• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

You could have picked a cooler Capcom characer.

Her regular voice is a lot more like Ritsu's voice though. Most of her roles seem to have come after K-ON! too, which I find pretty great. She deserves more roles.

I feel really dumb for even wondering which capcom character you thought was cool, then again it's not like she is the only one with assets ...

Any idea what colour the cover will be?
This will mean I have 2 multi-coloured-covered series!

Probably the same as it is in Japan.
IBAAc.jpg

I feel really dumb for even wondering which capcom character you thought was cool, then again it's not like she is the only one with assets ...
I was actually looking if there were any crossovers with Tron and Mio to be honest... Don't judge me.

Esura

Banned
Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not get carried away here. Let me list the similarities for you:

1) Both Mio and Wesker are awesome.
2) Mio would look great in Wesker's clothes
3) Wesker has stylish glasses and Mio is stylish
4) They're both very powerful, but not quite top tier
5) I want it

I'm sure anybody would be convinced by this list.

...we aren't talking about Albert Wesker from RE are we?

Cause....what? Mio, the big tittied high school scardy cat with a bio terrorist?

I think I need some cheering up. Spoiler tagging in case no one wants to read further.
Feels like all the relationship shit from the last couple of weeks is catching up to me all at once. For whatever stupid reason the breakup stuff didn't really hit me until now, maybe because it was a long distance relationship. And I just had an OKCupid failure.

If that were KirinoxYui I may have. My heart...I've been ingesting too much shitty food recently for this.
FcXzs.png

That's the closest I can find right now. I need to dig deeper.
I think I need some cheering up. Spoiler tagging in case no one wants to read further.
Feels like all the relationship shit from the last couple of weeks is catching up to me all at once. For whatever stupid reason the breakup stuff didn't really hit me until now, maybe because it was a long distance relationship. And I just had an OKCupid failure.
I'm not really one to know what to do with this sort of thing, but I hope this thread will help cheer you up.

Uraizen

Banned

Would you like more of this?

Been there, find whatever you can to distract yourself. Preferably not another girl this time because I'm assuming that's what you just tried to do, unfortunately.

cjkeats

spoiler tagged response.
Oh boy. My first piece of advice as someone who's done the same, stop trying to move on so soon. That's called rebounding and it's not good for anybody. I lost an opportunity with a great girl after a post breakup thing that went sour because of the breakup I was still clearly invested in.
Spend time with friends. Don't turn to booze or drugs they don't help either they just cause you to make stupid decisions and poor text messages.
pick up a hobby, find someone to talk to(we're always here, we can chat over something more personal f you want, I'm sure Uraizen is willing to skype it put with you anytime too.) and just try and be happy for the new direction and lots of doors that just opened for you.

Now someone else provide the cute, this hotel internet sucks, and I know you guys are good for it.

Would you like more of this?

Been there, find whatever you can to distract yourself. Preferably not another girl this time because I'm assuming that's what you just tried to do, unfortunately.

I know, it was ill advised. But thanks...I guess I'm just not very good at dealing with this stuff after all.

spoiler tagged response.
Oh boy. My first piece of advice as someone who's done the same, stop trying to move on so soon. That's called rebounding and it's not good for anybody. I lost an opportunity with a great girl after a post breakup thing that went sour because of the breakup I was still clearly invested in.
Spend time with friends. Don't turn to booze or drugs they don't help either they just cause you to make stupid decisions and poor text messages.
pick up a hobby, find someone to talk to(we're always here, we can chat over something more personal f you want, I'm sure Uraizen is willing to skype it put with you anytime too.) and just try and be happy for the new direction and lots of doors that just opened for you.

Now someone else provide the cute, this hotel internet sucks, and I know you guys are good for it.

I'm going to try to get some sleep here soon, but I may take you up on that sometime soon here (like in the next few days)

Sorry to get so heavy all of the sudden :(. But thank you guys, I really mean it...this thread seriously does help.

Uraizen

Banned
I'm sure Uraizen is willing to skype it put with you anytime too.

Hell yeah I am. I have plenty of IM protocols.

I know, it was ill advised. But thanks...I guess I'm just not very good at dealing with this stuff after all.

I've dealt with my fair share of bad relationships, so I know a lot of the mistakes someone can make. Luckily, I never turned to drinking or drugs, that much I managed to avoid. Cjkeats advice is spot on and I'd personally recommend finding a game you can immerse yourself into right now. Try to put a stronger focus on your hobbies for now. Think of all the things that you can do now rather than focusing on the negatives. It gets much easier to deal with after a while, but night times can still be the worst. It helps to just talk about it with friends, too. They might offer some insight that you might not have figured out yourself. Even if they can't, it's still nice to get it all out.

Madao

hmm...
i finally got to the Romeo and Juliet ep in my rewatch and the segment was a lot shorter than i remembered. i thought the whole ep was the play and i was surprised it was just half of it. i felt a bit disappointed when i realized this but this is mostly my bad memory's fault (if i forgot that much about a show i watched just 1 year ago, imagine things i watched 5-10 years ago...)

hmm...
i finally got to the Romeo and Juliet ep in my rewatch and the segment was a lot shorter than i remembered. i thought the whole ep was the play and i was surprised it was just half of it. i felt a bit disappointed when i realized this but this is mostly my bad memory's fault (if i forgot that much about a show i watched just 1 year ago, imagine things i watched 5-10 years ago...)

Well, they do have the whole set up for it in the previous episode, and they needed to get ready for their concert the next day. It makes sense if you look at it all from afar.

Finally took the time to watch the movie just now... I don't know what took me so long to get to it, gah! It was soooooo nice, even better than I was expecting... lot of London english stuff made me laugh out loud way too much for 1am. Then after a certain point it was so heartwarming... pushed to tears when playing for Azu-nyan.

and mmm that delicious Mio ED

oh yeah, think this is my first time actually posting here... I've been lurking around for a while but now I finally need to get this Mio love off my chest

Uraizen

Banned
Jesus fucking goddamn Christ my fucking goddamn heart

I have this strange feeling that you liked that picture.

Finally took the time to watch the movie just now... I don't know what took me so long to get to it, gah! It was soooooo nice, even better than I was expecting... lot of London english stuff made me laugh out loud way too much for 1am. Then after a certain point it was so heartwarming... pushed to tears when playing for Azu-nyan.

I still say it sounds like they took Microsoft Sam and gave him an accent for the English voices.

oh yeah, think this is my first time actually posting here... I've been lurking around for a while but now I finally need to get this Mio love off my chest

Welcome! Chet is going to love you.

Yes, the movie is really well done. And it's glad that you join us! It's good to see a fellow Mio fan here!

dluu13

What did you think about the OP? I think it's my favourite one.
I actually like it more than the ending

cjkeats

I love the movie OP, it's so cheerful. Yui's "ahhAHHHHHH" is one of the most adorable things she's ever done.
Speaking of which, what's the name of that song? I'm want to set it as my alarm in the morning, I'm getting tired of waking up to "Way of Life" from Persona 3 Portable.

I love the movie OP, it's so cheerful. Yui's "ahhAHHHHHH" is one of the most adorable things she's ever done.
Speaking of which, what's the name of that song? I'm want to set it as my alarm in the morning, I'm getting tired of waking up to "Way of Life" from Persona 3 Portable.

It's Ichiban Ippai. I was kinda confused because the name of the movie single that isn't the end theme is "Unmei wa Endless" which is the song they play in the middle of the movie during that montage.

I totally agree on the song, btw. It set the tone for how I'd appreciate the movie in a way that the usual K-ON opening probably wouldn't have. People talk about "comfort food" media sometimes like it's anathema, that everything should push their respective mediums forward to a new standard. The K-ON movie was simply enjoyable to experience, iffy English performance and all.

And for fun, I wake up to the live version of this song.

Kazzy

Selamat pagi!

I can now see into the light! I've successfully survived completed my course, and as of next week (a few formalities aside), I'm free from my shackles!

I'm now be able to take a more active role in the thread! Having been somewhat sporadic for a while, it's now to see everything remain so active.
Even if it does occasionally stray into the lewd.

cjkeats

It's Ichiban Ippai. I was kinda confused because the name of the movie single that isn't the end theme is "Unmei wa Endless" which is the song they play in the middle of the movie during that montage.

I totally agree on the song, btw. It set the tone for how I'd appreciate the movie in a way that the usual K-ON opening probably wouldn't have. People talk about "comfort food" media sometimes like it's anathema, that everything should push their respective mediums forward to a new standard. The K-ON movie was simply enjoyable to experience, iffy English performance and all.

And for fun, I wake up to the live version of this song.

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, the opening showcased everything I love about K-on, cute, happy, fun. Not to bring up Persona again, but the P4G opening is that same thing. When I look back at P4, it's not the murder mystery, or any of the dungeon stuff I remember, it's the other stuff. All the events, the social links, the Rise. That's exactly what the new OP shows off.
The more cheeful something is, the better. K-on hits all the right notes for it.

The iffy English was the best part

Kazzy

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, the opening showcased everything I love about K-on, cute, happy, fun. Not to bring up Persona again, but the P4G opening is that same thing. When I look back at P4, it's not the murder mystery, or any of the dungeon stuff I remember, it's the other stuff. All the events, the social links, the Rise.
The more cheeful something is, the better.

The iffy English was the best part

Persona music is just the best. The best!

And I've only listened to most K-ON! music whilst watching the show, so I should probably get around to acquiring more of it. I really wish Mugi had a canon song, she is awesome.

Kazzy

Well there is Honey Sweet Tea Time, she hums it in Episode 3 of the second season but never gets to sing it properly.

I know!

But now we're about to broach that wonderful dichotomy of K-ON! Where Mugi is stated to join the choir club, yet almost never sings, and Mio is supposed to be a compotent lyricist, and we all know how that turns out.

cjkeats

Persona music is just the best. The best!

And I've only listened to most K-ON! music whilst watching the show, so I should probably get around to acquiring more of it. I really wish Mugi had a canon song, she is awesome.

That reincarnation album is amazeballs. I think I have just about all the Persona music except the live albums. So good. I need to find the new soundtrack they made for the PSP remake of P1 too. School days is amazing.
The K-on music seems to be more spread out amongst albums, therefore harder to find. Why can't they just sell it on iTunes to make it all easier. I just want all versions of Let's Go and U&I.

LayLa

Mugi probably wanted to join the choir because there would be loads of girls to ogle there.
She only decided to stay with the Keion because she saw the shipping potential in Mio/Ritsu's relationship.

But now we're about to broach that wonderful dichotomy of K-ON! Where Mugi is stated to join the choir club, yet almost never sings, and Mio is supposed to be a compotent lyricist, and we all know how that turns out.

I sense seeds for a fanfic!!!!

I also see TV Dungeon themes to use in my P4K fanfic. ':3

That reincarnation album is amazeballs. I think I have just about all the Persona music except the live albums. So good. I need to find the new soundtrack they made for the PSP remake of P1. School days is amazing.
The K-on music seems to be more spread out amongst albums, therefore harder to find. Why can't they just sell it on iTunes to make it all easier. I just want all versions of Let's Go and U&I.

I have every Persona Music Live concert on DVD/BD, never got around to getting that band CD that they released last year though. I don't know why. Now that I look at the tracklist and listen to the samples on Youtube, most of the performances were also on the latest concert so I guess I don't really need the concert CD?

Did a quick search, looks like in Japan the K-ON tunes are indeed on iTunes. Fat load of help that does us, I know. ;;=_=

One thing that bugged me about KyoAni's work was that Haruhi, Lucky Star and Hyouka had their soundtracks spread across the limited edition DVDs in Japan, whereas K-ON and Chuunibyou have their soundtracks on retail CD. I feel like universally their work has outstanding music so why limit it that way? Pushing more home video sales? Grr.

Mugi probably wanted to join the choir because there would be loads of girls to ogle there.
She only decided to stay with the Keion because she saw the shipping potential in Mio/Ritsu's relationship.

God, imagine a K-ON without Mugi... without Tea Time!! /cringe

Apologies for the meltdown last night...but again, thanks for being the cool peoples you are :).

Today, though, my Semi-Annual Sinuspocalypse is in full effect :/.

vq3yE.gif

Couldn't find the Yui sneezing gif, unless someone wants to repost it :D.

dluu13

I'm going to listen to the ED again right now just to demonstrate how wrong you are.

You can listen along with me if you want:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsatnn_singing-houkago-tea-time-k-on-movie_shortfilms#.UMhLe3d8vxU

Well it's good, but I find it to be kind of "normal", if you know what I mean.

Yesssss, that gets me every time

Selamat pagi!

I can now see into the light! I've successfully survived completed my course, and as of next week (a few formalities aside), I'm free from my shackles!

I'm now be able to take a more active role in the thread! Having been somewhat sporadic for a while, it's now to see everything remain so active.
Even if it does occasionally stray into the lewd.
It's good to see you got done with your courses. And I only bring up the lewdness if it's important!
I know!

Hey, she wrote the lyrics for Hpney Sweet Tea Time! It's not Mio's fault if Ritsu can't see their brilliance!
That reincarnation album is amazeballs. I think I have just about all the Persona music except the live albums. So good. I need to find the new soundtrack they made for the PSP remake of P1 too. School days is amazing.
Japan likes to segment everything and charge a lot of money because they know otakus will buy them regardless...
I wouldn't doubt this at all, especially in concern with the manga.
This thread has 10,000 posts? Maybe I should watch this show.
You should at least give it a try if nothing else.
Today, though, my Semi-Annual Sinuspocalypse is in full effect :/.

Couldn't find the Yui sneezing gif, unless someone wants to repost it :D.
yiJZm.gif

Top Bottom