• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So after the disappointment of NSMBU I'm goon back to Kid Icarus Uprising and I'm realising this is a game I would enjoy more on 3DSXL.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I will say that the forest of illusion thing in swamp land was one of my best Mario experiences ever. Sad that the rest of the game lacked on that section's charms.

I was kinda hoping that this would be a discussion for how stuff keeps on getting smaller with no regard for ergonomics though.

cajunator

Banned
K-On!! 02

Know what time it is? Its "post a picture of Sawako in her rockstar persona because its hot as fuck" time!
Anyway, the girls discover that the music room is loaded down with personal belongig hoarder shit everywhere so they decide to clean it up. They discover
Sawako's old guitar. Sawako tells them to sell it and put the funds into the club.
Yui sucks at jan-ken so she has to carry it. They mess around at a hardware store looking for some shelving. Yui discovers the cutest fucking turtle ever.
Anyway so
they sell the guitar to the guitar shop for 5000 bucks. The girls all let the money go to their heads
. Sawako asks for the receipt. Ritsu being awesome like usual tries to eat it to hide the value. Sawako gives her that incredibly hot death stare. I love you Sawako be my waifu. I mean, so ritsu spits it out and she discovers the real value. She says she will buy one thing for the club. They get the cute turtle for Azusa as her kouhai. For some reason this word was not translated in the official subs so it looks rather silly. They could have just said "junior" or "understudy". Oh well, anyway this show is REALLY FUCKING CUTE.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
But wouldn't the fact that there is a 3DS XL make this discussion pointless?
The fact that the comfortable option for my big manly hands is sold at a premium is bs.

Also I've been without a laptop for the past days and have bad to resort through browsing on my phone and this thing if so obviously not built for either browsing or phoning. Fucking rectangles.

cajunator

Banned
This is why I was surprised to hear that you hadn't watched season 2. I liked K-On after S1 but S2 really sealed the deal for me. Glad to hear you're watching it and I hope you enjoy it!

Well, as much as I like cute anime shows, if they arent story driven I tend to drag my feet a bit. I like long epic anime stories, so I was focusing on Shangri La, Steins;Gate, From the New world, that sort of thing. But I had osme time tonight so why not at least start it? Gonna be back at my place in the morning and rest of the week so I will continue it there on a much larger screen sitting in a more comfortable chair and not in my parents frozen kitchen on a bar stool with their little 30 inch Vizio with the volume turned down.

New year, new avatar!

Takanashi.Rikka.600.1326561.jpg

Squirrel Suit best suit

But yeah I really liked NSMBU, but they need to allow you to take Yoshis to other levels! I don't get why they can't let you do that argh. I mean the Baby Yoshis are definitely more broken but we can take them!

Kazzy

So after the disappointment of NSMBU I'm goon back to Kid Icarus Uprising and I'm realising this is a game I would enjoy more on 3DSXL.

Which is my rationale, and why I have held off for so long. The DS Lite's for example, they looked really nice, but they were extremely small and kind of annoying in practice.

And knowing Nintendo's penchant for hardware iteration, early adopters are never the winners!

But wouldn't the fact that there is a 3DS XL make this discussion pointless?

I am not drinking from the same supply.

The only game I got as a gift was Metroid: Other M. I personally don't really care if many at NeoGaf,and plenty of people elsewhere, don't care for it, I want to try it and make my own opinion on it. There's games I like that many don't or games many like that I don't.

I enjoyed Other M! But I come from a (relatively) unique position of it being my very first Metroid game, and so I had no affection for the franchise beforehand. That said, the story was nonsensical, and the voice acting was patchy at best, but that's not why I played it.

And posting in AnimeGAF should have already prepared you for defending a contrary opinion!

Kazzy

3DS XL is awesome!

I recently sold my launch 3DS to my friend and I'm not lookin' back!

I was expecting this for Christmas, but the release was delayed indefinitely. They still assure me that my order will be fulfilled, though the product doesn't appear on the website anymore. We'll see...

Emitan

Can you afford all the batteries? Can you!?

I had an AC Adapter with mine so my family wouldn't go destitute buying batteries.

3DS XL is awesome!

I recently sold my launch 3DS to my friend and I'm not lookin' back!

I should really get an XL. At least getting one of those extended life replacement battery packs make the regular 3DS easier to hold.

Glad you're liking S2 so far, cajun. Not that there was ever any doubt you would.

cjkeats

I've never owned any Sega consoles. It was just never a thing for me. Game gear didn't play Pokemon, I had no interest.
I tried to get one of those new Dreamcasts think geek puts out every so often but I always miss them.

If we're talking buying crazy handhelds, I did come close to winning an N-Gage on eBay a few months back. After I lost the auction, I had to stop and re-evaluate my life.

Edit: guess while on topic, I don't think I ever mentioned how much I love the art in the op. Sawa and the link cable cracks me up.

K-On!! 02

Know what time it is? Its "post a picture of Sawako in her rockstar persona because its hot as fuck" time!
Anyway, the girls discover that the music room is loaded down with personal belongig hoarder shit everywhere so they decide to clean it up. They discover
Sawako's old guitar. Sawako tells them to sell it and put the funds into the club.
Yui sucks at jan-ken so she has to carry it. They mess around at a hardware store looking for some shelving. Yui discovers the cutest fucking turtle ever.
Anyway so
they sell the guitar to the guitar shop for 5000 bucks. The girls all let the money go to their heads
. Sawako asks for the receipt. Ritsu being awesome like usual tries to eat it to hide the value. Sawako gives her that incredibly hot death stare. I love you Sawako be my waifu. I mean, so ritsu spits it out and she discovers the real value. She says she will buy one thing for the club. They get the cute turtle for Azusa as her kouhai. For some reason this word was not translated in the official subs so it looks rather silly. They could have just said "junior" or "understudy". Oh well, anyway this show is REALLY FUCKING CUTE.
That's actually something they don't even translate in the dub. One of my many problems I have with it.
But yes, it's a really cute episode.
dQern.gif

The fact that the comfortable option for my big manly hands is sold at a premium is bs.
I guess.
Well, as much as I like cute anime shows, if they arent story driven I tend to drag my feet a bit. I like long epic anime stories, so I was focusing on Shangri La, Steins;Gate, From the New world, that sort of thing. But I had osme time tonight so why not at least start it? Gonna be back at my place in the morning and rest of the week so I will continue it there on a much larger screen sitting in a more comfortable chair and not in my parents frozen kitchen on a bar stool with their little 30 inch Vizio with the volume turned down.
I see where you're coming from. K-ON!! does kinda have a prevailing theme that runs through the whole season, unlike season 1 does. Anyways, you're going to love it.

Kazzy

I've never owned any Sega consoles. It was just never a thing for me. Game gear didn't play Pokemon, I had no interest.
I tried to get one of those new Dreamcasts think geek puts out every so often but I always miss them.

If we're talking buying crazy handhelds, I did come close to winning an N-Gage on eBay a few months back. After I lost the auction, I had to stop and re-evaluate my life.

Edit: guess while on topic, I don't think I ever mentioned how much I love the art in the op. Sawa and the link cable cracks me up.

That's me and Nintendo consoles. I briefly owned an N-64, but they have always been things which I have owned towards the end of a generation. I had a game boy colour (of course), but other than that, nothing. I own a Wii pretty much through convenience, as my sister never uses the damn thing!

cajunator

Banned
Ive got a Genesis and a SAturn. the Saturn was mainly a NiGHTS into Dreams playing device but has been made nearly irrelevant by the HD version on my Ps3. Well the old machine still has the superior 3D special controller and unless there is an adapter for that thing to work with USB then I will prefer to play it old school.
The genesis is mainly a sonic/Jurassic Park machine (so help me I loved that game)

Nafe

Spending it with my dad! New Years Eve we impulsively took the train to Toronto for the celebration which was nuts... on the train ride home some cute asian girls sat across from us, and when got up for her stop (which was in my city!) she tripped and fell on me. My dad's been telling everyone all day, heh.

Haha, I remember looking at the front/main page of NeoGaf and seeing the name GuessMyUserName under the "Welcome our newest member!" part a little while ago and now you've been approved. Nice to meet you.

I didn't realize that kind of thing happened in real life. Maybe I've seen too much anime and just thought people falling on top of each other was just an anime fan service thing,haha.

I never knew of this, this is awesome! Don't hesitate to post any more K-ON! things you find! The error pages are so cute!

Yeah, sure thing.

It looks like it would be pretty warm!

Yeah, there's slightly different kinds, such as l've looked at the more military style ones and you can always get one to cover your ears. Being made for a Russian winter I imagine they would be pretty warm.

Was it my heartwarming PM that did it?

Haha, I'd say it probably helped.

You continue to prove why you are one of my favorite people here. You most certainly should stay away from NG3, but I'm not sure how good Razor's Edge is. Couldn't hurt to pick up Razor's Edge for cheap if you see it for like... $20.

We certainly seem to like a lot of the same games huh?

Yeah, I don't have a WiiU but if I did buy it I was thinking of waiting until it got cheaper.

Best thread on GAF ? Best thread on GAF.

I see different ones mention/complain that nothing really happens in this thread but then I also see people who don't like K-On! mention that nothing happens in the show and the girls just sit around not playing music usually.

Haha, I guess the thread is still kind of living up to it's name then when you look at it that way. We're just being authentic to the source material!

I'm actually one of the people that really likes Other M. Metroid's been my favourite series forever and I thought the gameplay of Other M was incredibly fun. It was like playing a 2D Metroid in a 3D space, and god I've always wanted more 2D Metroid. It's definitely got story telling problems, though I don't hate on it so much... silly things like authorization didn't bother me one single bit since I basically just looked at it as a gameplay thing instead of a plot thing.

Yeah, I've been a big Metroid fan too since Super and played a little bit of II for the GameBoy.

I've heard some complain about some things such as it's dumb that Samus regains her health just by "thinking really hard" or you have to wait for commander something to authorize your weapons at dumb times. Gameplay wise it sounds fine, such as the health thing really just sounds like regenerative health introduced into the Metroid series, and searching for health could just be annoying sometimes more than anything in other games anyway, but the narrative justification for it is just really dumb.

The one thing I could for sure maybe have a problem with is apparently Samus comes across as really submissive and originally she was made up to be a really strong and independent girl who could do all sorts of things, whereas in Other M apparently that's more of a front and she's really just scared and alone and almost a bit of an emotional wreck apparently. I could see that as potentially a bit off putting depending how it's done as that's almost polar opposite to how her character was before. It almost sounds like what Crystal Dynamics is doing with Lara Croft in the newest game where they want you to "protect her". Although I've never played a Tomb Raider before.

OMG it's Nafe! *waves*

Hey Emitan. :)

That reminds me that I haven't taken a look at that thread yet. I didn't play any of the games you mentioned, although I didn't really play all that much of anything last year really. I spent much more time watching anime instead.

Personally I'm not really that interested in a WiiU right now as NSMBU and Ninja Gaiden 3 are really the only games I think I would want to purchase. There's some coming later such as Pikmin 3 or that P100 game or Bayonetta 2, even though I haven't played the first yet.

I think the WiiU will pretty much be like my Wii system in that I'll really only want the Nintendo franchises and the odd exclusive game.

Which is my rationale, and why I have held off for so long. The DS Lite's for example, they looked really nice, but they were extremely small and kind of annoying in practice.

And knowing Nintendo's penchant for hardware iteration, early adopters are never the winners!

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Yeah, I'm never really an early adopter of hardware either, more so especially these days. I'll let other people be the guinea pigs, haha.

I enjoyed Other M! But I come from a (relatively) unique position of it being my very first Metroid game, and so I had no affection for the franchise beforehand. That said, the story was nonsensical, and the voice acting was patchy at best, but that's not why I played it.

And posting in AnimeGAF should have already prepared you for defending a contrary opinion!

Ok, well I really liked Super Metroid and the Metroid Prime games, with the third being the weakest in my opinion, so I'd recommend those. The GameBoy ones might be fun too.

Haha, yeah, true enough about AnimeGaf. Sometimes some maybe seem a bit more blunt about things but at the end of the day I don't think people really care that much if you like or don't like something.

Kazzy

Ive got a Genesis and a SAturn. the Saturn was mainly a NiGHTS into Dreams playing device but has been made nearly irrelevant by the HD version on my Ps3. Well the old machine still has the superior 3D special controller and unless there is an adapter for that thing to work with USB then I will prefer to play it old school.
The genesis is mainly a sonic/Jurassic Park machine (so help me I loved that game)

The Saturn was my white whale, because I always owned Sega consoles, though the overlap between that and the Playstation made it so I never did get one. That said, I remember being set on the Saturn. I loved my fighters and I suppose there was some childish loyalty there too, but it wasn't in stock. To cut the story short, I settled for a Playstation, oh, what could have been!

Kazzy

I see different ones mention/complain that nothing really happens in this thread but then I also see people who don't like K-On! mention that nothing happens in the show and the girls just sit around not playing music usually.

Haha, I guess the thread is still kind of living up to it's name then when you look at it that way. We're just being authentic to the source material!

Who said that!

I did enjoy the thread in its sleepy stage, although it can hardly be called that nowadays!

Play Bayonetta! It's a fantastic game even if you're new to that style of action game like I was!

Honestly, if the sequel is even a shade of what the original was, I will buy a Wii U on the spot. I am kind of weary about how they can do it justice, given the hardware they're now working with.

Emitan

I first completed Bayo on the PS3 and then fell in love when I finally broke down and unpacked my 360 and bought it off the XBL store. Menus without load times!? Heaven!

cajunator

Banned
Why would anyone be weary of a WiiU Bayonetta? Its going to look at least as good as the 360 one. Unless you mean the tablet controller or something.

I didn't realize that kind of thing happened in real life. Maybe I've seen too much anime and just thought people falling on top of each other was just an anime fan service thing,haha.

As they say, life imitates art!

Yeah, there's slightly different kinds, such as l've looked at the more military style ones and you can always get one to cover your ears. Being made for a Russian winter I imagine they would be pretty warm.

I'd think ones that would cover your ears would be warmer, but I suppose if you have long enough hair it wouldn't really be a problem.

Is that how they see us? I guess so...
I just really like to talk K-ON! and get like minded people to discuss with me. I also made this thread in the hopes I can get more people to watch the show, and seeing since I made this thread, Watanabe Kazuma and others have taken a chance and watched the show. I'm so happy I made this thread, I have so much fun here.
So I guess in a way, it is like in the spirit of the show. lol Like I'm handing out fliers in a horse costume, and coming back to the thread to drink tea.

Yeah, I've been a big Metroid fan too since Super and played a little bit of II for the GameBoy.

I've heard some complain about some things such as it's dumb that Samus regains her health just by "thinking really hard" or you have to wait for commander something to authorize your weapons at dumb times. Gameplay wise it sounds fine, such as the health thing really just sounds like regenerative health introduced into the Metroid series, and searching for health could just be annoying sometimes more than anything in other games anyway, but the narrative justification for it is just really dumb.

The one thing I could for sure maybe have a problem with is apparently Samus comes across as really submissive and originally she was made up to be a really strong and independent girl who could do all sorts of things, whereas in Other M apparently that's more of a front and she's really just scared and alone and almost a bit of an emotional wreck apparently. I could see that as potentially a bit off putting depending how it's done as that's almost polar opposite to how her character was before. It almost sounds like what Crystal Dynamics is doing with Lara Croft in the newest game where they want you to "protect her". Although I've never played a Tomb Raider before

I started playing Metroid since the first one. And the Samus isn't really that different than how she was portrayed in Metroid Fusion. There is one scene that everyone hates though, which I don't blame them.

That reminds me that I haven't taken a look at that thread yet. I didn't play any of the games you mentioned, although I didn't really play all that much of anything last year really. I spent much more time watching anime instead.

Personally I'm not really that interested in a WiiU right now as NSMBU and Ninja Gaiden 3 are really the only games I think I would want to purchase. There's some coming later such as Pikmin 3 or that P100 game or Bayonetta 2, even though I haven't played the first yet.

I think the WiiU will pretty much be like my Wii system in that I'll really only want the Nintendo franchises and the odd exclusive game.

I'm a huge Mario fan, if my username didn't tip that off, so I wanted to get NSMBU as soon as I can. Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate are the games I'm most looking forward to right now for the Wii U.

Ok, well I really liked Super Metroid and the Metroid Prime games, with the third being the weakest in my opinion, so I'd recommend those. The GameBoy ones might be fun too.
Have you played Metroid Zero Mission? I really love that one.
Haha, yeah, true enough about AnimeGaf. Sometimes some maybe seem a bit more blunt about things but at the end of the day I don't think people really care that much if you like or don't like something.

Yeah, I try not to hold it against anyone over there, but it can be trying sometimes.

Kazzy

Why would anyone be weary of a WiiU Bayonetta? Its going to look at least as good as the 360 one. Unless you mean the tablet controller or something.

Is it? I hope so. I'm going purely off games that aren't too dissimilar on the platform, and maybe that's unfair, because they are largely ports. But in that regard, some of the failings encountered with those are cause for concern. I trust Platinum, though.

Emitan

You already quoted Nafe about that! Does the Nafe fan club have another member?

Also the Wii U's launch titles were mainly late ports with low budgets/dev time and absolutely do not reflect the performance of a title that is actually taking advantage of the system.

Kazzy

You already quoted Nafe about that!

Also the Wii U's launch titles were mainly late ports with low budgets/dev time and absolutely do not reflect the performance of a title that is actually taking advantage of the system.

Oh, posting on a phone will do that! And the page kept timing out for a good while, did anybody else have that?

And I am well aware, but I'm only going on what is currently on offer.

This is the part where I am too friendly to a new poster and drive them away isn't it? :(

bHF0S.gif

Maybe to get into the swing of things, maybe we need to have another character rankings. We haven't done one yet this year!

Mio>>>Ritsu>Jun=Ui>Mugi>Nodoka>Megumi>Sawako>Mio's Doppelganger>Azusa>Yui

Metrotab

Banned
Any attempt at ranking ends frustratingly because of my inability to decide between Mugi and Ritsu as best girl. That doesn't even factor in Sawako. (I love christmas cakes! Unfortunately Japan doesn't seem to.)

Someone notified me that K-On! is the only KyoAni show without any 'steamy' official art.

Top Bottom