• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Yeah, the colour pages are real nice :) The only thing about the art I found weird, was that Ritsu looks a little strange. It's probably cause I watched the anime first. I don't really know how to explain it, she just looks a little.. off..?
I think it has to do with how they draw Ritsu's hairline. She kinda has a tiny widow's peak going on in the anime, and not at all in the manga.
Edit:Just checked to see what those pics in your quote were, and they look good :) They special edition covers or something? Cause mine arent like that :(
Yeah they are, After I finish up getting the full collection of the regular volumes, I'd like to import some of those.
16qyh.jpg
Nodoka is the one that looks off to me.

Her bangs are more anime-ish in the anime, if you get me.

I think it has to do with how they draw Ritsu's hairline. She kinda has a tiny widow's peak going on in the anime, and not at all in the manga.

Yeah they are, After I finish up getting the full collection of the regular volumes, I'd like to import some of those.

Her bangs are more anime-ish in the anime, if you get me.

HAAHAHA, Sawako and Ritsus faces on that cover :p

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's not offputting or anything, it just threw me for the first 10 or so pages.

Edit: Hmm, contemplating picking up a second hand Nintendo DS Lite or something off amazon so I can play teh pokemon, and possibly some Mario.. Is it worth it?

Hmm, didn't really notice that. Her face seems way more rounded. Not sure though, she wasn't really in the first 2 volumes that much that I noticed, so I can't really comment on it yet :(
All there faces are kind more shorter, rounder. With that and their thicker thighs, the characters kinda seem more stout than they are in the anime.
As a Ritsu fan, there was one scene from the manga that I wish was adapted into the second season:
When they test a couple different hairstyles on Ritsu, and THEY ALL LOOK GOOD ON HER

It's a shame it wasn't in the show.
Edit: Hmm, contemplating picking up a second hand Nintendo DS Lite or something off amazon so I can play teh pokemon, and possibly some Mario.. Is it worth it?

A DS is extremely worth it. A lot of good games on it. Though it being a used lite, you have to watch out for it might have a broken hinge, as that model is notorious for having a weak hinge.

All there faces are kind more shorter, rounder. With that and their thicker thighs, the characters kinda seem more stout than they are in the anime.

It's a shame it wasn't in the show.

A DS is extremely worth it. A lot of good games on it.

Cool :) You got any recommendations? I'm thinking about picking up Pokemon Black or White both 1 and 2. Not sure which version I'd get though. Other than that, I don't have a clue. Haven't really paid much attention to nintendo handheld releases.

Cool :) You got any recommendations? I'm thinking about picking up Pokemon Black or White both 1 and 2. Not sure which version I'd get though. Other than that, I don't have a clue. Haven't really paid much attention to nintendo handheld releases.

Off the top of my head, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Dragon Quest 9, and New Super Mario Bros. are like amongst the top favorite for me. You can't go wrong with Animal Crossing Wild World either.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
HAAHAHA, Sawako and Ritsus faces on that cover :p

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's not offputting or anything, it just threw me for the first 10 or so pages.

I'd say get it for the SMT games. Devil Survivor and Strange Journey is good shit. (If they were even released in the UK.) Though the first DS is region free I think.

I'd say get it for the SMT games. Devil Survivor and Strange Journey is good shit. (If they were even released in the UK.) Though the first DS is region free I think.

Unless they're DSi enhanced games, you can play DS games of any region on any DS system. A DS lite is the same thing as the original DS anyways besides the size and look.

Thanks guys, looks like I'll definitely be buying it when I wake up in about 6 hours! If you have anymore recommendations, shout up :)

Uraizen

Banned
Thanks guys, looks like I'll definitely be buying it when I wake up in about 6 hours! If you have anymore recommendations, shout up :)

MegaMan Zero Collection, MegaMan Zero Collection, MegaMan Zero Collection, MegaMan Zero Collection, MegaMan Zero Collection, MegaMan Zero Collection, Bleach DS, and MegaMan Zero Collection.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
MegaMan Zero Collection, MegaMan Zero Collection, MegaMan Zero Collection, MegaMan Zero Collection, MegaMan Zero Collection, MegaMan Zero Collection, Bleach DS, and MegaMan Zero Collection.

The only Mega Man game series that I thought that was legitimately hard as fuck.

Uraizen

Banned
So, the manga...

Manga Mugi >>>>>>> Anime Mugi
Anime Ritsu > Manga Ritsu
Anime Yui > Manga Yui
Anime Mio == Manga Mio
Anime Azusa == Manga Azusa

The manga can be pretty lewd at times. Links are probably NSFW, don't take the chance.

So, the manga...

Manga Mugi >>>>>>> Anime Mugi
Anime Ritsu > Manga Ritsu
Anime Yui > Manga Yui
Anime Mio == Manga Mio
Anime Azusa == Manga Azusa

The manga can be pretty lewd at times. Links are probably NSFW, don't take the chance.

Yeah, a lot of what makes Mugi what she is in the manga wouldn't have turned out well in the anime. And manga Yui never really changes like she does in the anime. And you forgot the best one!
r8cGG.jpg

No, I just don't want anybody to bitch.
Dunno who would, though.

This isn't PokeGAF

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah, a lot of what makes Mugi what she is in the manga wouldn't have turned out well in the anime. And manga Yui never really changes like she does in the anime. And you forgot the best one!
[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/r8cGG.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah, Mugi didn't really make sense to me in the anime, which is why I had always thought "Why are you here?" The manga version of Mugi is done way better and it finally feels like she isn't just there for the sake of being there.
Her and Mio might actually be my favorites if I were to rank them based solely on the manga.

This isn't PokeGAF

lol.

Esura

Banned
No, I just don't want anybody to bitch.
Dunno who would, though.

Like Chet said, this ain't PokeGAF. Doesn't hurt that the thread creator loves that stuff too. :p

EDIT: Who here plays Black Ops II on PS3? I want to play some online games with KON GAF and if any one of you has it I would get it too. I got Uraizen on the friendzies and I want more. :(

Yeah, Mugi didn't really make sense to me in the anime, which is why I had always thought "Why are you here?" The manga version of Mugi is done way better and it finally feels like she isn't just there for the sake of being there.
Her and Mio might actually be my favorites if I were to rank them based solely on the manga.

That's another reason I like the second season more. Being KyoAni, they obviously wanted to downplay the lesbianism, but with the first season, they basically have it brought up once, and then completely drop it and basically she just hangs around them giving them reasons to go to the beach and stuff. The second season they actually take her naivete and expand upon it and make her character actually fit in with the rest of the girls.

And when I meant manga Mugi wouldn't have really worked in the anime is the fact that in the manga she sometimes seems like she can
read the other girls' minds
EDIT: Who here plays Black Ops II on PS3? I want to play some online games with KON GAF and if any one of you has it I would get it too. I got Uraizen on the friendzies and I want more. :(

No Cod Blops 2, sorry.

Esura

Banned
No Cod Blops 2, sorry.

Ah, bummer.

I've been rewatching K-ON! lately because my tooth has been killing me and I cannot attempt to play Dishonored or Demon's Souls (ugh) with a toothache and I'm telling you, Yui made me forget about my tooth for like a few hours until I took some pain killers and fell asleep. :p

All this manga talk making me want to finish the K-ON! manga instead of reading the newest issues of Bleach.

Ah, bummer.

I've been rewatching K-ON! lately because my tooth has been killing me and I cannot attempt to play Dishonored or Demon's Souls (ugh) with a toothache and I'm telling you, Yui made me forget about my tooth for like a few hours until I took some pain killers and fell asleep. :p

All this manga talk making me want to finish the K-ON! manga instead of reading the newest issues of Bleach.

Watching K-ON! is known to relieve pain
And the choice should be obvious as to which one you should read.

Uraizen

Banned
Like Chet said, this ain't PokeGAF. Doesn't hurt that the thread creator loves that stuff too. :p

There is a reason I linked to some of those. ;)

Don't like CoD games in general, sorry. They never seem to go down in price in a reasonable time frame either.

That's another reason I like the second season more. Being KyoAni, they obviously wanted to downplay the lesbianism, but with the first season, they basically have it brought up once, and then completely drop it and basically she just hangs around them giving them reasons to go to the beach and stuff. The second season they actually take her naivete and expand upon it and make her character actually fit in with the rest of the girls.

And when I meant manga Mugi wouldn't have really worked in the anime is the fact that in the manga she sometimes seems like she can
read the other girls' minds

It made sense to me, but it feels like they took away a large part of her character and tried to fill that void in with something that didn't belong. I liked all the little quirks she had in the manga. Season 2 didn't exactly help my impression of her either, it just made it worse.

It made sense to me, but it feels like they took away a large part of her character and tried to fill that void in with something that didn't belong. I liked all the little quirks she had in the manga. Season 2 didn't exactly help my impression of her either, it just made it worse.

You just like the lesbian smut Mugi Vision™.

I do. I really, really do. She just made me laugh so many times in the manga because of it! Any girl that can make me laugh is A-ok with me.

I like that stuff too, but I can see why KyoAni shyed away from it. It's probably why the show is as popular as it is too because of the lowered pervertedness.

Uraizen

Banned
I like that stuff too, but I can see why KyoAni shyed away from it. It's probably why the show is as popular as it is too because of the lowered pervertedness.

I stand by what I said, but I can see why they did it. That will never change the fact I dislike anime Mugi and like manga Mugi, though.

This is true. Perhaps I should rephrase it. There don't appear to be any futas in it, but they may just be hiding their most private of secrets from us!

I should check and see if anyone's posted any futa fanart of Chuunnibyou characters on Gelbooru.

Comiket is just around the corner I have no idea what you are talking about.
H9rKJ.png

It's yet another installment of "Shinogu can't sleep so he drew another K-ON Girl!"

A9LI_FYCYAAc4uG.jpg

It's not apparent in this pic because I cropped it on my phone, but man I need to get used to just drawing from the top of the page and not mentally hitting Enter on the keyboard and leaving space up there. It would have helped when it came to drawing her feet there. And yeah, this is Himeko. With a switchblade in her left hand. Because I couldn't think of anything else for her at the moment. And now I remember that she's in the softball team so I should have totally given her a bat instead. AAAAUGH!

The good news is that she was drawn all the way on the left side of the page so I can totally use up the rest of the page to perhaps have a second go at drawing Himeko. I wonder if there's a Japanese God of Softball...

It's yet another installment of "Shinogu can't sleep so he drew another K-ON Girl!"

It's not apparent in this pic because I cropped it on my phone, but man I need to get used to just drawing from the top of the page and not mentally hitting Enter on the keyboard and leaving space up there. It would have helped when it came to drawing her feet there. And yeah, this is Himeko. With a switchblade in her left hand. Because I couldn't think of anything else for her at the moment. And now I remember that she's in the softball team so I should have totally given her a bat instead. AAAAUGH!

The good news is that she was drawn all the way on the left side of the page so I can totally use up the rest of the page to perhaps have a second go at drawing Himeko. I wonder if there's a Japanese God of Softball...

The one thing that might help out making sure you have space to draw the whole character is measure out the space you'd need. You do this by measuring it out by head size. K-ON characters are about like 4 heads tall.
Keep it up! I love seeing people draw!

Another thing about Mugi that didn't show up in the anime: At one point she's
on the phone to one of the other girls, and she screams at her butler or someone, which I guess goes more into the spoiled rich girl thing.
Seemed kinda out of place, but still, just more personality.

on the phone to one of the other girls, and she screams at her butler or someone, which I guess goes more into the spoiled rich girl thing.
Yeah, that was pretty weird, but it was probably dropped because that whole part of the manga was changed to
Ritsu getting jealous over Mio hanging out with Nodoka
But it's true, I don't think it ever gets brought up again.

Yeah, that was pretty weird, but it was probably dropped because that whole part of the manga was changed to
Ritsu getting jealous over Mio hanging out with Nodoka
But it's true, I don't think it ever gets brought up again.

Yeaah, I noticed that bit wasn't there. Just how much did they add?!

Uraizen

Banned

Yeah, that part caught me off guard considering that's a side of her I had never seen. How about when yui couldn't pay the maintenance fee? In the anime they make it look like mugi tries to genuinely pay, but in the manga
she gives the guy a demonic stare while nobody is looking then goes back to normal when azusa looks at her.

Yeah, that part caught me off guard considering that's a side of her I had never seen. How about when yui couldn't pay the maintenance fee? In the anime they make it look like mugi tries to genuinely pay, but in the manga
she gives the guy a demonic stare while nobody is looking then goes back to normal when azusa looks at her.

Ahahaha, yeah. Seems like the differences are in the little things that you wouldn't notice if you weren't paying attention.

You're crazy. Season 2 is love.

KFDVr.jpg

Another fantastic pic, Watanabe :).

Part of me wants to rewatch K-ON again pretty much right now, but I think I'll give it at least a few more weeks...maybe :p. I think part of it is how largely disappointed I've been in more of the current stuff. Chuunibyou's been great and I'm still watching Girls und Panzer, JoJo, and Psycho Pass, but there's a lot lately that just hasn't grabbed me. I dunno *shrug*.

Anywho, per the music discussion earlier, my favorite song at the moment is Tenshi ni Fureta yo. I don't usually get outwardly emotional when I'm watching or listening to anything, but this last rewatch especially did it to me.

EDIT: Anyone here besides Billiechu and myself have a Wii U yet?

Yeaah, I noticed that bit wasn't there. Just how much did they add?!

The whole jealousy subplot basically stems from one scene in the manga where Ritsu sees Mio and Nodoka eating lunch together in class. In the manga she comes there to
ask Mio to help her study for the final exams
, in the anime they take that scene and combine it with the Yui getting her guitar fixed, making it into one of my favorite episodes from the first season. Though the whole Ritsu getting sick kinda made the whole Yui getting sick in the next episode seem kinda old hat, but whatever.
Mugi has a lot of little quirks that don't seem to get brought up all that often, like how she's really strong for example.
Anywho, per the music discussion earlier, my favorite song at the moment is Tenshi ni Fureta yo. I don't usually get outwardly emotional when I'm watching or listening to anything, but this last rewatch especially did it to me.

EDIT: Anyone here besides Billiechu and myself have a Wii U yet?

I really do like that song. The fact that they all get singing parts makes it really heartwarming.
And I don't have a Wii U yet...

Mugi has a lot of little quirks that don't seem to get brought up all that often, like how she's really strong for example.

Her
seemingly being into girls gets one hell of a lot more attention in the manga too, to the point of Ritsu saying she's turned into Sawa-chan when they're doing that maid cafe thing.
Not even sure what I need to spoiler at this point. >.<

Oh, ordered that DS Lite off amazon, and I've bought Pokemon White and White 2 to start off. Gonna get some more games with the amazon gift card I'm getting for Christmas :)

EDIT: New page, have some Jun! ;)
12d81493947c02f1bedd70ffcded68dc.png

Metrotab

Banned
Probably not gonna buy a console this new generation. I moved from PS3 to the PC over the past years, and video gaming, with few exceptions, isn't as interesting as it used to be.

Man, I want a Vita, but I think I'm gonna wait until the second hand price drops to about £100, or I can get it new for not too much more than that. :(

Her
seemingly being into girls gets one hell of a lot more attention in the manga too, to the point of Ritsu saying she's turned into Sawa-chan when they're doing that maid cafe thing.
Not even sure what I need to spoiler at this point. >.<
Yeah, it's kinda her defining trait in the manga, which is why she seems so out of it in the first season.
For people who haven't read the manga yet? How ever few people actually want to do that..

Yeah, it's kinda her defining trait in the manga, which is why she seems so out of it in the first season.
For people who haven't read the manga yet? How ever few people actually want to do that..

Haha, I know. To those of you who haven't: You should! It's worthwhile.

Top Bottom