• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kazzy

i haven't decided what to do to my mugi for chistmas. i suck at editing so i'd have to ask someone to edit the avatar or would need to look for an appropiate one.

Use the Mugi one I have!

3dATe.png

If I really want to use one, I'll use Mio.
Which I'm sure will please, Chet!

Madao

This does make me want to draw a festive avatar though.

Kakifly did say at the end to look forward to his next comic, so he might have something new in the works.

ah i see. looks like he might want to do something different for a change.
imagine if he jumped the shark and gave the girls boyfriends...

Kazzy

better to end it like that if he was tired of it. it would have been worse if the series suffered Dragon Ball's fate.

As much I love certain series/franchises, I'm always glad when they aren't simply left to go down the drain. That said, I'm always confident that KyoAni can retain their deft touch when it comes to handling adaptations.

Not that I think another series will ever materialize, mind you.

Oh glorious talk about Parappa and Um Jammer Lammy, imagine if there was a K-ON! video game where you played through scenes of the anime as a musical where they sang/rapped/played through the levels?! JUST IMAGINE!!!

Kazzy

Oh glorious talk about Parappa and Um Jammer Lammy, imagine if there was a K-ON! video game where you played through scenes of the anime as a musical where they sang/rapped/played through the levels?! JUST IMAGINE!!!

I'm thinking more Gitaroo Man, minus the frustration.

I have Um Jammer Lammy on my Vita,
the price for Parappa is extortionate.

I'd just like a new K-ON! game. Any kind of game would do.

SEGA.

They should just make a visual novel.

KNzFy.gif

I'm thinking more Gitaroo Man, minus the frustration.

I have Um Jammer Lammy on my Vita,
the price for Parappa is extortionate.

They should just make a visual novel.

KNzFy.gif

WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE SPRITES?! I know they're from the desktop accessory set but I can't pull those assets out (besides the voice clips, my iPhone is the most Yui'd phone I've ever used) because I'm on a Mac. ;;>_>

Man, Parappa is such a ripoff on PSP, I wish they had just put the first game's PSone version on the network.

And speaking of Sega, I wish they would just do a final, end-all be-all K-ON! game that has every song ever in there and graphics that are like the latest Project Diva f/F title. Alas...

o4GrB.gif

Do the extra episodes or movie give any insight what happens to the club or the characters? Despite the whole episode building up to it, the actual ending was pretty damn sudden.

If by what happens to them you mean after their graduation, not any more than the what you already know. That Yui, Mio, Ritsu, and Mugi all get into the same college and Jun and Ui join Azusa in the club for their senior year.
Though the extra episodes are good, you need to watch them. The last one directly links up with the movie too.

OceanBlue

If the last episode drops you down fast, the extra episodes pick you back up and the movie gives you a pillow to land on. They're definitely worth watching if you enjoyed the series, the movie especially.

The movie is definitely made with the fans of the series in mind. It stands on it's own too of course, but I think overall you'd enjoy it more if you've seen all of K-ON!! before.

It's pretty much like playing Phantasy Star Online. You meet people in a shared lobby, then you start a party and go with up to 4 people into an instanced dungeon. The dungeons are procedurally generated out of pre-made pieces and mobs spawn there. You beat the shit out of them and take their stuff. Then you run through it until you reach the boss, beat the shit out of him, and take his stuff. Repeat until you're level capped or don't want to anymore.

The combat is based on comboing your basic attack into smash attacks, you can pick up almost anything and use it to bash the mobs, there's a dodge skill like in Tera, and the bosses are pretty fun in terms of figuring out their patterns and learning to avoid them. Or, you can just pick up bits of the environment and chuck them at the boss to stagger them and then whale on them until they get up.

A typical Korean game, then. Fortunately it's free, so you can pretty much advance at your own pace without a monthly sub hanging over your head.

I'll probably pick it up at some point :) I've just bought Sins of a Solar Empire for real cheap though, so I'm probably gonna hammer that for a while after I finish TR:Underworld.

Kazzy

Today was a good day, I got all my swag! I got those key-chains too, I was surprised at just how small they are.

whtxK.jpg

This is for all the P4G box-shots that I had to stare at over the past couple of days!

Esura

Banned
I was gonna get Paper Mario today but something stopped me.

It was weird. I went to the register at Gamestop ready to purchase it but I was like, fuck it I'm going by home and hit up the backlog.

Esura

Banned
The backlog is an eternal thing for me. :|

At this point I have no plans to ever finish them. Many games I bought because of sales and all that so my shelves are packed with games I had no intentions of really playing anyway but bought due to hype. I guess I could try Resonance of Fate again...

Also, cute avatar.

Is this covered in the extra episodes/movie or did I miss something? I remember Jun mentioning joining at the end of an episode but I don't remember anything else happening or being said about that and I don't recall Ui talking about joining at all.
Oh right, that actually does come up in episode 26. The real last episode besides the OVA that foreshadows the movie.
If they do make a new season at some point, I hope they make Ui stay playing the organ.
Today was a good day, I got all my swag! I got those key-chains too, I was surprised at just how small they are.
Awesome! And they'd have to be small in order for them to be key chains. Take 'em out so I can see them!
I was gonna get Paper Mario today but something stopped me.

It was weird. I went to the register at Gamestop ready to purchase it but I was like, fuck it I'm going by home and hit up the backlog.
:|

Esura

Banned
Speaking of a backlog, I need to take pictures of my Black Friday pick-ups when they get here.
Whatcha get?

Well, I want to play it but I had a change of heart. Along with Paper Mario I was getting Sleeping Dogs too. I guess I stopped because I'm trying to force myself to finish FFV and if I got one of those games FFV would of been in the backlog, never to reemerge again. Wish I could spend time with just one damn game that isn't grindy. :(

Metrotab

Banned
What's Kimikiss about?

Romance anime that tosses out the rulebook. I'm seriously impressed with how different this show is.

Things as
bro character getting his own romance
parallel romance told from girl perspective
secondary girl helping her love interest with someone else
, and lots of other things.

It's like a genuine soap series, in a two cour anime form.

Uraizen

Banned

Uh oh.

iInGk.gif

Whatcha get?

Max Payne 3 + Season Pass, Dead or Alive 5, Persona 4 Arena, Dishonored, Gran Turismo 5 XL, God of War Saga
Sorry, Kandrick, I'm weak
, Mark of the Ninja, Music Unlimited sub for PSN+, Sleeping Dogs, K-On!! part 2 (gift), Cave Story+ (gift), and that's all I can remember at the moment. I spent so much that my card is now locked for a week, but luckily everything went through before that, hah!

EDIT: And Mugi/Ritsu is best couple. Their date episode seals it.

Mio/Ritsu.

Top Bottom