• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Uraizen

Banned
Really? Hm, I've missed that then. What episode are you guys up to now? or do you just pick random ones?

We started out by watching the Christmas one, then we decided
Unknown Soldier
to watch the entire thing by doing an episode every week. We're on the 3rd episode of the first season, I'll PM you the details.

I see you didn't read my handy guide on how to install Yomecolle. Your punishment must be more severe.
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45492700&postcount=10860

It works on any Android device which is semi-decent. An original Galaxy Note is more than plenty decent for this, and as a Galaxy Note II owner I must say that your taste in phone size is impeccable. You know as I do that size does matter, and once you've had one that big in your hand, everything else is just too small.

I found that post just now :) Gonna wait until tomorrow to root it though, I'm pretty tired so I'd probably brick my phone.

Damn straight! Everyone thinks it's hilarious how large my phone is, but I have massive hands so it's the perfect size! Gotta love the handwriting options too!

Well, nobody really complained actually and I can't remember specific names but different ones in the anime thread just made comments that it seemed like much of the conversation wasn't really about K-On! anymore or it was was mostly just now comprised of favorites lists and more of an image/gif spam/repository.

Maybe they were just joking though or they just happened to come in on the wrong time such as AnimeGaf seems to have it's weird moments but it's not all like that so it could have just been one of those situations. I've seen it personally just popping in on other community threads out of curiosity that I don't normally visit too.
This community thread isn't really unlike any other community thread. And if the comments were from Regulus, he's just tsundere for this thread. And if the discussion goes to off tangent, I try to reign it in a bit.

I actually didn't know Chet Rippo came from Mario until you mentioned it the one time in the anime thread. I like Mario but I haven't really played a lot of the different spin off series such as Paper Mario. I think the last Mario game I played was Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario Sunshine before that with probably Mario 64 before that...oh wait, there was Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash too. I haven't played the one for Wii yet.
You should try out the Paper Mario games, specifically the N64 and GCN games. Simple and fun.

That's the GameBoy remake of the first one right? I haven't played that one or Fusion but I'd like to. I haven't checked yet but I'm not sure how hard the games are to find now or how much they are anyway.

Yeah, for the Game Boy Advanced, same with Fusion. I doubt they would be to hard to find. I almost like Zero Mission as much as I do Super Metroid.

tumblr_m8qbbgAPrj1rbtqsho1_500.png

Best girls. Oh wait, wrong show. ;p

Neither of those are Makoto!!

That's about when I got approved as well. I registered in April though so it was about three months to the day. Reading different people's messages it seems people get approved in waves so I guess it might just depend on how close you register towards an approval period maybe.
I registered back in January of 2010, and I didn't get approved until like 8 months later.

Really? Hm, I've missed that then. What episode are you guys up to now? or do you just pick random ones?

Well right before Christmas we watched the Christmas and New Years episode, and then the week after we watched the first 2 episodes of season 1.

I don't know what a green card means, but sure?

First, read the summary of Yomecolle here:
http://pastebin.com/PjfT6WnV

I'll highlight the relevant portions to answer your question:
First blank is for your nickname. Your characters will use this in text conversations, so use your name if you want to feel less (more?) ronery.
Second is for referrals. If you use someone's ID, you'll both(?) unlock a green card for a character.

As you level up through affection gain, you may obtain gifts, more character slots, and/or coins. Coins are important in that you use 50 of them to unlock new cards with voices. More advanced cards come in multiple parts (#分, changed in a later update), so expect it to take a while if you're not willing to buy more coins (1 yen per coin). The card with a green button on it can be obtained by referring others to sign up (press it and you'll see your code), so help each other out and save 50 coins. Gifts are used to raise affection points in higher rates than the average methods.

Examples:

A locked green card.

An unlocked green card.

Enter my friend code when you first start the Yomecolle app and it prompts you to register during Step 1. We both get a green card unlocked!

I found that post just now :) Gonna wait until tomorrow to root it though, I'm pretty tired so I'd probably brick my phone.

Damn straight! Everyone thinks it's hilarious how large my phone is, but I have massive hands so it's the perfect size! Gotta love the handwriting options too!

I've been wondering about whether I should ditch iOS for Android...the Galaxy Note is certainly one consideration. My upgrade isn't until July so I have plenty of time to think about it.

I've been wondering about whether I should ditch iOS for Android...the Galaxy Note is certainly one consideration. My upgrade isn't until July so I have plenty of time to think about it.

Yomecolle is available for iOS but the process to install it on iPhones is more complicated because Apple's App Store region-locking is considerably more secure than Google's Play Store region-lock which is very easy to bypass (as I outlined in my post). You could probably jailbreak your iPhone and install Yomecolle but I don't really know how that's done, I only own Android devices.

Yomecolle is available for iOS but the process to install it on iPhones is more complicated because Apple's App Store region-locking is considerably more secure than Google's Play Store region-lock which is very easy to bypass (as I outlined in my post). You could probably jailbreak your iPhone and install Yomecolle but I don't really know how that's done, I only own Android devices.

Eh, I don't think I want to go through jailbreaking it. I'll wait till summer and see what the options are then.

OceanBlue

Okay Unknown Soldier, I registered with your referral code. Downloading some character data now. Thanks for the help.

What app do you use to take snapshots, by the way? Is there a recommended one or a built-in function in most Android phones?

OceanBlue

What device do you have and what version of Android does it run?

And who has the honor of being your first waifu?

edit: Aha, and it just unlocked a green card for me! Thanks you very much!

No idea what version of Android it runs. I think it's ICS. I have the AT&T HTC One X (which apparently is different from regular ones! I nearly avoided disaster when I found out).

I chose Rena Ryuuguu first. She's my favorite character in Higurashi (I haven't played the games) and I love Nakahara Mai. Lol, it seems like they're going with Higurashi yandere Rena instead of Higurashi Kai slightly-more-normal Rena.

No idea what version of Android it runs. I think it's ICS. I have the AT&T HTC One X (which apparently is different from regular ones! I nearly avoided disaster when I found out).

2 seconds of Google search reveals:
http://droidlessons.com/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-the-htc-one-x-free-no-app-required/

I chose Rena Ryuuguu first. She's my favorite character in Higurashi (I haven't played the games) and I love Nakahara Mai. Lol, it seems like they're going with Higurashi yandere Rena instead of Higurashi Kai slightly-more-normal Rena.

Ah, I have Rena. She's not one of my high-priority waifus though. However Yandere Modo Rena is much better than Normal Modo Rena.

Currently, my harem looks like this:

Taiga is obviously my most recent addition. She actually showed up before when I didn't have a slot open and I had to turn her down. Then she appeared again after I unlocked a slot at level 40 and demanded I make her my waifu. I decided it wasn't prudent to turn Taiga down twice, so there she is.

cajunator

Banned
I dunno, it seems like the sort of thing you would enjoy. It would certainly give you something to play with on your phone during those long work days of telling truckers where to drive to next.

This question confuses me. I'm...right here?

I dunno. I have that Kaname Madoka app on my android where you poke her and she says stuff, but I havent played with that app in forever. It was mostly something cute and pointless to have on my phone. Maybe this is similar but do the characters move or are you interacting with a picture?

Madao

I registered back in January of 2010, and I didn't get approved until like 8 months later.

i have you beaten. i wasn't approved until like 1 year after i registered.

also, all this smartphone talk has been flying over my head. i'm with my 2007 dumbphone and i've yet to find a need to get one (i'd find more use in a tablet or laptop first)

I dunno. I have that Kaname Madoka app on my android where you poke her and she says stuff, but I havent played with that app in forever. It was mostly something cute and pointless to have on my phone. Maybe this is similar but do the characters move or are you interacting with a picture?

You interact with a picture but there's a lot more to do in Yomecolle than just prod Madoka. I will give the Madoka app credit though, it's actually an impressive proof-of-concept implementation of a realtime animation technology that is intended for use in games like VNs.

OceanBlue

Ah, I have Rena. She's not one of my high-priority waifus though. However Yandere Modo Rena is much better than Normal Modo Rena.

Currently, my harem looks like this:

I like normal girls. :(

Also, I should've thought of just googling it. I was so focused on finding an app for it that I ended up trying a few that didn't work properly for my phone, lol.

i have you beaten. i wasn't approved until like 1 year after i registered.

also, all this smartphone talk has been flying over my head. i'm with my 2007 dumbphone and i've yet to find a need to get one (i'd find more use in a tablet or laptop first)

I had a phone from 2007 as well. I decided now was the time to switch only because I don't plan on changing my provider and the phone was a dollar.

You interact with a picture but there's a lot more to do in Yomecolle than just prod Madoka. I will give the Madoka app credit though, it's actually an impressive proof-of-concept implementation of a realtime animation technology that is intended for use in games like VNs.

Is that the 3D animation stuff that makes it look a lot like 2D art?

cajunator

Banned

Doesnt sound that fun to be honest.
Is there anything similar to the Madoka app?

Is that the 3D animation stuff that makes it look a lot like 2D art?

Yes.

Doesnt sound that fun to be honest.
Is there anything similar to the Madoka app?

You should try it and see. I won't get mad if you get bored after 5 minutes and uninstall it. But make sure you use my friend code when you sign up!

There are lots of apps like the Madoka app. They all seem to cost money though. Well, except for the Kirino app but I've never figured out how to make the Kirino app work.

For most people, rooting your device is an easy process. Popular devices typically have "one-click" root solutions. I don't know what devices you guys have though.

Top Bottom