• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

cjkeats

My friend who agreed to watch K-on a while back is slowly getting there.
pyKkt.jpg

I can tell she's not really liking it by how long it's taking her to watch it. She gets like that when she don't want to do something. /sigh.

My friend who agreed to watch K-on a while back is slowly getting there.
I can tell she's not really liking it by how long it's taking her to watch it. She gets like that when she don't want to do something. /sigh.
She's kinda missing the point...
Tell her the show gets better further along.

cjkeats

"The point" of a lot of things tends to fly over her head. I'm forcing her to continue on wether she likes it or not, it took me a while to "get it" as well.
I also have the poor thing watching School Days as well, and she has no idea what's she's getting into. She thinks it's a typical high school romance. I'm terrible.

Oh, the days of old when I didn't "get" K-ON, just letting it wash over me until that one version of "My Love is a Stapler" suddenly clicked with me... Feels like so long ago, when it was only a few months.

Decided to change my avatar because I love Yui's SeriousFace. The hat is because why not.

Fuwa Fuwa Time is still the best of the HTT songs.

I used to love Choose Your Own Adventure when I was a kid. Anybody remember those crazy books? "Turn to page 36."

Fuwa Fuwa Time is a great song too. I like pretty much all their songs.

Yeah, there were some Star Wars choose your own adventure books I liked to read as a kid a lot. I also had a Choose your own adventure book of Wario Land 4, which was really weird. lol

Rather than list all the songs that I love (which, to be completely frank, is basically all of them), it's far easier to mention the one song that I don't entirely agree with to the same degree as the others. That would be Fountain Pen ~Ball Pen~ (Studio Mix). It's for the obvious reason, I think that Yoko Hisaka is a better fit on the vocals than Aki Toyosaki because it feels more like a Mio song. I love the way the Studio Mix's band sounds compared to the Live Mix, otherwise it's not the version of that song that I gravitate to often. I think they struck a good balance on the second HTT album's Cassette version, where both Yoko and Aki sing.

And now I feel bad for saying bad things about K-ON (Don't ask me why, my brain is weirdly wired like this) so I have to highlight the Studio Mix version of "My Love is a Stapler." There's so much stuff they did to enhance the song from little instrumental touches to Yoko Hisaka doing some great vocal backing or whatever it's called to Aki's singing towards the end,
and I literally was like HELL YESSS when the violins came out of NOWHERE
. Without a doubt that's my favorite song from the first HTT album.

Madao

the recent song dicussion made me realize i haven't paid much attention to the actual songs in the show. they blur in my mind.

also, i reached ep 20 in my rewatch. this is one of the eps that makes dust get in your eye and stuff. the moment where the girls start talking about what they'll do the next year is what gets me there.

Additionally, if it wasn't clear, if you guys had picked to search the closet, Jun would have been killed. Azusa's house is truly fraught with danger.

Now I'm hesitant to vote, due to the possibility of death. LOL. What if the box is some crazy bomb Azu decided to make?!
>Clean up the animals.

God, caught The Hobbit in 3D with the new High Frame Rate standard, amazing. Imagine HTT adventuring through Middle Earth. Every other scene they would stop for tea time. XD I now have an image in my head of HTT as hobbits just chillin' in the Shire.

Good to hear you liked it. All I seem to be hearing about the 48fps thing is that it's terrible ): Shame I'll only be able to see it in the old standard.

It's a tie, I guess. Since they're not mutually exclusive, I'll try and work in both. Additionally, if it wasn't clear, if you guys had picked to search the closet, Jun would have been killed. Azusa's house is truly fraught with danger.

Now this story is getting interesting! When death is always around the corner, every decision becomes a pulse-pounding struggle!

Is anybody here "playing" Yomecolle? I need people to trade cards with!

OceanBlue

I don't remember what I thought when I first started watching K-On!.

I wasn't really put off by K-On when I first watched it. At first I was surprised since I expected more band stuff but I stopped caring pretty quickly. I honestly think that it's harder to get into Hidamari Sketch or the first four episodes of Lucky Star than it is to get into K-On.

What's a Yomekolle?

Waifu app.

Rather than list all the songs that I love (which, to be completely frank, is basically all of them), it's far easier to mention the one song that I don't entirely agree with to the same degree as the others. That would be Fountain Pen ~Ball Pen~ (Studio Mix). It's for the obvious reason, I think that Yoko Hisaka is a better fit on the vocals than Aki Toyosaki because it feels more like a Mio song. I love the way the Studio Mix's band sounds compared to the Live Mix, otherwise it's not the version of that song that I gravitate to often. I think they struck a good balance on the second HTT album's Cassette version, where both Yoko and Aki sing.

And now I feel bad for saying bad things about K-ON (Don't ask me why, my brain is weirdly wired like this) so I have to highlight the Studio Mix version of "My Love is a Stapler." There's so much stuff they did to enhance the song from little instrumental touches to Yoko Hisaka doing some great vocal backing or whatever it's called to Aki's singing towards the end,
and I literally was like HELL YESSS when the violins came out of NOWHERE
. Without a doubt that's my favorite song from the first HTT album.
I really like the cassette mixes, they really make them sound like they're a garage band, which they basically are.
the recent song dicussion made me realize i haven't paid much attention to the actual songs in the show. they blur in my mind.

also, i reached ep 20 in my rewatch. this is one of the eps that makes dust get in your eye and stuff. the moment where the girls start talking about what they'll do the next year is what gets me there.
Episode 20 is pretty great though.
The Walking Dead happened. Clementine is so awesome.
Ew, I don't know you.

Esura

Banned
Mugi is by far the cutest one of the realistic one with Mio second. They are all cute but those two stick out a little more.

Good to hear you liked it. All I seem to be hearing about the 48fps thing is that it's terrible ): Shame I'll only be able to see it in the old standard.

I did buy a ticket to see it Friday night for Saturday morning...then I woke up Saturday running a fever and feeling horrible :(. I'll try it again next weekend.

Spent most of yesterday in bed feeling crappy. Doing better today...even unboxed nendo Yui. The stand for her unfortunately broke so I have to lean her on a wall until I pilfer a stand from another nendo. Did get a pic with her and Mio...forgive the quality as I suck at taking pictures and this is on my 4S.

I might be able to work something up. Or just use the ones nckillthegrimace made. lol

I think I like this option...with all due respect to nckillthegrimace :p

I did buy a ticket to see it Friday night for Saturday morning...then I woke up Saturday running a fever and feeling horrible :(. I'll try it again next weekend.

Spent most of yesterday in bed feeling crappy. Doing better today...even unboxed nendo Yui. The stand for her unfortunately broke so I have to lean her on a wall until I pilfer a stand from another nendo. Did get a pic with her and Mio...forgive the quality as I suck at taking pictures and this is on my 4S.

Shame about the ilness ):
Both the nendos look really cool. I'm getting tempted to buy a couple now..

Metrotab

Banned
Realistic Ritsu slays the competition for me, like I said before. First time I saw it, I actually went "woah" out loud, which happens once in a blue moon.

It might even be the first K-On! picture I saved.

EDIT: The Marii one is great too. Makes red hair actually feasible looking.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The artist must like Ritsu the best.

Well she is the best.

Yui or Mugi look the second best in those pictures.

Top Bottom