• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

It's my Birthday today! It's so close to Yui's birthday.
mRtN5.gif

Happy Birthday!
Well, that's nice.
If a day out of season. Ha!
It's the thought that counts!
You don't have a PS2?
I do, but that's not my point.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
He reminds of that friend everyone has, who's always kind of a 5th wheel and is loud and obnoxious about it. No one really wants him around, but he's always there so you just deal with it because you'd worry that he'd kill himself if he was left out.

I've... always thought this about myself. :|

Also, I saw Nickelback live a few years ago(required for canadian citizenship) and it was actually pretty good. Lots of fire.

I always knew they were part of some invasion plan.

cjkeats

Don't sweat it, I've been on both ends of it. Man, high school sucked.

I always knew they were part of some invasion plan.

The pyrotechnics guy was formerly Pantera's pyro guy, and at one point Kroger said "Let's metal it up!" and started playing a Metallica riff while pyro guy shot a t-shirt cannon at the crowd. It was strange, because they're not exactly any kind of metal band. Anyways, it was the biggest concert to come to our province in years and it somehow got turned into whole day with dozens of bands I wanted to see so that's how I ended up there.

Why wouldn't you want us to invade, we're awesome! We're friendly and we have great food. It's a win all around.

Uraizen

Banned

Don't worry, I like people like you. Even if you act immature, your heart is in the right place and you're always trying to make everybody laugh, or have a good time.

That gif always reminds me of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCPanyl7aM

Why does everything hilariously awesome come from nico?

We've got Minnesota, it's the same thing.

lol, chet.

Metrotab

Banned
I really like listening to BGM renditions people make with the Domino MIDI program on NicoNico. Love that kind of visualisation of music.

Kazzy

Monday is my grumpy day. The weekend's over and two hours of boring mechanics lab work.

I know that feeling. Learning intense theory until 9pm is never conducive to a good mood!

The day I take offense to something like that is a day where something has gone very wrong. You would need to do a lot more to have something to apologize to me for. Be grumpy all you want!

I assumed as much, but I'm also aware at just how droll my sense of humour can be.

Gah, newest localised Haruhi light novel came out today(Almost 23:00 now), and I'm getting all antsy waiting for amazon to tell me they've dispatched it. It's due to arrive on Saturday I believe, but I still get all restless whenever I order something off the internet! :(

Haruhi.gif

Kazzy

I always thought Haruhi anime looked ugly, at least the first season.

It did, but these virgin eyes knew no better. The second season improved tremendously, and like Metrotab pointed out, it is clear progression into something more representative of the KyoAni style.

Kazzy

Is it supposed to? I always thought it looked great, but what do I know.

It does in most regards, just those key faces (for me), it's hard to see past those eyes. And we're comparing it to other KyoAni stuff, which is maybe unfair.

I still think it's great, mind you. I'm just being nit-picky.

Metrotab

Banned
Shiori made me love Key-face. So cute.

Ugh, I procrastinated too long and now I'm left writing stuff in a sleepy disposition. Bevacizumab is hard to write over and over again.

Uraizen

Banned
It does in most regards, just those key faces (for me), it's hard to see past those eyes. And we're comparing it to other KyoAni stuff, which is maybe unfair.

I still think it's great, mind you. I'm just being nit-picky.

I don't really see it, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for either.

I wouldn't call myself an authority on the matter. I'd still take Haruhi faces over anything in One Piece any day.

Why must you keep picking on things I like?!

You chose One Piece on purpose, too!

Kazzy

I don't particularly like One Piece, although I can appreciate the 'uniqueness' of it's art. Now if you want a show that looks like crap, look no further than Fairy Tail, which I always took as mimicking that style really badly. It just irritates me to look at it.

cjkeats

I just did a google image search for "Harui Yui" to find that picture of Yui dressed like Harui, and it did the whole "did you mean" thing to "Harui Yuri". My safesearch isoff.

Lewd.

EDIT: here is said image:

Why must you keep picking on things I like?!

I just don't like Eiichiro Oda's art. Even Akira Toriyama has more variation in his female characters.
But whatever, you can like what you like and I'll continue to like what I like.
Season 1: note the large inter-eye distance and high chin:

Season 2: rounder eyes and lower mouth placement
The thing that bugs me the most is how close the nose and mouth are to each other, and just how high up they are.
I don't particularly like One Piece, although I can appreciate the 'uniqueness' of it's art. Now if you want a show that looks like crap, look no further than Fairy Tail, which I always took as mimicking that style really badly. It just irritates me to look at it.
At least he can draw female characters, but I don't really care for that either.
I just did a google image search for "Harui Yui" to find that picture of Yui dressed like Harui, and it did the whole "did you mean" thing to "Harui Yuri". My safesearch isoff.

Lewd.

EDIT: here is said image:

You can't hotlink from zerochan.net

Top Bottom