• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

... October? Welp... looks like that's something I don't need to worry about.

Last night I had one where I was falling from the sky and guess what? I actually hit the ground. Guess you don't die if you hit the ground in a dream where you're falling. What's weird is that I was completely fine.

Hahaha, whenever that happens to me, I somehow reflexively launch myself about 2 foot above my bed. Either that or I can levitate in my sleep.

Uraizen

Banned
ocT9j.gif

Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, AY!

Improved.

Kazzy

Mio isn't delusional though, she's the textbook definition of a wallflower. I mean, the whole reason she chose the bass was so she wouldn't have to be the focal point of the group. She tries her best to never draw attention to herself. Her stoicism is born out of discomfort, but it's only because she's mostly afraid of what people will think of her fuwa fuwa side.

I didn't really mean it as being delusional, because I don't think any K-ON! character fits that definition. It was more a case of arrested development.

I don't think anyone in the main group could have had it. Sawako on the other hand is not so unlikely.

I suppose if you consider being in a death metal band as that. Though I think her trying to hide her past has more to do with that she wants to be taken seriously as a teacher rather than being embarrassed about it. She does still hang out with her high school girlfriends and goes to metal concerts from time to time.
Especially seeing as though she went for that whole crazy mask/death metal look. Could easily indicate she was somewhat crazy as a younger child.

Well the first season explains that she got into death metal because of love.
dgbX7.gif

I suppose if you consider being in a death metal band as that. Though I think her trying to hide her past has more to do with that she wants to be taken seriously as a teacher rather than being embarrassed about it. She does still hang out with her high school girlfriends and goes to metal concerts from time to time.

Well the first season explains that she got into death metal because of love.
dgbX7.gif

Haha yeah. But if she's willing to go that far...

No, I think he's telling us his fetish.

Inflation is the only way I can feel anything anymore.

But seriously, that's probably the most hilarious fetish to anyone who doesn't have it. Seeing a super inflated character is just incredibly funny; its not gross or bizarre like pretty much everything else. Maybe that's just me, though.

Inflation is the only way I can feel anything anymore.

But seriously, that's probably the most hilarious fetish to anyone who doesn't have it. Seeing a super inflated character is just incredibly funny; its not gross or bizarre like pretty much everything else. Maybe that's just me, though.

The farting fetish is just as hilarious. I don't even understand that one.

Kazzy

But I thought we were talking about 8th grader syndrome.

Maybe, but I go enjoy being obtuse!
And it just sort of turned into a character deconstruction as I went along.

As you know, I'm fascinated in my own views on the character, particularly as I did a U-turn on my intial impression.

Esura

Banned
Have you seen Haganai? Kodaka's little sister has chunnibyou. Basically someone who thinks they're more than what they actually are, either with knowledge or super powers.

Ohhh, so Ritsu and Azunyan fits that to the teeth.

And is it just my imagination, or is your holiday Mio avatar suddenly showing more cleavage than usual?

Ohhh, so Ritsu and Azunyan fits that to the teeth.

And is it just my imagination, or is your holiday Mio avatar suddenly showing more cleavage than usual?

Not really, none of them are really hipsterish or think they can shoot fire from their hands.

And I have no idea what you are talking about.

Sometimes, I don't know how to reply to what just happened in the thread. I wonder if maybe that's why it doesn't get bumped for a while because I'm not the only one thinking that. ;;>_>
You never have to exactly reply to any posts if you don't want, just start your own talking point if you want.
BTW, amiami has the WonderFest 2010 Nendoroids for Mio and Ritsu in their outfits from their first concert in season 1. I feel like an idiot for buying them separately and not knowing that these sets exist (even if the individual ones have them in their regular school uniforms).

Yeah, I have those! And they aren't just the same nendos in different clothes, they come with their own poses and faces.

Me too. That's when I come in and flip the script. Chuunibyou? What the hell is that? KAPOW! Now it's about bicycle pumps and squirmin' Juns. That's like straight out of Art of War. Sunzi all up in this tea time.

Exactly.

Top Bottom