• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Yeah. I'm definitely pleased I bought it, cause I was on the fence for a while. I've also got a load of other manga just sat on my shelves waiting to be read, but I always get sidetracked :(

I don't have a whole lot of manga myself, but it's great just how well the K-ON! books are printed. The colored pages are actually colored!

Oh, ordered that DS Lite off amazon, and I've bought Pokemon White and White 2 to start off. Gonna get some more games with the amazon gift card I'm getting for Christmas :)

EDIT: New page, have some Jun! ;)
12d81493947c02f1bedd70ffcded68dc.png

Glad you got that DS...great little system. I still have one heck of a backlog there too though :(. The only Pokemon I have is Conquest but what I played of it was pretty good.

Although I prefer Ui, I do like Jun too :)

I don't have a whole lot of manga myself, but it's great just how well the K-ON! books are printed. The colored pages are actually colored!

Yep, definitely impressed with the quality. I just need to finish reading them now.

How far through are you? I'm about half way through volume 3. Been trying to finish them off today, but every time I sit down to read, something more pressing turns up.
It's like Ritsus eyes on the cover are staring into my soul =\

It would be nice if they brought the Anthology books over too, but I doubt they ever will at this point.
There's always the College and Highschool books to get though. Looking forward to those!

It would be nice if they brought the Anthology books over too, but I doubt they ever will at this point.
There's always the College and Highschool books to get though. Looking forward to those!

Aye, me too. Hoping they'll be pre-orderable on amazon or something, so that I don't forget about them.

Uraizen

Banned
Oh, ordered that DS Lite off amazon, and I've bought Pokemon White and White 2 to start off. Gonna get some more games with the amazon gift card I'm getting for Christmas :)

That's not MegaMan Zero Collection or Bleach DS.

au8zi.gif

Yeah, it's kinda her defining trait in the manga, which is why she seems so out of it in the first season.
For people who haven't read the manga yet? How ever few people actually want to do that..

Everybody should read it for the real Mugi.

Uraizen

Banned
That's next on my list, as well as Bowsers Inside Story I reckon. Quite a lot of the DS games are really cheap, so I'll probably buy quite a few.

You didn't highlight the other, it's a fighter made by treasure that's based on a crappy anime. In other words, the game itself is very good.

You didn't highlight the other, it's a fighter made by treasure that's based on a crappy anime. In other words, the game itself is very good.

Which Bleach game? There appears to be a few different ones for the DS. I'll certainly look into picking it up :) Most of the games seem to be around the £10 mark, so they're cheap enough for me to buy without regretting it if I don't like them!

Uraizen

Banned
Which Bleach game? There appears to be a few different ones for the DS. I'll certainly look into picking it up :) Most of the games seem to be around the £10 mark, so they're cheap enough for me to buy without regretting it if I don't like them!

Well... the used ones seem to be in your price range. The game is Bleach Dark Souls which is published by Chet's favorite company.

Madao

the games are called Bleach: Blade of Fate and Bleach: Dark Souls. i found the first one for like $15 and the second for $20 a few years ago and got them. had a lot of fun and unlocked a lot of things. i eventually stopped playing due to no opponents to play against since no one else has DS games in my area.

the only thing i didn't like much was the english voice acting but that's because i watched the anime in japanese with subs ever since 2007. surpringly, these games didn't end up in my massive backlog and i beat them (though the first one sat unplayed among my other DS games for a few months)

for the person that asked who else has a wii u, i have a wii u too. my NNID is UchihaMadao.

Well... the used ones seem to be in your price range. The game is Bleach Dark Souls which is published by Chet's favorite company.

Haha, yeah. I'm willing to spend more than that on games, it just seems like a nice round number.
And I need to try not to spend all of my monthly bursary, like I have been recently! :(

Edit: @Uchi, the voice acting probably wont bother me too much, as I haven't watched Bleach at all :)

Uraizen

Banned
the only thing i didn't like much was the english voice acting but that's because i watched the anime in japanese with subs ever since 2007.

Same, but the ones with the english VAs include balance changes. This is probably one of the best games available on the DS and might be one of the most overlooked. I very rarely see anybody else recommend it because they don't know it exists. Yes, it's a fighter based on an anime, but it's really good.

Madao

Haha, yeah. I'm willing to spend more than that on games, it just seems like a nice round number.
And I need to try not to spend all of my monthly bursary, like I have been recently! :(

Edit: @Uchi, the voice acting probably wont bother me too much, as I haven't watched Bleach at all :)

i bet you'll enjoy the game even more. having watched the show twists your perception of the characters and you end up thinking "man, this guy sucks and he's so strong in the anime" often.

Madao

Same, but the ones with the english VAs include balance changes. This is probably one of the best games available on the DS and might be one of the most overlooked. I very rarely see anybody else recommend it because they don't know it exists. Yes, it's a fighter based on an anime, but it's really good.

i bet we can call it the Goldeneye of fighting games (minus the popularity).

Uraizen

Banned
i bet we can call it the Goldeneye of fighting games (minus the popularity).

Had to spend a little time thinking of whether or not I would go that far. I mean, Jojo's exists
not that stupid new one, the Capcom one
it's good, but I don't know if I can say it's the Goldeneye of fighters.

Aye, me too. Hoping they'll be pre-orderable on amazon or something, so that I don't forget about them.
I'm excited for them!
That's next on my list, as well as Bowsers Inside Story I reckon. Quite a lot of the DS games are really cheap, so I'll probably buy quite a few.
The one thing I love about the Mario and Luigi games is that if you're good enough, you can go through the entire game and take no damage.

They were great, until they died.

PS Congrats to inversemateria for becoming a full member!
YBINe.gif

I'm excited for them!

The one thing I love about the Mario and Luigi games is that if you're good enough, you can go through the entire game and take no damage.

They were great, until they died.

PS Congrats to inversemateria for becoming a full member!
YBINe.gif

Haha, thanks ;) I got a bit worried when I hit 302 and was still junior. Not even sure what happened :p Pretty much 2/3 of my posts are in K-ON GAF anyways!

Mugi made a comment about how they would watch Azusa n' friends perform at the next school festival!
She lied =|

How do you know they weren't there?
Haha, thanks ;) I got a bit worried when I hit 302 and was still junior. Not even sure what happened :p Pretty much 2/3 of my posts are in K-ON GAF anyways!
Maybe they're not automatic or something. I don't remember how it goes. In any case, you're no longer a junior!
3yc9v.gif

High five for picking Winning White.

also get ghost trick
LYgXP.gif

Yeah :p I was looking through the exclusive things, and the pokemon for white seemed to look more awesome. That, and the prospect of a forest rather than a city or somesuch.

They weren't, I can feel it.

Well, that's depressing :(

Edit: By the way, if I'm quoting you guys and you post images, do they show up again? I can hardly see any, so I'm wondering whether or not I should remove the img tags to avoid picture spam.
Edit again : Just realised how silly that question is, but I'm so used to being on this terrible network now :( Can't wait to get home for Christmas and view K-ON GAF in all of its glory.

Okay, real reason:
Didn't it take place at the same time HTT's challenge took place?

Just because they're the last thing that happened in their respective books doesn't mean they happened at the same time. Though you have to remember, I haven't really read these books yet...
6Eo4c.gif

Uraizen

Banned
Just because they're the last thing that happened in their respective books doesn't mean they happened at the same time. Though you have to remember, I haven't really read these books yet...
]

Ah, I see.

8i9GO.gif

I'm pretty sure it took place in the same time frame at least. I think if they showed up the author would want to highlight that. It was kinda what I had been waiting for the entire time...

My Mio Nendoroid came in today! Holy crap was that fast.

Aaaaaand it's set aside until the Winter holiday when I have time to open it up and pose it or whatever the heck. I might also just be waiting for the Ritsu Nendoroid to arrive too.

Crap, I might buy all of them at this rate.

Ah, I see.

I'm pretty sure it took place in the same time frame at least. I think if they showed up the author would want to highlight that. It was kinda what I had been waiting for the entire time...
Considering how abrupt the ending was, I don't think Kakifly cared at that point.
WjgbD.gif

My Mio Nendoroid came in today! Holy crap was that fast.

Aaaaaand it's set aside until the Winter holiday when I have time to open it up and pose it or whatever the heck. I might also just be waiting for the Ritsu Nendoroid to arrive too.

Crap, I might buy all of them at this rate.

But of course! Once you've bought a nendo, there's no turning back!
I can't wait to see pictures of it!

Man, I wish I wasn't sick as... well, as sick as Yui was in S1E12. ;;>_> Throat's busted, used up countless tissue to combat a runny nose, and I've got more Japanese quizzes in the morning. Woo.

I'd like to get something drawn for the 10k posts, we'll see.

Top Bottom