• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
No Skype for me.

1UKSJ.jpg

OceanBlue

Drawing takes so long... I wish there was a way to make up for experience.

AHHH, and now there's an eraser smudge mark that won't come off! ;_;

AHHH, and now there's an eraser smudge mark that won't come off! ;_;

Yeah, I hate when that happens, and certain kinds of erasers are more prone to leave smudges around. I usually either scrap it right there and start over, if it's not coming out as well as you want anyways, or just keep going trying your best to forget about it.

OceanBlue

Yeah, I hate when that happens, and certain kinds of erasers are more prone to leave smudges around. I usually either scrap it right there and start over, if it's not coming out as well as you want anyways, or just keep going trying your best to forget about it.

The thing is that I've been working on this for hours. It's really hard to get things looking at least kinda decent because I don't have experience drawing. All I can do is redraw shapes and move things around until things look kinda decent.

I might just Photoshop it out, lol.

The thing is that I've been working on this for hours. It's really hard to get things looking at least kinda decent because I don't have experience drawing. All I can do is redraw shapes and move things around until things look kinda decent.

I might just Photoshop it out, lol.

Yeah mistakes happen, and it really sucks when you're working in a medium that's not very forgiving when you make a mistake.
I'll like to see what you've worked on regardless though.

OceanBlue

Lol, 6-7 hours later...

Ichigo didn't come out exactly how I wanted her to either. I can see why there are a lot of drawings with stiff poses. It's hard to get the pose exactly how you want it!

I also got kinda lazy in the end. I almost decided to just upload the version where she only had a button-up shirt and panties.

Lol, 6-7 hours later...

Ichigo didn't come out exactly how I wanted her to either. I can see why there are a lot of drawings with stiff poses. It's hard to get the pose exactly how you want it!

I also got kinda lazy in the end. I almost decided to just upload the version where she only had a button-up shirt and panties.

I love it. I can see you put a lot of effort into it. The head is a little small, but otherwise I really like it. Keep it up!

OceanBlue

I love it. I can see you put a lot of effort into it. The head is a little small, but otherwise I really like it. Keep it up!

Haha, her head used to be smaller. Thanks though. I don't usually draw because it takes me so long, but I enjoyed it. I need to learn to just draw without correcting stuff so it doesn't take me an entire day just to draw a skeleton, lol.

Uraizen

Banned
Here's a fun little question for all of you. Which K-On! member would be most likely to have had chuunibyou when they were younger? I know, we've seen the flashbacks, but I don't care!

Here's a fun little question for all of you. Which K-On! member would be most likely to have had chuunibyou when they were younger? I know, we've seen the flashbacks, but I don't care!

I agree with OceanBlue about Ritsu, maybe Azusa too what with her trying too hard to be serious about music in the club (as far as we see in the anime and manga), possibly to make up for chuunibyou in her middle school days?

Haha, her head used to be smaller. Thanks though. I don't usually draw because it takes me so long, but I enjoyed it. I need to learn to just draw without correcting stuff so it doesn't take me an entire day just to draw a skeleton, lol.

Correcting a lot isn't really a bad thing, but just drawing softly will probably help more. It also helps to kinda plan out how big the whole thing is going to be from the start. Using the useful guide of using the head as a universal measuring tool helps keep everything in proportion.
None of them really fit the mold, as most of them seem to kinda know what they want to do by the time they hit high school, as most of them have taken up some sort of musical instrument. The only who hadn't by the start of high school would be Yui, but she seems way too spacey to really get into any of that.

Decided to bust out the instruments for everybody. Well, for Mio and Ritsu, Mugi isn't due for a couple weeks and I have yet to find a good deal for Yui and Azusa. But Yui and Mugi are still there, in a way.

Aren't they great? I wish I had more room for this kind of stuff. Not that would stop me from buying more. lol

Aren't they great? I wish I had more room for this kind of stuff. Not that would stop me from buying more. lol

Ironically, I'm moving into the basement that has much more living space for me than my current bedroom, but far less surface area for me to display figures or stuff like that. Hmm...

Today, in lieu of drawing more, I used a ball pen of all things to ink the art in my sketchbook. I don't like how the lead can rub off one page onto the opposite page, so I was trying to find a solution to that. I suppose in the near future I'll be drawing on this computer with the graphics tablet. I wonder how that'll go...

Today, in lieu of drawing more, I used a ball pen of all things to ink the art in my sketchbook. I don't like how the lead can rub off one page onto the opposite page, so I was trying to find a solution to that. I suppose in the near future I'll be drawing on this computer with the graphics tablet. I wonder how that'll go...

Try putting a scratch piece of paper, something without pencil marks would be best, and put in between the sheets of paper to make sure they don't rub on each other. Is this in a sketch book by any chance?
And using a tablet takes some getting used to, as where your hand is and where the drawing is taking place are in completely different spots. Though once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad. Having an undo function is really nice too. hohoho

Try putting a scratch piece of paper, something without pencil marks would be best, and put in between the sheets of paper to make sure they don't rub on each other. Is this in a sketch book by any chance?
And using a tablet takes some getting used to, as where your hand is and where the drawing is taking place are in completely different spots. Though once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad. Having an undo function is really nice too. hohoho

Sketchbook, yes. It's troubling having something between each page, I don't want the book to balloon into a huge size or whatnot. I have a few sheets that I put in between when I'm in the process of drawing, I generally reset the stuff after each session.

Not entirely sure who or what to draw next.

Fake Edit: I was looking stuff up for Persona ideas, particularly for Azusa. I was like, maybe I'll do something to do with their instruments, and looked up the Fender Mustang on Google. Decided to check out the Wiki page and guess who's listed amongst the known Mustang players?

Sketchbook, yes. It's troubling having something between each page, I don't want the book to balloon into a huge size or whatnot. I have a few sheets that I put in between when I'm in the process of drawing, I generally reset the stuff after each session.
What I usually do with my sketch books is draw only on one thing on each page and always have them on the same side. Though of course that still doesn't stop it from smudging the other page, but it's not two drawings smudging each other at least.
Fake Edit: I was looking stuff up for Persona ideas, particularly for Azusa. I was like, maybe I'll do something to do with their instruments, and looked up the Fender Mustang on Google. Decided to check out the Wiki page and guess who's listed amongst the known Mustang players?
Yeah, Wikipedia is usually pretty good at listing stuff like that.

Probably Ritsu. The others don't seem to have anything resembling tendencies towards delusions of grandeur.

cjkeats

Don't we not know anything about Azu-cat from before High School? I'm just saying, Yuuta is trying to be serious all the time too...

Kazzy

This feels like it was a stupid question. I was going to say Ritsu, but I forgot to mention it in my original post.

Mio. She was the first person that sprung to mind.

My basis is the little details of the character, her odd affectations (addressing her parents as "Mama" and "Papa" points to someone who is coddled), and the things that seem to rattle her, or otherwise make her uncomfortable. I have voiced my own (initial) displeasures with her character overall, existing as a collection of ticks and compulsive tendencies (always flicking her hair before a performance, pick in mouth, that sort of thing), that I found to be quite bizarre.

You can paint the character as shy, but I think that it moves beyond that, and she is more of an extreme case. She uses that distance as a crutch, and as we all know, Ritsu (and later, the rest of the group) act as the catalyst for her to address all of this. Her stoicism is born out of nothing other than discomfort, and her image of maturity is fairly artificial, all things considered.

And we all know what her kindergarten self was like. Yikes.

Metrotab

Banned
There's often some younger girl who draws anime (and related stuff) in her drawing book on my train. Today she was working on a Miku drawing.

Do the drawers here work on their stuff on public transport?

Kazzy

There's often some younger girl who draws anime (and related stuff) in her drawing book on my train. Today she was working on a Miku drawing.

Nope.
Ha! Yeah, like I can consider myself a drawer.

More of a time commitment than anything else, my train journey is around 20 minutes long, and not at all conducive to drawing. I would barely have time to even use my Vita, so simply stick to my listening to music.

Although I would be conscious of having people looking at my work too, that being more of a personal endeavor. I'm sure that there is also a pride aspect tied up in all of that.

Decided to bust out the instruments for everybody. Well, for Mio and Ritsu, Mugi isn't due for a couple weeks and I have yet to find a good deal for Yui and Azusa. But Yui and Mugi are still there, in a way.

I am soooooooo jealous of your Ritsu.

I will make it a point to get my figma and nendo K-ON figures out on display. Space is at a premium but I will find a way.

Combination of lack of motivation, self-esteem and the fact that New York public transportation can be rocky in both the travel and the loonies that pop up from time to time mean no public drawing for me.

For Nendoroid and other figure shoppers: I've been buying my stuff from AmiAmi lately. Specifically the preowned section, discounts are significant enough and the figures, as long as they're at least Grade B, are practically new that I can forgive if it were used or whatever. Also because it's the preowned section, they tend to restock out-of-print stuff (Like everybody from K-ON).

LayLa

last two mangas just got listed on UK Amazon
K-On! College (23 Jul 2013)
K-On! High School (29 Oct 2013)
no front covers yet. that's a long wait :(

Off-topic, so I shall spoiler.
I've just had the trippiest dream I ever remember having. Was in some weird cinema-style place, and it was filled with clothes, shoes and coats. I was trying to find my own stuff, but none of it was mine. But all of it was mine. And I couldn't get out. Then a choir or something came in, and someone started arguing, but I wasn't noticed. But it was really urgent that I find my items, so I could get out of there. So I started climbing over seats, but the place seemed to get bigger and bigger the further back I got, and I couldn't get to a wall or anything. Then I woke up.
For some reason, that actually made me question reality. I think I've cracked lmao.

Don't we not know anything about Azu-cat from before High School? I'm just saying, Yuuta is trying to be serious all the time too...
Azusa's seriousness probably comes from having strict parents. It's probably why she's so good at the guitar too, as her parents are said to be musicians.
Mio. She was the first person that sprung to mind.

My basis is the little details of the character, her odd affectations (addressing her parents as "Mama" and "Papa" points to someone who is coddled), and the things that seem to rattle her, or otherwise make her uncomfortable. I have voiced my own (initial) displeasures with her character overall, existing as a collection of ticks and compulsive tendencies (always flicking her hair before a performance, pick in mouth, that sort of thing), that I found to be quite bizarre.

You can paint the character as shy, but I think that it moves beyond that, and she is more of an extreme case. She uses that distance as a crutch, and as we all know, Ritsu (and later, the rest of the group) act as the catalyst for her to address all of this. Her stoicism is born out of nothing other than discomfort, and her image of maturity is fairly artificial, all things considered.

And we all know what her kindergarten self was like. Yikes.
Mio isn't delusional though, she's the textbook definition of a wallflower. I mean, the whole reason she chose the bass was so she wouldn't have to be the focal point of the group. She tries her best to never draw attention to herself. Her stoicism is born out of discomfort, but it's only because she's mostly afraid of what people will think of her fuwa fuwa side.

Yes, on occasion. Usually only when I have my book out already and have a really good idea that I want to get down before I forget. Otherwise I don't like trying to draw on the bus with all the bumpiness. I have a lot of time on my hands when I'm on the bus, so I usually would rather read manga or play games. Though usually I just sit and think about stuff. I come up with some pretty crazy ideas on the bus, some I might actually show later on.
Combination of lack of motivation, self-esteem and the fact that New York public transportation can be rocky in both the travel and the loonies that pop up from time to time mean no public drawing for me.

For Nendoroid and other figure shoppers: I've been buying my stuff from AmiAmi lately. Specifically the preowned section, discounts are significant enough and the figures, as long as they're at least Grade B, are practically new that I can forgive if it were used or whatever. Also because it's the preowned section, they tend to restock out-of-print stuff (Like everybody from K-ON).
so preowned stuff there is usually pretty good? That's good to hear. I was kinda thinking of getting a figure there, but it being preowned made me hesitant.
Man, the Highschool date is even further away... Well, I at least have something to look forward to in October.
What's a chunniboy?
Have you seen Haganai? Kodaka's little sister has chunnibyou. Basically someone who thinks they're more than what they actually are, either with knowledge or super powers.
I've just had the trippiest dream I ever remember having. Was in some weird cinema-style place, and it was filled with clothes, shoes and coats. I was trying to find my own stuff, but none of it was mine. But all of it was mine. And I couldn't get out. Then a choir or something came in, and someone started arguing, but I wasn't noticed. But it was really urgent that I find my items, so I could get out of there. So I started climbing over seats, but the place seemed to get bigger and bigger the further back I got, and I couldn't get to a wall or anything. Then I woke up.
For some reason, that actually made me question reality. I think I've cracked lmao.

Last night I had a dream that I was playing Majora's Mask and Goron Link could use the bow and shoot fire arrows. Yeah, my dreams are kinda lame.

Last night I had a dream that I was playing Majora's Mask and Goron Link could use the bow and shoot fire arrows. Yeah, my dreams are kinda lame.

Heh, I never seem to remember the more mundane ones, only ever the really crazy ones :(
Currently in the process of packing up most of my stuff to go home, but it's really boring.
Anyone fancy posting some happy K-ON pictures for me? :p

Uraizen

Banned

... October? Welp... looks like that's something I don't need to worry about.

Last night I had one where I was falling from the sky and guess what? I actually hit the ground. Guess you don't die if you hit the ground in a dream where you're falling. What's weird is that I was completely fine.

Top Bottom