• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

You must be our little guest!

Konachan.jpg

So is Denpa Onna worth watching? I guess it's only 12 episodes, so if I hate it at least I won't be hating it very long. An Akiyuki Shinbo Joint, as it were.

I'm currently watching it. So far so good. It has some charming aspects.

Characters can be equally cute and annoying sometimes. Though, the peculiar way they act kind of grew on me.

In other words, it's worth a watch if you like cute and crazy.

Score! Ami Ami had a pre-owned Azunyan nendoroid with condition A. I just put my order in. It's been a few years since I ordered anything from them, so we'll see how this goes. :D

AmiAmi's been consistently good to me over the last few years, so I'm sure you'll be good. Though I've never ordered anything pre-owned from them before.

Aaaand apparently they have a couple of pre-owned Ritsu nendos...need to see if I can budget this...

Oh yeah..? It's on my to watch list. I'll get round to it eventually.. Just finishing Ore no Imouto at the moment.
Yeah, I'm planning on watching it eventually as well.
Every time the Japanese final rolls in, I draw a motivational thingie on the blackboard. Last term it was Saber because of Fate/zero. This time:

That's really cute! I've never been a big fan of calk boards though, that screeching...

Emitan

Speaking of nendos, this is what I have coming this month:

1) Hakase -

2) Akari -

For K-ON, I still have the Azunyan and Mugi nendos to unbox, now that I have made the space to display them.

Hakase! Nano! Hakase! Nano!

Madao

i'm still rocking the phone i got in 2007. the thing's older than my nephew.

if you ask my dad, he'd tell you even the most advanced phone now is still a dumbphone because the phone can't do shit on it's own (as in, actually thinking)

cjkeats

Hey k-on! Gaf. I just bought the new humble bundle, because I always do, but this time I literally have everything in it. and Luckily they are now in all separate steam codes instead of one big code.

So because it's christmas and I'm awesome, I have two of the following for any of you:

1)Binding of Issac + Wotl expanshion(one copy left)
2)Closure
3)Indie Game: The Movie
4)Shank 2
5)Snapshot
6)Legend of Grimrock

and one copy of Dungeon Defenders + All DLC.

So um, who wants what? (don't be greedy, it's Christmas) My steam name is cjkeats

Kazzy

Speaking of nendos, this is what I have coming this month:
Akari -

I've considered buying that Akari nendo too. I think it's the hair rockets that does it for me!

Hey k-on! Gaf. I just bought the new humble bundle, because I always do, but this time I literally have everything in it. and Luckily they are now in all separate steam codes instead of one big code.

So because it's christmas and I'm awesome, I have two of the following for any of you:

1)Binding of Issac + Wotl expanshion
2)Closure
4)Shank 2
5)Snapshot
6)Legend of Grimrock

So um, who wants what? (don't be greedy, it's Christmas) My steam name is cjkeats

I can recommend Indie Game: The Movie to anyone. Even as someone who wasn't particularly a big fan of any of the games featured (or the people behind them), it's still quite a fascinating watch.

1)Binding of Issac + Wotl expanshion
2)Closure
4)Shank 2
5)Snapshot
6)Legend of Grimrock

iDn87.gif

Oooh, I'll take Binding of Issac! I'm Amishpriest on Steam.

Have I ever said you're awesome? 'Cuz you're awesome! Thank you!

cjkeats

I've considered buying that Akari nendo too. I think it's the hair rockets that does it for me!

I finished season one of that last night. I was left indifferent.

I can recommend Indie Game: The Movie to anyone. Even as someone who wasn't particularly a big fan of any of the games featured (or the people behind them), it's still quite a fascinating watch.

It indeed is. they said they were gonna do a follow up with Phil Phish about Fez's release and patch issues but I guess nothing ever came of it.

Oooh, I'll take Binding of Issac! I'm Amishpriest on Steam.

Have I ever said you're awesome? 'Cuz you're awesome! Thank you!

PM's so hard. BoI is a ton of fun, but I've never finished it.

Kazzy

I finished season one of that last night. I was left indifferent.

Season two won't do anything to change you mind, because it essentially remains the same ( but the extended cast get more of a focus), so make of that what you will. That said, I recommend watching episode one, if only to see how ridiculously self-referential it becomes.

The series was just good fun, and I typically find a lot of the usual Japanese humour to fall extremely flat in anime, so it was nice to see that this was a little more closer to what I can appreciate.

It indeed is. they said they were gonna do a follow up with Phil Phish about Fez's release and patch issues but I guess nothing ever came of it.

Judging by the comments coming from Fish following Fez's release, I don't think that'd be a film I would enjoy watching! I'm really in the middle with him, because as a person he is extremely abrasive, but he did endure a hell of a lot in-between making that game.

Oh, I can't wait to get her...it will be amazing. It is the hair rockets that sold her to me, not that she isn't cute to begin with.

PM's so hard. BoI is a ton of fun, but I've never finished it.

Really looking forward to trying it...I've heard quite a bit about it. Thanks again!

By the way, I keep forgetting to mention I picked up Left 4 Dead 2 the last time it was on sale, but haven't had a chance to play it. If I dial down the setting some I think it will run ok. I'll give that a try sometime tonight too while I'm at it.

I seriously need a decent gaming PC. That's my next "major" investment.

cjkeats

Season two doesn't do anything that is going to make you change you mind, because it essentially remains the same (the extended cast get more of a focus), so make of that what you will. That said, I recommend watching episode one, if only to see how ridiculously self-referential it becomes.

The series was just good fun, and I typically find a lot of the usual Japanese humour to fall extremely flat in anime, so it was nice to see that this was a little more closer to what I can appreciate.

By no means did I hate it, I just won't be preaching about it or anything either. I would watch it when I was at the point where you're too tired to do anything, but not tired enough to sleep. Akari and Chinatsu were my favorites.

Judging by the comments coming from Fish following Fez's release, I don't think that'd be a film I would enjoy watching! I'm really in the middle with him, because as a person he is extremely abrasive, but he did endure a hell of a lot in-between making that game.

That's why I was hoping for it so much, I asked the filmmakers on twitter after his little "I quit twitter" meltdown and they said they were planning it.

I seriously need a decent gaming PC. That's my next "major" investment.

I've been telling myself that for years.

By no means did I hate it, I just won't be preaching about it or anything either. I would watch it when I was at the point where you're too tired to do anything, but not tired enough to sleep. Akari and Chinatsu were my favorites.

I really enjoyed it, but I can totally see where it can be hit or miss as with many of these types of shows. I see you did pick the two best girls, so good on you :D

1)Binding of Issac + Wotl expanshion(one copy left)
2)Closure
4)Shank 2
5)Snapshot
6)Legend of Grimrock

I will happily take one random game of your choice. Are you in our Steam group?

Top Bottom