• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

I'm really glad I made this thread.
Cool, thanks! Though I'm sure Chet already has made every possible gif that I could conceive of :p.
i1HGPSrC0uO8D.gif

This is the only gif I actually made...
I never understand Chet's pie chart, because he uses similar colors over and over for different people.

Happy Birthday, K-ON! GAF!

It's just the default colors in Excel. Since I don't really know how to use excel all that well, I just left it as is.

Esura

Banned
Watching K-ON! is known to relieve pain
And the choice should be obvious as to which one you should read.

Not really, as I like both Bleach and K-ON!

I'm gonna check out my local comic book store and see if my guy has any before I peep out Amazon.

There is a reason I linked to some of those. ;)

I like. Post some kini stuff.

Don't like CoD games in general, sorry. They never seem to go down in price in a reasonable time frame either.

Don't be sorry. Just in an online co-op or TDMish playing mood right now and I can't fall back on MGO anymore. :(

As someone who still reads Bleach, this is a bad idea.

Yeah, it's kind of sucking ass right now unlike Naruto. After these two shonens I have nothing else to read except for slice of life-ish stuff and Claymore.

Kazzy

i thought the thread was older. just 8 months?

has the pace slowed down or sped up?

It is a different thread, nowadays. But I miss those halcyon days
when there was some semblance of quality!

But I digress, it's nice to see that the thread is active when people aren't around, because as it was before, it could become inactive for days (yes, days!) if a couple of posters seemingly became busy.

Uraizen

Banned
I like. Post some kini stuff.

Didn't save any since there was really no difference between the manga and anime when it came to that, surprisingly.

Yeah, it's kind of sucking ass right now unlike Naruto. After these two shonens I have nothing else to read except for slice of life-ish stuff and Claymore.

One Piece.

Why you gotta be so mean? Every post made here by any of us is gold. Besides, every mega thread has its more... interesting moments.

But I digress, it's nice to see that the thread is active when people aren't around, because as it was before, it could become inactive for days (yes, days!) if a couple of posters seemingly became busy.

Hard to imagine it would be inactive for days, especially when you guys always give me something to respond to.

That's only because no one writes reviews like you do! I'm glad you've stuck around since then.
Even if you just recently finished watching the whole show...
And yeah, there were times during the summer that were like that. I made sure not to give up!
Dammit, Mio is quite alluring on that cover. :(

Btw, sick avatar.

I thought this thread was a year old.
That's because Mio is the best!
And thanks!

We still got 4 moe months left before then.
Hard to imagine it would be inactive for days, especially when you guys always give me something to respond to.

It's generally frowned upon to have a conversation with yourself on GAF.

dluu13

Aw man, I used to be fifth on that posts list (back in August).

And hooray for K-on-GAF. It got me out of Junior status.

Kazzy

Why you gotta be so mean? Every post made here by any of us is gold. Besides, every mega thread has its more... interesting moments.

Resident Tsundere!

And I all but used up all my deredere moments during Chet's ban.

That's only because no one writes reviews like you do!

That is probably a good thing!

It did take me this long to finish it all.
But that was mainly because I refused to let go.

It's generally frowned upon to have a conversation with yourself on GAF.

The Nintendo threads beg to differ!

Uraizen

Banned
*shields up*

I hate One Piece. Stop liking it years ago after a certain arc.

First 3s and now One Piece? I don't understand how I can hate and love someone so much at the same time.

Uquq9.gif

Resident Tsundere!

I need some deredere sometimes...
I think I left during that, I almost didn't come back.

You could review the manga next.

You make it sound like not one single person would reply to something you said for days.
Well, Kazzy is being a little dramatic, but there were a few times I'd double post just in order for there to be a post for a day.
So dang, this thread is as new as me almost.
If you check the first page, there's a lot people questioning why I made the thread at this point.
Resident Tsundere!

I don't think I got to say this, but I appreciated the kind words you said then. I never let a fellow K-ON! fan down!

I really did enjoy your thoughts on the show! And I haven't let go yet either, probably why I made this thread. lol

The Nintendo threads beg to differ!
This is a joke, but I don't think I get the reference.

Esura

Banned
First 3s and now One Piece? I don't understand how I can hate and love someone so much at the same time.

Uquq9.gif

Because we both like the same characters in K-ON! and I assume we like many of the same fighters sans 3S. :p

If you check the first page, there's a lot people questioning why I made the thread at this point.

They would probably be salty now. He who laugh last laugh for another day.

Uraizen

Banned
Well, Kazzy is being a little dramatic, but there were a few times I'd double post just in order for there to be a post for a day.

I have a phone with a browser and a data plan. As long as nothing terrible happens to me, I'll usually check at least once a day.

Oof, just did, jman was salty as fuck, damn.

Because we both like the same characters in K-ON! and I assume we like many of the same fighters sans 3S. :p

Which just happens to be the best one and my all time favorite! Alas, you are right, we bond over our taste in K-On! girls, just not certain games and anime.

OceanBlue

I haven't been around for a long time, but I've felt that activity in the K-On thread had picked up recently for some reason. I guess you all have kinda explained that feeling.

Uraizen

Banned
Also, figured I'd save my 1,000th GAF post for this thread. I like it here :).

Odd, this exact post is my 1,000th post on GAF as well. Congrats to you and congrats to me.

A path more lurkers should follow!

They should, I have specific people in mind whenever I say "lurkers."

I haven't been around for a long time, but I've felt that activity in the K-On thread had picked up recently for some reason. I guess you all have kinda explained that feeling.

I never felt it was slow, but I probably showed up when it started getting active again.

Metrotab

Banned
I really like the format I'm taking for my LOGH posts, taking a single line to captivate the feeling and material of the entire episode. Probably gonna do the same for my eventual K-On!(!)-rewatch.

I'm not sure what it is, I guess everyone had nothing better to do at the same time.
They should, I have specific people in mind whenever I say "lurkers."

I don't want to name any names but...

I never felt it was slow, but I probably showed up when it started getting active again.
You really did come at a more active time. The down time probably comes from the fact that it was summer.
I really like the format I'm taking for my LOGH posts, taking a single line to captivate the feeling and material of the entire episode. Probably gonna do the same for my eventual K-On!(!)-rewatch.
Sometimes you really don't need long posts to describe things.
I will do my part then :).

PF4PN

For you, K-ON GAF!

And by that, I mean every single month has to have that many posts, if not more so...

Kazzy

I'm not sure what it is, I guess everyone had nothing better to do at the same time.

Well I had just graduated, so pretty much!

I don't think I got to say this, but I appreciated the kind words you said then. I never let a fellow K-ON! fan down!

Well, you know, I could hardly let the thread flounder.
And I had a Mugi takeover to see to!

*shields up*

I hate One Piece. Stop liking it years ago after a certain arc.

I've never watched it, so I can't won't pass judgement on it. I could never quite get past my problems with the art style, in all honesty.

You could review the manga next.

Been meaning to finish that for months. Maybe.

And by that, I mean every single month has to have that many posts, if not more so...

Challenge accepted! Though I won't be posting much tomorrow or Friday :( Doing a firefighting short course, and I'm fully expecting to be half dead. Fun though! Will definitely be here most of Saturday, going home for my birthday ;)

Edit: New page again, more K-ON for thee!

Uraizen

Banned
I don't want to name any names but...

Nafe, please, you're so nice. =(

You really did come at a more active time. The down time probably comes from the fact that it was summer.

I also brought a few people with me.
Shame only one of them stayed active, but at least it was someone awesome.

I'm not sure if I have that much to say...

I've never watched it, so I can't won't pass judgement on it. I could never quite get past my problems with the art style, in all honesty.

I got past it and enjoyed the hell out of it. I tell people to watch/read One Piece like poyunch tells people to watch Kokoro Connect.
It worked.

Been meaning to finish that for months. Maybe.

I posted my review of it a page or two ago! =D
By review, I mean lewd pictures and complaining about Mugi's lack of yuri-vision in the anime.

Kazzy

Challenge accepted! Though I won't be posting much tomorrow or Friday :( Doing a firefighting short course, and I'm fully expecting to be half dead. Fun though! Will definitely be here most of Saturday, going home for my birthday ;)

Edit: New page again, more K-ON for thee!

I can't let something like that pass through unnoticed. Please tell me that it's all I imagine it to be, and not simply a lecture or something on safety procedures.

I posted my review of it a page or two ago! =D
By review, I mean lewd pictures and complaining about Mugi's lack of yuri-vision in the anime.

I read your Mugi criticisms. They have been noted.

When did you start drawing this? Did you have this planned?!
Since last night I knew I wanted to draw something for K-ON GAF's 10k, only had the time to do it after the quiz run in Japanese class when I made it to work around noon today. If I could, I'd draw the rest of the cast in there. I think I'll keep it simple for now, just Yui and Yu.

Hah. Yui and Yu.

inversemateria said:
Firefighter Training Badassery

Holy crap. Hope you kick ass out there!!

I can't let something like that pass through unnoticed. Please tell me that it's all I imagine it to be, and not simply a lecture or something on safety procedures.

Today was theory then using extinguishers. Tomorrow is theory for the morning, then a cold smoke exercise inside a training unit, we have to search the place and find the body. Then Friday morning we go into the unit after they've got a proper fire going, have to navigate it when it's filled with smoke, tackle the fire and find a mock casualty, then get out whilst carrying it. Seems like its gonna be so much fun, whilst being very hard :p

Top Bottom