• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

cjkeats

There will be...have faith :D.

Just confirming that I am still alive...I'm in training all week so my time on the interwebs is much more limited than normal, but I will still be here whenever I can.

I did finally start P4G though...this is like video game comfort food for me :D.

I was thinking to myself a few hours ago, "huh, no sign of amish today." Good to hear your good and started P4G. I played a ton at work today. (They left me alone in the new office to set up the new computers, but they never showed up, so I had nothing else to do.)

I like to visit the anime thread sometimes.

Eh? they were talking about us? I made it onto the last OT wall of shame, I''m both proud and disgusted.

Caught up.

Billiechu, I sent you a Wii U friend request.

How is Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs?

Sleeping Dogs is rad. I haven't played Dishonored yet, but I picked it up on Black Friday.

Is selling Doujinshi based on a copyrighted work even legal?

If Japan's copyright laws are anything like the rest of the world, not really, unless you can claim them as parody or under fair use, but I doubt you could defend that. Technically that's how it is anyways, considering I've never heard any studio or mangaka sue over it, and I doubt they want to piss off their fan base anyways. And to echo what OceanBlue said, many probably see it as a way to get their work more known.

As I understand it, in Japan you can only copyright works and not specific characters, so a doujin would be perfectly legal. I'll look into it some more.

tumblr_mbxcm242W61rw24blo1_500.gif

tetsuooo

They were last night.

What did they say?

Nothing much, it was mentioned a few times and basically jman being jman.

This thread does have a rather large number of views. I always wondered about that, since so few of us actually post in it. I think we know where all the other views come from now.

Suddenly I feel inspired to continue with my doujin.

ckc0e.jpg

OceanBlue

Nothing much, it was mentioned a few times and basically jman being jman.

jman wasn't even talking about K-On much, was he? It seemed like he was talking about himself truly not liking K-On more than talking about K-On or people liking K-On.

I contribute to the views here, by the way.

This thread does have a rather large number of views. I always wondered about that, since so few of us actually post in it. I think we know where all the other views come from now.

Suddenly I feel inspired to continue with my doujin.
Probably a third of the views are from me. lol
but really, it's pretty typical of most gaf threads having a high amount of views compared to actual posts. And I know quite a few people that lurk this thread.
You really should join us, you know.
jman wasn't even talking about K-On much, was he? It seemed like he was talking about himself truly not liking K-On more than talking about K-On or people liking K-On.

The way he described this thread probably has more to do with what he thinks of us than himself. But anyways, we really shouldn't be talking about him behind his back. He's perfectly fine to join us again if he wants.

Uraizen

Banned
As I understand it, in Japan you can only copyright works and not specific characters, so a doujin would be perfectly legal. I'll look into it some more.

Okay, now that makes more sense.

I've seen you over in the weekly fighter/marvel thread! Glad to see you posting over here occasionally, too.

Kazzy

Now I can't get the idea of Disney doing K-On's music for an english localization out of my head. Damn you, Watanabe.

It just makes too much sense!

No good SmileXK-ON crossovers. I guess Azunyan makes a good Cure Sunshine. :X

For you:

I was thinking to myself a few hours ago, "huh, no sign of amish today." Good to hear your good and started P4G. I played a ton at work today. (They left me alone in the new office to set up the new computers, but they never showed up, so I had nothing else to do.)

I have also been playing as much P4G as I can. Around 13 hours in,
At the end of Kanji's dungeon!
. There is so much new stuff in here, which is totally making this whole thing ridiculous fan-service for someone like me.

cjkeats

Smile has some fantastic looking characters, but I don't think I could sit through a magical girl show that's not Madoka. I love seeing K-on characters stuck in other things though.

I have also been playing as much P4G as I can. Around 13 hours in,
At the end of Kanji's dungeon!
. There is so much new stuff in here, which is totally making this whole thing ridiculous fan-service for someone like me.

It's so good. The new stuff keeps it fresh, like the little scenes added here and there like the thunderstorm power out, and the motorcycle stuff. SOGOOD. I breezed though
Rise's dungeon
yesterday. I'm playing on easy, and am something like 22 hrs in. I love Marie. I've been taking screenshots like a madman too. Here's a slightly spoilery album!

Kazzy

Smile has some fantastic looking characters, but I don't think I could sit through a magical girl show that's not Madoka. I love seeing K-on characters stuck in other things though.

It's so good. The new stuff keeps it fresh, like the little scenes added here and there like the thunderstorm power out, and the motorcycle stuff. SOGOOD. I breezed though
Rise's dungeon
yesterday. I'm playing on easy, and am something like 22 hrs in. I love Marie. I've been taking screenshots like a madman too. Here's a slightly spoilery album!

Yeah, I always second-guess myself when a new scene shows up, which is good, because I haven't felt as though anything has been simply inserted in. I have no idea if my play time is brisk or not, but I've been doing all that I can. I think my highest S-Link is only around 3, and I'm taking a gamble by assuming that I can neglect party members, because I will have heaps of time with them towards the end.

My Persona 4 playthough ended with pretty much everyone maxed out bar Saki's brother. So in that regard, I'm trusting my judgement.

Damn, guess I will have to steam-roll dungeons early this time, already missed out on a day to hang out with Adachi (how weird is that!?), because the 'case' is still ongoing.

And yes, I have taken heaps upon heaps of screenshots, with a few that may persuade Chet to play.
lol

I'm supposed to be doing work now, so naturally I've opened up my Nendoroid and messed around with it a little. So scary, though. I was afraid I might break something whenever I tried to remove some parts!

Trying to make the stand worked has baffled me, so I've simply removed that and put the arm in place to keep it standing.

Not enough K-ON! (and probably too much writing) in this post:

But... I've seen you post plenty of times in AnimeGAF.
I wouldn't consider myself relevant.
And yes, I have taken heaps upon heaps of screenshots, with a few that may persuade Chet to play.
lol
Ha
Maybe if I had a Vita or something...
I wouldn't mind a pillow like that...
Should have been K-ON!!! instead.
Neat idea, the fact that it's not an adaptation will be interesting. Though I hope there are more inspired looking characters than her.

Kazzy

Should have been K-ON!!! instead.

Now, lets not look a gift horse in the mouth. I have been eager to see KyoAni stretch out on their own for a while, if only to satisfy the naysayers.

I've yet to dislike any of their output that I've watched, so I'm extremely curious about this.

Though I hope there are more inspired looking characters than her.

She's a Mugi clone, I fail to see what is wrong with this approach.

Ah. If I wake up to more than 4 pages I skip it and move to the last. This morning there were 3 pages in the old one and 4 in a whole new thread. Yeesh.

I haven't even looked at the new thread yet...moves too fast sometimes for me.

Just a quick "Hi!" to K-ON GAF while I'm on lunch break at training. It's an Oracle 11g class, and while it's an introductory course (I'm new at it) I think it might melt my brain. Two more days left as well lol. I'm on GAF mobile right now so I'll leave it to you all to supply the appropriate gif :p

OceanBlue

I can't even verbalize my happiness at a KyoAni announcement. And it's an original from Yamada and Yoshida (and not Kigami! lol)! I'm so excited!

I'm also slightly sadistically happy that it isn't Haruhi or FMP.

I can't even verbalize my happiness at a KyoAni announcement. And it's an original from Yamada and Yoshida (and not Kigami! lol)! I'm so excited!

I'm also slightly sadistically happy that it isn't Haruhi or FMP.

Haha, I guess I am too!

Anyone care to fill me in on what's going down? I can rarely see any pictures in this thread :(

And more of that would be acceptable in my books :p

OceanBlue

Anyone care to fill me in on what's going down? I can rarely see any pictures in this thread :(

It's a new KyoAni adaptation. And it's an original about a girl named Tamako with a chicken (lol) and she's apparently in a cooking club. And it's from the K-On team!

*nudge* Where's my update?
Soon.

Basically a new KyoAni show coming up this winter season, and it's being made by the same group of people (Director, Character Designer, etc.) that made K-ON!
And it's not an adaptation of any manga, light novel, vn, rpg, etc.
Though if it's popular, it most likely will get adapted into one of those mentioned...

Thanks for the info you guys. I imagine you'll post any new info as it becomes available? I really don't know where to look for that sort of thing :)

Still, anything by KyoAni will be worth watching, probably even more so as it's an original work. Will be interesting to see just how well they can do when it's them who's writing the story too.

Thanks for the info you guys. I imagine you'll post any new info as it becomes available? I really don't know where to look for that sort of thing :)

Still, anything by KyoAni will be worth watching, probably even more so as it's an original work. Will be interesting to see just how well they can do when it's them who's writing the story too.

Well, a lot of episodes in K-ON!! were original to the anime, and lets not forget the K-ON! movie is all original too. Still, I hope this new show has some K-ON!-isms rubbed off on it.

Kazzy

Chuunibyou is practically original. Just the framing is 'inspired' by a light novel.

Yeah, I'd agree that there probably isn't too much difference, but it's all in the perception. And for better or worse, it's a something that many use to label KyoAni.

Top Bottom