• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
Skype is good.

Can't believe you didn't get my God of War III reference though...unless you haven't played it. :(

Skype it is.

I have played it, but I don't remember it that well.

Yes in a not very fun way either. Zelda II is a much better game.

I don't think they're hard, but it's not because I find them easy. It's just that it feels like they're designed around pattern memorization and you can always make yourself stronger if you lose a lot by grinding for materials to upgrade yourself. I don't know how people got used to the parry in the console versions considering how shit the framerate is...

I don't think they're hard, but it's not because I find them easy. It's just that it feels like they're designed around pattern memorization and you can always make yourself stronger if you lose a lot by grinding for materials to upgrade yourself.

That's basically what Monster Hunter is, but fun.

Uraizen

Banned

Oh, you...

fCtxe.gif

Madao

well, i did mention luck trolling me in the previous page.

i ordered a miniature figure but these had the quirk that they send them randomly and you can't pick one specifically. i went and tried my luck and landed this:

i guess it was inevitable for her to pop up since i already have a Ritsu at home. she looks kinda cute there.
i was crossing my fingers for a Yui.

dluu13

i ordered a miniature figure but these had the quirk that they send them randomly and you can't pick one specifically. i went and tried my luck and landed this:

i guess it was inevitable for her to pop up since i already have a Ritsu at home. she looks kinda cute there.

My brother bought me a few when he was in Vietnam.

Quality's not the greatest, but it's alright from a distance.

My brother bought me a few when he was in Vietnam.

Your brother is awesome.

Man, those Pikachus bring back memories. I never understood why their mouthes are white though.

Oh no, flashback to a winter when I was playing around with my Pokémon figures and my Surfing Pikachu fell from the porch and HIS EAR BROKE OFF!!!!! UGH, THE WORST!!!!!! God, Surfing Pikachu was my favorite out of them all, too.

I think luck was on your side personally.

21 Today!!
Also, for anyone who was interested: The firefighting was awesome. Had to go into the unit in full fireproof gear and breathing apparatus. Entire place was filled with smoke and we couldn't see a thing. Had to follow the hose down some stairs and around the mock up pump room, which was about 80 degrees C. Got sorted out, opened the door to the engine room area and crawled inside. It was mental. About 250 degrees C. I'll never complain about being too warm again. Soon as number 1 hit the fire, the entire room filled with steam and got a lot hotter. Stumbled around in the dark, found the casualty and dragged it back up top, and hoisted it out. In total, we were in there about 25 minutes. I was absolutely soaked through with sweat lmao. Was extremely fun though, and I'd definitely do it again! (I have to do the advanced course in about 3 years.)

Edit: And in response to the above discussion, bigger isnt always better ;) Moderation is certainly best. Yui/Ritsu love <3

Uraizen

Banned

You already own Ritsu and out of all the girls to get, you get Mio? Now that is pure luck right there, you got the right girl.

21 Today!!
Also, for anyone who was interested: The firefighting was awesome. Had to go into the unit in full fireproof gear and breathing apparatus. Entire place was filled with smoke and we couldn't see a thing. Had to follow the hose down some stairs and around the mock up pump room, which was about 80 degrees C. Got sorted out, opened the door to the engine room area and crawled inside. It was mental. About 250 degrees C. I'll never complain about being too warm again. Soon as number 1 hit the fire, the entire room filled with steam and got a lot hotter. Stumbled around in the dark, found the casualty and dragged it back up top, and hoisted it out. In total, we were in there about 25 minutes. I was absolutely soaked through with sweat lmao. Was extremely fun though, and I'd definitely do it again! (I have to do the advanced course in about 3 years.)

Happy Birthday!

Now that is how you teach firefighting! That sounds way too fun for words, but gives you a great dose of experience through training.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get her from? The random thing sounds pretty cool.

Happy Birthday!
Now that is how you teach firefighting! That sounds way too fun for words, but gives you a great dose of experience through training.

Yeah! It was amazing! I just hope I never need the skills for the real thing :p

Uraizen

Banned

Oh, of course, I hope you never have to do something that dangerous either. It's just something that will be good to know. Sounds like you could make a game out of it, too.
it's late here, so any followup to this will take place in... probably 12 hours

21 Today!!

Edit: And in response to the above discussion, bigger isnt always better ;) Moderation is certainly best. Yui/Ritsu love <3

Happy birthday!! Hot damn, firefighting training in the midst of birthday celebrations? Way to go.

Kazzy

Oh, come now! For as hard as some state that those (Souls) games are, that is by design, whereas with MH, I feel most of that arises out of it being unintuitive and poorly executed.

I don't disliker either, but the Souls series really is superior.

21 Today!!

Happy birthday!! Sounds like you had fun.
I don't often post fan-artwork, but this one was too nice not to.
That is pretty neat. I like it.
Oh, come now! For as hard as some state that those (Souls) games are, that is by design, whereas with MH, I feel most of that arises out of it being simply unintuitive and poorly executed.

I don't disliker either, but the Souls series really are superior.
No, you got those backwards.

Kazzy

tumblr_mcg7i9l0j31qilcrmo1_500.gif

"So, is Monster Hunter better than Dark Souls?"

"No."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally pulled the trigger on the Rightstuf sale, because I've just got to have something to watch over the Christmas break. Here's hoping the import roulette is on my side...for once!

21 Today!!

Happy birthday! So young :p. That firefighting sounds super intense!

Hi K-ON GAF! I've failed on my posting duties the last couple of days :(. But everything's ok, just extremely busy. Today too, but after I've seen Skyfall in a couple of hours I won't have anything else planned. Except to read my K-ON manga. And save more of Chet's gifs for future reference/use :D.

Hi K-ON GAF! I've failed on my posting duties the last couple of days :(. But everything's ok, just extremely busy. Today too, but after I've seen Skyfall in a couple of hours I won't have anything else planned. Except to read my K-ON manga. And save more of Chet's gifs for future reference/use :D.

Hahaha, don't worry about it. Just tell us what you think of the manga when you finish it!
None of it is K-ON! related!

I've just noticed the sloppiness of my last few posts.

Then I take my good luck back.
Just kidding, I hope this importing thing works out for you.

Kazzy

Then I take my good luck back.
Just kidding, I hope this importing thing works out for you.

I've done my fair share of importing, but DVD's and the like are the only thing I've had trouble with. And it's only America too, it'd actually be cheaper for me to import from Japan, if their media was priced more competitively sensibly.

The things we do!

I've done my fair share of importing, but DVD's and the like are the only thing I've had trouble with. And it's only America too, it'd actually be cheaper for me to import from Japan, if their media was priced more competitively sensibly.

The things we do!

Yeah, I've never imported any movie or game before, so I don't know how that's like. In any case I hope some day you do get the K-ON!! BDs, and hopefully someone saves the first season from shitty sound quality hell.

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah, I've never imported any movie or game before, so I don't know how that's like. In any case I hope some day you do get the K-ON!! BDs, and hopefully someone saves the first season from shitty sound quality hell.

With play-asia it's pretty nice since they always package my things nicely. They even sent me some candy when I imported a Wii from them.

Kazzy

Oh, I will.

tumblr_m38gua6Ia91r7r2x9o1_500.gif

And I was supposed to be posting a playlist for the thread, but I seem to have misplaced it. Damn.

With play-asia it's pretty nice since they always package my things nicely. They even sent me some candy when I imported a Wii from them.

They do, but I prefer Yesasia. Their stock (at least for what I look for) always seems to be more readily available. The last time I checked, they had all the K-ON! Nendo's.

That reminds me of a time I shopped at this Japanese import shop in a mall nearby. It was basically full of either super expensive Gundam model kits, or weeaboo candy. Anyways, this is where I bought my tiny Asuka figure and the owner threw in a piece of candy with the purchase. It was some sort of chewy candy, it was good. I haven't been back since though. Maybe I should go back and look around again.
I got Ritsu!! Holy crap her tankobu attaches via magnet!! XDDDD

Let's see if I get lazy enough to ignore my final projects and unbox Mio for some Nendoroid madness.

Oh man, that's awesome. Now I really want that Ritsu.

Uraizen

Banned
They do, but I prefer Yesasia. Their stock (at least for what I look for) always seems to be more readily available. The last time I checked, they had all the K-ON! Nendo's.

Ah, I see, I only do pre-orders from play-asia, so stock has never been a problem for me. If play-asia allows me to pre-order a certain figure for a decent price, I might start rocket hopping in joy or throw a very large object.

That reminds me of a time I shopped at this Japanese import shop in a mall nearby. It was basically full of either super expensive Gundam model kits, or weeaboo candy. Anyways, this is where I bought my tiny Asuka figure and the owner threw in a piece of candy with the purchase. It was some sort of chewy candy, it was good. I haven't been back since though. Maybe I should go back and look around again.

Hopefully it hasn't closed down, we used to have a shop like that around here and, well... RIP. =(

Hopefully it hasn't closed down, we used to have a shop like that around here and, well... RIP. =(

Well this was just this past spring, and I know it's been around for a long time now. It's also in one of the more popular malls in the cities that's not the Mall of America. Sadly they didn't have anything K-ON! though I think the guy who owns it is really into mecha shows, as a lot of things on display are big mecha figures.

Uraizen

Banned
Well this was just this past spring, and I know it's been around for a long time now. It's also in one of the more popular malls in the cities that's not the Mall of America. Sadly they didn't have anything K-ON! though I think the guy who owns it is really into mecha shows, as a lot of things on display are big mecha figures.

Ah, okay, ours was in a more... questionable part of town. They had a little bit of everything, but it was mostly Gundam figures like your store. The front of it was all import figures, games, and other various merchandise. The back of it was DVDs of, but I think quite a few of them were those bootleg anime DVDs.

----------

Heh...

5L6Pi.jpg

Madao

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get her from? The random thing sounds pretty cool.

i got the figures from play-asia. you have to search a bit for them though since they're not on the front pages.

i have a pretty long history of importing stuff. my earliest import from japan was back in the lik-sang days when i ordered some controller and video adapters from them in like 2002 or 2003. at the time, a progressive scan TV was beyond my reach and the only way i was going to see GC games in progressive scan was my monitor with an adapter. this was futile since the adapters weren't that good and things never looked quite right. it wasn't until 2007 when i got a Plasma TV when i could finally see things in progressive scan.

my earliest game import was from them i think and it was a jp cart of Smash Bros 64 and Super Mario 64. they were very cheap since they had no boxes. the first time i imported a game i didn't have was F-Zero Climax and i really hit the jackpot with that one since that game was never released outside japan (my initial plan was importing because i thought the US release was too far away)

after that, lik-sang went under thanks to sony and i found play-asia while searching for an alternative and have been ocasionally buying stuff from them. since like 2006, i imported stuff on DS like Jump Ultimate Stars and got other games that never reached my country like 999 and the Ace Attorney series (local shops are shit. they only bring popular games and shovelware). i also got some hard to get accesories like the DS lite rumble pak and stuff like Pokemon audio CDs (in fact, the order that came with the Mio figure was the BW2 soundtrack, which i still haven't had time to listen to)

the only time i had a problem was when one package from play-asia was lost but i begged them and they sent me a second one with the same stuff. that was about 4 years ago.

I need help!!

I was just perusing Yahoo Auctions Japan for random K-ON memorabilia to perhaps get (Like those custom bookcovers for the various K-ON manga volumes) and I found a listing for the K-ON movie limited edition with a unique package art that I've not seen anywhere else.

JTtmp.jpg
H5x4E.jpg

Is it a custom job, or was it a pre-order boxart exclusive to a certain store?

Kazzy

They are the limited editions, they generally all come with similar assortments of swag.

Go on, tempt me. How much?

Ah, okay, ours was in a more... questionable part of town. They had a little bit of everything, but it was mostly Gundam figures like your store. The front of it was all import figures, games, and other various merchandise. The back of it was DVDs of, but I think quite a few of them were those bootleg anime DVDs.

This place didn't even have like anime dvds or anything. It's kinda weird.
I need help!!

I was just perusing Yahoo Auctions Japan for random K-ON memorabilia to perhaps get (Like those custom bookcovers for the various K-ON manga volumes) and I found a listing for the K-ON movie limited edition with a unique package art that I've not seen anywhere else.

JTtmp.jpg
H5x4E.jpg

Is it a custom job, or was it a pre-order boxart exclusive to a certain store?

I've seen the outer box with the art like that, but I've never seen the actual case with that art. Could it be that it has a reversible cover? idk

Kazzy

The thing is, the Limited Edition movie is meant to have the cover that's shown on the outer box, not the one that's on the actual blu-ray case next to the big box. That's the confusion.

Yeah, you're right, unless there is something that isn't shown in the photos for the limited edition, then I don't know where that comes from.

The regular edition has this cover:

PCBE-54071.jpg

And I haven't seen a listing for another version of the movie anywhere, at least that I can recall. I had a quick look at the KyoAni store, and nothing appeared there. Interesting.

I've seen the outer box with the art like that, but I've never seen the actual case with that art. Could it be that it has a reversible cover? idk

All shots I've seen of the open box for the normal limited edition case (normal limited edition, heh) has had either a blank side or something that wasn't visible through the pink Blu-ray case. Might bite the bullet on this listing, but it'll be going through a deputy service and extra charges and shipping will apply. Anybody know any good types of services like that without crazy service fees or stuff?

Kazzy

All shots I've seen of the open box for the normal limited edition case (normal limited edition, heh) has had either a blank side or something that wasn't visible through the pink Blu-ray case. Might bite the bullet on this listing, but it'll be going through a deputy service and extra charges and shipping will apply. Anybody know any good types of services like that without crazy service fees or stuff?

Good luck with that, I wouldn't dare to venture into getting a third party involved.

Kazzy

Success!! I decided to try to find the source based on that logo under "NOT FOR SALE" on the back with just &#22825;&#12502;&#12483;&#12463;&#12473; and it's a preorder bonus for if you bought the movie from Rakuten Books.

The design is cool on the front and back, but having the retailer name all over the spine of the case, not a fan of that. I can rest easy now. I'll just wait it out again.

Heh, and I posted the wrong link. This was what it was supposed to be. All that stuff! I can say that they go some way to justifying the price!

Top Bottom