• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

But it's page 199!
EgXzs.gif

I'm going to save the real celebrations until after we hit 10,000 posts, which is probably coming up pretty soon at this rate. lol

Yeah, it'll probably hit it very soon. Pokemon White 2 arrived this morning! Now I just need the first one and the DS to arrive so I can actually play it.

I'm still not feeling very christmassy :( But I don't normally start getting in the Christmas spirit until after my birthday =\ So.. We'll see :D

How far through are you? I'm about half way through volume 3. Been trying to finish them off today, but every time I sit down to read, something more pressing turns up.
It's like Ritsus eyes on the cover are staring into my soul =\

I'm...still on the first volume. Haven't had enough free time for everything and reading tends to be the first thing sacrificed. I will try to read through the rest in the next couple of weeks though.

100ppp FTW :p. Looking forward to seeing this get to 10,000 and beyond. Best thread on GAF.

Funny, this was me by the end of last week's Oracle training:

HXJC7.gif

Still pretty busy, but at least not brain-meltingly so.

Man, I wish I wasn't sick as... well, as sick as Yui was in S1E12. ;;>_> Throat's busted, used up countless tissue to combat a runny nose, and I've got more Japanese quizzes in the morning. Woo.

I'd like to get something drawn for the 10k posts, we'll see.
yiJZm.gif

It sucks being sick, hope you get over it soon in time for the school festival!
I'm still not feeling very christmassy :( But I don't normally start getting in the Christmas spirit until after my birthday =\ So.. We'll see :D
The first real major snow fall is when I start to feel like it's Christmas time.
Not for the 100 post per page master race.

The higher number sounds cooler.

Man, I wish I wasn't sick as... well, as sick as Yui was in S1E12. ;;>_> Throat's busted, used up countless tissue to combat a runny nose, and I've got more Japanese quizzes in the morning. Woo.

I'd like to get something drawn for the 10k posts, we'll see.

Hope you get well soon. Trying to study for anything can be hard enough without being sick. Then again I'm trying to remember if I ever actually studied for my quizzes in Japanese class when I was in college :p

The first real major snow fall is when I start to feel like it's Christmas time.

Honestly, it tends to take me awhile to get into the mood/spirit. I'll tend to watch various Christmas anime episodes to get in the mood.

Now I'm suddenly wanting K-ON Christmas tree ornaments. An angelic Yui/Mugi (or perhaps even Mio) as a tree topper would be perfect :D

We sometimes don't get any major snowfall until the following March, though I do hope we get some this December. I think it snowed two nights ago, but it was all melted by the time I woke up :(

I'm ok with snow, as long as it's not like 20-something inches at once.
That's when the real fun begins!
We sometimes don't get any major snowfall until the following March, though I do hope we get some this December. I think it snowed two nights ago, but it was all melted by the time I woke up :(

Last year was really disappointing as far as snow went. I hope it's better this year.

dluu13

That's when the real fun begins!

Last year was really disappointing as far as snow went. I hope it's better this year.

Last year, it got cold really early over here in Vancouver so that the mountains opened for skiing early. But then as winter went on, it just got warmer and warmer and we ended up with the signature west coast winter. (That just means rain and freezing rain)

Yeah, same here. I really like it when it snows! Just the sound of it underfoot, and how clean everything looks. Very nice :)
Yeah, as long as you're not in the city. Though when it's actually snowing it's nice.
Last year, it got cold really early over here in Vancouver so that the mountains opened for skiing early. But then as winter went on, it just got warmer and warmer and we ended up with the signature west coast winter. (That just means rain and freezing rain)
Oh I can't stand freezing rain. Especially if it gets colder afterwards, all that ice everywhere.

dluu13

What's worse is when it rains or freezing rains WHILE you're skiing. Just terrible. And because there wasn't that much snow, there were random rocks everywhere.

Then you'd get these random bits of snow that makes the terrain look all nice, but the warm weather has made it all crusty, so you're just skiing over ice that looks like powder snow. Right now is not much better. It's like 10 degrees outside.

What's worse is when it rains or freezing rains WHILE you're skiing. Just terrible. And because there wasn't that much snow, there were random rocks everywhere.

Then you'd get these random bits of snow that makes the terrain look all nice, but the warm weather has made it all crusty, so you're just skiing over ice that looks like powder snow. Right now is not much better. It's like 10 degrees outside.

It's been a long time since I've ever went skiing. Of course, never down an actual mountain, you won't find any real mountains in Minnesota.

The only people who get excited about snow are the people who don't have a driveway to shovel. Snow is my worst enemy.

Hahaha, I don't have a driveway, but if it snows, I often have to clear my Grandmothers.
I guess I'm just weird in that I absolutely love cold weather, as well as crazy weather like extremely heavy rain/winds. Makes you feel awesome!

dluu13

The last time I had to shovel snow was back in 2008 or something like that. It was insane. There was barely any snow after that though.

I just don't like Spring and Fall. The weather is just all over the place during these seasons. One day it will be really warm and sunny, the next could be really cold and snowing, then right afterwards get warm again. I like the somewhat stable weather of Summer and Winter a lot better.

Uraizen

Banned
Thanks! 'Tis a shame that I had to retire Paper Mio somewhat early, but I suppose being festive is nice once in a while.

You can just bring her back after Christmas, paper Mio was pretty cool. I might switch back to Hazama after Christmas.

I like the idea of snow, but when it actually happens I remember that it makes everything cold and slippery and I can't wait for it to disappear.
Now that I think about it, I'm pretty much like that with every season. I look forward to it because I don't like the current season but then it rolls around and it's too hot/rainy/cold and the cycle begins anew.

My criteria for shitty weather is pretty straightforward. Is it hot? Yes? Then it fucking sucks.

Metrotab

Banned
Snow is beautiful, but very unhandy.

I hate how the snow isn't staying yet, so you can wake up in Winter Wonderland and afternoon it's already wet fall but with extra cold.

I might switch back to Hazama after Christmas.
No.
Snow is beautiful, but very unhandy.

I hate how the snow isn't staying yet, so you can wake up in Winter Wonderland and afternoon it's already wet fall but with extra cold.

Yeah, it's snowed a few times already this season, just nothing has really stayed though. There was the snow that came down on Thanksgiving that stayed a week or so, but then it got warmer and rained, so it's all gone now.

Might as well get in the Christmas avatar spirit. :) Alas, I've switched to Yui.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a decent image, then edit it down to avatar size without jaggies using paint? I almost cracked.

Might as well get in the Christmas avatar spirit. :) Alas, I've switched to Yui.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a decent image, then edit it down to avatar size without jaggies using paint? I almost cracked.

Ah man, no more Megumi.
Then again, I don't know any art of her dressed Christmas like either...
at8F4.gif

And no, I don't really understand mspaint...

I had to hide after I told it. Mio has nothing on the fear I felt from reading that story back to myself.

I almost cried when I read it..

Ah man, no more Megumi.
Then again, I don't know any art of her dressed Christmas like either...
at8F4.gif

And no, I don't really understand mspaint...

I know :( I had a pretty good look for one of Megumi, too. I'll probably have to find another one of her for after the festive season.

EDIT: Oops, double post with a gap :s Gaf just had a spasm on me. Have some Megumi.
tumblr_m2y00bZKa81rrq332o1_r1_500.jpg

Paint is the bane of my existence. I loved photoshop back when my friend had CS2, but last time I tried to use newer ones, it was insane. It costs too much, too :(

Hmm... the one from the manga didn't hide her stomach!
Like I said, way more fanservice-y
I know :( I had a pretty good look for one of Megumi, too. I'll probably have to find another one of her for after the festive season.
Paint is the bane of my existence. I loved photoshop back when my friend had CS2, but last time I tried to use newer ones, it was insane. It costs too much, too :(

Maybe I can help... Give me some time!

Like I said, way more fanservice-y

Maybe I can help... Give me some time!

Cool :) If you do get time to make one, could you upload it to something that isn't imgur? That's the one I can't see pictures on on this network, blocked due to it being unmoderated or somesuch.

I know, Sawako managing to cop a feel of Mio surprised the hell out of me. Sawako got more action in the manga than she did in the anime.

Haha, while they're in the bath too. Sawa-chan is insane.

I don't think I could get enough time to draw it all myself, but I think I can draw a santa hat or something on Megumi.

Honestly, that would be awesome :)

Edit: And only 42 posts till the big 10K! Easily achievable before the weekend.

Top Bottom