• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

I'm pretty much ass at making avatars, so I think I'll solicit K-ON GAF's help for a good non-Christmas Yui one :).

Take your pick:
v4Htc.png

aMSbz.png

cjkeats

Exactly what I was referencing. I should point all my twitter/k-on/Seinfeld gaffers to Modern Seinfeld. I found it the other day and it's hilarious.

You would think up in your neck of the woods the cars would be properly winterized. *shrug*

All this does remind me of growing up in the country in northern Ohio. Not quite the arctic, be we did have some very cold and snowy winters. Nothing like learning to drive in that.

And now I'm getting nostalgic about playing Chrono Trigger during snow days my freshman year of high school...but not nostalgic about having to shovel our epic driveway :/.

That's why we were so pissed about it, you would think it would be standard in this place. Our bosses weren't impressed with the rental place.
I used to play Pokemon on my days off in middle school, and High School was always something PS2 era.

Esura

Banned
I'm away from my place right now so I'll have to rely on some old pics...

20120414212242jpgudjpgja.jpg

20120519200113461jpggejpgen.jpg

201207171218362064253599jpgubjpgem.jpg

That should be all I've got so far

and this is what I've got coming in for this month & january:

momojpgjy.jpg

bladejpgty.jpg

eviljpgma.jpg

annnd just ordered this for a friend

acceljpgge.jpg

... alternatively I could've just linked you here

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/GuessMyUserName

... so here's some bonus Mio dakimakura

20121112222202jpgajjpgpy.jpg

I'm...so jealous.

Man I wish I had a stat collection like that. Well, I could of but I buy too many games. :p

I'm...so jealous.

Man I wish I had a stat collection like that.
Well, I could of but I buy too many games. :p

Me too :( I'd love one of those pillows :p I'm probably gonna slowly start to build up a figure collection after christmas, but there's way too much choice!

I'm pretty much ass at making avatars, so I think I'll solicit K-ON GAF's help for a good non-Christmas Yui one :).
I might be able to work something up. Or just use the ones nckillthegrimace made. lol
That's a lot less than I was expecting.
$100-ish
Well, it's not an official pillow cover, as I'm pretty sure the only official covers are the ones with them in their pajamas.
But but it's such an innocent pillow!... I couldn't go too far with it

Like what saw in Anime North... which I just had to dig up the pic I took of.

20120526160408jpgeb.jpg

dem post-it notes. lol

Hey GuessMyUserName, was the Mio pillow you bought a custom job? I can't find any online store stocking it. Curious as to the artwork on the pillow because it looks unique.

Hey GuessMyUserName, was the Mio pillow you bought a custom job? I can't find any online store stocking it. Curious as to the artwork on the pillow because it looks unique.

Dunno about that, but here you can see where I got her

miooojpgyz.jpg

But considering where it's being sold, is it even necessary to censor them?

I did catch a glimpse of some uncensored! but they weren't as visible as the one I posted

... but I don't think I can post the pic I took of them here

Creepy that it cuts off above her knees.

I googled for 'akiyama mio and ice cream' or something like that, got this:

I guess that's either a photoshop of Mio into a bikini or an official variant. Same pose and all. Sidenote, the thought of Mio eating ice cream while lying in bed like that makes me laugh.

Now when you say minors, are we talking 17 here or...?
I hope so.
I don't think there is a age restriction on conventions. People take their kids all the time. Though it could be different at this one.
Creepy that it cuts off above her knees.

I googled for 'akiyama mio and ice cream' or something like that, got this:

I guess that's either a photoshop of Mio into a bikini or an official variant. Same pose and all. Sidenote, the thought of Mio eating ice cream while lying in bed like that makes me laugh.
"Oh no, all this sticky white liquid got all over me..."
The Mio one is actually pretty tame compared to the rest of them.

Well, it is K-ON!

Don't you just hate it when melted ice cream gets all over your hands?

The only name I recognized is Miku, who are the other two?

Spice and Wolf is the name of the anime. The character's name is like Horo or something. She's got a wolf tail and ears, hence the show's name.
Saber is a character from like Fate/Zero and others of that franchise. She's really popular for some reason.

Madao

Hahaha, no I never did stuff like that. As a kid, I was basically just like Mio, just replace writing fuwa fuwa poems with drawing cartoon characters.
I still am a lot like Mio still, but whatever...

hmm that's interesting.
actually,
i also had several of Mio's traits like being shy and drawing stuff on my notebooks (random forms in my case. i was never good enough to replicate things). it wasn't as bad as with Mio but i'd get nervous when people tried to look at my notebooks and people teased me quite a lot back then (and i didn't take it good..). this could be why i don't like her much. reminds me of my bad days.

hmm that's interesting.
actually,
i also had several of Mio's traits like being shy and drawing stuff on my notebooks (random forms in my case. i was never good enough to replicate things). it wasn't as bad as with Mio but i'd get nervous when people tried to look at my notebooks and people teased me quite a lot back then (and i didn't take it good..). this could be why i don't like her much. reminds me of my bad days.

Odd, I like her because she reminds me of myself. I guess we just see it differently.

dluu13

Spice and Wolf is the name of the anime. The character's name is like Horo or something. She's got a wolf tail and ears, hence the show's name.
Saber is a character from like Fate/Zero and others of that franchise. She's really popular for some reason.

Spice and Wolf is pretty good, btw. You should watch it.

Uraizen

Banned
hmm that's interesting.
actually,

Odd, I like her because she reminds me of myself. I guess we just see it differently.

So now we're comparing ourselves to the characters and which one we can most relate to? That's a pretty tough one if you consider yourself a mix. If I were to choose the character I most relate to, it'd have to be Ritsu (duh). Her personality just happens to match mine most of the time. There are instances where I would be Yui like in the OVA where Yui keeps asking that one bad for their notes. Another Yui instance was when she studied one night for that test and managed to ace it. Difference here is that I don't forget things to learn a new thing. I even have a little Mugi in me where I act innoncent at times, but I'm totally not, hehe. Can't really think of any Mio or Azusa in me. So... there ya go.

You would have to get Izayoi to post in this thread first.
He's posted in here like twice before, a long time ago...
That's gotta count for something! I don't see him around that often much either, but I'll try to get him to come around more often.
So now we're comparing ourselves to the characters and which one we can most relate to? That's a pretty tough one if you consider yourself a mix. If I were to choose the character I most relate to, it'd have to be Ritsu (duh). Her personality just happens to match mine most of the time. There are instances where I would be Yui like in the OVA where Yui keeps asking that one bad for their notes. Another Yui instance was when she studied one night for that test and managed to ace it. Difference here is that I don't forget things to learn a new thing. I even have a little Mugi in me where I act innoncent at times, but I'm totally not, hehe. Can't really think of any Mio or Azusa in me. So... there ya go.
I can't really relate much to the other characters personally in any case.

Well, maybe Ritsu and Yui's laziness. lol

Top Bottom