• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Show me pics of it, and pics of your Mio Nendoroid.
Rare footage of Mio actually going out of her way to look cute.
A9zsVW4CEAEN3Gi.jpg

Gonna hafta rehost some of the stuff I've posted here soon. Had to remember that Twitter has a set queue of images that they keep around. I can just use imgur eventually I suppose.

I-I've never bought a nendo. I k-kind of think I would like an Azunyan nendo. A-any suggestions?

In unrelated news, I'm currently in the process of going through my completed doujin chapters and editing as needed. Certain things already need to be retconned. Tee hee. I need to finish this before I can work on the next chapter.

ckc0e.jpg

Madao

That is indeed interesting, what are you into then?

well, my favorite type of games are Racing and Puzzle games and mostly from Nintendo.
the games i've played the most ever since i started gaming are in the Mario Kart and F-Zero series and i've put a ton of time in them (it was a huge blow when F-Zero died and i only had Mario Kart to fall back into).
i could add adventure games like Zelda and Metroid to the mix. i like the puzzle side of them more than the combat and enjoy speedrunning some of them (that is bringing a racing game trait into different genres in a way).
even though Pokemon is an RPG, i wouldn't say i like RPGs because of it since it differs from standard RPGs quite a bit. same with the Paper Mario series.

aibx3.gif

Nendoroids are fun, you should get one!

And I look forward to when ever you get more of it done!

This is truth :). I still need to get my nendo band (minus Ritsu) set up. And the figma one too. The problem has been a lack of display space but I started working on that last weekend and hope to have a solution by the end of the month. Then pictures.

I-I've never bought a nendo. I k-kind of think I would like an Azunyan nendo. A-any suggestions?

I'll unbox the one I have and maybe take some crappy iPhone pics in the next few days...but based on the Mio one they are all very cute. And once you buy Azunyan you won't want to stop there...

My phone can do this.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45228959&postcount=1241

You guys need to upgrade your phones yesterday.
Now to figure out where you live... Haha, just kidding, looks like a cool phone.
I love Yui's expressions.
Can5m.gif

The fuck? That's official? :O
The manga panel? Most definitely. What I linked to? The colored half is, the other is a fan interpretation of what happens next.
This is truth :). I still need to get my nendo band (minus Ritsu) set up. And the figma one too. The problem has been a lack of display space but I started working on that last weekend and hope to have a solution by the end of the month. Then pictures.

I'll unbox the one I have and maybe take some crappy iPhone pics in the next few days...but based on the Mio one they are all very cute. And once you buy Azunyan you won't want to stop there...
Yeah, I got that Nendoroid itch. I need more.

After watching the movie, I absolutely love Yui now. There's so many little things that happen in the movie that make her awesome-r. From the way she was drawn standing at certain scenes to the lines she gets, great stuff.
Loved the bit when she steps out of the bath and says one line like an old lady. I was like "Holy shit she sounds like my Japanese language professor!! XD"

After watching the movie, I absolutely love Yui now. There's so many little things that happen in the movie that make her awesome-r.
Loved the bit when she steps out of the bath and says one line like an old lady. I was like "Holy shit she sounds like my Japanese language professor!! XD"

Eh, I think they spent too much time on Yui and Azusa in the movie, but I still love it.

On the subject of manga-to-anime changes, what did you guys think about THAT change from early in the series?
Mio's pantsu.

Hard for me to say because I knew about it beforehand, and heck I saw loads of artist renditions from after the fact in the anime style which almost made the whole change moot.

More pervy than getting a feel of Mio's tits? I don't know about that...

Read what I wrote again.
On the subject of manga-to-anime changes, what did you guys think about THAT change from early in the series?
Mio's pantsu.

Hard for me to say because I knew about it beforehand, and heck I saw loads of artist renditions from after the fact in the anime style which almost made the whole change moot.
I think it works better as a visual gag that the anime has than the fan service it brings in the manga.

Uraizen

Banned
Mio's pantsu.

Compared to the other changes made? It didn't phase me in the slightest.

Read what I wrote again.

Hush, I need more caffeine.

Uraizen

Banned
You know, I wish the anime had some stuff like this.

Then again, the anime is perfect like it is.

You have your doujins, mister.

Well, it looks like, of all places, Amazon.co.jp has a release date listed for Yen Press's English version of the K-On College manga volume as July 23, 2013.

Amazon of Japan was the place that outed the release date for a translated K-On College? Ahahaha.

That's pretty far away, even Evo will happen before then...

Amazon of Japan was the place that outed the release date for a translated K-On College? Ahahaha.

That's pretty far away, even Evo will happen before then...

It gives us something to talk about in half a years time at least.
sO4GQ.gif

So where do you guys buy your nendos? More specifically, where can I buy the Azunyan nendo?

I got my Mio nendoroid right off of Amazon. The Special Stage Mio and Ritsu was from Plamoya, but it took forever to get here, though not without reason.

K-On college releases after I'm done with college, lol. I wonder how that will go...
probably not well.
You all better stay in touch with me!

If all goes according to plan,
which it won't,
I'll probably be graduating by then too. As long as you can get access to this thread, we shouldn't have a problem.
Or should I say, the next thread? dun dun dun!

Also helps if the shows are from the same creator or studio, or if the characters are visually similar.
Mio and Wesker is about as far removed as you could probably get.

Uraizen

Banned
Also helps if the shows are from the same creator or studio, or if the characters are visually similar.
Mio and Wesker is about as far removed as you could probably get.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not get carried away here. Let me list the similarities for you:

1) Both Mio and Wesker are awesome.
2) Mio would look great in Wesker's clothes
3) Wesker has stylish glasses and Mio is stylish
4) They're both very powerful, but not quite top tier
5) I want it

I'm sure anybody would be convinced by this list.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not get carried away here. Let me list the similarities for you:

1) Both Mio and Wesker are awesome. False
2) Mio would look great in Wesker's clothes True
3) Wesker has stylish glasses and Mio is stylish True
4) They're both very powerful, but not quite top tier Plausible
5) I want it Invalid

I'm sure anybody would be convinced by this list.

There, unconvinced, and I'm not just anybody .

Excuse me? I don't think I read that right. (¬■_■)
You could have picked a cooler Capcom characer.
Not just a seiyuu connection, a company connection!

Sidenote: Ritsu made such a strong impression on me that I remember being shocked that Satomi Satou is usually in roles like Chitanda Eru or what's her name from Oreimo.

Her regular voice is a lot more like Ritsu's voice though. Most of her roles seem to have come after K-ON! too, which I find pretty great. She deserves more roles.

Damn shame the College release is so far away :( It's smack bang in the middle of my first sea phase, too, so I won't be able to get my hands on it until Mid November. NOVEMBER.
NOOOOOOO. *sobs*
Any idea what colour the cover will be?
This will mean I have 2 multi-coloured-covered series!

Top Bottom