• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

Huh... uneventful day in here.
at8F4.gif
Sure, if you didn't get up before noon.
I like seeing if I can pick out the different seiyuu's too. I've gotten pretty good and some of the really prominent ones, like Kana Hanazawa, I don't even need any lines for anymore. I hear a character laugh or something and I can tell it's her.

With Unknown Soldier's talk of Hyouka, it's interesting that all the seiyuu for the five main girls of K-On are in that show as well. You already mentioned that Satomi Satou, who does the voice of Ritsu, does the voice for Chitanda and Chet mentioned that Minako Kotobuki,who does the voice of Mugi, does the voice for the Miku cosplayer.

Aki Toyosaki,who does the voice of Yui,does the voice of the younger sister at the hot springs in episode 7. Ayana Taketatsu,the voice of Azusa, also plays a character in the manga club. She's the girl who comes up and asks Mayaka who she's cosplaying as. She has a couple more lines as well. Last but certainly not least is Yoko Hikasa,who does the voice of Mio. She does the voice of the girl who is asking all the questions at the quiz game part of the school festival.

The same seiyuu's will sometimes appear in a couple of KyoAni shows one after the other as well, such as Jun Fukuyama. He did the voice of,I believe he was the student council president, in Hyouka and then went on to do the voice of the main character Yuuta in Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!.
Yeah, it's kinda cool when you start hearing certain voice actors in other anime. I've been kinda looking up the shows the K-ON! main cast has been it, and all of their careers seem to explode post K-ON! Then again, they really aren't that old, in fact Minako Kotobuki was still 17 when the first season aired. And for Ayana Taketatsu one of her very first credited role is K-ON!
I don't know, I find this kinda stuff neat.
You guys are weird.

Finished Season 1 and enjoyed it. I guess I'll come back when I start Season 2 I guess?
I guess we are a little strange...
Well I'm glad you liked it, and I await to see what you think of the second season!!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I don't even know what the heck you guys talking about in here anymore. Should just rename this to "Everything Moe and GIF thread, <10Mbps warning"

P.S. Yui is the best girls, she is the flower of the shows, while all other members are nothing but leafs for viewers to appreciate Yui's true beauty.

I don't even know what the heck you guys talking about in here anymore. Should just rename this to "Everything Moe and GIF thread, <10Mbps warning"

P.S. Yui is the best girls, she is the flower of the shows, while all other members are nothing but leafs for viewers to appreciate Yui's true beauty.
Hey, we've been pretty on topic for the most part!
And Mio is the best!
Dont worry, i'm still around!

kc4e9.jpg

Well if you evern stay out for long periods of time, maybe you should wear a parka?
MioxRitsu is cute! You always find the best ones!

Madao

Mugi is surely enjoying that.

Minako best girl! (i gotta rewatch Sailor Moon soon. last time i watched it was like 5 years ago)

cjkeats

I LIVE!
The snow stopped at around 58cm when we were expecting 70cm-80cm, so that's good...excpt it turned to rain immediately after. You guys ever try to clear a big driveway covered in wet snow that goes up to your waist?
Yeah...
99e2M.gif

Our power came back around 5pm yesterday but the internet only started up again just then. (It's 1:15PM here).

I like seeing if I can pick out the different seiyuu's too. I've gotten pretty good and some of the really prominent ones, like Kana Hanazawa, I don't even need any lines for anymore. I hear a character laugh or something and I can tell it's her.

I love it too, it never fails to make me go "how did I not recognize her/him?" Like for example one of my favorite characters is Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari and I only realized on a second watch of Madoka Magica that she was Homura which is crazy becauise it's the exact same voice. That's the first time I ever recognized a non-english voice across shows.

I LIVE!
The snow stopped at around 58cm when we were expecting 70cm-80cm, so that's good...excpt it turned to rain immediately after. You guys ever try to clear a big driveway covered in wet snow that goes up to your waist?
Yeah...
99e2M.gif

Our power came back around 5pm yesterday but the internet only started up again just then. (It's 1:15PM here).
Yeah, snow laden with water is no fun to move. It's not fun when it rains then snows right after, so it's slippery just under the snow and everything is usually frozen shut.

I love it too, it never fails to make me go "how did I not recognize her/him?" Like for example one of my favorite characters is Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari and I only realized on a second watch of Madoka Magica that she was Homura which is crazy becauise it's the exact same voice. That's the first time I ever recognized a non-english voice across shows.
Yeah, I think the first time I noticed a non-english voice across shows is probably with Aki Toyosaki. She has a really distinctive voice, and the only character she's done that I've seen that I had a somewhat trouble guessing was Medaka from Medaka Box. Even then though, she'd still sometimes get a little into her Yui voice.

Just finished watching the full first season of Haganai, and I loved it :p Now I just need to wait for season 2 to be finished to I can marathon that, too!

Kyo-Ani related - Enjoyed Tamako Market ep1, looks like it's going to be yet another amazing show by them!

Nafe

Minako best girl! (i gotta rewatch Sailor Moon soon. last time i watched it was like 5 years ago)

Minako <3
Rei is my other favorite.
I just watched the show again starting around the end of 2011 and finishing last summer. I was watching at a rate of about an episode a day, unless I was busy or too tired or something. The original Japanese version too.

That reminds me, when is that new Sailor Moon coming? Sometime this year right?

Yeah, it's this year. I can't remember if anything was officially announced but it looks like it will probably be in the summer. Some of the different seiyuu have said they'll be back to reprise their roles but that's about it as far as information I think.

Yeah, I had seen Bakemonogatari and recognized Chiwa Saito's voice when I was watching Madoka and Homura started talking, which made me like the first episode and thus the show in general even more. I think she did a great job in that show, especially that emotional scene in episode 11. It's kind of funny reading the anime thread as many people there didn't realize it to start with or found out when looking it up and had a very similar reaction to you.

Metrotab

Banned
Little Busters is fucking excellent. Haven't been this addicted to something in a long while.

And Rin is sooooo cute it's killing me.

Yeah, it's this year. I can't remember if anything was officially announced but it looks like it will probably be in the summer. Some of the different seiyuu have said they'll be back to reprise their roles but that's about it as far as information I think.
It will be interesting to see what it looks like.
Awight, Hay, c'mon c'mon!

Not really, she just seems to be more of a fast learner than anything.
She's a savant!
Not really.
The new Sailor Moon will be my first exposure to it.

Do you guys think it'll be any good? I also haven't had any exposure to the previous incarnation(s)? of it...

Really? You never watched it as a kid? That's kinda odd.

Syrinx

Do you guys think it'll be any good? I also haven't had any exposure to the previous incarnation(s)? of it...

Right now I'm not even so much interested in watching it as I am just seeing what direction they'll take it. I'll have to watch Sailor Stars before then though. I may do an all-out rewatch when Summer break approaches.

I LIVE!
Yeah...

Reminds me of the DC snowpocalypse from a couple years ago...26 inches in one shot. Didn't rain though, so that's better than having to shovel the heavy wet stuff. We do have the largest driveway in our neighborhood that I can tell :/. Glad to hear you are doing ok :).

My Tsun-tsun figma is also on her way now, and I just got the Oreimo complete collection in. Time to finish the story tonight :D.

Guys, you guys, I want to do a simulview of Haganai Next and Tamako Market on Saturday (tomorrow) at 8PM EST. Who's with me?! Same place as always.

Can't make it tonight :(. Still on for tomorrow though!

Madao

my childhood was Saint Seiya, original Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon. after that came DBZ, Ranma, Rurouni Kenshin and Pokemon and a few other minor series. these were pretty big and it was mostly what most kids watched. it was a golden age.

one of the few times i'm glad i was born in the country i am. i still find it mind blowing that DB and SM started airing here before their final seasons had ended in japan. i think it was 1995 or 1996 when they premiered here and people were hooked. SM was the first "girl" show that the boys were watching a lot. i guess the shonen influences helped a lot.

btw, what's the story with the new SM? is it a reboot or a continuation?

my childhood was Saint Seiya, original Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon. after that came DBZ, Ranma, Rurouni Kenshin and Pokemon and a few other minor series. these were pretty big and it was mostly what most kids watched. it was a golden age.

one of the few times i'm glad i was born in the country i am. i still find it mind blowing that DB and SM started airing here before their final seasons had ended in japan. i think it was 1995 or 1996 when they premiered here and people were hooked. SM was the first "girl" show that the boys were watching a lot. i guess the shonen influences helped a lot.

btw, what's the story with the new SM? is it a reboot or a continuation?

Heh, that's pretty cool. If I'm gonna watch the new iteration, I'm hoping it's a reboot. If it's not, I'm guessing I'll have one hell of a lot of catching up to do!

Top Bottom