• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
If I get the limited edition (likely, seeing as I adore MGS), I would probably be willing to sell you the one that comes with it.

That's sweet of you to make that offer, but I actually want the black one more. Then again... ahh, I'm so indecisive. If you ever do decide to sell it, feel free to give me first dibs if you want.
I'm not even an MGS fan, I dislike the series. I'm just a fan of PG's games and would love a piece of merchandise from their game.

You need to get yourself a Ritsu figure.

Maybe one day, but today is not that day.

Maybe one day, but today is not that day.

GNi49.jpg

Aaagghh, what the hell?! Looking on amazon at K-ON figures out of curiosity...
£106 for the Swimsuit Yui figure. Quite a lot of the other ones seem to be going for around that too, but the RoMio/JuRitsu and some others are pretty cheap, so I'm kind of tempted.

The 1/8th Ui with a mini Yui is so damn cute though.

Uraizen

Banned

SWMcb.gif

ERO CHET!

The one thing stopping me from buying one is probably me getting harassed for it. I don't want to have to hide it, but I also don't want to hear any complaints about it. Maybe next year, but I don't think it's a good idea at the moment. Getting one of Raiden and getting one of Ritsu are on two completely different levels of harassment, yeesh.

Aaagghh, what the hell?! Looking on amazon at K-ON figures out of curiosity...
£106 for the Swimsuit Yui figure. Quite a lot of the other ones seem to be going for around that too, but the RoMio/JuRitsu and some others are pretty cheap, so I'm kind of tempted.

The 1/8th Ui with a mini Yui is so damn cute though.
I know the beach queens figures are long since out of print, so they're going to be expensive pretty much everywhere. The RoMio and JuRitsu prize figures are from this year so you should be able to find them pretty much anywhere for relatively cheap.
ERO CHET!

The one thing stopping me from buying one is probably me getting harassed for it. I don't want to have to hide it, but I also don't want to hear any complaints about it. Maybe next year, but I don't think it's a good idea at the moment. Getting one of Raiden and getting one of Ritsu are on two completely different levels of harassment, yeesh.

She's not naked. Nothing to be ashamed about that figure.

Uraizen

Banned
It was the only time I've ever swam in the ocean.
ZpIXR.gif

Odd, I've been here six years and never went to the beaches here despite living only an hour or two away from one. I've only ever been to a beach back when I lived in CA.

I'm going there in a few months apparently, or so my family keeps telling me
like they have been since I was ten

I just imagined you being like this year after year.

cjkeats

I just imagined you being like this year after year.

Revese it and it's 100% accurate. Up until recent years when I just laugh and say sure, and then they take off somewhere without me.
I've vowed that when I finish school and I'm a millionaire, I'm going on vacation every two months and not taking one of them.

Uraizen

Banned
Revese it and it's 100% accurate. Up until recent years when I just laugh and say sure, and then they take off somewhere without me.
I've vowed that when I finish school and I'm a millionaire, I'm going on vacation every two months and not taking one of them.

I was picturing something along the lines of, "We can't go this year, but we'll go next year!" I don't even remember the last time I went on a vacation.

Madao

that alligator looks happy.

last time i was at the beach was more than a year ago. i should go again when i get vacations in about 3 months.

Metrotab

Banned
My biggest issue with cosplay is how cheap the costumes often look. I can understand hobbyists wearing that stuff, but for photoshoots they could go the extra mile and actually make legitimate versions of the clothes. A real quality jacket, with a fine linen shirt, etc.

Make it look 'real'.

There's always those pre-made cosplay costume sets that they sell in Japan, I have no idea if they're officially licensed or if they're even of exceptional quality. Did anybody ever buy those or know anybody who bought them?

Seeing that figure talk up there, it made me wanna hunt down a Nendoroid or two, and holy crap those are expensive. It makes me wish that I had cottoned onto K-ON! years earlier and just bought em then rather than now with the massive price hikes. I can't help but be instantly suspicious of eBay sellers sourced in China or Hong Kong when they seem affordable, but they could be of dubious quality...

There's always those pre-made cosplay costume sets that they sell in Japan, I have no idea if they're officially licensed or if they're even of exceptional quality. Did anybody ever buy those or know anybody who bought them?

I'm pretty sure TBS shop has the uniform cosplay for sale, but that doesn't really mean they're high quality.
Seeing that figure talk up there, it made me wanna hunt down a Nendoroid or two, and holy crap those are expensive. It makes me wish that I had cottoned onto K-ON! years earlier and just bought em then rather than now with the massive price hikes. I can't help but be instantly suspicious of eBay sellers sourced in China or Hong Kong when they seem affordable, but they could be of dubious quality...

Don't trust them. Bootleg Nendoroids are very common, and like the name implies, are awful.

OceanBlue

Agreed. Bootleg Nendos are awful. I bought a few in China before I knew any better. One of them was completely missing paint on the back of the character's head.

I think they are trying to crash GAF over in the blatantly not-locked old Animu-GAF thread.

If it's a real problem, mods can delete posts. And the 20,000 mark is mostly just a point to try and not let threads become behemoths like they had in the past, not necessarily that's when they become a problem.

Sweet, I'm getting quizzed on all of Chapter 16 for Japanese tomorrow, and I'm not getting any sleep trying to cram everything into my head. I'm just glad I got one of my Art assignments out of the way.

God, so much more of "Persona 4: The K-ON!" is coming together now that Yu isn't directly socializing with HTT. Original ideas had him hanging with them either in the club or through circumstances that brought him to that city for his senior year at big school after the events of the anime adaptation of the game. While it's fun to try to come up with Persona forms to go with each member of HTT, just latching Yu into a scenario involving each member reeked in my head of Gary Stu-ism or self-insertion (given Yu's the player character in P4 the game). On the other hand, him hanging out with the others that K-ON never really focused on does give more freedom for whatever events unfold without shoehorning either party into the other's zone.

Wow. Okay, that should be the last of what I end up saying about this idea before Winter vacation when I actually have time to putting everything down. We'll see. >_>

To those who bought Nendoroids, did you get those diorama-type environment sets to put the figures in? There's a set or two that looks like a school club room. It looks nothing like the room from K-ON proper, but better than nothing, right?

To those who bought Nendoroids, did you get those diorama-type environment sets to put the figures in? There's a set or two that looks like a school club room. It looks nothing like the room from K-ON proper, but better than nothing, right?

The normal Mio only came with a stand and some props. The special stage versions of Mio and Ritsu came with a stage though. I was going to set it up and take pictures of it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I think I will tomorrow.

Esura

Banned
187 on an undercover cop.

I haven't received Dishonored yet, but Sleeping Dogs is pretty good. It's like GTA, but fun.

I had someone cover me at work so I could go pick up Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs and Batman AC GOTY. I have plans for getting Borderlands 1+2 and Paper Mario too to put under our tree as "From: Santa". :p

If it's a real problem, mods can delete posts. And the 20,000 mark is mostly just a point to try and not let threads become behemoths like they had in the past, not necessarily that's when they become a problem.

Didn't Hitokage say that around 20k posts the threads become a problem for the site database or something like that?

Yeah, they should definitely let this new OT go to 30k posts just as an experiment. Do it for science!

I never really dreamed of it when I was making this thread, but now that we're almost half way there, there's a definitely possibility that there could be a K-ON! Community |OT2| at some point.

Top Bottom