• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Yeah, I have those! And they aren't just the same nendos in different clothes, they come with their own poses and faces.

Wish I could justify the purchase at this stage (no loosely connected pun intended), gonna be a couple months (or all of my Chinese New Year+Birthday money) before I'm back at a point where I can spend frivolously. ;;>_>

Still, looking forward to early 2013 when I can have everybody lined up. THE BEWITCHING MAGIC OF ANIME FIGURES.

How many episodes of Chuunibyou are left?

Wish I could justify the purchase at this stage (no loosely connected pun intended), gonna be a couple months (or all of my Chinese New Year+Birthday money) before I'm back at a point where I can spend frivolously. ;;>_>

Still, looking forward to early 2013 when I can have everybody lined up. THE BEWITCHING MAGIC OF ANIME FIGURES.

DVrbg.jpg
You make stage Mio sad.
Besides getting the other stage set with Yui and Mugi, the next K-ON! nendoroid I want is either Ui's or Ritsu's normal one. Well, I want them all eventually, mini K-ON! nendoroids too.

So...the Amazon sellers are actually charging ~$100 for the Azunyan nendo? Is that how much these things really cost?

Nah, it's after-market [re]sellers trying to maximize their profits. Totals after shipping (even the fastest option) should average at $65 or so, less when you get preowned from Amiami. They seem to refresh their stock every day, so check what they've got and put an order down as soon as you see they have an Azunyan in stock.

I hope I don't come across as shilling for em. Here's Mio and Ritsu playing along with a special musical guest!!

wMPRK.jpg

BTW Chet, speaking of the bootlegs, holy crap search through eBay for the cheapest K-ON nendoroids. "Off-model" is putting it politely.

OceanBlue

Well, the K-ON! nendoroids have been out of print for some time. Prices are only going to go up.
And watch out for bootleg nendoroids.

This can't be emphasized enough. I didn't even pay that much for my bootleg nendoroids and I still regret it. I would rather not own them at all and saved on some money for something else like an artbook.

I hope I don't come across as shilling for em. Here's Mio and Ritsu playing along with a special musical guest!!

wMPRK.jpg
Cute!
This can't be emphasized enough. I didn't even pay that much for my bootleg nendoroids and I still regret it. I would rather not own them at all and saved on some money for something else like an artbook.
Yeah, I have a bootleg Yoko nendoroid, and the damn thing can't even stay together.
How do you know which ones are bootlegs?
Basically stay away from eBay. lol
But really, if it's really cheap compared to what most are selling it for, it's probably a bootleg. And make sure they actually have a picture of the figure besides just stock photos of the thing.

Uraizen

Banned
Sometimes, I don't know how to reply to what just happened in the thread. I wonder if maybe that's why it doesn't get bumped for a while because I'm not the only one thinking that. ;;>_>

Well, you don't have to reply to our stuff. You can just do your own thing like I sometimes do.

Me too. That's when I come in and flip the script. Chuunibyou? What the hell is that? KAPOW! Now it's about bicycle pumps and squirmin' Juns. That's like straight out of Art of War. Sunzi all up in this tea time.

Exactly; this man gets it. Don't feel like talking about our topic? Just make up your own for fun.

---

Side note -
Still hate Comcast.

I dunno if this is exclusively for the K-ON Nendoroids, but if they show the box in the product listing, there should be a holographic sticker of a pig above the number next to the character's name on the front of the packaging. These are authentic.

TBS was the channel that K-ON! originally aired on, so it's probably only for Nendoroids that came from shows that aired on TBS. But yeah, the Azusa one should have that.

I'm away from my place right now so I'll have to rely on some old pics...

That should be all I've got so far

and this is what I've got coming in for this month & january:

annnd just ordered this for a friend

... alternatively I could've just linked you here

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/GuessMyUserName

... so here's some bonus Mio dakimakura

You have the special Don't Say Lazy Mio figure? I'm mad jealous. I've also kinda wanted that Samus figma...
Not sure what to say about your pillows. lol

OceanBlue

Dakimakura, for some reason, make me think of higher-quality wall scrolls or posters. I don't have a body pillow, but I could imagine wanting one if I liked the art enough.

... Having to walk around Toronto with Dakimiokura in my arms for hours upon hours is an experience I will never forget, I'll tell you that much.

lol
I have a pillow about that size, I wonder if one of those pillow cases would fit it... The official K-ON! ones are kinda cool, but extremely expensive.

lol
I have a pillow about that size, I wonder if one of those pillow cases would fit it... The official K-ON! ones are kinda cool, but extremely expensive.

The official K-ON dakimakura are the ones where the girls of HTT are in pajamas, right? I remember thinking that the cloth posters with the 2nd season BDs in Japan were also dakimakura.

I mostly got it since at Anime North this year one friend was really egging me on to buy a Miku body pillow... I was actually just about to go get one but the decision was made too late and the stores just closed.

Then later on in the year I was at Fan Expo... and that's where I saw Mio and just went for it. So, so, so embarrassing... but when I finally got home I felt so triumphant!

3J8H0giftu.gif

Uraizen

Banned
... Having to walk around Toronto with Dakimiokura in my arms for hours upon hours is an experience I will never forget, I'll tell you that much.

I think you might be the bravest person in this entire topic, you have my condolences and respect. With that said, I really like your figure collection, but how much did all of this cost if you don't mind me asking? Just curious...

Madao

all this talk about chuunibyou and no one has asked the burning question:

who here had actual chuunibyou in their school days?

if i understand it well, i had a wee bit of it since, for me, that period of time in school coincided with the first airing of DBZ in my country and i couldn't help but imagine my surroundings morphing into battlefields blasted to bits with kamehamehas and stuff. all was in my mind though since talking about it would have crossed the line and everyone would have thought i was insane.
it didn't last long since, in the following year i got legendary games like F-Zero X and OoT and my mind would be busy with gaming from that point onwards (i had many games earlier but i didn't put much time into them and my gaming time was increasing each year)

I think you might be the bravest person in this entire topic, you have my condolences and respect. With that said, I really like your figure collection, but how much did all of this cost if you don't mind me asking? Just curious...

Current collection: ~$950 over the last two years
Upcoming stuff: ~$250 over the this month and next

... now I should really get to crashing in bed... with Crashmo

if i understand it well, i had a wee bit of it since, for me, that period of time in school coincided with the first airing of DBZ in my country and i couldn't help but imagine my surroundings morphing into battlefields blasted to bits with kamehamehas and stuff. all was in my mind though since talking about it would have crossed the line and everyone would have thought i was insane.
it didn't last long since, in the following year i got legendary games like F-Zero X and OoT and my mind would be busy with gaming from that point onwards (i had many games earlier but i didn't put much time into them and my gaming time was increasing each year)
Geez, I was so deluded that I don't think it was just one instance of Chuunibyou. Might as well be ChuuniAIDS or something:

1. Messed around with Potterverse terminology and expected a letter from Hogwarts
2. Threw baseballs like they were Pokéballs and got a Game boy Color under the auspices of being old enough to start my Pokémon journey
3. Made a personal Digimon Analyzer with PowerPoint and held my digivice against my computer monitor to try to go to the digiworld. Also bugged the shit out of my friends with my Digimon/Pokémon fanfic ideas.
4. Mimed various physical ticks that game characters would exhibit into the real world. Examples include leaning against walls and slouch-walking like Snake and Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. I have not tried to cartwheel like Raiden, thank god.
5. Straight-up imaginary friends that I would not necessarily talk to but have them assessing situations in my head while I was in them in real time.

They say the first step to recovery from a problem is admitting that you have a problem, but it feels like for me I just shrugged, said that I have a problem, and took off like an airplane à la Arale from Dr. Slump as she runs with her arms outstretched shouting "KIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!" I still subconsciously mimic the actions of game characters while I do random stuff (latest offense is tucking my ring finger in when I go running like Altaïr from Assassin's Creed). The rest of that list, can't really say that it happens anymore.

The official K-ON dakimakura are the ones where the girls of HTT are in pajamas, right? I remember thinking that the cloth posters with the 2nd season BDs in Japan were also dakimakura.
Yeah those. The cloth posters are kinda neat too.
I mostly got it since at Anime North this year one friend was really egging me on to buy a Miku body pillow... I was actually just about to go get one but the decision was made too late and the stores just closed.

Then later on in the year I was at Fan Expo... and that's where I saw Mio and just went for it. So, so, so embarrassing... but when I finally got home I felt so triumphant!

3J8H0giftu.gif
Sounds like a fun story.

Man, that's a lot of money. I'm envious!

Geez, I was so deluded that I don't think it was just one instance of Chuunibyou. Might as well be ChuuniAIDS or something:

1. Messed around with Potterverse terminology and expected a letter from Hogwarts
2. Threw baseballs like they were Pokéballs and got a Game boy Color under the auspices of being old enough to start my Pokémon journey
3. Made a personal Digimon Analyzer with PowerPoint and held my digivice against my computer monitor to try to go to the digiworld. Also bugged the shit out of my friends with my Digimon/Pokémon fanfic ideas.
4. Mimed various physical ticks that game characters would exhibit into the real world. Examples include leaning against walls and slouch-walking like Snake and Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. I have not tried to cartwheel like Raiden, thank god.
5. Straight-up imaginary friends that I would not necessarily talk to but have them assessing situations in my head while I was in them in real time.

They say the first step to recovery from a problem is admitting that you have a problem, but it feels like for me I just shrugged, said that I have a problem, and took off like an airplane à la Arale from Dr. Slump as she runs with her arms outstretched shouting "KIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!" I still subconsciously mimic the actions of game characters while I do random stuff (latest offense is tucking my ring finger in when I go running like Altaïr from Assassin's Creed). The rest of that list, can't really say that it happens anymore.
Hahaha, no I never did stuff like that. As a kid, I was basically just like Mio, just replace writing fuwa fuwa poems with drawing cartoon characters.
I still am a lot like Mio still, but whatever...
Chet's creepy Wario pictures are just one level of freak below Revoltech Woody.

And the great thing is, I don't have to even try to make him creepy, he's just like that normally.

qzWkj.gif

Hi guys :)

I'll admit I had a big one with Star Trek.

cjkeats

I've had a few slips up here, but managed to stay standing. Was almost taken out Ritsu-style by one of the girls here though in a manner not unlike that.
I wouldn't have complained, she's gorgeous.

Nobody noticed my new avatar :( I spent around two hours here at work making it.

I've had a few slips up here, but managed to stay standing. Was almost taken out Ritsu-style by one of the girls here though in a manner not unlike that.
I wouldn't have complained, she's gorgeous.

Nobody noticed my new avatar :( I spent around two hours here at work making it.

Hey, I noticed it! I really like it!

dluu13

I have a friend who has messed up his knees twice slipping on stuff. It felt like the funniest thing ever, but it actually wasn't.

nice new avatar :p
If you have Paint.NET or something similar and a little bit more spare time, try cutting out the white parts with the magic wand tool, and save it as a png to preserve transparency for maximum proness

cjkeats

Lucky :p
I like it! Sorry I didn't notice earlier but I blame it on being sick ;).

Hey, I noticed it! I really like it!

Ah shucks you guys.

nice new avatar :p
If you have Paint.NET or something similar and a little bit more spare time, try cutting out the white parts with the magic wand tool, and save it as a png to preserve transparency for maximum proness

I made it in Paint.net, and I've been trying that but it still don't work. :( Can't figure out why for the life of me.
I'm usually pretty professional at these things, I mean just look at Uraizen's avatar. I made that work of art.

Slipping on the ice and getting a handful is like number one in the creeper manual. You trying to tell us something, cjkeats?

I see your mind is still in the gutter. Time for a cold shower?
I'd put diving a car and slamming on the brakes and reaching a hand out to stop her higher than the ice fall, that's all pure chance/luck.

Slipping on the ice is no fun, but it's freaky when your car is skidding on the ice.
BINXL.gif

No joke, earlier this week our rental car was going up the road sideways. Apparently they don't put winter tires on their cars. In Goose Bay, Labrador. It's piratically the arctic up here. Needless to say we returned it.

dluu13

Slipping on the ice is no fun, but it's freaky when your car is skidding on the ice.
BINXL.gif

Thanks to me living on the west coast with the west coast weather, I've never had to drive in the snow.

I made it in Paint.net, and I've been trying that but it still don't work. :( Can't figure out why for the life of me.

Oh, I know. I tried to do that to another avatar once. It showed up transparent on other things too, but it just would not work on GAF. I thought it was just me haha

I feel bad for not visiting MFC in awhile, but since you're there at least I'll make a better effort. My profile is http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Amishpriest

You can't just give a list and leave it like that, you gotta take pictures of your K-ON! figmas and nendoroids!
No joke, earlier this week our rental car was going up the road sideways. Apparently they don't put winter tires on their cars. In Goose Bay, Labrador. It's piratically the arctic up here. Needless to say we returned it.

It's too bad it's illegal to put tire chains on your car here.

You would think up in your neck of the woods the cars would be properly winterized. *shrug*

All this does remind me of growing up in the country in northern Ohio. Not quite the arctic, be we did have some very cold and snowy winters. Nothing like learning to drive in that.

And now I'm getting nostalgic about playing Chrono Trigger during snow days my freshman year of high school...but not nostalgic about having to shovel our epic driveway :/.

You can't just give a list and leave it like that, you gotta take pictures of your K-ON! figmas and nendoroids!

I know, lol. That's one of my weekend projects assuming I feel up to it after I drug myself sufficiently :D.

Uraizen

Banned

Huh... I didn't consider it since I never had a chuunibyou phase myself.

Now... more importantly...
How much did that Mio pillow cost? Seriously, I don't know how much those things are.

I noticed it, but I didn't get the chance to say so!

I'm usually pretty professional at these things, I mean just look at Uraizen's avatar. I made that work of art.

Everybody is jealous of my avatar, they wish that theirs could be as awesome.

Top Bottom