• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

According to your theory, Mugi's way into scat, apparently, along with probably even more terrifying fetishes.
I wouldn't doubt it.
9llsO

There's more to it than that, but yeah.

DUDE! DUDE! DUDE! DUDE! DUDE! I've missed you soooo much! Look at the anime I watch now!

haha same here man, how have you been?

From One Piece to K-on!, nice! Sadly, I havent been watching much anime though :/ (think the last series I (re)watched was Robotech in the summer) Too busy with school, work, and other things. I don't even play videogames as much anymore (although, I keep buying games lol). Come save me!

So what have I been missing?

Uraizen

Banned
haha same here man, how have you been?

I've been good, so far not much happening on the "you know what" front. Been feeling somewhat well lately, so fingers crossed on that one! Everything else is going pretty smoothly.

From One Piece to K-on!, nice!

I know, right? I decided to just check it out one day since it was so popular and, well... the results speak for themselves. I still watch One Piece, but I decided to give things beyond shounen-like anime a chance.

I (re)watched was Robotech in the summer) Too busy with school, work, and other things. I don't even play videogames as much anymore (although, I keep buying games lol). Come save me!

There is no saving you from that, I do the exact same thing. "Hey, look, this game is on sale for cheap, I should pick it up and play it!" Then I end up friggin' playing more DMC4 or NG2. Still big into fighters, but those basically have infinite replay value.

So what have I been missing?

Recently airing? Well, JoJo's has been kicking ass so far. There's also Chuunibyou, Oniai, and the hilarious Girls und Panzer.

Sweet, will check that out.

I can see what you've been missing K-On!-wise was covered nicely by Chet. The movie is almost two hours long, so make yourself something nice before you start watching it.

Now that I think about it, I actually would like to.

Mine's actually already out there on my Twitter. It's been the same pic for a couple years now, just too lazy to change it. Don't really care if my face is out there or not, especially if it can get me a date or something :p.

Oh yeah, I'm not quite dead yet, just recovering from having all my neurons fried last week at training. Finally have something resembling a normal schedule for this coming week :). I did manage to finish my rewatch of K-ON!! and the movie. Just gets better the more I watch, but I'm always sad when I'm done :(.

Madao

the worst kind of sunday is when you have work and the back pain is killing you.

*passes out*

good thing next week i get the shorter shift, so i can sleep more.

Sweet, will check that out.
I'm glad I could help!
Sunday is such a boring day :(
Sundays for me aren't a whole lot different from Saturdays.
Mine's actually already out there on my Twitter. It's been the same pic for a couple years now, just too lazy to change it. Don't really care if my face is out there or not, especially if it can get me a date or something :p.

Oh yeah, I'm not quite dead yet, just recovering from having all my neurons fried last week at training. Finally have something resembling a normal schedule for this coming week :). I did manage to finish my rewatch of K-ON!! and the movie. Just gets better the more I watch, but I'm always sad when I'm done :(.
Good to hear you're not dead!
Recently I've been watching K-ON!! again too thanks to Uraizen's gift. So far it's basically the same thing as it was in the first season, though I haven't gotten to the episode where they talk shit about English. Still looking forward to what they do with that.
the worst kind of sunday is when you have work and the back pain is killing you.

*passes out*

good thing next week i get the shorter shift, so i can sleep more.
I do not look forward to getting old.
I procrastinated too much yesterday. I hate when that happens.
Same, but that happens to me all the time...

Kazzy

Sunday's are great, it's generally when I've finished any work that I have to do, meaning that I can just fritter my day away. Like today, I caught up with some shows, and then proceeded to play a heap of P4G.

A good day!

I spent the morning watching the movie, just finished it.
I'm glad they included a song from the HTT II album during the classroom concert session. Using more of them like Tokimeki Sugar or Honey Sweet Tea Time probably would have felt contrived or forced if they dotted them across the performances throughout the movie, so I guess that's why they didn't go further than popping in the one song as a cameo of sorts. That's about the only "grievance" that I had with the movie (if you could even call it that), everything was awesome.

I think I have something in my eye. Pardon me...

I spent the morning watching the movie, just finished it.
I'm glad they included a song from the HTT II album during the classroom concert session. Using more of them like Tokimeki Sugar or Honey Sweet Tea Time probably would have felt contrived or forced if they dotted them across the performances throughout the movie, so I guess that's why they didn't go further than popping in the one song as a cameo of sorts. That's about the only "grievance" that I had with the movie (if you could even call it that), everything was awesome.

I think I have something in my eye. Pardon me...

mS4xl.gif

Now you know the sadness I feel.

Sunday's are great, it's generally when I've finished any work that I have to do, meaning that I can just fritter my day away. Like today, I caught up with some shows, and then proceeded to play a heap of P4G.

A good day!

I hate sundays, I have to do cleaning and school work and monday is tomorrow. -_-

Uraizen

Banned

Yup, I have already seen two of K-On GAF thanks to twitter.

I want to rewatch the first season sometime. I don't know if I could rewatch the second. Some of the episodes in season two were boring!

I hate sundays, I have to do cleaning and school work and monday is tomorrow. -_-

This is why nobody likes Sundays.

OceanBlue

Yup, I have already seen two of K-On GAF thanks to twitter.

I want to rewatch the first season sometime. I don't know if I could rewatch the second. Some of the episodes in season two were boring!

I think I like the slower pace in S2 more. I watched some of the episodes again and I really enjoyed all of them. I honestly can't imagine watching S1 again because I feel like it'd be really fast-paced in comparison.

Uraizen

Banned
I think I like the slower pace in S2 more. I watched some of the episodes again and I really enjoyed all of them. I honestly can't imagine watching S1 again because I feel like it'd be really fast-paced in comparison.

I guess that's why I liked S1 more, I felt the pacing in S2 was too slow at times for my taste.

OceanBlue

I guess that's why I liked S1 more, I felt the pacing in S2 was too slow at times for my taste.

Ah well, I can understand that. I like slower anime in general and I always feel like I would like shows to take things a bit slower, but most people have your view, I think.

I really need to watch K-On S1 again and see if it's really faster. It might just be because it's 13 episodes that I feel this way.

patapuf

I usually prefer the manga version of anything.

Yes, yes, I know. Unpopular Opinions™

Episode 12's second half is still amazing. If it weren't for the song they made Azusa, that moment alone would have been better than the entirety of season two.

I'm with you, i prefer the manga more often than not.

K-ON! is an exeption though

I've been good, so far not much happening on the "you know what" front. Been feeling somewhat well lately, so fingers crossed on that one! Everything else is going pretty smoothly.
That's good to hear! btw, I peeked into the GGT a few weeks ago to see what everyone was up to...and immediately left once I saw that someone posted that Thanksgiving song -__________-

I know, right? I decided to just check it out one day since it was so popular and, well... the results speak for themselves. I still watch One Piece, but I decided to give things beyond shounen-like anime a chance.
distgfx going mainstream confirmed! xD

There is no saving you from that, I do the exact same thing. "Hey, look, this game is on sale for cheap, I should pick it up and play it!" Then I end up friggin' playing more DMC4 or NG2. Still big into fighters, but those basically have infinite replay value.
Its the Newegg sales and codes that are getting me haha.

Recently airing? Well, JoJo's has been kicking ass so far. There's also Chuunibyou, Oniai, and the hilarious Girls und Panzer.
lol Chuunibyou. My friend has been getting on my case about not watching that show.

I can see what you've been missing K-On!-wise was covered nicely by Chet. The movie is almost two hours long, so make yourself something nice before you start watching it.
Sounds like pizza time

Add me to the bunch of haters for Sunday. Spending the day writing essays ._.

All you guys are making want to get into GNF mode and just go on a K-on! marathon.

I'm not to hot on the art for the first 2 volumes, but I really like the art on the third and fouth ones. I also really like the way Kakifly colors them.

Yeah, the colour pages are real nice :) The only thing about the art I found weird, was that Ritsu looks a little strange. It's probably cause I watched the anime first. I don't really know how to explain it, she just looks a little.. off..?

Edit:Just checked to see what those pics in your quote were, and they look good :) They special edition covers or something? Cause mine arent like that :(

Uraizen

Banned
That's good to hear! btw, I peeked into the GGT a few weeks ago to see what everyone was up to...and immediately left once I saw that someone posted that Thanksgiving song -__________-

They don't talk about stuff I like anymore, so I rarely post. The majority of the old members have basically become a Skype group anyway. "Uraaaaaizen, play One Piece with me! I want to get the trophies." "Rairai, play playstation all stars with us!" "Uraaaaaizen, play P4A with me." Good times.
Which still happen quite often.

distgfx going mainstream confirmed! xD

I thought watching shounen already made me mainstream.

All you guys are making want to get into GNF mode and just go on a K-on! marathon.

Go for it, go nuts.

Yeah, the colour pages are real nice :) The only thing about the art I found weird, was that Ritsu looks a little strange. It's probably cause I watched the anime first. I don't really know how to explain it, she just looks a little.. off..?

Nodoka is the one that looks off to me.

Edit:Just checked to see what those pics in your quote were, and they look good :) They special edition covers or something? Cause mine arent like that :(

I think as the series got more popular, there were a bunch of custom dust cover jackets or whatever they're called for the manga's later volume releases in Japan. It was between the magazine it came in (Manga Time Kirara) or retailer exclusives like Melonbooks, hence why you see a bunch of designs for a single volume alone.

As a Ritsu fan, there was one scene from the manga that I wish was adapted into the second season:
When they test a couple different hairstyles on Ritsu, and THEY ALL LOOK GOOD ON HER

Top Bottom