• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

dluu13

I actually haven't watched any anime for a long time cause it just felt like there was nothing worth watching. So you are all saying I should watch Chuunibyou?

And by that, I mean every single month has to have that many posts, if not more so...

I shall also take this as a challenge :D. The more gifs I accumulate the easier it will get too...

Heh, this is only the basic course too. I think I have to do the advanced one in a couple of years. I need to be fully prepared to do that kind of stuff, cause if there's a fire when I'm working, we can't get the fire brigade out to the middle of the sea god knows where in the world :p SOO EXCITED!

You are a super badass in my book. Hope all continues to go well, and I'll certainly be looking forward to reading about your progress!

I'm surprised nobody other than Chet tried to argue/debate with me about my views on manga Mugi vs anime Mugi.

As soon as I actually get around to finishing the manga I will try to remember to weigh in on this :). I don't really have any solid opinion just yet.

I actually haven't watched any anime for a long time cause it just felt like there was nothing worth watching. So you are all saying I should watch Chuunibyou?

I would say yes...I'm really enjoying it. Girls und Panzer has been surprisingly fun as well.

It's easy to get the next 10,000 posts. All we have to do is discuss whatever it is that we like. It doesn't seem too far-fetched that we will all like related things to some extent. Being fans of K-ON! means we have some sort of connection in terms of things we like.

For example, I know some of you guys are watching Chuunibyou. It is after all the currently airing KyoAni show. The rest of you who aren't actually are missing out. Episode 10 is packed with the sorts of feels that you can only get from KyoAni these days it seems. Chuunibyou is rapidly advancing towards the position of my favorite show this season, and unless Shinsekai Yori does something awesome soon it will soon give up it's place to Chuunbyou and rightfully so. SSY is going to have double the episode count so it's a slower burn. Ceding the seasonal pole position to the faster-moving single-cour Chuunibyou is a more than reasonable ending for this season's final tally.
Oh, let me rephrase that. I don't think getting to a second thread would be hard or impossible, I'm just saying getting one before April 11th is kind of a tall order and I don't want you all to think that we need to do this.

And yes, talking about things you like in here is perfectly fine. You wanna recommend people here should watch Hyouka since it's like the most godly thing to hit the TV screen since ever? That's ok. Say that you've been watching Dog Days and think it's pretty good show and others here might like it? That's ok. Go on and on about how Persona 4 is the best game ever? That's ok. I'm not against this. All I'm saying is that we don't completely lose focus on why we're all here in the first place. K-ON!
Fun things are fun.
At the very least you should check it out. I like it so far.
Finished Dishonored! Now I got to put up my Christmas tree... :(
PiF7Y.gif

But decorating a tree can be fun!
I shall also take this as a challenge :D. The more gifs I accumulate the easier it will get too...
LldWN.gif

As soon as I actually get around to finishing the manga I will try to remember to weigh in on this :). I don't really have any solid opinion just yet.
You definitely should give the manga a try. I may not think it's as great as the anime, but it's really fun anyways.

PiF7Y.gif

But decorating a tree can be fun!

LldWN.gif

You definitely should give the manga a try. I may not think it's as great as the anime, but it's really fun anyways.

And thank you for providing me two more gifs :p. But seriously, little Yui/Ui in that Christmas episode are sooooooo cute...another reason why they are right there with Mugi as my favorites.

I will make it my mission to get through the manga during the weekend, as much as I can. And of course report back to K-ON GAF ;).

And thank you for providing me two more gifs :p. But seriously, little Yui/Ui in that Christmas episode are sooooooo cute...another reason why they are right there with Mugi as my favorites.

I will make it my mission to get through the manga during the weekend, as much as I can. And of course report back to K-ON GAF ;).

KUktT.gif

I was thinking for an idea for a new season of K-ON! if they don't want to do the college years or whatever. They could always have them do stories they had when they were younger/kids. Flesh out their pasts a little bit, would be a cool excuse doing some Sawako in the old club too. I don't know, just an idea.

patapuf

KUktT.gif

I was thinking for an idea for a new season of K-ON! if they don't want to do the college years or whatever. They could always have them do stories they had when they were younger/kids. Flesh out their pasts a little bit, would be a cool excuse doing some Sawako in the old club too. I don't know, just an idea.

So we'd have sawako's highschool years, Ritsu and Mio metting in kindergarden and Ui and Yui antics.... i'd watch that.

I would love to see Sawako: the High School days.
I'd rather see college than younger HTT though.
I'd just like more K-ON!, though I guess I might like to see college more,
if they can give it a proper ending in any case.
Still, there's a lot of things they can explore with things before the band got together.
So we'd have sawako's highschool years, Ritsu and Mio metting in kindergarden and Ui and Yui antics.... i'd watch that.

Yeah something like that, and also Mugi hanging out with her childhood friend from the manga, Sumire, and doing all sorts of lady like things. And lets not forget Nodoka and Jun!
The only one I'm not sure about is Azusa. We don't really know anything about what she did before she joined the club outside of her parents being musicians as well. I guess they'd have the most freedom with her childhood.

Uraizen

Banned
On phone, don't feel like quoting and editing. Yes, everybody should watch chuu2, it is a very amusing show.

I'm not sure of a show that explores their childhood since they wouldn't be together. It could also be difficult to make it flow well since it would be scattered bits and pieces of each of their childhoods. It could make for a decent OVA-ish episode that's forty minutes.

Sorry if I'm being a bit mean. Not feeling too well today.

On phone, don't feel like quoting and editing. Yes, everybody should watch chuu2, it is a very amusing show.

I'm not sure of a show that explores their childhood since they wouldn't be together. It could also be difficult to make it flow well since it would be scattered bits and pieces of each of their childhoods. It could make for a decent OVA-ish episode that's forty minutes.

There might not be enough there for a full season, as you're right that they wouldn't get to meet each other, but I think they can get more out if it than like one episode. Something like 6 episode OVA could work. They could also have like the lead up to why they all come to go to the same school as everyone. Just a neat idea I had this morning.
I hope you feel better soon!
I just woke up and my elder brother came over and did it. Dammit. I wanted credit for it. :(

Btw, you must give up your gif secrets. Where is you getting all these adorable K-ON! gifs!?

A master never gives away his secrets!
Google search, which mostly brings me to tumblr. lol
fvWxP.gif

Metrotab

Banned
I would definitely watch a Sawako prequel OVA. In fact, it's so obvious it surprises me they didn't make it. Then again, there's lots of 'obvious' stuff the Japanese anime industry manages to overlook.

I would definitely watch a Sawako prequel OVA. In fact, it's so obvious it surprises me they didn't make it. Then again, there's lots of 'obvious' stuff the Japanese anime industry manages to overlook.
dgbX7.gif

It would be nice to know who the other people of her band is, besides the one we know of. I don't think the drummer and bassists even have full names.

Metrotab

Banned
It would also be a nice way for KyoAni to showcase an older model of Japanese education, in a detailed and accurate way like always.

Then again, Sawako isn't that old, is she? What's her age?

I don't think they ever give an age. She must be a fairly new teacher, as 3-2 is her first homeroom assignment. She's probably in her mid to late 20s since she's worrying about getting married and what not.
Now that I think about it, who were the girls that were in the club just prior to HTT saving it from disbanding? The last group couldn't have just been Sawako's as they say the last club members just graduated the year before Yui and co. start their freshman year there.

It would also be a nice way for KyoAni to showcase an older model of Japanese education, in a detailed and accurate way like always.

I'm about 90% sure that in the manga, she says in 5 years she'll be 30, so 25.

Hope you're feeling a bit better soon, Uraizen.

Uraizen

Banned
There might not be enough there for a full season, as you're right that they wouldn't get to meet each other, but I think they can get more out if it than like one episode. Something like 6 episode OVA could work. They could also have like the lead up to why they all come to go to the same school as everyone. Just a neat idea I had this morning.
I hope you feel better soon!

I think it's a neat idea, I'm just not sure how long you could make something like that. I guess it could work if they split it up into episodes like this:

Mio/Ritsu
Yui/Ui
Mugi/Sumire
Azusa
Sawako n' gang
Episode where everybody decides to go to the same school somehow.

Or something like that.
Thanks.

Hope you're feeling a bit better soon, Uraizen.

Danke.

I'm about 90% sure that in the manga, she says in 5 years she'll be 30, so 25.
She's exactly a Christmas Cake then. hohoho
I think it's a neat idea, I'm just not sure how long you could make something like that. I guess it could work if they split it up into episodes like this:

Mio/Ritsu
Yui/Ui
Mugi/Sumire
Azusa
Sawako n' gang
Episode where everybody decides to go to the same school somehow.

Or something like that.

Don't forget Nodoka being Yui's childhood friend and Jun being Ui's friend
At least it's implied that they were friends in middle school at least in the manga, seeing they were wearing the same middle school uniforms when they checked out the club. She also says they're friends.

She seems to be more invested in feeling up boobs and looking up the skirts of high school girls anyways.

She really does. Not sure if the girls replace her lack of boyfriend, or if she just likes that kind of thing.
My guess is the latter. Sawako loves dem high schoolers.

LayLa

just had a thought ... is the K-On PSP game playable on Vita?
ie. is it on Japanese PSN, and can this be bought from other regions?

She really does. Not sure if the girls replace her lack of boyfriend, or if she just likes that kind of thing.
My guess is the latter. Sawako loves dem high schoolers.
wPX0C.gif

I don't think it is sadly. Someone with a JPN PSN could say though.
Ah, right, I forgot they existed. I guess there's a bit more content to explore than I had originally thought.
Exactly. The only one I don't know anything about is Azusa, though she probably was a stick in the mud as a kid as she was in high school.

Uraizen

Banned
Exactly. The only one I don't know anything about is Azusa, though she probably was a stick in the mud as a kid as she was in high school.

Remember how she was the only one who was alone when checking to see if she made it into the school? That was probably a good representation of her middle school life. Oh, and whatever happened to that other girl she was hanging out with in the first episode she showed up? I wonder why you never saw them hanging out again, HMM... Azusa was a little brat up until the end of season two. She talked shit about Ritsu and Yui behind their backs and whined up a storm that would put some of my exs to shame. I bet Mio only gave her attention because she's nice and pitied her.
Damn, I'm ranting up a storm about anything and everything today. I actually feel a little bad for poor cjkeats now.

Remember how she was the only one who was alone when checking to see if she made it into the school? That was probably a good representation of her middle school life. Oh, and whatever happened to that other girl she was hanging out with in the first episode she showed up? I wonder why you never saw them hanging out again, HMM... Azusa was a little brat up until the end of season two. She talked shit about Ritsu and Yui behind their backs and whined up a storm that would put some of my exs to shame. I bet Mio only gave her attention because she's nice and pitied her.
Damn, I'm ranting up a storm about anything and everything today. I actually feel a little bad for poor cjkeats now.

She probably had 8th grader syndrome. Oh ho ho ho~!
Her introduction in the manga was pretty weird in how enthusiastic she was about joining the club. Especially considering the kind of person she turns out to be.

Uraizen

Banned
She probably had 8th grader syndrome. Oh ho ho ho~!
Her introduction in the manga was pretty weird in how enthusiastic she was about joining the club. Especially considering the kind of person she turns out to be.

She doesn't exactly change that much post-HTT either despite the way season 2 ends. Sumire ends up becoming my favorite from the new gang.

Uraizen

Banned
[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/KxaHk.jpg[/IMG]
dat yurop blood.

'Dat yurop blood is in my veins!
No matter what Kandrick says.
You've seen me, Chet, you know! You can totally vouch for me. I wonder if I would have liked K-On!! a lot more if Mugi was replaced with Sumire.

Uraizen

Banned
Isn't she basically a Mugi'd Mio? Or would that be a Mio'd Mugi?

Either way, she is a much better character overall. Not sure if I would compare her to Mio, it feels more like she has her own personality. Now that I think about it, she might actually be my second favorite.

Either way, she is a much better character overall. Not sure if I would compare her to Mio, it feels more like she has her own personality. Now that I think about it, she might actually be my second favorite.

I'll have to take your word for it. At least for now.
Why don't they have a keyboardist? Did Ui really need to play the guitar too? A band isn't complete without a keyboardist.

I'll have to take your word for it. At least for now.
Why don't they have a keyboardist? Did Ui really need to play the guitar too? A band isn't complete without a keyboardist.
In the last part of the episode where you hear Azusa with Ui and Jun practicing in the club room as the original four leave, isn't somebody on keyboard there? I always thought that was Ui given that Jun is on bass in the jazz club.

cjkeats

Sadly, it's not, I had that same realization when I was getting the Project Diva demo, and spent hours trying to figure out how to search for it with the moon runes. It's not there. :(

LayLa

Sadly, it's not, I had that same realization when I was getting the Project Diva demo, and spent hours trying to figure out how to search for it with the moon runes. It's not there. :(

awww, hopefully it will be up at some point.
i made some more miis! haha.
af4gi.jpg
RPxBu.jpg

In the last part of the episode where you hear Azusa with Ui and Jun practicing in the club room as the original four leave, isn't somebody on keyboard there? I always thought that was Ui given that Jun is on bass in the jazz club.
In the manga when Ui and Jun join, Ui plays the guitar. If KyoAni ever makes a 3rd season, I hope they change it her playing the organ or keyeboard instead.
Does anyone here know if there's a dresscode at a classical music concert?
Yes, you should wear something nice.
awww, hopefully it will be up at some point.
i made some more miis! haha.
af4gi.jpg
RPxBu.jpg
i1HGPSrC0uO8D.gif

Love those Miis!
Mio has a bust.
Yui needs to remember.
Azusa is mean.

Or something like that.
Yeah she does.

dluu13

Does anyone here know if there's a dresscode at a classical music concert?

It depends. If it's just one of those concerts done by your university orchestra, it's not as formal. That being said, I never dress up too much anyway. I just wear whatever I wore to school that day when I go to the university concerts.

Top Bottom