• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

cjkeats

Don't trust them. Bootleg Nendoroids are very common, and like the name implies, are awful.

Agreed. Bootleg Nendos are awful. I bought a few in China before I knew any better. One of them was completely missing paint on the back of the character's head.

I got a bootleg Figma from Hong Kong on eBay. It's leg was broke in the box and her arm fell off as soon as I moved it. So yeah, be careful buying from Hong Kong.

Aguirre

I got a bootleg Figma from Hong Kong on eBay. It's leg was broke in the box and her arm fell off as soon as I moved it. So yeah, be careful buying from Hong Kong.

gosh that sounds so horrible :( you should do the humane thing and put her down....
ic2AKn3xc68iv.gif

:<

tumblr_me4yyy20b51qftwkco1_500.jpg

:D

I never really dreamed of it when I was making this thread, but now that we're almost half way there, there's a definitely possibility that there could be a K-ON! Community |OT2| at some point.

If this thread hits the 20k limit while I'm at sea next year, you better make a new one and PM me the link :p
Again, to reiterate, K-ON GAF is best GAF.

tumblr_lwqnxnL1Ck1r6v4bio1_500.gif

Metrotab

Banned
I don't see any reason to not post here. Some cute K-On! gifs lighten the load of a full day of college work. (I really should stop procrastinating)

So I finally got around to watching the movie and yeah, I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, this was a pretty great series and movie.

tl;dr: holy shit
yui's parents are actually alive

Now I guess the only thing left to do is 100% that PS3 game like a crazy person.

Yeah, the beginning probably takes a while, but you kinda have to remember that in a lot of ways it was made for the fans, but it also has to make sense to people who have never watched any K-ON! previously. And the planning episode didn't actually air on TBS, it was a special tied in with one of the bluray sets.
They did a really good job with London, though I'm saying that as someone who has never been there myself. KyoAni actually took a trip to London just for making this movie, so you know they got things right. Bagpipes are awesome though, so I let that slide.
And the ending was done really well, I probably enjoyed it more than season 2's ending.
osnla.jpg

I'm glad you liked it all, there's also the manga you could read too.

So I finally got around to watching the movie and yeah, I really enjoyed it.

.... snipsnip

Yeah, this was a pretty great series and movie.

tl;dr: holy shit
yui's parents are actually alive

Now I guess the only thing left to do is 100% that PS3 game like a crazy person.

Good to hear that you enjoyed it :) I agree about the voices! And though I've only been to London once (And even then, only to go to the US Embassy, so I saw very little!), the scenery certainly was insanely detailed, and very well animated.

It was also nice to actually see the
parents
, because whenever they were mentioned in the show,
Yui just mutters something about them being away alot, and that's all. So I was kind of expecting them to either be psychopaths or dead or something!

It was also nice to actually see the
parents
, because whenever they were mentioned in the show,
Yui just mutters something about them being away alot, and that's all. So I was kind of expecting them to either be psychopaths or dead or something!

It's kinda weird that they kept coming up with excuses as to why Yui's parents are never around, but they never really mention where the other girls' parents are or actually see them ever. Though I suppose you don't really get to see their houses nearly as much as Yui's house.

Uraizen

Banned
I never really dreamed of it when I was making this thread, but now that we're almost half way there, there's a definitely possibility that there could be a K-ON! Community |OT2| at some point.

Well, the title is never ending talk about never ending girl's talk. Looks like it turned out to be eerily accurate.

So basically run a site by you guys to determine whether or not it's legit, gotcha.

they then had to go and recreate that last scene from the series but this time with flashbacks to make it even more bittersweet because this is a movie made by cruel people.

This was probably my favorite part of the movie. I remember watching episode 24 and wondering when they had time to really practice. Well, the movie answered that for me in the best way possible.

i'll certainly pm you. over and over. :>

PM him more dirty pictures.

I'm glad you liked it all, there's also the manga you could read too.

I recommend the manga as well, it's a nice follow-up
even if it doesn't end the way I wanted it to.

I think Ritsu's mother is shown at some point. And Mio and Mugi at least talk with their parents (servants).
I know they mention their parents, and even talk with them on the phone in the movie, but I don't remember them ever seeing Ritsu's mom. Maybe I just don't remember.
Well, the title is never ending talk about never ending girl's talk. Looks like it turned out to be eerily accurate.
rVKRX.gif

So basically run a site by you guys to determine whether or not it's legit, gotcha.
The one thing you should look for besides where the seller is from, is the price they're selling it at. If it's a lot cheaper than what other people are selling it for, it's a fake. Knowing if the figure is out of print or not also helps, and if the seller has their own photos of the thing rather than the stock production images goes a long way too.
I really like the opening of the movie (Ichiban Ippai). Ridiculously upbeat and catchy.

It is pretty catchy.

Uraizen

Banned
I really like the opening of the movie (Ichiban Ippai). Ridiculously upbeat and catchy.

Rice is a Dish was pretty damned catchy, too. I liked Yui's little add-on in it.

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/rVKRX.gif[/IMG]

VU9Mg.gif

The one thing you should look for besides where the seller is from, is the price they're selling it at. If it's a lot cheaper than what other people are selling it for, it's a fake. Knowing if the figure is out of print or not also helps, and if the seller has their own photos of the thing rather than the stock production images goes a long way too.

Are there any sites that are known for selling bootlegs, though? Not just ebay stores, but sites that sell figures in general.

Are there any sites that are known for selling bootlegs, though? Not just ebay stores, but sites that sell figures in general.

None that I actually know of. Like I said, it's best to check where the seller is from. If it's an anime figure, it's probably best to find someone from Japan selling it.

Uraizen

Banned
None that I actually know of. Like I said, it's best to check where the seller is from. If it's an anime figure, it's probably best to find someone from Japan selling it.

What about something like this? It has a real picture, but ships from Hong Kong and is cheaper than I would expect.

What about something like this? It has a real picture, but ships from Hong Kong and is cheaper than I would expect.

Well, I was mostly talking about nendoroids. It's a prize figure, so you don't have to worry nearly as much.
But here we have a box, pictures of the box, and the price doesn't seem that far off of what other figures like it sell at. Seems legit enough.
And when I said watch out for price, I mean something like something that's normally like $100 being sold at like $30 or something like that.

Uraizen

Banned
Well, I was mostly talking about nendoroids. It's a prize figure, so you don't have to worry nearly as much.
But here we have a box, pictures of the box, and the price doesn't seem that far off of what other figures like it sell at. Seems legit enough.
And when I said watch out for price, I mean something like something that's normally like $100 being sold at like $30 or something like that.

Yeah, but cjkeats mentioned he got a bootleg figma, so I was just a bit curious. I was expecting that particular figure to be quite a bit more. Now this nearly gave me a heart attack, but at least it's legit. It's a 100% match for your description of legit nendoroids, too.

cjkeats

I've had some luck with Hong Kong sellers, if the description keeps stressing that its 100% authentic and they have good feed back, it probably is. My Chie came from HK.
My friend ordered the same Aigis Figma and got a dud just like me. Funny thing is we were both bidding on one at the same time, complaining about "some asshole who keeps trying to outbid me", and it turned out to be us bidding each other up. Small world.

Yeah, but cjkeats mentioned he got a bootleg figma, so I was just a bit curious. I was expecting that particular figure to be quite a bit more. Now this nearly gave me a heart attack, but at least it's legit. It's a 100% match for your description of legit nendoroids, too.

Figmas like Nendoroids have joints and customizable parts. Prize figures don't and as the name suggests, they're prizes you'd win in like a crane game or something. Generally prize figures aren't very expensive, especially when you'd compare it to like a to scale statue would.
And to echo cjkeats, I got my prize figure Mio and Ritsu figures from a seller in HK.

Uraizen

Banned
I've had some luck with Hong Kong sellers, if the description keeps stressing that its 100% authentic and they have good feed back, it probably is. My Chie came from HK.
My friend ordered the same Aigis Figma and got a dud just like me. Funny thing is we were both bidding on one at the same time, complaining about "some asshole who keeps trying to outbid me", and it turned out to be us bidding each other up. Small world.

First laugh of the day right here.

Figmas like Nendoroids have joints and customizable parts. Prize figures don't and as the name suggests, they're prizes you'd win in like a crane game or something. Generally prize figures aren't very expensive, especially when you'd compare it to like a to scale statue would.
And to echo cjkeats, I got my prize figure Mio and Ritsu figures from a seller in HK.

Ah, I see, I see, so they're probably just replicating figures that would normally sell for higher prices and pricing them lower in an attempt to steal from that market.

mMOVb.gif

Thank you both for the heads up and tidbits of experience.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I wanted that Chie Figma, but I just couldn't justify spending that much money on a piece of plastic. 20 bucks? Yeah, sure. A friend of mine said he paid like, 80 bucks for it after customs/bank fees. It was from one of those figure sites, like amiami.

Ah, I see, I see, so they're probably just replicating figures that would normally sell for higher prices and pricing them lower in an attempt to steal from that market.

Something like that, but I'm not sure if there's a big problem with bootleg scale models. The way I see it is that they're there to take advantage of a want for a product that is either in high demand and or out of print.

I wanted that Chie Figma, but I just couldn't justify spending that much money on a piece of plastic. 20 bucks? Yeah, sure. A friend of mine said he paid like, 80 bucks for it after customs/bank fees. It was from one of those figure sites, like amiami.

My inexperience at dealing with things like this is one of the main reasons I haven't really imported anything from further afield. I'd be happy paying some of the prices for some decent figures, but I'm also worried the cost would double/triple as soon as it actually gets into the UK.

Figures are more than just plastic man! /genshiken

Uraizen

Banned

Forty dollars seems to be the average for regular figures from what I've seen.
Prize figures?
Is this the figma you're talking about? Just use a paypal debit card to avoid conversion fees, no customs to pay here, and unless the shipping is over $50 I don't see you paying that much for it.

There will be...have faith :D.

Just confirming that I am still alive...I'm in training all week so my time on the interwebs is much more limited than normal, but I will still be here whenever I can.

I did finally start P4G though...this is like video game comfort food for me :D.

Uraizen

Banned
Just confirming that I am still alive...I'm in training all week so my time on the interwebs is much more limited than normal, but I will still be here whenever I can.

I did finally start P4G though...this is like video game comfort food for me :D.

I was wondering what happened to you, but I'm glad to hear everything is alright.

Oh, I was hoping relevant people were talking about us. Carry on.

Oh shit.

0InM5.gif

Shots fired.

Top Bottom