• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Success!! I decided to try to find the source based on that logo under "NOT FOR SALE" on the back with just 天ブックス and it's a preorder bonus for if you bought the movie from Rakuten Books.

The design is cool on the front and back, but having the retailer name all over the spine of the case, not a fan of that. I can rest easy now. I'll just wait it out again.

I guess that's the end of that chapter. Seems like it would be a real collectors item later, but I guess it would probably be a lot more expensive than other normal sets like it.

There does seem to be a reversible cover, but it's not what you have pictured. And on that note, the disc art is lovely.
ToPEz.jpg

.... If it were up to me, I'd have Yui next to Azusa and Mugi in between Ritsu and Mio.

The chaos would be amazing to behold.

Esura

Banned
21 Today!!
Also, for anyone who was interested: The firefighting was awesome. Had to go into the unit in full fireproof gear and breathing apparatus. Entire place was filled with smoke and we couldn't see a thing. Had to follow the hose down some stairs and around the mock up pump room, which was about 80 degrees C. Got sorted out, opened the door to the engine room area and crawled inside. It was mental. About 250 degrees C. I'll never complain about being too warm again. Soon as number 1 hit the fire, the entire room filled with steam and got a lot hotter. Stumbled around in the dark, found the casualty and dragged it back up top, and hoisted it out. In total, we were in there about 25 minutes. I was absolutely soaked through with sweat lmao. Was extremely fun though, and I'd definitely do it again! (I have to do the advanced course in about 3 years.)

Edit: And in response to the above discussion, bigger isnt always better ;) Moderation is certainly best. Yui/Ritsu love <3

Happy Birthday bro (or sis)!

And we have another Yui/Ritsu fan in our ranks.

I've decided to do Demon's Souls first and I'm going to make my character look like Yui. Yui the Royal. Kind of tired of playing Mass Effect 1 already, especially since I know how everything is gonna go down cause I played ME2.

Happy Birthday bro (or sis)!

And we have another Yui/Ritsu fan in our ranks.

I've decided to do Demon's Souls first and I'm going to make my character look like Yui. Yui the Royal. Kind of tired of playing Mass Effect 1 already, especially since I know how everything is gonna go down cause I played ME2.

Good.

This is why I need to make that blog to keep the chapters I've already completed.

I mean...yes...Mugi x Azunyan H-doujin!
Azunyan's a futa and she's the seme to Mugi's uke.

I really need to get a handle on my sleeping times. Until then, it's another installment of Shinogu Draws K-ON Girls When He Should Be Sleeping~!

I've decided the hell with it, I'll talk about the P4K fanfic idea when I post these. It's basically half the reason that I draw these girls anyway. Tonight's subject is one Wakaouji Ichigo.

A9qq76vCIAE4Uar.jpg

I'm kinda bummed that her right arm looks so stiff as she's holding her baton out. Also, the feet as usual. I looked around for pictures of her and her hairstyle varied between depictions so I decided to go vague and poofy with it here.

I feel like she would fight with her batons, one in each hand and spinning and tossing them at enemy Shadows. Her Persona would be fire elemental and the ends of the batons would be on fire as she spins them to cast Agilao or whatnot.

As for her Arcana, her description blurb describes her as having her own sense of justice, but says that she's always off in her own world in her head. The Hermit is out as a choice because I already have another character lined up for The Hermit. Maybe Justice, depending on whatever Yu finds out while Social linking with her...

In K-ON itself, she had only one scene with a spoken line that I can recall in the second half
when Mio and Ritsu were cast as Romeo and Juliet. I liked the few things that she did towards the end of the K-ON movie. She says that one line from Gohan wa Okazu, and while in one sense it sounds like she could be mocking the band, she's also kind of making a funny joke in her overly-stoic delivery that lets it make sense when Ritsu's like "You got it, Ichigo!!" At the morning classroom rock show, Ichigo is the one to let Ui and Jun into the classroom when U & I is the song, which I thought was a nice touch that showed there was a little more to her character than we expect

Esura

Banned
I'm getting slightly, ever so slightly, better at that game.

As hard as it is, I'm really starting to like Bullet Hells. Deathsmiles is my favorite so far. Not as ballfuckingly hard as Scarlet Devil but still fun.

That thrill when you dodge a million bullets is crazy. Its also visually impressive too and is sure to be a crowd pleaser when people are over. Reminds me of the old days when me and my cousin would take turns trying to beat Sonic 3. I thought that game was hard as shit when I was younger. :(

Oh, I just wanted to try to figure out what else you're into.

I like a little bit of everything sans three genres. As long as the artwork is good.

Uraizen

Banned
I like a little bit of everything sans three genres. As long as the artwork is good.

What are those three genres? Also, you never hopped on Skype! Either that or I'm not on when you are. Last night would have been perfect, my friend and I were bored out of our minds watching the capcom grand finals. We could have played some Jojo's on GGPO or something, too.

Esura

Banned
What are those three genres? Also, you never hopped on Skype! Either that or I'm not on when you are. Last night would have been perfect, my friend and I were bored out of our minds watching the capcom grand finals. We could have played some Jojo's on GGPO or something, too.

NSFW (rather be safe than sorry)
yaoi, scat, and guro.

I fell asleep. Normally I'm on Skype often. I got to work tonight and in the morning tommorow but after 12PM tomorrow its all groovy.

I really need to get a handle on my sleeping times. Until then, it's another installment of Shinogu Draws K-ON Girls When He Should Be Sleeping~!

I've decided the hell with it, I'll talk about the P4K fanfic idea when I post these. It's basically half the reason that I draw these girls anyway. Tonight's subject is one Wakaouji Ichigo.

A9qq76vCIAE4Uar.jpg

I'm kinda bummed that her right arm looks so stiff as she's holding her baton out. Also, the feet as usual. I looked around for pictures of her and her hairstyle varied between depictions so I decided to go vague and poofy with it here.

I feel like she would fight with her batons, one in each hand and spinning and tossing them at enemy Shadows. Her Persona would be fire elemental and the ends of the batons would be on fire as she spins them to cast Agilao or whatnot.

As for her Arcana, her description blurb describes her as having her own sense of justice, but says that she's always off in her own world in her head. The Hermit is out as a choice because I already have another character lined up for The Hermit. Maybe Justice, depending on whatever Yu finds out while Social linking with her...

In K-ON itself, she had only one scene with a spoken line that I can recall in the second half
when Mio and Ritsu were cast as Romeo and Juliet. I liked the few things that she did towards the end of the K-ON movie. She says that one line from Gohan wa Okazu, and while in one sense it sounds like she could be mocking the band, she's also kind of making a funny joke in her overly-stoic delivery that lets it make sense when Ritsu's like "You got it, Ichigo!!" At the morning classroom rock show, Ichigo is the one to let Ui and Jun into the classroom when U & I is the song, which I thought was a nice touch that showed there was a little more to her character than we expect
You're getting better. You're definitely getting the head shape and structure down. And like you said, her arms a bit stiff and you need to work on your hands and feet some more, but you're showing progress!
I can't really judge on the Persona stuff, but the way you described Ichigo is probably why she's one of the more popular background characters on the show.

Uraizen

Banned
NSFW (rather be safe than sorry)
yaoi, scat, and guro.

Good choices.

I fell asleep.

Shit, I'm surprised we didn't after that. HDR was... well... HDR, not much to say there. 3s was chun vs. yun and chun vs. ken, so that was fun, yay! Setup Fighter IV was fucking akuma whooping ass, so awesome. -_- SFxT was god awful, I wanted more Bear hype, we closed the stream as soon as sethlolol lost. Best part about it was when my friend and I took shots every time someone did a boost combo or somebody said "Option select."

Normally I'm on Skype often. I got to work tonight and in the morning tommorow but after 12PM tomorrow its all groovy.

Really? I've only seen you on once, but I usually don't get on until after 11PM.

OceanBlue

You're getting better. You're definitely getting the head shape and structure down. And like you said, her arms a bit stiff and you need to work on your hands and feet some more, but you're showing progress!
I can't really judge on the Persona stuff, but the way you described Ichigo is probably why she's one of the more popular background characters on the show.

She's definitely my favorite background character! I was planning on drawing her for this thread but I don't think I'll ever get to it at this point. :(

Esura

Banned
Good choices.
Yeah, those three bother me something fierce. :(

Shit, I'm surprised we didn't after that. HDR was... well... HDR, not much to say there. 3s was chun vs. yun and chun vs. ken, so that was fun, yay! Setup Fighter IV was fucking akuma whooping ass, so awesome. -_- SFxT was god awful, I wanted more Bear hype, we closed the stream as soon as sethlolol lost. Best part about it was when my friend and I took shots every time someone did a boost combo or somebody said "Option select."

I'm so ass in SFxT its not even funny.

I've been so one track minded on my gaming playthroughs that I haven't really watched any streams.

Really? I've only seen you on once, but I usually don't get on until after 11PM.

Ah, that would explain it. Usually I'm on much later but these work days been weird.

Soi-Fong

So my sister is doing a study abroad right now in Japan and she'll be heading to Akihabara. She was asking me what I wanted from there and I know I want something K-On related. Any suggestions from here?

So my sister is doing a study abroad right now in Japan and she'll be heading to Akihabara. She was asking me what I wanted from there and I know I want something K-On related. Any suggestions from here?

Depends on what you're into I guess. There seem to be quite a few figures that are really cute and well made. As for other merch, I have no idea. One of the other guys from here will probably have some better suggestions than I :)

Ended up busy again today, but I am actually sitting down to read some K-ON manga RIGHT NOW lol.
Then maybe we can talk about some doujinshi...

Good! I finished the last two of the four volumes on Thursday last week, and really enjoyed them. Now I just have to wait for those Highschool/College ones to get localised.

I know there are some new prize figures of the club girls in winter clothing, and Alter released a figure of Nodoka just this October. She could maybe see if the summer prize figures are still around, the ones with Mio as Romeo and Ritsu as Juliet, and the Mugi and Yui dressed up like they were in the summer study class. Besides that, there's always the K-ON! movie or the K-ON! game to get.

Uraizen

Banned
I'm so ass in SFxT its not even funny.

I've been so one track minded on my gaming playthroughs that I haven't really watched any streams.

If you're in the mood, you might even be able to talk to my friends, if you want. There's just one little thing that would be considered taboo. Don't ever say that SFIV is better than 3s
because it's factually wrong.
We can respect your opinion if you think ST or Alpha is better, but saying SFIV would not end well for you. It would end up like... well... this:

au8zi.gif

Figures, lots of figures; I'm sure Chet will be able to help out with the specifics.

EDIT: Beaten, LOL!

Top Bottom