly did say at the end to look forward to his next comic, so he might have something new in the works.

Top Bottom