• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Kazzy

MugiAzusa > MugiRitsu

Azusa seems to often be in awe of Mugi, both in the manga and the anime. I even highlighted as much in one of my episode impressions, and it's something that was overt in its presentation. Azusa always sees the rest of the group as a curiousity, particuarly Mugi and Yui, who often satiate that need.

But Mugi being such an affable character, these sort of things tend to come easily. And it's easy to see why these pairings are made.

Summary: MugiEveryone

patapuf

Azusa seems to often be in awe of Mugi, both in the manga and the anime. I even highlighted as much in one of my episode impressions, and it's something that was overt in its presentation. Azusa always sees the rest of the group as a curiousity, particuarly Mugi and Yui, who often satiate that need.

But Mugi being such an affable character, these sort of things tend to come easily. And it's easy to see why these pairings are made.

Summary: MugiEveryone

Mugi does loves everyone, so much she likes to observe from the sidelines.

Mugi does loves everyone, so much she likes to observe from the sidelines.

I've watched K-ON through about 4 times, and I'm still not sure what to make of this..

Yeah, I watched the extra episodes earlier today and it's nice that they actually show that at least instead of just leaving it open ended or something. And thanks for answering the questions I always seem to have whenever I post in this thread.
I think I'm gonna take a look at the movie later and then I guess I'm done with the series.

You'll probably love the movie. And though you may be done with the series, the series will never be done with you.

Madao

if i let my backlog stop me from buying new games, i think i would have missed a decade of gaming.
lately, i've been cheating the backlog and selling games i never completed. so far, i got rid of N64 and GBC games i didn't have finished. next in line is GBA backlog but i think i'll actually finish those games instead of selling them (for GC, i have all my games beaten except one but that one is short apparently)

i dunno if it is a coincidence but i usually like the "unpopular" girls in shows i watch or games i play.

Uraizen

Banned
Mugi-vision is yuri goggles. More overt in the manga, or so I'm told. I never read the manga.

I don't know why I thought it was a good idea, but I decided to search "Mugi yuri vision" on google.

0InM5.gif

Yup, none of that is SFW.

Going to spoiler tag a bit in case some don't want to read...
Broke up with my gf of the last year today...it was never going to work in the long run, but that didn't make this any easier. Still feeling bummed, but just catching up with K-ON GAF is always good for a pick me up. I haven't been here long but you all have been great peeps

Summary...life can suck sometimes but K-ON GAF is always the bestest :).

3Wwum.jpg

One and a half episodes left before my Blu-ray collection is all watched up. Now that I've completed the main anime, I loaded up the entirety of the second HTT album onto my iPhone to listen to.

Funny story: I've had this image as my iPhone wallpaper for a while now. One day my mom just decided to pick up my iPhone to check out because she wanted to see how it compared to her own phone, and she saw the wallpaper and went,
"Oh, is the one in the middle the mother of the other two?"

;;>_>

I keep going further and further down the hole, or chasm more like, that is credit card debt. Do I just go and buy the Japanese Blu-ray for the K-ON! movie or wait out a localization announcement? When's the next western anime convention expo event thingie?

cjkeats

Broke up with my gf of the last year today...it was never going to work in the long run, but that didn't make this any easier. Still feeling bummed, but just catching up with K-ON GAF is always good for a pick me up. I haven't been here long but you all have been great peeps

I know all about that duder, I'm still cleaning up some a messy break up from 2-3 years ago. Best advice I have is to stay strong and don't turn to alcohol. I had a bad little phase drinking alone in the basement a few months ago, and it wasn't for the better. Lots of ugly text messages, and even some neoGAF posts.
Just look at the positives and remember that it's for the best. You can always talk to K-onGAF(or at least me) anytime. It's helps to have someone to listen, my problem was that I had no one to listen to me.

Uraizen

Banned

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/3Wwum.jpg?1[/IMG]

Sigh, it always feels like it's right around the Holidays, doesn't it? As long as you have friends to fall back on and help fill that void, all should be well. You are more than free to contact me if you ever need to, okay? Being alone for break-ups suck.

liLcp.gif

I keep going further and further down the hole, or chasm more like, that is credit card debt. Do I just go and buy the Japanese Blu-ray for the K-ON! movie or wait out a localization announcement?

Wait; I can only imagine how much it would cost to import.

Emitan

I'm sorry to hear about that. I only dated once and it was awful so take solace in the fact you've had better relationships than me...

Also my dating pool is way smaller :(

Yeah, I watched the extra episodes earlier today and it's nice that they actually show that at least instead of just leaving it open ended or something. And thanks for answering the questions I always seem to have whenever I post in this thread.
I think I'm gonna take a look at the movie later and then I guess I'm done with the series.
No problem. And there's always the manga that takes place after K-ON!! with the originals in college and Azusa's senior year.
Mugi-vision is yuri goggles. More overt in the manga, or so I'm told. I never read the manga.
vhojR.jpg

One and a half episodes left before my Blu-ray collection is all watched up. Now that I've completed the main anime, I loaded up the entirety of the second HTT album onto my iPhone to listen to.

Funny story: I've had this image as my iPhone wallpaper for a while now. One day my mom just decided to pick up my iPhone to check out because she wanted to see how it compared to her own phone, and she saw the wallpaper and went,
"Oh, is the one in the middle the mother of the other two?"

;;>_>
Well, Mugi does seem kinda small compared to Mio there...
I keep going further and further down the hole, or chasm more like, that is credit card debt. Do I just go and buy the Japanese Blu-ray for the K-ON! movie or wait out a localization announcement? When's the next western anime convention expo event thingie?
You could bet money Sentai is going to get the rights for the movie. I say wait.
Ritsu would probably be more popular if her hair was down as the default design.
Then there would be two Yuis

I've always liked the way she had her hair done for the class play. But really, I think the reason she's not as popular as the other girls has more to do with how she acts than what she looks like.
Though maybe she would have been more popular if Azusa wasn't there. If you know what I mean.

Uraizen

Banned
I've always liked the way she had her hair done for the class play. But really, I think the reason she's not as popular as the other girls has more to do with how she acts than what she looks like.
Though maybe she would have been more popular if Azusa wasn't there. If you know what I mean.

But that's why I like her so much. She's energetic, happy, funny, sarcastic, likes to tease Mio, etc. What's not to like?

But that's why I like her so much. She's energetic, happy, funny, sarcastic, likes to tease Mio, etc. What's not to like?

I meant in general. Her tomboy attitude isn't what most otaku seem to like. I'm not trying to discredit you or anyone else that loves Ritsu.

Speaking of characters that viewers latch onto, for all the hype that she got, Himeko Tachibana (a.k.a. Girl Who Sits Next To Yui) didn't really get much attention after the initial memetic boom from season 2. I guess it's the nature of the thing to just keep it low-key rather than try to spin her off as some big thing just because a vocal minority out there makes some noise, huh? One example I liked was when they were counting up the votes for who'd be Romeo in the play and she got a few.

It's also her design in general I guess. Nice hair.

fTWI9.jpg

And of course, super kudos to KyoAni for going beyond the call of duty in designing every class member of 3-2!!

Madao

that fact makes sense.

i like my women strong and independent. no wonder which ones are my favorite characters.

i dislike most otaku tendencies. even the term is something i'd never call myself. there's a guy i know that calls himself an otaku and i just cringe each time i hear it.

Hmm, alright, what do Otaku usually like then?
lolis Azusa.
Someone call me when K-on movie gifs aren't spoiler-worthy.
Have you looked at this page yet?
Speaking of characters that viewers latch onto, for all the hype that she got, Himeko Tachibana (a.k.a. Girl Who Sits Next To Yui) didn't really get much attention after the initial memetic boom from season 2. I guess it's the nature of the thing to just keep it low-key rather than try to spin her off as some big thing just because a vocal minority out there makes some noise, huh? One example I liked was when they were counting up the votes for who'd be Romeo in the play and she got a few.

It's also her design in general I guess. Nice hair.

And of course, super kudos to KyoAni for going beyond the call of duty in designing every class member of 3-2!!
Mio's doppelganger is the best classmate!

Metrotab

Banned
Western appreciation of characters seems to be more diverse than Japanese otaku, who are content celebrating the same archetype over and over again.

All based on hearsay and those polls, ofcourse.

Kazzy

lolis Azusa.

Have you looked at this page yet?

Mio's doppelganger is the best classmate!

As for background characters, I like and the girl from library (Akiyo), she even gets a more contextualized reason for her fandom,
running off to see the early morning concert in the movie.
She also appears briefly in their recruitment video, a fan in the shadows!

And people seemed to like Ichigo too, didn't they? The (almost) mute shtick!

Esura

Banned
Romance anime that tosses out the rulebook. I'm seriously impressed with how different this show is.

Things as
bro character getting his own romance
parallel romance told from girl perspective
secondary girl helping her love interest with someone else
, and lots of other things.

It's like a genuine soap series, in a two cour anime form.

Damn, I got to get on that.

Max Payne 3 + Season Pass, Dead or Alive 5, Persona 4 Arena, Dishonored, Gran Turismo 5 XL, God of War Saga
Sorry, Kandrick, I'm weak
, Mark of the Ninja, Music Unlimited sub for PSN+, Sleeping Dogs, K-On!! part 2 (gift), Cave Story+ (gift), and that's all I can remember at the moment. I spent so much that my card is now locked for a week, but luckily everything went through before that, hah!

How is Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs? Was thinking about either those or Borderlands 1 and 2. I never finished the first Borderlands cause I got bored but lets see whats up now.

As for background characters, I like and the girl from library (Akiyo), she even gets a more contextualized reason for her fandom,
running off to see the early morning concert in the movie.
She also appears briefly in their recruitment video, a fan in the shadows!

And people seemed to like Ichigo too, didn't they? The (almost) mute shtick!
YeahI kinda like her too.
Poyunch seemed to have had a appropriate gif but seemed to have deleted it... Anyways, Ichigo is kinda popular, but nowhere near as popular as Himeko. She's crazy popular for being just a background character. Probably because she's a softball player, if you know what I mean.
Sawa-chan/Harem is the only option.

sawakonakedinbedwitheveryone.jpg

Kazzy

YeahI kinda like her too.
Poyunch seemed to have had a appropriate gif but seemed to have deleted it... Anyways, Ichigo is kinda popular, but nowhere near as popular as Himeko. She's crazy popular for being just a background character. Probably because she's a softball player, if you know what I mean.

Well, she does appear quite often, and being friends with Yui doesn't hurt, either.

Now seems like as good a time as any to post these:

Uraizen

Banned

Younger sisters!

Characters that are submissive, that they can 'take care' of.

Mio.

lolis Azusa.

Young loli sisters that need to be taken care of. Got it.

Someone call me when K-on movie gifs aren't spoiler-worthy.

I've been using them regularly...?

How is Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs? Was thinking about either those or Borderlands 1 and 2. I never finished the first Borderlands cause I got bored but lets see whats up now.

I haven't received Dishonored yet, but Sleeping Dogs is pretty good. It's like GTA, but fun.

sawakonakedinbedwitheveryone.jpg

With the entire class?

I FOUND IT!!

.... and for blatantly obvious reasons relating to the actual content of the picture will not be postingithereillbeinmybunk.

tIvOy.gif

Just apparently not as popular, which confuses me a bit considering, well... BOOBS!

Well, it depends on the show and character really. Like in Gurren Lagann I'm pretty positive that Yoko is far more popular than Nia.
Do you really think I'm going to show you the Sawako pic here?

Uraizen

Banned
Well, it depends on the show and character really. Like in Gurren Lagann I'm pretty positive that Yoko is far more popular than Nia.
Do you really think I'm going to show you the Sawako pic here?

The boobs just have to be very revealing then?

Well, I was expecting something more along the lines of a PM.

Top Bottom