• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-on! Community |OT| Never Ending Talk About Never Ending Girl's Talk

GAH! I drew too close to the spine so I couldn't even scan in the first part right. =_=

Ah well, I'll just treat this as a first draft of some sort and restart tomorrow at work. Or tonight if I can't sleep. The proportions are all busted anyway, huh?

Partly because I feel bad for counting the chicken before it hatched (I EVEN SAID THIS TO MYSELF RIGHT OUTSIDE THE TRAIN STATION WHEN I POSTED IN THIS THREAD BEFORE GOING HOME AND I DIDN'T LISTEN!!!!), and partly because I'm a narcissistic fool, I'll post what I managed to scan in as a teaser.

Commentary time: Where Mugi is, I actually tried to draw Ritsu there at first. That was when I ran into the revelation that I sucked at drawing Ritsu because I've never tried to do so before. Also, because of where I railroaded myself by virtue of the odd curve that they all turn towards the spine in, I had to put Mugi in that corner whom I have also never tried to draw before. I was trying to find any space between Yui and Azusa to fit in clues as to why she was for some reason a head or so taller than everybody. That kind of tip-toe-standing is not adequate! XD

Seriously can't wait for the K-ON Movie. My guess is they'll just go with everybody speaking English unless they did something different for Mugi's line in the beginning of the episode where she hung out with Ritsu? (I have it in my head that she says "Uno momento kudasai!" because that's weird)

And even though it's all out here now legit in English I may end up importing every single release from Japan one day for the cast commentaries and the other bonuses they included back there. What would I do with those cloth posters? ._.

I'm really glad to see you drawing so often. I see you understand a lot of what you need to fix for next time, but here's some tips that might help you. To make sure you have room for all the characters you have in mind, you should layout in simple shapes where they're going to be, this will also help you make sure they're the right size compared to each other. Even before then, it might be best to start out sketching small thumbnails of how you want it to look like. Nothing fancy, just enough so you know who and where things should be, and then work up from there.
Like Uraizen said, you have been steadily improving so far, keep it up!

So, amishpriest99 was awesome enough to recommend K-ON to me, and I watched the first episode last night :)

It was delightful. I love the animation, The cute silly faces, Yui. She's so adorable xD I love when they were coercing her with all the sweets and tea. haha.

So, I've found a new series. I'll keep posting with thoughts of later episodes and such. :D

P.S. omg that ED song.

OceanBlue

So, amishpriest99 was awesome enough to recommend K-ON to me, and I watched the first episode last night :)

It was delightful. I love the animation, The cute silly faces, Yui. She's so adorable xD I love when they were coercing her with all the sweets and tea. haha.

So, I've found a new series. I'll keep posting with thoughts of later episodes and such. :D

P.S. omg that ED song.

Glad to see you enjoyed it! It's definitely a very adorable, cute show. And the EDs are great, I agree. I look forward to seeing your thoughts, since I always enjoy hearing people say positive things about K-On :D.

Glad to see you enjoyed it! It's definitely a very adorable, cute show. And the EDs are great, I agree. I look forward to seeing your thoughts, since I always enjoy hearing people say positive things about K-On :D.

I'm not very good with words but...It wasn't good at all! It went badly. haha. I cracked up. Didn't expect that out of Yui. It's refreshing out of the main character to be full of surprises like that.

Of course, plenty of the usual, Goku Miaka, I'm a huge pig when it comes to food, but it's very delightful. :)

I've always been one who found their antics to be funny and endearing. I say the show only gets better as the episodes go on. The cast is such a lovable bunch.

And yes, the ED is awesome.

Madao

random pic post!

chetwaifu14_zpsbcc8d4d4.png

chetwaifu13_zps7254d17c.png

chetwaifu12_zpsdbd3a2d3.png

chetwaifu11_zpscd52e292.png

chetwaifu10_zpsdd823f88.png

chetwaifu9_zps2ddf8f70.png

i got a new monitor and felt like trying the Wii U on it and took these just because i had things close and the time for it. i still like the TV more for playing but this monitor looks so good for browsing the internet and doing other stuff (except when scrolling. when you scroll, the text leaves a ghost image and that kinda blows. i guess LED tech had to have a downside)

cjkeats

I love when Articalys post in here, it's always good news. :D

Damn Chet's mii verse stuff is great. I wish Miiverse would hurry up and get to 3DS and phones so I could see all this (if it's even gonna work that way)

P.S. omg that ED song.

Good to see you here, and glad you liked it! Looking forward to hearing some more of your thoughts. And Yui is super adorable :).

So, another day of training done, with one more tomorrow. Pretty much ready for it to be over now though :/. Oh well.

Hope you all have had a good day :).

Good to see you here, and glad you liked it! Looking forward to hearing some more of your thoughts. And Yui is super adorable :).

So, another day of training done, with one more tomorrow. Pretty much ready for it to be over now though :/. Oh well.

Hope you all have had a good day :).

You're welcome, I really appreciate the recommendation. I've got some food ordered, and will watch probably a couple episodes tonight!

Question for you guys, is the PS3 K-ON! game worth getting? I recently bought Idolm@ster 2, which I adore (<3 that Makoto...) so any advice would be appreciated!

cjkeats

You're welcome, I really appreciate the recommendation. I've got some food ordered, and will watch probably a couple episodes tonight!

Question for you guys, is the PS3 K-ON! game worth getting? I recently bought Idolm@ster 2, which I adore (<3 that Makoto...) so any advice would be appreciated!

The PS3 game is just a port of the PSP game, part of the "PSP Remasters" series in Japan. It's a rhythm game that only features songs fromt he first season, and the game has no trophies. No one in the thread seems to have played it, but from what I understand, it's pretty good. You'll appreciate it more once you watch more k-on! and listen to the music some.

The PS3 game is just a port of the PSP game, part of the "PSP Remasters" series in Japan. It's a rhythm game that only features songs fromt he first season, and the game has no trophies. No one in the thread seems to have played it, but from what I understand, it's pretty good. You'll appreciate it more once you watch more k-on! and listen to the music some.

Awesome, appreciate the feedback. I'll wait til I finish season 1, but I'm sure I'll still want to order it.

I'll have to give my impressions then if I'm the first to order. lol.

K-ON!: Movie (Blu-ray) - 110 minutes - $23.99 - 5/21/13
Special Features: Interviews; K-ON's Anniversary; 1-2-3 K-ON!; Live Event; K-On in London; Trailer; Teaser; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Go, and pre-order.
Awesome, that's not too expensive at all. I'm not really sure what some of those special features are, like what Live Event?
random pic post!

i got a new monitor and felt like trying the Wii U on it and took these just because i had things close and the time for it. i still like the TV more for playing but this monitor looks so good for browsing the internet and doing other stuff (except when scrolling. when you scroll, the text leaves a ghost image and that kinda blows. i guess LED tech had to have a downside)
Thank you for posting them!
Chet's the best thing to happen to Miiverse

The Mioverse is the only reason I've turned my Wii U on most days lately, just to see if there are any new posts. :)
You guys are too kind.
I love when Articalys post in here, it's always good news. :D

Damn Chet's mii verse stuff is great. I wish Miiverse would hurry up and get to 3DS and phones so I could see all this (if it's even gonna work that way)
I think they said they'd get it on smartphones by this spring, not sure when it will find it's way to 3DS.

I think Emitan and Kandrick have it. I've been thinking about getting it for myself as well.

I think Emitan and Kandrick have it. I've been thinking about getting it for myself as well.

Thanks!

Also, do you mind if I add you on as a friend on Wii U? Love those drawings. leechaolan is my name on there.

I own the PS3 one.

It's okay. It's an average rhythm game at best held up by K-On! trappings.

How much would you say it's worth? I'd like to get it, but not overpay if it's only so-so.

Looked around on more details regarding the special features and found this post in another forum on what's apparently in the Japan/Taiwan release:

Let's puzzle out what goes 1:1 between the original release and the American release! said:
On the bonus disc are the following features: Yamada Naoko in London (location/scenario scouting), Tanaka Minami's dubbing report (additional feature of the recording sessions), a backstage feature of Houkago Tea Time in Universal Studios Japan, a Houkago Tea Time in TBS press conference, a special program K-On! the movie navigational program, music recording, stage greetings on opening day, non-text OP/ED, pre-movie bit about manners, and TV CMs/previews/trailers.

All of K-ON GAF should add each other on Wii U! I'm Shinogu!

Thanks!

Also, do you mind if I add you on as a friend on Wii U? Love those drawings. leechaolan is my name on there.
Oh, I don't mind at all. Go right ahead.
I will be more than happy to let you know.
I'm waiting.
Looked around on more details regarding the special features and found this post in another forum on what's apparently in the Japan/Taiwan release:

Some of that does sound like it's there for the Sentai release.

Add another point of respect on top of that now.

I am, too.

Do you have Tekken Tag 2 for either PS3 or Wii U? Could show you my most excellent Violet and Lee team. ;3

My Wii U ID is Emitan if you haven't added me by now

Add me too. I'm ncktgr. Emi is my only friend so far :<

Added both of you, if that's okay. I need more Wii U friends too. :3

Also, anyone else feel free to add me on PSN or WiiU - leechaolan

Uraizen

Banned
Do you have Tekken Tag 2 for either PS3 or Wii U? Could show you my most excellent Violet and Lee team. ;3

A Violet and Lee team? There is nothing more fabulous than that. I don't play TTT2 competitively, but I do own it on PS3. I'm picking up a WiiU once Bayonetta 2 drops and will probably snag TTT2U for cheap because of Tekken Ball. PSN ID is the same as my GAF name.

Oh well, you know...

Tell rightstuf to hurry up so I can tell you.

A Violet and Lee team? There is nothing more fabulous than that. I don't play TTT2 competitively, but I do own it on PS3. I'm picking up a WiiU once Bayonetta 2 drops and will probably snag TTT2U for cheap because of Tekken Ball. PSN ID is the same as my GAF name.

Tell rightstuf to hurry up so I can tell you.

Yep, I don't play competitively either, but I'm not too bad I would say. I'll add you after I watch another K-ON. ;D

GMUN - Added you too ^.^

Whee more Nintendo IDs for GuessMyUserName / Gmun to add

Can't wait for the update of MK7-esque User-Created Communities to come up, K-on Community will be so grand. I've actually been craving for that feature since the beginning! I love MK7 Communities.

GuessMyUserName for PSN too btw!

what game

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance! That's Raiden next to Yui there!!

Yoji Shinkawa, the Metal Gear artist, drew that doodle of Raiden on my MGS HD Edition game insert that I handed to him last year, and I scanned it in and cleaned it up tonight just to put it in my GAF avatar next to Yui >_>

Yoji Shinkawa, the Metal Gear artist, drew that doodle of Raiden on my MGS HD Edition game insert that I handed to him last year, and I scanned it in and cleaned it up tonight just to put it in my GAF avatar next to Yui >_>

Haha, classy I like it. Yui x Raiden. xD

That's pretty cool!

Top Bottom